PDA

View Full Version : AEK Athens (Away + Away)

Gala Foxes
11-09-2011, 10:29 AM
It doesn't seem like 10 years since our trips to Athens in 2001 for the AEK game.

I got a copy of the Frank Boyle Evening News cartoon from him a couple of weeks ago as it summed up the day we had in the City on the first trip.

Highlight was when a journalist from Radio Forth asked one of our group if he was gutted at traveling all this distance to find out the game was off - he replied "no - it would be worse being a Hearts supporter as they are in Dingwall tonight playing Ross County in the League Cup"

And they got beat !!

Top quality

tamig
11-09-2011, 12:59 PM
It doesn't seem like 10 years since our trips to Athens in 2001 for the AEK game.

I got a copy of the Frank Boyle Evening News cartoon from him a couple of weeks ago as it summed up the day we had in the City on the first trip.

Highlight was when a journalist from Radio Forth asked one of our group if he was gutted at traveling all this distance to find out the game was off - he replied "no - it would be worse being a Hearts supporter as they are in Dingwall tonight playing Ross County in the League Cup"

And they got beat !!

Top quality

Certainly doesn't seem like 10 years. A great night was had in Athens but the flight on the way back was spoiled by quite a few erseholes trying to steal things off the trolley and smoking in their seats. I was hoping they'd get lifted at Edinburgh but they just breezed past security. :rolleyes: