PDA

View Full Version : 4th biggest club in Scotland. 12th in the league. Not acceptable.

SkintHibby
08-09-2011, 10:04 PM
This weekend will see us defeated by Aberdeen. We have been reduced to sheer hopelessness and will soon be staring relegation in the face.

This is not defeatism - this is Hibernian FC under the severely flawed 'leadership' of Rod Petrie.

The answer? I have no idea but I like the idea of Everton supporters march because they too fear where their club is heading.

Something needs done because relegation does not bear thinking about.

hibs0666
08-09-2011, 10:06 PM
This is not defeatism

Neither it is. :rolleyes:

GlesgaeHibby
08-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Calm yourself, we're only a few games into the season.

Jonnyboy
08-09-2011, 10:07 PM
This weekend will see us defeated by Aberdeen. We have been reduced to sheer hopelessness and will soon be staring relegation in the face.

This is not defeatism - this is Hibernian FC under the severely flawed 'leadership' of Rod Petrie.

The answer? I have no idea but I like the idea of Everton supporters march because they too fear where their club is heading.

Is that you Mark?

Saorsa
08-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Is that you Mark?:greengrin

abgreen
08-09-2011, 10:11 PM

Tell us the correct score so I can put a fiver on it....

Mibbes Aye
08-09-2011, 10:12 PM

That's a worry.

Hopelessness isn't good but if it's sheer hopelessness then it really must be bad :agree:

nortonhibby
08-09-2011, 10:14 PM
That's a worry.

Hopelessness isn't good but if it's sheer hopelessness then it really must be bad :agree:

we will win this weekend Pa Broon and his troops are mince:flag::flag:

erin go bragh
08-09-2011, 10:17 PM

Win on sunday and win our game in hand and we would be 4th , lets get behind the team and stop all this doom and gloom .

GGTTH

matty_f
08-09-2011, 10:18 PM

Good stuff, is that the league done for this season then?

Is that you Mark?

:faf:

That's a worry.

We're all dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooomed!!!

Mibbes Aye
08-09-2011, 10:20 PM
we will win this weekend Pa Broon and his troops are mince:flag::flag:

:aok:

Here's hoping we're not saying "sheer hopelessness" but saying "here sheeplessness" :greengrin :agree:

Brebners Bookie
08-09-2011, 10:20 PM
]This weekend will see us defeated by Aberdeen.[/B]

This is not defeatism

Hehehehehehe:not worth

nortonhibby
08-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Win on sunday and win our game in hand and we would be 4th , lets get behind the team and stop all this doom and gloom .

GGTTH
Exactly my thoughts :flag:

hibeedonald
08-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Who do you think is 3rd biggest? Hearts?

hibee92
09-09-2011, 12:18 AM
P1sh.

DC_Hibs
09-09-2011, 12:25 AM

GGTTH

Nobody else will be picking up points in this scenario of yours then??

Far be it from me to back up the nonsensical original post of course.

I'd suggest we see where we are having played everyone once.....and then bullet Caldo.

Iain G
09-09-2011, 12:49 AM

Possibly one of the most downright, miserable, "end of the world is nigh" posts I have read on here, and I've read a few in my time!!!

CHEER UP!!! :devil::na na:

Kaiser1962
09-09-2011, 01:58 AM

By what measure do you suggest we're "4th biggest"?

Septimus
09-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Why don't we just apply to be relegated without all the pain and effort involved in actually earning that position.

What a negative post. It is hard right now but I would much rather be a Hibs supporter than a supporter of any other team in the land. Part of the whole thing is that we don't just give up and go away.

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2011, 06:34 AM
LTYF - 4th biggest my *rse.

Biggest and best.

And anything below 3rd is unacceptable so yes, 12th certainly is.

DarlingtonHibee
09-09-2011, 06:55 AM

The answer? I have no idea -sums it up really ?

Saorsa
09-09-2011, 07:13 AM

Something needs done because relegation does not bear thinking about.Jeez, I thought I was a miserable git. While I have little confidence in the current management lets just wait and see what happens on Sunday, we've no lost yet.

marinello59
09-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Jeez, I thought I was a miserable git. While I have little confidence in the current management lets just wait and see what happens on Sunday, we've no lost yet.

Don't be hard on yourself J. I thought it too. :greengrin

Saorsa
09-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Don't be hard on yourself J. I thought it too. :greengrinAye but you must admit this thread makes me seem positively cheery :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
09-09-2011, 07:20 AM
I think I've went from feeling as miserable as the OP a few weeks back, to not really given a hoot anymore.

Maybe now I'm into my 30's, you learn to accept our team is pish and once every ridiculous amount of years we might get a day at hampden and even win.

all in all, my expectations of our club is as low as you could get.

poolman
09-09-2011, 07:36 AM

Oh dear

You must be a right barrel of laughs to sit beside at the games

erin-go-bragh87
09-09-2011, 08:08 AM

Biggest and best.

:top marks

Iain G
09-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Oh dear

You must be a right barrel of laughs to sit beside at the games

Maybe it's actually CC trying to (further) lower our expectations for the weekend of course :greengrin

--------
10-09-2011, 03:04 PM

Biggest and best.

I second the motion - punt the smelly so-an-so.

R'Albin
10-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I second the motion - punt the smelly so-an-so.

:agree::thumbsup::flag:

nortonhibby
10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
:aok:

Here's hoping we're not saying "sheer hopelessness" but saying "here sheeplessness" :greengrin :agree:

Even better if we are saying after the game Sheep were hopelessssssssssssssnes:greengrin:agree:

timebomb
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Even better if we are saying after the game Sheep were hopelessssssssssssssnes:greengrin:agree:

Is the game on TV tomorrow? I presumed as it was on a Sunday that it would be but I couldn't see it on any TV channels.

Cheers

HNA6
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Is the game on TV tomorrow? I presumed as it was on a Sunday that it would be but I couldn't see it on any TV channels.

CheersNope, moved because of some ersy march taking place today ..on BBC Alba after game though ..

timebomb
10-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Nope, moved because of some ersy march taking place today ..on BBC Alba after game though ..

ow well, I was hoping it was on as it sounded more appealing than Norwich v West Brom!!

Thanks for letting me know.

surreyhibbie
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Wot a winker...:rolleyes:

The OP I mean

connerg
11-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Who do you think is 3rd biggest? Hearts?

Exactly, are you admitting they deluded fannies are third biggest? :confused: What a crap target to aim for, let them cream themselves over that one!!!!!! Me, i don't want to be third best at anything.

DAVE1875
11-09-2011, 04:11 AM

7 games into the season, we've only played 5 due to the fact that we play today and our game with St/ Johnstone that was re-arranged due to the game with ****derland, and already you are touting us for relegation? If we win both these games will you be saying we're in a Championship battle with the Old Firm?

Best Hibs can hope for this season is being in the top 6 for the split and then, depending on the points and position, mount a challenge for Europe. With players like Garry O'Connor and Leigh Griffiths leading the charge we should be more than capable of doing just that (Hopefully we can get Griffiths on loan for another 6 months during the winter). There is skips loads of potential (I'm saying skips cause bags is not enough) at our club, we just need to unleash it, sadly I don't think Coco is capable of doing that, so it means we need the right man to unleash our potential. After his success at Celtic I would happily have Gordon Strachan as manager, yes he had a nightmare at Middlesbrough but it's the same as Roy Hodgson: Best Fulham manager in years by far - Became manager of Liverpool, gone by January.

As for the demo against CC & RP tomorrow, hopefully it shows we're standing up for the club and doesn't turn us into a laughing stock.

As for tomorrow:

MON THE HIBS!

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2011, 05:31 AM

A man with a plan! Just out of interest what did you make of Bush and Blair going into Iraq?

If there was a remake of dads army would you be going for the role of Fraser b any chance ;)

Kaiser1962
11-09-2011, 08:24 AM
I asked the OP earlier by what criteria do you measure the "size" of a football club? Is it trophies won historically, recent performances, income, expenditure, attendance or something else?

If those are the measures then we come up short on most of them when compared to those, I suspect, the OP is measuring us against.