PDA

View Full Version : Protest before game on Sunday.

silverhibee
07-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Not got a link but seen a wee bit in todays Sun that Hibs fans will protest at the front door of the main stand against Rod Petrie and Colin Calderwood regarding the way things are being run at the club.

First time heard about this, anyone else no anything. :aok:

SteveHFC
07-09-2011, 11:42 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3801954/Hibee-fury-at-Caldo-and-Petrie.html

matty_f
07-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Not got a link but seen a wee bit in todays Sun that Hibs fans will protest at the front door of the main stand against Rod Petrie and Colin Calderwood regarding the way things are being run at the club.

I haven't read or heard anything about it either - would have thought it would have been fairly well discussed on here or on the bounce, though.

I'm not sure that a protest 5 games into the season is that well thought through though.

Peevemor
07-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I haven't read or heard anything about it either - would have thought it would have been fairly well discussed on here or on the bounce, though.

I'm not sure that a protest 5 games into the season is that well thought through though.

I had to read that 2 or 3 times. :greengrin

As for the article/protest - loadypish!

Sir David Gray
07-09-2011, 11:56 PM
At least they've put a name to this protest, instead of "a source".

Anyone know who Mark Donald is? :dunno:

I can't say I'm surprised that some people are deciding to take this course of action to be honest, although I do think that the fans who will go to this will be few and far between.

matty_f
08-09-2011, 12:04 AM
I had to read that 2 or 3 times. :greengrin

As for the article/protest - loadypish!

:faf: I didn't even notice when I was typing that!!

I think if we're sat bottom of the league once the team's settled then a protest is fair enough, but the first/second league game after the transfer window has closed, when the players brought in haven't had a real chance to prove themselves to the fans, is very premature.

Skanko79
08-09-2011, 12:04 AM
I think this protest will be about as popular as Ian Murrays testimonial......

Sean1875
08-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Its been coming but I reckon it will make no difference what so ever.

Bayern Bru
08-09-2011, 12:39 AM
:faf:

Well you're at it lads, can you complain about my pie at the Berwick game being a wee bit burnt? ****** sake.

So some tube reckons we should protest against a manager who has literally just signed all the players he wants, is still out looking for more at the expense of our captain's testimonial, some of whom aren't 100% fit yet, 5 games into a new season, just after a transfer window's closed. Genius. Truly genius.

Presumably the numpty who decided to set this up is the kind of "Fan" who expects instant success on the park at all times, regardless.

:bye:

zlatan
08-09-2011, 01:18 AM
If we guess the attendance for it do we win a pencil?

Skanko79
08-09-2011, 01:20 AM
If we guess the attendance for it do we win a pencil?

i'll get the ball rolling.

just_joe
08-09-2011, 03:35 AM
If it's the same Mark Donald im thinking of then he will never get anyone joining his "protest" whatsoever. The one I know is not well liked whatsoever. IF it is the same Mark Donald then its just publicity.

EasterRoad4Ever
08-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Petrie/CC will think the poor turnout for the "protest" means that it is a tiny minority that are not happy with things and that everyone else is just :thumbsup::flag::cgwa

Gatecrasher
08-09-2011, 05:53 AM
I wonder if it's the same people who had the calderwood out sign at the Berwick game which looked like it was made out of toilet paper.

Spike Mandela
08-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Lose to Aberdeen on Sunday and the protests might gather momentum. Need a win big time.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Petrie/CC will think the poor turnout for the "protest" means that it is a tiny minority that are not happy with things and that everyone else is just :thumbsup::flag::cgwa

Although one element of guaging the temperature I'd hope for the board and supports sake it's not the only means.
I forget the timing of the survey and whether it came before the bruhaha that was the transfer window and the CC hokey-cokey.
SL and FH have spoken about engagement and welcome it.

I wonder if the part Mark mentioned but wasnt quoted was "I've exhausted all avenues the club haven't even returned my emails/calls or I just got a standard response it left me with no option"

What does Mark want CC out by the look of it but then what?

Zazu62
08-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Although one element of guaging the temperature I'd hope for the board and supports sake it's not the only means.I forget the timing of the survey and whether it came before the bruhaha that was the transfer window and the CC hokey-cokey. SL and FH have spoken about engagement and welcome it.I wonder if the part Mark mentioned but wasnt quoted was "I've exhausted all avenues the club haven't even returned my emails/calls or I just got a standard response it left me with no option"What does Mark want CC out by the look of it but then what? Eh?

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2011, 06:22 AM
Eh?
Is for horses
Bee?

Kaiser1962
08-09-2011, 06:23 AM
i'll get the ball rolling.

Do we win two pencils if we can name them? :greengrin

hibbiedon
08-09-2011, 06:25 AM

There was a link on facebook a while ago. I just ignored it and thought it had died the death

marinello59
08-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Protesting BEFORE the game? Surely that will be disruptive to the players. :confused
I suppose protest of some sort is inevitable, hopefully things will be kept sensible and calm. I assume they have a list of 'demands' of some sort.

Jack
08-09-2011, 06:52 AM
It is being arranged through a Facebook page, I was invited but suspect I'll be in the pub demonstrating my drinking skills.

Kaiser1962
08-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Protesting BEFORE the game? Surely that will be disruptive to the players. :confused
I suppose protest of some sort is inevitable, hopefully things will be kept sensible and calm. I assume they have a list of 'demands' of some sort.

I would assume they will be offering solutions as well?

Other that Pertie/CC/Board/Tam GTF that is.

RIP
08-09-2011, 07:00 AM
I understand a Counter-Demonstration is already being organised.

Lothian and Borders Police have been notified

It will be publicised in tomorrow's Daily Record

Kaiser1962
08-09-2011, 07:03 AM
I understand a Counter-Demonstration is already being organised.

Lothian and Borders Police have been notified

It will be publicised in tomorrow's Daily Record

Really? This is getting good. Who's organising that one?

IanM
08-09-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm going to start my own protest on Sunday

'Mark Donald do one'

sunday is for supporters only

offshorehibby
08-09-2011, 07:07 AM
As Matty said, you would have thought a protest would have been doing the rounds on here or some of the other Hibs sites. All of a sudden it's big news in sun.
I'm all for letting the new players bed in a bit before panic sets in.

dose anybody know anybody involved in this or is it a one man protest.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2011, 07:26 AM

Even those seasoned protesters - the dons - protested
AFTER the game.

Hibbyradge
08-09-2011, 07:28 AM
A naughty Yam did it and ran away. :agree:

cocopops1875
08-09-2011, 07:43 AM
I positively encourage every one of you guys to get involved , that way i will get served quicker in the four in hand

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2011, 07:45 AM
I don't think this protest will be successful as many fans think CC needs more time, and many more have ceased to care enough to be bothered to protest.

On the surface there is a lot to protest about:

-the lowest wins ratio by a Hibs manager in recent years

-a poor standard of football

-the resultant reduction of 40% in the number of season ticket holders in one year

Just think how much more he could achieve with more time.

But I think that protest is already being made by the thousands who haven't renewed their ST's.

Geo_1875
08-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Surely the time to protest is immediately after a poor result. Doesn't make sense to organise this 2 weeks after the derby defeat and right before what might be a vital game. Surely makes sense to protest after the game, if we lose, whenother "fans" feelings are ruuning high and more might join in. Will "they" be protesting then go to the game to cheer on the team? What a fud!!!

bingo70
08-09-2011, 07:58 AM
I know that Colin Calderwood is not popular at all with the media and Petrie has never been a media darling so this wouldn't be the wee rascals at the Sun trying to give this one persons idea some publicity in the hope it encourages more to turn out would it?

down-the-slope
08-09-2011, 08:40 AM

Well you're at it lads, can you complain about my pie at the Berwick game being a wee bit burnt? ****** sake.

So some tube reckons we should protest against a manager who has literally just signed all the players he wants, is still out looking for more at the expense of our captain's testimonial, some of whom aren't 100% fit yet, 5 games into a new season, just after a transfer window's closed. Genius. Truly genius.

Presumably the numpty who decided to set this up is the kind of "Fan" who expects instant success on the park at all times, regardless.

:agree: saved me the effort typing..totally agree..except about burnt pies..i'm not stupid enough to pay for / risk eating them :greengrin

Andy74
08-09-2011, 08:45 AM
:faf: I didn't even notice when I was typing that!!

I think if we're sat bottom of the league once the team's settled then a protest is fair enough, but the first/second league game after the transfer window has closed, when the players brought in haven't had a real chance to prove themselves to the fans, is very premature.

Similar to last year. We'd just signed a number of players as well but ultimately the opening results as well as the run at the end of the previous year, added up.

The fans turned at the end of the St Mirren game and another bad result would see some fans action by way of chants or whatever I would think.

smurf
08-09-2011, 08:46 AM

Agreed. However, should we lose on Sunday I think the atmosphere will really change and become quite poisonous.

Not heard of this so called planned protest.

Hopefully though we win and I expect us to do so!

smurf
08-09-2011, 08:48 AM
I think this protest will be about as popular as Ian Murrays testimonial......

Then that would though be a fair number protesting.

Hibby D
08-09-2011, 09:23 AM
It is being arranged through a Facebook page, I was invited but suspect I'll be in the pub demonstrating my drinking skills.

I noticed it the other day too. I distinctly recall looking at how many had signed up to "attend" and it was just over a hundred :protest:

Hope they all chuck some change into the buckets for the Dnipro collection :aok:

BigKev
08-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Personally don't believe there's much mileage in this. Surprised the Sun never visited .net to gauge support for this "protest".

Hopefully Mr Donald will be left looking foolish.

Geo_1875
08-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm seeing a Father Ted type protest. Two idiots chained to a railing chanting "Down with this sort of thing".

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Personally don't believe there's much mileage in this. Surprised the Sun never visited .net to gauge support for this "protest".

I spoke to Mr Petrie on Sunday, and he knows the feeling of the fans and the current disenchantment.....

FWIW I think the protest is pointless and silly, we have signed a number of new players, who will need time to get acclimatised to surroundings and gel into a team......

I also think we will beat the dons.......

lapsedhibee
08-09-2011, 10:38 AM

I spoke to Mr Petrie on Sunday, and he knows the feeling of the fans and the current disenchantment.....

Frightfully yammish turn of phrase on the board this morning. :boo hoo: :wink:

LancashireHibby
08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm seeing a Father Ted type protest. Two idiots chained to a railing chanting "Down with this sort of thing".

http://www.tvscoop.tv/father-ted-careful-now.jpg

I had a Facebook invite to this 'protest' as well but I can't see many turning up. I'm prepared to give Calderwood more time to allow his signings to settle in and see if it has any effect, though I think it's fair to say the clock is ticking.

LeithBoozy
08-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Talk of getting shot of our manager, while Fat Jim knew and Jimmy Calderwood are jobless, is giving me a dose of the ****ters.

bingo70
08-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Talk of getting shot of our manager, while Fat Jim knew and Jimmy Calderwood are jobless, is giving me a dose of the ****ters.

Jimmy calderwood would have got better results than we're getting just now, in fact looking at his track record there's no reason to believe he'd be anything but a success.

That said i'm still willing to give CC more time, i just get annoyed at Jimmy Calderwoods reputation when he's been more successfull than Levein was yet everybody sucked him off when he was manager of an extremely average dundee utd side.

Jack
08-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Jimmy calderwood would have got better results than we're getting just now, in fact looking at his track record there's no reason to believe he'd be anything but a success.

That said i'm still willing to give CC more time, i just get annoyed at Jimmy Calderwoods reputation when he's been more successfull than Levein was yet everybody sucked him off when he was manager of an extremely average dundee utd side.

Harry Potter became a bit of a folk hero when he was having a go at cheating referees and telling the SFA they were a bunch of winkers and where to stick their fines. I loved him for it.

I have to admit his change of employer has made him every bit as much of a winker as the rest of them.

Albion Hibs
08-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Protest? These folk want to have a word with themselves, nothing short of embarrassing to be talking about that 5 games into a season. Get a grip protest man, whatever his name is and lets get on with the season.

Does he really think protest before the game is going to help our manager, players and fans to get a result on Sunday.

RIP
08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I've also heard a rumour that a bunch of Hearts fans are aiming to joining the protest. Several had joined the 12thman Facebook that I'm a member of and been binned

Watch out for a bunch of protesters without Hibs colours, slinking off having a wee chuckle to themselves

Alan62
08-09-2011, 12:05 PM
The protester is obviously a delusional fool. The Sun is an embarrassing rag for giving this 'story' any credibility. Can't see this protest adding up to more than a handful of spotty morons who don't get out of the house very often. Could be amusing to torment them for a while though so I may head over to ER a little bit earlier than usual. :wink:

3pm
08-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Protest? These folk want to have a word with themselves, nothing short of embarrassing to be talking about that 5 games into a season. Get a grip protest man, whatever his name is and lets get on with the season.

Does he really think protest before the game is going to help our manager, players and fans to get a result on Sunday.

Sorry man but it's not just 5 games into the season. There has been no progress in Calderwood's 11 months. Even taking into account his new signings, there has been little progress regarding fitness, organisation and our general style of play.

It's sad but he isn't the man.

By the way, totally agree with 'These folk want to have a word with themselves, nothing short of embarrassing'. :aok:

Cabbage East
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I've also heard a rumour that a bunch of Hearts fans are aiming to joining the protest. Several had joined the 12thman Facebook that I'm a member of and been binned

Watch out for a bunch of protesters without Hibs colours, slinking off having a wee chuckle to themselves

If you actually believe that you need to have a word to yourself. It's one thing to join afacebook group but there's no danger any of them would set foot anywhere near easter road in case they got outed.

Albion Hibs
08-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Sorry man but it's not just 5 games into the season. There has been no progress in Calderwood's 11 months. Even taking into account his new signings, there has been little progress regarding fitness, organisation and our general style of play.

It's sad but he isn't the man.

By the way, totally agree with 'These folk want to have a word with themselves, nothing short of embarrassing'. :aok:

I hope them and any hertz f£nnies that turn up get laughed out of town. The hertz fans should be easily spotted with the common "jambo face" they all seem to have.

Calderwood took over and played a few games with the same players Yogi had, from memory (October, November and January - maybe 10 games), he was not there to turn water into wine - i am discounting those games in terms of any stats used against him.

He made a few signings close to the end of the jan window, so I am not judging his team until Feb - i.e. results from October, November, December and January. We went on a run, got rid of all the relegation threads on here, and concerns generally. We got ourselves safe and last seasons ends there for me.

Since then we had added extensively to the team, with two/three of the key players positions (right back) coming in last week. We have thrown away points so far this season, especially against St Mirren, that is not down to him it is about players not performing.

Tomorrow is a big game, the team has had a break and players have had time to get used to playing along side each other, I think we need to win this weekend, but I will not be throwing the baby out of the bathwater and looking for a new manager if we do not. Our managerial merry go round is moving far to fast and it is making us a laughing stock, no manager can bring in as many new players and get them working together this quickly.

If CC inherited a good team that were not peforming under the last manager and those were the results then fair enough I would agree he is not good enough, but the fact that he has had to do so much cannot and will not happen overnight.

He gets my backing until Hibs decide otherwise.

Broken Gnome
08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
As long as Easter Road is more than half empty, supporters email Fife Hyland and give Scott Lindsay grief, Hibs know how people feel. Doesn't need some nonsense protest to make them aware. These YouTube interviews aren't just for fun to a happy content supporter base...

ancient hibee
08-09-2011, 01:22 PM
If I take part will I get to wear a Russian hat?

woodyloon
08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Regardless how small or large any planned protest will be,the true state of things is a protest has started many months ago. You only have to look at attendances.

IMO fans started to get a bad feeling about how things were progressing when we went into the lower half of the split and were pretty much outplayed in every game.

Then the total sham of what CC wanted do during the pre season, which stopped any chance of progression when the man in given the responsibilty gave the impression that he wanted to be elsewhere,yes he has since confirmed he was now only focused on Hibs, but it took him long enough, and who's to say that he was not ordered to come out with some sort of statement to try and get the fans onside.

Then look at the way we have started the season and the worrying things is we are still are so easy done over, we might get the odd success during the season but wether it's enough I'm not sure. CC is still claiming that our players are finding there fitness, what did the other teams do, start their pre season 2 to 3 weeks before Hibs.

The most frightening things is that the last time we got relegated we were not the worse team in the league and we were competitive in the games, yes we shot ourself in the foot many times with late goals, keeper selling the shirt but we had a bit of backbone, the team looked like they cared and I believe this was the main reason we came straight back up, if we went down this year I'm not sure how confident I would be of a straight return.

Stevie Reid
08-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Calderwood took over and played a few games with the same players Yogi had, from memory (October, November and January - maybe 10 games), he was not there to turn water into wine - i am discounting those games in terms of any stats used against him.

He made a few signings close to the end of the jan window, so I am not judging his team until Feb - i.e. results from October, November, December and January. We went on a run, got rid of all the relegation threads on here, and concerns generally. We got ourselves safe and last seasons ends there for me.

Since then we had added extensively to the team, with two/three of the key players positions (right back) coming in last week. We have thrown away points so far this season, especially against St Mirren, that is not down to him it is about players not performing.

Tomorrow is a big game, the team has had a break and players have had time to get used to playing along side each other, I think we need to win this weekend, but I will not be throwing the baby out of the bathwater and looking for a new manager if we do not. Our managerial merry go round is moving far to fast and it is making us a laughing stock, no manager can bring in as many new players and get them working together this quickly.

If CC inherited a good team that were not peforming under the last manager and those were the results then fair enough I would agree he is not good enough, but the fact that he has had to do so much cannot and will not happen overnight.

I don't subscribe to the opinion that managers can ONLY be judged on teams that they manage that are predominantly made up of their own signings, but allowing for the first FIFTEEN games that he managed us for that you are writing off completely, why did the season end there for you exactly? There were 8 games to go and we still had plenty to play for.

So last season finished early and this one hasn't started yet - so what you are saying is that the only games that count for you are the five wins in a row in February and the other two that we remained unbeaten for, therefore dismissing every single one of his 22 defeats. Convenient, to say the least - and you are accusing people of using stats AGAINST Calderwood?

You say that we have thrown points away, especially against St. Mirren - ignoring the fact that 'throwing points away' equates to just another bad defeat, where else have we thrown points away? The only other time that we were in a winning position was for the remaining seconds of the ICT game.

And finally, you only wanted to judge Calderwood once he got his own players in, and now we are still losing, it is down to the players not performing? Players he signed. So how come he deserves credit for when we won and the players were performing, but is not deserving of blame when we lose? What exactly makes a manager culpable in your eyes? For me it's a team continually performing poorly and delivering shocking results. That's why Yogi had to go - the players were underperforming during his final months too. Or were they just crap? Or does the argument change to suit the intended target?

Your last statement is admirable, and I'll never knock you for that - but what goes before it is just flimsy excuse making. Of course it's not beyond the realms of possibility that CC could dramatically turn us around - I just don't understand how people can argue that after 38 games, Hibs getting worse and worse is part of the process that will lead to us getting better. It doesn't make sense to me.

Cropley10
08-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Lose to Aberdeen on Sunday and the protests might gather momentum. Need a win big time.

When was the last time we beat Aberdeen at home?

Folk on here should stop thinking that there aren't other bona fide Hibs fans elsewhere who might have a different PoV

The overwhelming point of view on here is that Caldo should be given 'more time', and whilst that's true, there will, inevitably, come a time when - if results don't improve - and we've seen no improvement whatsoever yet, more people will begin to agree with this guy who wants to protest.

We're bottom of the league, playing honking football - other teams without training centres and completed stadiums have managed to sign players, get them to 'gel' and win football matches, and even the odd admirer of the way they play. We're still waiting. Hopefully that will all begin to change on Sunday.

Albion Hibs
08-09-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't subscribe to the opinion that managers can ONLY be judged on teams that they manage that are predominantly made up of their own signings, but allowing for the first FIFTEEN games that he managed us for that you are writing off completely, why did the season end there for you exactly? There were 8 games to go and we still had plenty to play for.

Where did is say he could "only" be judged on his own signings? You have missed the point, if you expected him to come in and get his magic wand out you were kidding yourself. In those games he was losing with a team that was losing week in week out, if you think getting a new manager changes that then you are miles off the truth.

So last season finished early and this one hasn't started yet - so what you are saying is that the only games that count for you are the five wins in a row in February and the other two that we remained unbeaten for, therefore dismissing every single one of his 22 defeats. Convenient, to say the least - and you are accusing people of using stats AGAINST Calderwood?

Again I stated that the 5 games served a purpose, eradicating something we were all concerned about i.e. relegation. I did not say this season has not started yet, did I? On the last bit surely I am just using my own stat in my own way same as you are.

You say that we have thrown points away, especially against St. Mirren - ignoring the fact that 'throwing points away' equates to just another bad defeat, where else have we thrown points away? The only other time that we were in a winning position was for the remaining seconds of the ICT game.

I dont agree that throwing points away quates to another bad defeat. Throwing points away IMO is when you have a winning position and make two stupid mistakes in the space of 5 mins, and I mean stupid mistakes.

And finally, you only wanted to judge Calderwood once he got his own players in, and now we are still losing, it is down to the players not performing? Players he signed. So how come he deserves credit for when we won and the players were performing, but is not deserving of blame when we lose? What exactly makes a manager culpable in your eyes? For me it's a team continually performing poorly and delivering shocking results. That's why Yogi had to go - the players were underperforming during his final months too. Or were they just crap? Or does the argument change to suit the intended target?

The key underperformer is booth, did Calderwood sign booth? Or is it sections of the fans that had him as the best player in the league off the back of three games? Where did I say he deserves credit? He deserves time to get the team of players playing together, the most recent a right back, which we were screaming for, so essentially he is damed if he does and damed if he does not. We could just as quickly have a go at the signings for not coming sooner, the board for not getting them here sooner or the season for starting earlier. How many other teams have had to change as many players as us?

Re players under yogi being crap I think you are being a little stupid, that was a more than generally opinion and the reason we got rid of them!

Your last statement is admirable, and I'll never knock you for that - but what goes before it is just flimsy excuse making. Of course it's not beyond the realms of possibility that CC could dramatically turn us around - I just don't understand how people can argue that after 38 games, Hibs getting worse and worse is part of the process that will lead to us getting better. It doesn't make sense to me.

Re the flimsy excuse I dont see how anything that you have written actually relates to what I posted, and to that end I have asked a series of question to you in order that you can attempt to show me where I have stated these things. If not you have used my post to have a pointless and inaccurate rant about....nothing.

yekimevol
08-09-2011, 02:27 PM
according to this shocking excuse for a newspaper.
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3801954/Hibee-fury-at-Caldo-and-Petrie.html

there's going to be a demonstration against Calderwood and Petrie on Sunday !!!

Why do this now ! I personally believe that this month will be Calderwood's of trail because.

The squad is now complete and are his own players that he has chosen to bring to the club. If they fail now its on his head.
This months games in the league, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Dundee utd and St johnstone. These are all winable game. With a full squad we should take a good amount of points from them. Thus putting us higher up the league, If Calderwood was to fail at the end of these game then protest not now when this important series of game are upon us, when we need to stick together.

Reasons for were we are, But also to give Calderwood this month to take this club were it belongs.

The vast majority of the squad is now available to play. Any team would struggle with only one fit first team striker, give rangers only lafferty or celtic only Samaras would they have a great start to the season ? No they would struggle as any team would.
we have one game in hand if we were to win that game then we would be joint 7th in the league. A much nicer picture, still not great but still a improvement as pressure taken off.
The stay or go fiasco at the start of this season. The club never comments until a transfer or deal is complete. I'm not sure how much he was even allowed to actually say.

Now I think i'm going to get slated for this post.

BUT come on people give the whole team your support and let all move forward together. Then when the time is right we can take action as fans but this is not that time !

frazeHFC
08-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I had to read that 2 or 3 times. :greengrin Same. I thought he had just repeated the same word thrice. :tee hee:

frazeHFC
08-09-2011, 02:30 PM
There is a 2 page thread on this :wink:

yekimevol
08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
woops :\ guess ill just copy my rant in there

MrSmith
08-09-2011, 02:38 PM
We live in a democracy, don't we? therefore these guys have a right to protest if they so wish - so, I for one, won't knock them. However, i don't know what difference it will make! But... half empty stadiums tell their own story and any one of us who thinks its all good so far... well??

Houchy
08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
woops :\ guess ill just copy my rant in there

Why not delete this one in that case.:confused:

yekimevol
08-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Why do this now ! I personally believe that this month will be Calderwood's of trail because.

The squad is now complete and are his own players that he has chosen to bring to the club. If they fail now its on his head.
This months games in the league, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Dundee utd and St johnstone. These are all winable game. With a full squad we should take a good amount of points from them. Thus putting us higher up the league, If Calderwood was to fail at the end of these game then protest not now when this important series of game are upon us, when we need to stick together.
Reasons for were we are, But also to give Calderwood this month to take this club were it belongs.

The vast majority of the squad is now available to play. Any team would struggle with only one fit first team striker, give rangers only lafferty or celtic only Samaras would they have a great start to the season ? No they would struggle as any team would.
we have one game in hand if we were to win that game then we would be joint 7th in the league. A much nicer picture, still not great but still a improvement as pressure taken off.
The stay or go fiasco at the start of this season. The club never comments until a transfer or deal is complete. I'm not sure how much he was even allowed to actually say.

BUT come on people give the whole team your support and let all move forward together. Then when the time is right we can take action as fans but this is not that time

Cropley10
08-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Re the flimsy excuse I dont see how anything that you have written actually relates to what I posted, and to that end I have asked a series of question to you in order that you can attempt to show me where I have stated these things. If not you have used my post to have a pointless and inaccurate rant about....nothing.

There you go again, shouting other people opinions down.

Caldo didn't sign Booth - but he promoted him from the U19s. So whilst technically correct, he did give him his first team debut.

Houchy
08-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Is for horses
Bee?

I think you'll find it's "hay"is for horses!!!???:wtf:

Cropley10
08-09-2011, 02:58 PM

BUT come on people give the whole team your support and let all move forward together. Then when the time is right we can take action as fans but this is not that time

He needs at least the whole season. Unless we're cut adrift at the bottom of the league by Christmas.

The players need time to gel and get fit. Even if we don't win these games there's always the next 5 or 6 right?

MrSmith
08-09-2011, 03:02 PM

Caldo didn't sign Booth - but he promoted him from the U19s. So whilst technically correct, he did give him his first team debut.

I'm sure AH is a burd! No interested in anyone's opinion and always has to get the last word in! :na na::aok:

nortonhibby

Its a complete waste of valuable pre match drinking time :confused: id expect around a half dozen at most to bother turning up.

Demands :na na:

Cropley10

Why on earth would Hearts fans protest!??

They absolutely love Calderwood he's a legend in Gorgie already. We're bottom of the league FFS. They want him to stay, so I think it's highly unlikely that anyone from the other end of town will be there, rather disenchanted Hibs fans will be.

As DBS says though, it's the silent protest at every home game - with thousands of empty seats that tells the Board all they need to know, that and the League table.

yekimevol
08-09-2011, 03:03 PM
He needs at least the whole season. Unless we're cut adrift at the bottom of the league by Christmas.

The players need time to gel and get fit. Even if we don't win these games there's always the next 5 or 6 right?

the management team does need time but i see this series of games as a idea opportunity for them to show us what the team can do. As there's no teams that i consider to be better than us by any margin no celtic, rangers or tricky games against the mob down the road.

By doing well against these team he buy himself the rest of the season by bringing confidence back that has been lost since the last 6 months of hughes.

hibbymac
08-09-2011, 03:04 PM

Is that not a contradiction in two sentences, does he need at "least" the whole season, or until Christmas :confused:

Hibiza
08-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Forget it, back the team.

Stevie Reid
08-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Where did is say he could "only" be judged on his own signings? You have missed the point, if you expected him to come in and get his magic wand out you were kidding yourself. In those games he was losing with a team that was losing week in week out, if you think getting a new manager changes that then you are miles off the truth.

He made a few signings close to the end of the jan window, so I am not judging his team until Feb - i.e. results from October, November, December and January.

You're not judging him at all until after he signed 7 players and you don't expect a new manager who takes over a team that is losing week in week out, to stop the team losing week in week out. You can surely see what you're implying - though I'm unsure what you expect of a new manager, if not to improve results.

Again I stated that the 5 games served a purpose, eradicating something we were all concerned about i.e. relegation. I did not say this season has not started yet, did I? On the last bit surely I am just using my own stat in my own way same as you are.

No you are not at all. Even if you are counting the defeats from this season (which you don't seem to be in the post I responded to) you are still dismissing 18 of them. I am not 'using' any stats - I have stated that we have suffered 22 defeats in his tenure; that is a statement of fact, not a selective use of stats.

I dont agree that throwing points away quates to another bad defeat. Throwing points away IMO is when you have a winning position and make two stupid mistakes in the space of 5 mins, and I mean stupid mistakes.

Disagree all you want, seems like a strange argument to me - losing shockingly bad goals to lose a game from a winning position doesn't equate to another bad defeat? But regardless, my question was where else have we done that, apart from against St. Mirren? You said we had thrown points away, especially against St. Mirren. Where else?

The key underperformer is booth, did Calderwood sign booth? Or is it sections of the fans that had him as the best player in the league off the back of three games? Where did I say he deserves credit? He deserves time to get the team of players playing together, the most recent a right back, which we were screaming for, so essentially he is damed if he does and damed if he does not. We could just as quickly have a go at the signings for not coming sooner, the board for not getting them here sooner or the season for starting earlier. How many other teams have had to change as many players as us?
You've got a bit of a nerve accusing me of going on a rant when you've written the above - where do I start? So Booth is most culpable of all our players? Bit harsh, and I've stated several times on this board that I think the praise for him has been well over the top (though I do think he will be a good player). Ignoring the fact that you said 'players not performing', then mention only Booth (conveniently ignoring Palsson, a Calderwood signing who also made a glaring error in the St.Mirren game), the three biggest targets for the fans in Yogi's team were Hogg, Rankin and Nish - Yogi didn't sign any of them, but people berated him for playing them.

Ignoring the fact (again) that Calderwood gave Booth his debut and made him a first team regular (one of the few decisions that he has got right), if Booth is "the key underperformer" (an accusation that is harsh and cruel despite his poor form in recent weeks), then surely Calderwood is culpable for continuing to play him. The rest is barely decipherable, and I am unsure what point you are trying to make - if you are implying that there are numerous reasons as to why we are crap other than Calderwood doing a bad job thus far, then I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Incidentallly, given your defence of Ian Murray in numerous threads (a player that I admire but who has been in poor form), your scapegoating of Callum Booth is even more outrageous.

Re players under yogi being crap I think you are being a little stupid, that was a more than generally opinion and the reason we got rid of them!
Again, you've got a nerve calling me stupid when you've missed the point so spectacularly.

You do certainly appear to be confused - I don't think that's my fault though. The points I raised in my initial response to you were in direct relation to the parts of your post that I highlighted, and my points were relevant to those parts. That's how the things that I had written related to what you had posted.

sixtwo
08-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I only read the first page of this thread. Iwas stunned at the content but could not be bothered reading on because to me it sounds like a massive wind up.

It has all the signs of yammish mischief making.

Can anyone confirm if the publicity hungry person named in the article is in fact a hibby or is a wind up merchant?

sixtwo
08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm all for people having the right to protest but some fandangos just want attention!

We have made a few decent signings. Give them time to gel.

If we are still at the bottom of the league at the end of september then start talking about this stuff. we are few games into the season. We have played a game less than a few teams. A couple of wins and and we are right in the mix.

Can the potential protesters please have a word with themselves:wink:

down the slope
08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
You're not judging him at all until after he signed 7 players and you don't expect a new manager who takes over a team that is losing week in week out, to stop the team losing week in week out. You can surely see what you're implying - though I'm unsure what you expect of a new manager, if not to improve results.

No you are not at all. Even if you are counting the defeats from this season (which you don't seem to be in the post I responded to) you are still dismissing 18 of them. I am not 'using' any stats - I have stated that we have suffered 22 defeats in his tenure; that is a statement of fact, not a selective use of stats.

Disagree all you want, seems like a strange argument to me - losing shockingly bad goals to lose a game from a winning position doesn't equate to another bad defeat? But regardless, my question was where else have we done that, apart from against St. Mirren? You said we had thrown points away, especially against St. Mirren. Where else?

You've got a bit of a nerve accusing me of going on a rant when you've written the above - where do I start? So Booth is most culpable of all our players? Bit harsh, and I've stated several times on this board that I think the praise for him has been well over the top (though I do think he will be a good player). Ignoring the fact that you said 'players not performing', then mention only Booth (conveniently ignoring Palsson, a Calderwood signing who also made a glaring error in the St.Mirren game), the three biggest targets for the fans in Yogi's team were Hogg, Rankin and Nish - Yogi didn't sign any of them, but people berated him for playing them.

Ignoring the fact (again) that Calderwood gave Booth his debut and made him a first team regular (one of the few decisions that he has got right), if Booth is "the key underperformer" (an accusation that is harsh and cruel despite his poor form in recent weeks), then surely Calderwood is culpable for continuing to play him. The rest is barely decipherable, and I am unsure what point you are trying to make - if you are implying that there are numerous reasons as to why we are crap other than Calderwood doing a bad job thus far, then I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Incidentallly, given your defence of Ian Murray in numerous threads (a player that I admire but who has been in poor form), your scapegoating of Callum Booth is even more outrageous.

Again, you've got a nerve calling me stupid when you've missed the point so spectacularly.

You do certainly appear to be confused - I don't think that's my fault though. The points I raised in my initial response to you were in direct relation to the parts of your post that I highlighted, and my points were relevant to those parts. That's how the things that I had written related to what you had posted.

Well said, you have put into words all the things i wanted to say about this joker but couldnae be ersed, i think he's away for a greet !.

JimBHibees
08-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I only read the first page of this thread. Iwas stunned at the content but could not be bothered reading on because to me it sounds like a massive wind up.

It has all the signs of yammish mischief making.

Can anyone confirm if the publicity hungry person named in the article is in fact a hibby or is a wind up merchant?

Agree with that. Sounds like a massive wind up or deluded Hibbies with ADHD.

Maybe we should get Liam Miller back and boo him again based on a Yam wind up rumour.

Albion Hibs
08-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Who's opinion did I 'shout down'?

I think you will find that I commented on the the protest then made my point - the protest being the thread. Someone then commented on what I wrote, I have no issue with that, I dont agree with what he said, but no drama. I replyed to that, again I doubt the guy will have an issue with me doing that, so not to sure where your poor mans big brother involvement comes from.

Would you class your post in response to mine i.e. the above as 'shouting down', and if not why?

Brizo
08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
The only protest any fitba club understands and acts on is punters voting with their feet. The drop in ST numbers , an opening fixture crowd of only 12000 odd vs Celtc and subsequent home crowds that afaik havent hit the 10,000 mark are all the protest thats needed.

Any match day protest against CC misses the point that the Board appointed him and previous under performing managers. Any protest against the Board misses the point that ultimately they report to STF. STF is the key. Maybe hes not happy with the cycle of under performing managers , decreasing crowds and abysmal on field fare from his community team. Or maybe in the current financial climate hes content for us to tread water as a bottom 6 SPL club budgeting on us always retaining a hard core 5000 to 6000 Season ticket fanbase. Either way we'll never know as his Board shield him from any direct questioning.

Rougier45
08-09-2011, 05:45 PM
A protest and no one from hibs net involved or even aware tisk tisk. Protest well over due clueless has to go b4 we get relegated again bring in wgs or oneil

Albion Hibs
08-09-2011, 05:58 PM

The above does not answer any of the questions that I asked.

I asked you;

1. Where did i say that 'managers can only be judged on their own teams'. - you have not shown the the quote, please do.
I did say that "I" was not going to judge him on the team he took over. I did not expect him to change things overnight, making players better and results better by looking at them, my view. Again show me where I say that 'manager can only be judged on their own team'.

2. Where did I say that the only games that count for me are the 5 wins - you have again not shown me that.
I did say that following signings in January we made signings and due to a run of games removed ourselves from relegation threat which was a worry for many. I did not say those were the only games that counted, and simply put that is a fact.

3. I would suggest the mistakes in the St Mirren game was the equivilent of throwing away points, would you not agree with that. I would also say I am not singling out booth, I have stated on many threads I think he could be a good player, but he, like all youngsters is having a dip in form. My most recent comment in relation to booth was on the proposed team for Aberdeen.

4. Where did I imply that calderwood is only being judged on wins and its the teams fault if we loose? I have said nothing of the sort, I did state the importance of tomorrow, a reflection perhaps of the season before, in addition I said if we lose I was not going to have one at the whole situation.

I gave my view on the situation. to be blunt I said it when yogi was in charge I dont care about results which bridge over two seasons, and I dont care now. Palsson was equally as at fault for the silly mistakes in the St Mirren game, please excuse me for not providing a full analysis.

My post was based on how I am assessing Calderwood in terms of what he has done for the team and the results he has achieved. When he was appointed the team he took over was getting battered on here, comments that they should be replaced by the U19's they were that bad, that the whole lot of them needed to go - so how then do we get into the position where Calderwood is being canned for losing games with them which form part of the 22 game stat - if they were as bad as the vast, vast majority said at the time then are we really surprised he did not win more games last season?

I do normally think you post a lot of sense on here, your comments or shall we say false analysis of what you thought I said in my original post is poor. That is probably why you have numpties agreeing with what you have to say.

FranckSuzy
08-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I hope them and any hertz f£nnies that turn up get laughed out of town. The hertz fans should be easily spotted with the common "jambo face" they all seem to have.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Get right intae thum :thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM

Totally agree. There are now players in place and I do expect we will be showing signs of improvement but if that doesn't happen we will have to look at it again and just before the January window would be a sensible time.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Don't mind how many people gather and make a hoo-hah as long as when they are done, they pay their way in and take their seats. I would be more worried about the people that stay at home or go to the boozer to watch Super Sunday. Apathy will kill a club quicker than supporters protesting.

Albion Hibs
08-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Don't mind how many people gather and make a hoo-hah as long as when they are done, they pay their way in and take their seats. I would be more worried about the people that stay at home or go to the boozer to watch Super Sunday. Apathy will kill a club quicker than supporters protesting.

Agree 100%.

nortonhibby
08-09-2011, 09:38 PM
The only protest any fitba club understands and acts on is punters voting with their feet. The drop in ST numbers , an opening fixture crowd of only 12000 odd vs Celtc and subsequent home crowds that afaik havent hit the 10,000 mark are all the protest thats needed.

Any match day protest against CC misses the point that the Board appointed him and previous under performing managers. Any protest against the Board misses the point that ultimately they report to STF. STF is the key. Maybe hes not happy with the cycle of under performing managers , decreasing crowds and abysmal on field fare from his community team. Or maybe in the current financial climate hes content for us to tread water as a bottom 6 SPL club budgeting on us always retaining a hard core 5000 to 6000 Season ticket fanbase. Either way we'll never know as his Board shield him from any direct questioning.

our hard core 5000 will never leave us even if the un thinkable happened and we got relegated last time we went down our crowds increased to so us winning every week was a joy.

:flag:

Kaiser1962
09-09-2011, 02:07 AM
our hard core 5000 will never leave us even if the un thinkable happened and we got relegated last time we went down our crowds increased to so us winning every week was a joy.

Our average attendance dropped by about 1500-1600 in the first division and raised by again by a similar amount after we got promoted.

Septimus
09-09-2011, 02:24 AM
I predict that the protesters will be looking decidedly "sheepish" after the game. We are going to win.

SouthamptonHibs
09-09-2011, 07:12 AM

Not sure you can call the guy a numpty (ps i've no idea who he is) but what manager signs unfit players and plays up to 6 "not match fit players" in a derby match!
Now thats a numpty!
Fans are entitled to protest, CC is brutal, he has had loads of time to prepare a team for this season!
One of his many shocking statements was a few weeks back before the Celtic game when he said that Hibs aren't ready for the new season! Surely thats a sackable offence! The start of the season date has been out for months, Who's fauts that? Yes CC's!
The guy has no commitment to Hibs and his signings look to be gash!
His record speaks for himself. At worst a coaches job is to get a team fit and play to a game plan! Or team looks unfit and un-organised.
Fans have a right to protest!

Hail Hail

marinello59
09-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Not sure you can call the guy a numpty (ps i've no idea who he is) but what manager signs unfit players and plays up to 6 "not match fit players" in a derby match!
Now thats a numpty!
Fans are entitled to protest, CC is brutal, his had loads of time to prepare a team for the this season!
One of his many shocking statements was a few weeks back before the Celtic game when he said that Hibs aren't ready for the new season! Surely thats a sackable offence! The start of the season date has been out for months, Who's fauts that? Yes CC's!
The guy has no commitment to Hibs and his signings look to be gash!
His record speaks for himself. At worst a coaches job is to get a team fit and play to a game plan! Or team looks unfit and un-organised.
Fans have a right to protest!

Hail Hail

Yeap, they do.
Why before the match though when it will affect the players? After the match?..........if that's what people want to do it's up to them.

SouthamptonHibs
09-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Yeap, they do.
Why before the match though when it will affect the players? After the match?..........if that's what people want to do it's up to them.

Good point, timing of these things are always difficult as there's plus points to both!

I agree and say it's better to protest after the game, even if we win 3pts on Sun it won't make much of a difference to the fans if you are at the point your ready to protest.
In some cases it's good to protest before they game as it might be the kick up the @rse that everyone needs to go out and start getting results

3pm
09-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Yeap, they do.

Why are you so sure it will affect the players?

sunshine1875
09-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Zut Alors! Well I'm definately revolting!

I am joking!

IWasThere2016
09-09-2011, 07:34 AM
A naughty Yam did it and ran away. :agree:

Mark Donald(son) :agree: LTYF! :wink: :greengrin

marinello59
09-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Why are you so sure it will affect the players?

I don't know for sure but it is a possibility isn't it? Hopefully it won't.
But wouldn't it be fair to assume that it will provide a certain amount of distraction from the task in hand?

3pm
09-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I don't know for sure but it is a possibility isn't it? Hopefully it won't.
But wouldn't it be fair to assume that it will provide a certain amount of distraction from the task in hand?

I personally wouldn't make that assumption but I don't have all the facts to hand to say one way or another. If I was guessing, I'd say it wouldn't affect them. They are usually in the dressing room from 1.40ish so I don't think they'll be that aware.

Also, it doesn't seem to affect them when the atmosphere is good, bad or indifferent - we don't seem to perform that well. I am not sure a minor protest would really affect performance levels.

And above all, do they really care?

matty_f
09-09-2011, 08:58 AM
I personally wouldn't make that assumption but I don't have all the facts to hand to say one way or another. If I was guessing, I'd say it wouldn't affect them. They are usually in the dressing room from 1.40ish so I don't think they'll be that aware.

Also, it doesn't seem to affect them when the atmosphere is good, bad or indifferent - we don't seem to perform that well. I am not sure a minor protest would really affect performance levels.

And above all, do they really care?

I think a good atmosphere does affect them - when we beat St Mirren last season under the floodlights in the midweek, must-win game, the atmosphere was brilliant (I'm not talking about songs going for 90 minutes, I'm talking about a buzz around the ground, and a huge sense of the fans getting right behind the team and willing them to win) and the players responded, chasing everything down, flying into tackles, bursting a gut for the cause and lifted the performance accordingly.

I really hope we can get a similar atmosphere come Sunday, as I definitely think we are better when the crowd is up for it.

3pm
09-09-2011, 09:03 AM
I think a good atmosphere does affect them - when we beat St Mirren last season under the floodlights in the midweek, must-win game, the atmosphere was brilliant (I'm not talking about songs going for 90 minutes, I'm talking about a buzz around the ground, and a huge sense of the fans getting right behind the team and willing them to win) and the players responded, chasing everything down, flying into tackles, bursting a gut for the cause and lifted the performance accordingly.

I really hope we can get a similar atmosphere come Sunday, as I definitely think we are better when the crowd is up for it.

I'd normally agree Matty but we were 2nd to a high proportion of balls at the PBSy. I am now of the mindset that if we struggle to get up for that, how will we manage against anyone else?

Stevie Reid
09-09-2011, 09:03 AM
The above does not answer any of the questions that I asked.

I asked you;

1. Where did i say that 'managers can only be judged on their own teams'. - you have not shown the the quote, please do.
I did say that "I" was not going to judge him on the team he took over. I did not expect him to change things overnight, making players better and results better by looking at them, my view. Again show me where I say that 'manager can only be judged on their own team'.

2. Where did I say that the only games that count for me are the 5 wins - you have again not shown me that.
I did say that following signings in January we made signings and due to a run of games removed ourselves from relegation threat which was a worry for many. I did not say those were the only games that counted, and simply put that is a fact.

3. I would suggest the mistakes in the St Mirren game was the equivilent of throwing away points, would you not agree with that. I would also say I am not singling out booth, I have stated on many threads I think he could be a good player, but he, like all youngsters is having a dip in form. My most recent comment in relation to booth was on the proposed team for Aberdeen.

4. Where did I imply that calderwood is only being judged on wins and its the teams fault if we loose? I have said nothing of the sort, I did state the importance of tomorrow, a reflection perhaps of the season before, in addition I said if we lose I was not going to have one at the whole situation.

I gave my view on the situation. to be blunt I said it when yogi was in charge I dont care about results which bridge over two seasons, and I dont care now. Palsson was equally as at fault for the silly mistakes in the St Mirren game, please excuse me for not providing a full analysis.

My post was based on how I am assessing Calderwood in terms of what he has done for the team and the results he has achieved. When he was appointed the team he took over was getting battered on here, comments that they should be replaced by the U19's they were that bad, that the whole lot of them needed to go - so how then do we get into the position where Calderwood is being canned for losing games with them which form part of the 22 game stat - if they were as bad as the vast, vast majority said at the time then are we really surprised he did not win more games last season?

I do normally think you post a lot of sense on here, your comments or shall we say false analysis of what you thought I said in my original post is poor. That is probably why you have numpties agreeing with what you have to say.

Right, I really can't be bothered dragging things out any further, but I will offer a reply, as I feel compelled to.

You stated in your initial post that you were discounting the first ten games of his tenure: -

Calderwood took over and played a few games with the same players Yogi had, from memory (October, November and January - maybe 10 games), he was not there to turn water into wine - i am discounting those games in terms of any stats used against him

So whilst you didn't actually say that managers can only be judged on their own teams, there is a clear implication there, you must see that. But hey, if you want to see how silly this has become, all I actually said in the first place was "I don't subscribe to the opinion that managers can ONLY be judged on teams that they manage that are predominantly made up of their own signings", so I didn't even say that that was your viewpoint. There is a clear implication though.

After those ten games we then won the next five and drew the following two, securing our SPL status - you then stated: -

We got ourselves safe and last seasons ends there for me

which sounds an awful lot to me like you are discounting all the defeats after our run, and combined with the first quote, it would logically imply that you are discounting 18 defeats for one reason or another. And whilst you may not have stated that this season hasn't started yet, you are making allowances for the defeats, for a number of reasons.

This pulling quotes apart is really tiresome, and I'm sure it makes really boring reading for anyone who isn't you or me, but you seem to be arguing about syntax and not semantics - your standpoint on Calderwood is not in any way different now to what it was before, despite all of what has been written inbetween. You are stating that what I have extrapolated from your initial quotes is not accurate, which is fine, so we don't need to argue the point any further - you say the inaccuracy is due to bad analysis on my part, I say it's down to you not articulating yourself properly. It really doesn't matter.

As I have said before, your continual backing of Calderwood is admirable, and I will never knock you for that - I just feel that you are making far too many allowances for him, and how we have ended up where we are. Let's just hope that we can turn it around, and that you turn out to be right to make these allowances - that way, we all win.

cam2644
09-09-2011, 09:12 AM

Best assessment I've seen on this thread

JimBHibees
09-09-2011, 09:45 AM
I'd normally agree Matty but we were 2nd to a high proportion of balls at the PBSy. I am now of the mindset that if we struggle to get up for that, how will we manage against anyone else?

Even there IMO our support was very poor dont remember any Hibs songs at the game more an obsession with a dodgy guy playing in Kaunas. Once they scored no support at all in saying that the performance was very poor. At home I have no doubt teams are told to keep it tight and if you nick the first goal the fans will get on their backs. In saying that the team needs to inspire the fans also.

marinello59
09-09-2011, 09:55 AM

That's my concern as well. I really hope we see a team fully commited and aware of what each of them have to do. The evidence so far suggests that's unlikely though. Fingers crossed CC has it right this time.

Phil MaGlass
09-09-2011, 11:41 AM

FWIW I think the protest is pointless and silly, we have signed a number of new players, who will need time to get acclimatised to surroundings and gel into a team......

I also think we will beat the dons.......

I dont think this type of protest is pointless or silly, the last time anyone at Hibs protested was the Hands Off Hibs if Im not wrong? Thing is, we the fans do not get listened to, re. Ko times/days, 10 team league wtf? ticket prices the poor fair on show for as long as we can remember, I could go on and on and on... it seems that Hibs fans are quite content to sit around waiting years for an end product...oh,... no... wait a moment, no were not,they have stopped coming altogether, maybe if the protest/s had started years ago instead of now the fans voice may have been heard, and we wouldnt be 2-3000 fans down every week.
Outside Scotland it is the norm to protest, why should we be any different, have we become so accustomed to mediocrity that we take it as the norm, give me protesting any day to sitting on ma erse for years hoping things will get better then eventually turning yir back on the club and going to IKEA with the wife.
I personally will not be joining this protest as I think we will be turning the corner within the next 4 weeks, but I wish something like this had been organised years ago.
Dont blame the guy/s for having the initiative to do this, Im sure Im not the only one who wished something like this had happened LONG before now.We are surely smart enough to see where the guy/s is/are coming from, let them have their protest, it may well send a message to the club saying "OK enough is enough" and "you have to stop taking us for granted".
"STAND UP AND BE COUNTED" NO?

Albion Hibs
09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Right, I really can't be bothered dragging things out any further, but I will offer a reply, as I feel compelled to.

You stated in your initial post that you were discounting the first ten games of his tenure: -

So whilst you didn't actually say that managers can only be judged on their own teams, there is a clear implication there, you must see that. But hey, if you want to see how silly this has become, all I actually said in the first place was "I don't subscribe to the opinion that managers can ONLY be judged on teams that they manage that are predominantly made up of their own signings", so I didn't even say that that was your viewpoint. There is a clear implication though.

After those ten games we then won the next five and drew the following two, securing our SPL status - you then stated: -

which sounds an awful lot to me like you are discounting all the defeats after our run, and combined with the first quote, it would logically imply that you are discounting 18 defeats for one reason or another. And whilst you may not have stated that this season hasn't started yet, you are making allowances for the defeats, for a number of reasons.

This pulling quotes apart is really tiresome, and I'm sure it makes really boring reading for anyone who isn't you or me, but you seem to be arguing about syntax and not semantics - your standpoint on Calderwood is not in any way different now to what it was before, despite all of what has been written inbetween. You are stating that what I have extrapolated from your initial quotes is not accurate, which is fine, so we don't need to argue the point any further - you say the inaccuracy is due to bad analysis on my part, I say it's down to you not articulating yourself properly. It really doesn't matter.

As I have said before, your continual backing of Calderwood is admirable, and I will never knock you for that - I just feel that you are making far too many allowances for him, and how we have ended up where we are. Let's just hope that we can turn it around, and that you turn out to be right to make these allowances - that way, we all win.

"you say the inaccuracy is due to bad analysis on my part" - yes I do, see the bits in bold and underlined, you have in said it yourself above. But I will agree it is boring this analysis of words, your thoughts on what you think I said, was thinking at the time etc are wrong, I am sure you can appreciate you are not reading my mind!

I am not making excuses for him all the time. I have been honest enough on match/player ratings threads when I have said we were not good enough, but I perhaps dont vent as much of it towards him as others, but rather some of the players.

My simple view is that last season just about everyone said "we need an entire new squad", that last years players were "the worst they have ever seen in a hibs jersey", that the "under 19's would be a massive improvement" and our squad was "fit for relegation". So I wont ask you, but my view is that if the team last season was so bad then of the 17 loses, or whatever it was, out of the 22 games, what could we really expect from him? I would say I did not expect much, I hoped he would keep us up, but I did not expect him to turn "the worst ever team in a hibs jersey" into winners by looking at them.

The start of this year has not been good, we should be beating St Mirren at home, as for away to hearts I would hope we pump them, but would not be expecting anything, away to Killie cant remember the last time we won, but equally cant remember as bad a going over as we got on that day. So in my view we are maybe 3 points behind were an optamistic me would have us, and I dont blame Calderwood for those three points.

We desperatly needed a right back, we only managed to get one before the last game, we needed something more in midfield (Osborne) again only 2 games under his belt, we maybe needed more of a pentaly box threat (griffiths 15mins of action). These guys should have had a pre-season with us, but they did not and we are feeling the effects in my view. Was it Calderwoods fault they were not there from day one, probably not.

I am not going to judge the guy saying he is a terrible manager, because he did not win more games last season with the "worst ever hibs team" (hibs.net 2010/2011), and I am going to give him time with the players he has brought in.

silverhibee
09-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeap, they do.

I doubt the players will know whats happening outside the ground, cannot see it affecting them how they play, infact can they play any worse than what they have of latley. :greengrin

marinello59
09-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I doubt the players will know whats happening outside the ground, cannot see it affecting them how they play, infact can they play any worse than what they have of latley. :greengrin

I ******* hope not. :greengrin

Jack
09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
I ******* hope not. :greengrin

STOP trying to bypass the swear filter :devil:

We all know what ******* means :na na:

Stevie Reid
09-09-2011, 01:35 PM
"you say the inaccuracy is due to bad analysis on my part" - yes I do, see the bits in bold and underlined, you have in said it yourself above. But I will agree it is boring this analysis of words, your thoughts on what you think I said, was thinking at the time etc are wrong, I am sure you can appreciate you are not reading my mind!

I am not making excuses for him all the time. I have been honest enough on match/player ratings threads when I have said we were not good enough, but I perhaps dont vent as much of it towards him as others, but rather some of the players.

My simple view is that last season just about everyone said "we need an entire new squad", that last years players were "the worst they have ever seen in a hibs jersey", that the "under 19's would be a massive improvement" and our squad was "fit for relegation". So I wont ask you, but my view is that if the team last season was so bad then of the 17 loses, or whatever it was, out of the 22 games, what could we really expect from him? I would say I did not expect much, I hoped he would keep us up, but I did not expect him to turn "the worst ever team in a hibs jersey" into winners by looking at them.

The start of this year has not been good, we should be beating St Mirren at home, as for away to hearts I would hope we pump them, but would not be expecting anything, away to Killie cant remember the last time we won, but equally cant remember as bad a going over as we got on that day. So in my view we are maybe 3 points behind were an optamistic me would have us, and I dont blame Calderwood for those three points.

We desperatly needed a right back, we only managed to get one before the last game, we needed something more in midfield (Osborne) again only 2 games under his belt, we maybe needed more of a pentaly box threat (griffiths 15mins of action). These guys should have had a pre-season with us, but they did not and we are feeling the effects in my view. Was it Calderwoods fault they were not there from day one, probably not.

I am not going to judge the guy saying he is a terrible manager, because he did not win more games last season with the "worst ever hibs team" (hibs.net 2010/2011), and I am going to give him time with the players he has brought in.

Of course, I did allude to that in my last post, but in case it wasn't clear enough, I am neither daft/arrogant enough to continue to argue when you have confirmed what you meant in your initial post. I was just highlighting why I thought it was more than reasonable for me to draw the conclusions that I did, but you have confirmed that I was off the mark and I accept that.

No point discussing the rest of the post any further, we clearly have differing views on CC. FWIW, I don't believe that he is a terrible manager, despite the fact that I believe he is doing a terrible job - sometimes people don't fit in certain places, there have been numerous examples over the years of a manager with a good pedigree failing somewhere, then going on to be a success elsewhere. Brendan Rogers is a good recent example, taking Reading to the brink of relegation from the Championship and being sacked, then taking Swansea into the Premiership in his first season there. I just don't think Hibs and CC are a good fit, though I really hope I'm proved wrong.

Here's hoping for a win on Sunday.

HibsMax
09-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I wonder how many of the protesters will go into watch the game after protesting, and how many of them will voice their concerns and then go home. If the protesters plan on entering the game after then I hope there are 15,000 of them.

Albion Hibs
09-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Of course, I did allude to that in my last post, but in case it wasn't clear enough, I am neither daft/arrogant enough to continue to argue when you have confirmed what you meant in your initial post. I was just highlighting why I thought it was more than reasonable for me to draw the conclusions that I did, but you have confirmed that I was off the mark and I accept that.

No point discussing the rest of the post any further, we clearly have differing views on CC. FWIW, I don't believe that he is a terrible manager, despite the fact that I believe he is doing a terrible job - sometimes people don't fit in certain places, there have been numerous examples over the years of a manager with a good pedigree failing somewhere, then going on to be a success elsewhere. Brendan Rogers is a good recent example, taking Reading to the brink of relegation from the Championship and being sacked, then taking Swansea into the Premiership in his first season there. I just don't think Hibs and CC are a good fit, though I really hope I'm proved wrong.

Here's hoping for a win on Sunday.

Well finally we have something that we can agree on 110%.

Fingers crossed we pump the sheep and get this season off and running. Who knows maybe some of the 10 objectors will come into the stadium after and support the team and manager rather than dashing off home to watch Wigan V's Bolton or some other nonsence on Sky Sports.

nortonhibby
09-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Our average attendance dropped by about 1500-1600 in the first division and raised by again by a similar amount after we got promoted.

But the difference was the away teams brought very few fans and when we were winning every week the actual amount of Home supporters increased condiderably.

marinello59
09-09-2011, 04:44 PM
It's just been on Radio Scotland that Fife Hyland has offered to meet the organisers of the protest.

LancashireHibby
09-09-2011, 05:11 PM
It's just been on Radio Scotland that Fife Hyland has offered to meet the organisers of the protest.

BBC link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14860364.stm)

smurf
09-09-2011, 07:08 PM

This myth does my head in....

No our crowds didn't increase!

MrSmith
09-09-2011, 09:19 PM
BBC link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14860364.stm)

That interview is simply p@sh!

We will listen to any disgruntled fan however we hope the real fans will drown them out! What message does that send? Fyfe - go **** off! You need to listen to everybody's dog and their opinions!

Sick of this bull****!

I love Hibs but am now defining the line between the club 'Hibernian' and the custodians because the custodians don't give a *** about th supporters!

Albion Hibs - don't bother!

nortonhibby
09-09-2011, 09:54 PM
This myth does my head in....

No our crowds didn't increase!

i was there home fans increased away fans went down when we win every week the sun shines, tbo some of the away games that year were a hoot.:greengrin

RIP
09-09-2011, 11:03 PM
I love Hibs but am now defining the line between the club 'Hibernian' and the custodians because the custodians don't give a *** about th supporters!

Ever talked to Fife or Scott since they got their new jobs? Unlike Petrie's reign they dinnae hide. In the stands, Behind the Goals, Hibs TV, YouTube. They care every bit as much as us Smith. If you dinnae believe go and talk to their faces.

Or would you prefer anonomously abusing them behind their backs on messageboards?

oldbutdim
09-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I just had a look at the facebook stuff behind this - one of the guys there is a pal of my son. He (the facebooker) is a big Hun like his dad. If there are really Hibs fans behind this then they have Huns backing them.
Successful wind up, attendance fifteen tops.

:rolleyes:

nortonhibby
09-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Ever talked to Fife or Scott since they got their new jobs? Unlike Petrie's reign they dinnae hide. In the stands, Behind the Goals, Hibs TV, YouTube. They care every bit as much as us Smith. If you dinnae believe go and talk to their faces.

Or would you prefer anonomously abusing them behind their backs on messageboards?

120k per year they are supposed to be on,:top marks heard it on real radio phone in from a true hibby shareholder

RIP
09-09-2011, 11:48 PM
120k per year they are supposed to be on,:top marks heard it on real radio phone in from a true hibby shareholder

Less than Alan O'Brien, Liam Miller or Yves Makalambay then. Chief Executive of a multi-million pound business?

Kaiser1962
10-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Must be right then if it was on Real Radio. :agree:

Kaiser1962
10-09-2011, 08:20 AM
i was there home fans increased away fans went down when we win every week the sun shines, tbo some of the away games that year were a hoot.:greengrin

I would guess that many others of this MB were there as well but, overall, crowds dropped during our mis-adventure. If that was because visiting teams in the SPL bring an average of 1,592 visiting supporters every game then fair enough, but that cant be proved and the bottom line is that home attendances fell therefore the clubs revenues fell.

While the away games were fun I, and many others i suspect, would rather not repeat the experience.