PDA

View Full Version : Pre-match Protest on Sunday - what will you do?

RIP
09-09-2011, 11:09 PM
There's a Facebook Site organised

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205369642856864

and so far 130 say they will be protesting outside the West Stand

If you are going to the game will you join the counter-demo or the protest group?

oldbutdim
09-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I shall be in having a light lunch before the game (and numpties) start.

:aok:

nortonhibby
09-09-2011, 11:18 PM
ill be
There's a Facebook Site organised

[url="http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205369642856864"/url]

and so far 130 say they will be protesting outside the West Stand

If you are going to the game will you join the counter-demo or the protest group?

ill be in the pub with all my fellow fans 4in hand is my regular:flag:

Sir David Gray
09-09-2011, 11:21 PM
I can fully sympathise with their feelings and their point of view but a protest's just not my scene.

brianmc
10-09-2011, 03:50 AM
Dearie me.
I'll be in the nip , as usual.
My tuppence for what its worth is-if you want to rant n rave and make a point to the board members as they enter Easter Road is - wait until you see them trying to enter ER then go and ****in rant and rave at them! Its not that difficult, there really isn't any need to text them, fax them, facebook them or send an email, or indeed post on a message board about what you're gonna do.
Just do it(apologies to Nike) and gie the rest of us a break eh?
In the 20 years I've had a season ticket we've been dire for at least 18 of them....... I've endured the ****** times, LOVED the good times and just got on wi it.
I want to be entertained, I want to win, I want to be proud of MY team-but **** me I've never felt the need to type away a keyboard saying"gie me a hand tae boo the board"

********S

Hibrandenburg
10-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Jesus, hope Hibs never get in real trouble otherwise we'll have folks outside the west stand kicking hats about.

Leith Green
10-09-2011, 06:42 AM
I agree totally that Calderwoods record is simply not anywhere near good enough, and also that Petrie & co have done a hell of alot bad along with the good that they have recieved plenty of praise for, the only way the board would get the message would be through falling attendances and/or people protesting their displeasure. Surely protesting would be a better idea after the game though not before it, and probably better served after the Dundee United game if we havent seen a turn around in results and performance by then?

gringojoe
10-09-2011, 08:21 AM
I was considering pouring petrol over myself and setting myself on fire in protest but petrol is just so expensive and it would probably nip. Instead I shall go for a few pints.

Tricla
10-09-2011, 09:16 AM
I think it's really embarrassing and although I share their frustration, I can't find sense in protesting after such few games and when CC has only just got his team together.

It's quite Yammish behaviour IMO.

:crazy:

ronaldo7
10-09-2011, 09:29 AM
:whistle:We want our beans back

cad
10-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Waste of time in my opinion ,nothings going to change

Options 1 Carry on as is , live with it ,

Option 2 There isnt one

Franck is God
10-09-2011, 10:14 AM
They can do whatever they like as long as they get their money out and pay to get in.

It's not something I would want to be part of so if I see them on Sunday then I'll just ignore them and to be honest I think at this stage of the season when realistically we've only played a handful of games a protest is a touch premature.

As far as I'm concerned what happened last season finished in May and CC starts with a clean sheet from the summer onwards, I saw encouraging signs in pre-season and I've been pleased with pretty much every signing we've made and the board can certainly not be accused of not backing the manager financially.

Whether CC is the right man for the job is a completely different question, his record prior to arriving at Hibs is very good as both a manager and as assistant so I for one am willing to give him every chance to prove himself, he has assembled the squad he wanted so the time for excuses is gone and results are required hopefully starting tomorrow.

Golden Bear
10-09-2011, 12:30 PM
There is a time and place for everything but staging a protest BEFORE an important game at ER is absolute madness imo.

surreyhibbie
10-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I won't be at the game, but if I were to go I wouldn't take part in any protest, I would be in the ground supporting the team.

Or in the pub beforehand :greengrin

The Falcon
10-09-2011, 12:36 PM
There is a time and place for everything but staging a protest BEFORE an important game at ER is absolute madness imo.

The link to the facebook page doesent seem to be working?

frazeHFC
10-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Think we are going to BTH. I may take a walk round to see how it is going, but will not be joining in, although i am frustrated with the board.

Albion Hibs
10-09-2011, 12:39 PM
I wish there was an option which was laugh in their faces. Stupid behaviour by people acting like angry children. I will be interested to see how many of them go into the ground afterwards to watch the game, and how many disappear off home to sit and watch the telly.

RIP
10-09-2011, 12:44 PM
The link to the facebook page doesent seem to be working?

The organisers had been invited to Easter Road to voice their complaints to Scott and Fife face to face. Best way to go IMO. Protests are only appropriate for a club and directors that are hiding from the supporters. From everything we see and hear Lindsay and Hyland don't shy away from talking direct to disgruntled punters

It's possible that meeting is taking place today :dunno:

down-the-slope
10-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I think it's really embarrassing and although I share their frustration, I can't find sense in protesting after such few games and when CC has only just got his team together.

Given the annonimity of PC plonkers - it may well be Yams who are behind & signing facebook......

Russ
10-09-2011, 01:50 PM
They can do whatever they like as long as they get their money out and pay to get in.

It's not something I would want to be part of so if I see them on Sunday then I'll just ignore them and to be honest I think at this stage of the season when realistically we've only played a handful of games a protest is a touch premature.

As far as I'm concerned what happened last season finished in May and CC starts with a clean sheet from the summer onwards, I saw encouraging signs in pre-season and I've been pleased with pretty much every signing we've made and the board can certainly not be accused of not backing the manager financially.

Whether CC is the right man for the job is a completely different question, his record prior to arriving at Hibs is very good as both a manager and as assistant so I for one am willing to give him every chance to prove himself, he has assembled the squad he wanted so the time for excuses is gone and results are required hopefully starting tomorrow.

Your first statement is ALL that is WRONG with our society today. I hear it time and time again, if you went to the cinema and didn't like a movie are you entitled to protest? I doubt you would even think about it cos u would look like a tit. Having said that i agree with everything else you typed. But really, this mentality that 'we are entitled' to ANYTHING is a joke.

I have mates that haven't, and have no intention of working a day in their lives, but think, and believe they are entitled to the world.I was one of the few protesters back in the dark days of the Mercer saga, and I for 1 am just thankful we are here as a club, in our illustrious history we have won the grand total of 9 major trophies, hardly a major haul for such an illustrious club, but it is who we are, either deal with it or removed right off.

Franck is God
10-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Your first statement is ALL that is WRONG with our society today. I hear it time and time again, if you went to the cinema and didn't like a movie are you entitled to protest? I doubt you would even think about it cos u would look like a tit. Having said that i agree with everything else you typed. But really, this mentality that 'we are entitled' to ANYTHING is a joke.

Actually have read my first sentence again and I didn't put it very well.

What I meant to say was if they want to protest thats up to them as long as they then put their hands in their pockets, pay to get in and support the team.

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2011, 04:20 PM

I have mates that haven't, and have no intention of working a day in their lives, but think, and believe they are entitled to the world.I was one of the few protesters back in the dark days of the Mercer saga, and I for 1 am just thankful we are here as a club, in our illustrious history we have won the grand total of 9 major trophies, hardly a major haul for such an illustrious club, but it is who we are, either deal with it or removed right off.

:faf: Did you really mean to have a go at peoples right to protest at the game as being all that is wrong with todays society before telling us how you were a protester during the Mercer days??? And remember YOU choose your mates!

MrSmith
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM
If it is indeed fans of Hibernian, then I hope they protest in a civilized manner and not allow it to get out of hand. Therefore, for Hibernian fans who feel differently, let them get on with it. We cannot go back to the dark days of the 80's when we were fighting on the terraces with each other! Remember, it is a democracy we live in and if some have gotten to the point where they have the need to vent their frustrations, then that is their right!

Kaiser1962
10-09-2011, 05:19 PM
If it is indeed fans of Hibernian, then I hope they protest in a civilized manner and not allow it to get out of hand. Therefore, for Hibernian fans who feel differently, let them get on with it. We cannot go back to the dark days of the 80's when we were fighting on the terraces with each other! Remember, it is a democracy we live in and if some have gotten to the point where they have the need to vent their frustrations, then that is their right!

First all I suspect its not but if it is then it is their right their right to protest. I will be in the West tomorrow and have no wish or desire to partake in a hatkicking session and I hope they respect my right not to.

Any smart arsed comments that they are the real supporters and we may well see a return to the 80's. :greengrin

nortonhibby
10-09-2011, 05:43 PM

Good point there have been loads of protests at the PBS Through the years and it got them no where, and this protest to oust RP And CC Does anyone have a plan if they got there wish and they both resigned after the game tomorrow ?
We would have a new team assembled by a Manager who was not there we would have to start all over again.
And who is to say that RPs replacement would splash the cash thats assuming we have any left.
Be careful what you wish for protestors.

johny1875
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm all for the protest,our feelings need to be felt,rooted at bottom of the table is not on,there is no life in our play.but lets do protest at end of game.

Tricla
10-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm all for the protest,our feelings need to be felt,rooted at bottom of the table is not on,there is no life in our play.but lets do protest at end of game.

I'm sorry but it's poor timing for a protest.

Now that CC is past the 16 players out of contract situation, got rid of the dross and signed his own players we should wait for a few more weeks at least before any action like this is considered. Unless we are doing better which I believe we will be.

Even then it'd be cringe worthy IMO.

ronaldo7
10-09-2011, 08:45 PM
I've heard it's been cancelled due to the "Leaders" being invited to ER to discuss their worries over a Crabbies Green Ginger.

Democracy eh.

LancashireHibby
10-09-2011, 09:10 PM
I will do my utmost to do a headcount of how many are protesting when I go to the Ticket Office to collect my tickets before the game. Shouldn't take long.

ronaldo7
10-09-2011, 09:11 PM
It's cancelled.

THREAD CLOSED:na na:

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-09-2011, 10:14 PM
IMHO a protest is counter productive in that it gives the targets scope to talk over the top of the point that the protesters are trying to make. The most damaging and tangible protest that is happening just now is the amount of erse-less seats for home games.

nortonhibby
10-09-2011, 10:28 PM
IMHO a protest is counter productive in that it gives the targets scope to talk over the top of the point that the protesters are trying to make. The most damaging and tangible protest that is happening just now is the amount of erse-less seats for home games.

that has to be RPs fault, and once the seat is empty for a season or 2 the supporter finds other things to do with his money and time RP Please note this.

And when the fare on the park is poor RP The empty seats grow, i am suggesting RP Opens the purse and buys us some quality that we can enjoy.:flag:

free transfers and cheap loan signings do not work.:confused:

steakbake
11-09-2011, 06:05 AM
See, this I don't get.

1. What money do we use for this spending spree?
2. What kind of sums of money would you say will get you these quality signings? 100k? 250k? 500k? 1mil+?
3. Please list rival SPL teams who have spent money like this and tell me what improvements they have made as a direct result?
4. What kind of player worth 500k+ is likely to consider the SPL over the English Championship or similar league where this level of fees are commonplace for relatively standard players?

As much as I get annoyed by us having a balance sheet to parade instead of silverware, buying expensive average players is not going to happen for all sorts of reasons.