PDA

View Full Version : Don't Look Back In Anger

Hibs12thMan
09-09-2011, 04:36 PM
One of the certainties of being a Hibs Supporters is that when we win a trophy, like we did on 18thMarch 2007, that experience keeps us on cloud nine for days....weeks....months. How many of us still watch those goals, the interviews and listen to that majestic choir from time to time?
:flag:

However when we go through a rough patch - as we did most of last season - we get depressed, angry, lash out and look for something or somebody to kick. No one of us can be positive all the time - we are human beings after all - not robots.

However let's put our own feelings to the side for a minute and slip inside the eye of the mind of Leigh Griffiths, Gary O'Connor, Ivan Sproule, Ian Murray, Callum Booth and co on Sunday as they sit waiting in the Easter Road dressing room at 2.45 pm. They will be nervous, keyed up and possessed of a burning desire to beat Aberdeen and get a few points on the board. They will want to give something back to this club - a club that they would walk over hot coals for.

We've got a hard core of supporters ready to support Hibs through thick and thin. We also have two guys currently running our club who share that passion. Do we appreciate how much effort our executive director put in over the summer building a new look team for us this season? Have we noticed the improvements in supporter communications, ticketing and marketing since the man who picked the songs for the 2007 Hampden celebrations became our CEO. Behind the scenes, Russell Smith, Boozy, Mickey Weir - all good Hibbies now back at the club. Some credit due surely? But of course they are not looking for credit - they want what all we Hibbies want. Good performances, wins and a climb up the table.

Far too many managers and players have passed through Easter Road since March 2007. But we now have more passionate Hibbies in the team and behind the scenes than for many years. So let's not look back in anger. Let's look forward to a new season with our new-look team and give every player in a Green and White shirt 100% backing for 90 minutes on Sunday.

While The Chief!!

Fifer
09-09-2011, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Hibs12thMan;2910625]One of the certainties of being a Hibs Supporters is that when we win a trophy, like we did on 18thMarch 2007, that experience keeps us on cloud nine for days....weeks....months. How many of us still watch those goals, the interviews and listen to that majestic choir from time to time?

However when we go through a rough patch - as we did most of last season - we get depressed, angry, lash out and look for something or somebody to kick. No one of us can be positive all the time - we are human beings after all - not robots.

However let's put our own feelings to the side for a minute and slip inside the eye of the mind of Leigh Griffiths, Gary O'Connor, Ivan Sproule, Ian Murray, Callum Booth and co on Sunday as they sit waiting in the Easter Road dressing room at 2.45 pm. They will be nervous, keyed up and possessed of a burning desire to beat Aberdeen and get a few points on the board. They will want to give something back to this club - a club that they would walk over hot coals for.

We've got a hard core of supporters ready to support Hibs through thick and thin. We also have two guys currently running our club who share that passion. Do we appreciate how much effort our executive director put in over the summer building a new look team for us this season? Have we noticed the improvements in supporter communications, ticketing and marketing since the man who picked the songs for the 2007 Hampden celebrations became our CEO. Behind the scenes, Russell Smith, Boozy, Mickey Weir - all good Hibbies now back at the club. Some credit due surely? But of course they are not looking for credit - they want what all we Hibbies want. Good performances, wins and a climb up the table.

Far too many managers and players have passed through Easter Road since March 2007. But we now have more passionate Hibbies in the team and behind the scenes than for many years. So let's not look back in anger. Let's look forward to a new season with our new-look team and give every player in a Green and White shirt 100% backing for 90 minutes on Sunday.

While The Chief!!
Exellent post :top marks

erin go bragh
09-09-2011, 08:55 PM
THATS MORE LIKE IT :agree: CMON THE HIBS [ GREAT POST ]

GGTTH

lucky
09-09-2011, 10:22 PM
One of the certainties of being a Hibs Supporters is that when we win a trophy, like we did on 18thMarch 2007, that experience keeps us on cloud nine for days....weeks....months. How many of us still watch those goals, the interviews and listen to that majestic choir from time to time?

While The Chief!!

Soap box before every game is becoming boring. Yes we all want to win. But endless talking up the crap team and management is fooling no one

RIP
09-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Soap box before every game is becoming boring. Yes we all want to win. But endless talking up the crap team and management is fooling no one

:aok: Too right mate

Let's call them a crap team - that'll get us off the bottom of the table :greengrin

lucky
10-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Spouting ever dying love on a message board is not exactly going help CC organise the defense is it. Every week someone comes on with a churchillian speech for the supporters to stand up and be counted. Well the reality is fans have had enough and its time for team to stand up and been counted to win back the fans.

matty_f
10-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Spouting ever dying love on a message board is not exactly going help CC organise the defense is it. Every week someone comes on with a churchillian speech for the supporters to stand up and be counted. Well the reality is fans have had enough and its time for team to stand up and been counted to win back the fans.

:top marksYes, let's withdraw any signs of encouragement and optimism until we win some games.

Beefster
10-09-2011, 08:58 AM
:top marksYes, let's withdraw any signs of encouragement and optimism until we win some games.

I'd be surprised if anyone needs a cliched, but well-meaning, 'motivational' speech/post before every single game in order to go along and encourage the team.

Being honest, I cringe when these threads appear before each game but whatever floats someone's boat.

The Falcon
10-09-2011, 09:00 AM
I'd be surprised if anyone needs a cliched, but well-meaning, 'motivational' speech/post before every single game in order to go along and encourage the team.

Being honest, I cringe when these threads appear before each game but whatever floats someone's boat.

Not really into it either but don't see that it does any harm.

matty_f
10-09-2011, 09:26 AM

So would I, to be fair - I just don't see the need to shout down someone trying to lift folk for it, though. The board's negative enough because of the general pish-ness of the team at the moment, it really doesn't need (IMHO) people nipping any positivity in the bud.

Pretty much how I feel about it as well.

Tricla
10-09-2011, 09:33 AM

Any other suggestions as to what us fans can do other than be positive and rally each other?

Beefster
10-09-2011, 10:16 AM

Me neither. That's why I posted...

but whatever floats someone's boat.

Franck is God
10-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Cheers to the OP!

Sums up my feelings perfectly, I hate the negativity from some on this board, I'm getting excited about the game tomorrow already. I don't think I'm being stupidly optimistic just my usual level prior to a match!

Dashing Bob S
10-09-2011, 11:20 AM
gonna start a revolution from the shed
but it's now gone so it'll the east stand instead
step inside for a pint behind the goals
cause the defence that Colin bought was full of holes

hibiedude
10-09-2011, 11:33 AM

I have kept away from this forum for the last few days because of the soap box fans telling us to remember the good old days, i'm only interested in the future

so your reply is spot on :top marks