PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Aberdeen (now that the nonsense footie is done)

Franck is God
07-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Now that the internationals (& Testimonials) are done with can we start talking about Hibs next game?

Thanks to our unconvincing start to the season we really need to pick up some points and the games in September are surely our best chance so far to pick up a few wins and some good performances, hopefully starting at the weekend against Aberdeen.

We now pretty much have a fully fit squad to choose from so which team would you pick?

Mine is below.

Brown

Towell---O'Hanlon---Hanlon---Booth

Palsson--Osbourne

Sproule----Spoony----Grifffiths

O'Connor

Subs

Stack
Stephens
Stevenson
Thornhill
Scott
Sodje
Agogo

DaveF
07-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I think Scott deserves a start (possibly for Palsson) and I wouldn't have Wotherspoon anywhere near the starting line up just now as he needs some time out.

Maybe Agogo for him, though admittedly I've not seen too much from Agogo yet.

Sunday is an absolute must win :agree:

erin go bragh
07-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Ill go for
...............Stack....................
Towell Stephens O`hanlon Booth

..............Palson.....................

.......Osbourne.. Scott ............

Sproule.................Sparky........

..............O`connor..................

GGTTH

Stevie Reid
07-09-2011, 12:24 PM
I think Scott deserves a start (possibly for Palsson) and I wouldn't have Wotherspoon anywhere near the starting line up just now as he needs some time out.

Maybe Agogo for him, though admittedly I've not seen too much from Agogo yet.

Sunday is an absolute must win :agree:

While the 3 points are obviously hugely important if we are to avoid being caught down the bottom for too long, I'll say what I said before the St. Mirren game when it was suggested that that too was a must win - I would settle for less if the team were to somehow manage to put in a committed and urgent performance that showed significant signs of progress in terms of the style football played, the pattern to our play, and how well organised we are and how we are set up defensively.

A lucky 3 points would also be well received, but we really need to show something that's a world away from what's been on offer thus far if we supporters are to be given any hope that the rest of this season can be anything more than a grim struggle.

Fingers crossed.

Wotherspiniesta
07-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Stack

Towell Stephens O'Hanlon Booth

Sproule Scott Osbourne Galbraith

Griffiths O'Connor

Subs: Brown Murray Wotherspoon Palsson Thornhill Sodje Agogo

Probably been said a thousand times about a thousand games but this is a must win IMO. We need to start picking up points. Especially at home. The fans need to get behind the players aswell.

Tollhouse Hibee
07-09-2011, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=Wotherspiniesta;2909214]Stack

Griffiths O'Connor

Subs: Brown Murray Wotherspoon Palsson Thornhill Sodje Agogo

I quite like that team, and think there is decent balance and decent pace in it. Not sure that i would start Griffiths, i think Sodje is more proven for us. I cant see Calderwood dropping Murray tho unfortunately.

R'Albin
07-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Palsson
Murray

Sproule
Osbourne
Scott
Booth

Griffiths
O'Connor

Prediction 1-3 to the Sheep and Calderwood will be punted.

EK_Hibs
07-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Ok I'll go for:

Stack

Griffiths O'Connor

Goalkeeper - Average
Back 4 - Average, low on confidence & inexperienced
Midfielders? - Just.....meh (I added Galbraith because he'll be desperate to play & prove himself)
Strikers? - Decent
:aok:

1-0 Home win to the Cabbage.

ps: Aberdeen are worse than us IMO

R'Albin
07-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Ok I'll go for:

Stack

Griffiths O'Connor

Goalkeeper - Average
Back 4 - Average, low on confidence & inexperienced
Midfielders? - Just.....meh (I added Galbraith because he'll be desperate to play & prove himself)
Strikers? - Decent
:aok:

1-0 Home win to the Cabbage.

ps: Aberdeen are worse than us IMO

I agree with some of what you say here, but IMO Stack is better than average. Although he has been a wee bit ropey at times this season he has saved us from total embarrassment some games.. Agreed with your summary of the back 4 and to an extent the midfield apart from a couple. But I think our strikers are better than decent, I could see Garry O' getting 20+ this season and I think Griffiths could turn out to be a good player.

Dashing Bob S
07-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Palsson
Murray

Sproule
Osbourne
Scott
Booth

Griffiths
O'Connor

Agree with the first part, but not the second. Hibs will probably lose convincingly but we need to keep faith with the manager as he talks well and his body language is good.

.Sean.
07-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Stack, towell, O'Hanlon, Murray and Booth. Sproule, Scott, Osborne and Wotherspoon with O'Connor and Griffiths up top.

Hamish
07-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Stack

Murray

O'Hanlon Hanlon

Towell Palsson Osborne Scott Booth

O'Connor Griffiths

Subs
Brown Sproule, Galbraith, Thornhill, Stephens Sodje

Hamish
07-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Agree with the first part, but not the second. Hibs will probably lose convincingly but we need to keep faith with the manager as he talks well and his body language is good.

:greengrin

hibsbollah
07-09-2011, 04:03 PM

Agree Bob. We're seeing much less of the stooped posture and ear fiddling that all students of body language know as signs of rampant insecurity linked to childhood trauma. His crossed arms still reveal a defensive attitude but his wide stance suggests a man in control of his immediate environment and responsibilities.

2-2 draw. But Colin has conquered his kinesical demons and Hibs can only benefit in the long run.

Hibee Hibernian
07-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Stack

Murray

O'Hanlon Hanlon

Towell Palsson Osborne Scott Booth

O'Connor Griffiths

Subs
Brown Sproule, Galbraith, Thornhill, Stephens Sodje

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree: exactamundo

edwards
07-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Stack

Towell
Murray
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Sproule
Pallson
Scott

Griffits

Sodje
O'Connor

sunshine1875
07-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Palsson
Booth

Sproule
Latapy
Lovell
Collins

Brewster
O'Connor

:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
07-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Scott
Pallson
Murray
Griffiths

O'Connor

Albion Hibs
07-09-2011, 08:35 PM
A bit surprised that so many have Booth at left back, given, pretty much every game so far this season. Not slating Booth, he may become a very good player, but I am worried he will get over played and it will set him back in the long run. I would be tempted to include him in the team and keep him in a more attacking position...the best part of his game by a mile. Hopefully this helps with his confidence and gives me the pick me up he needs, thereafter work him back towards his natural position at LB.

Stack

Towell / O'Hanlon / Hanlon / Murray

Scott

Wotherspoon / Osbourne/ Booth

O'Connor

Griffiths

nortonhibby
07-09-2011, 08:41 PM
While the 3 points are obviously hugely important if we are to avoid being caught down the bottom for too long, I'll say what I said before the St. Mirren game when it was suggested that that too was a must win - I would settle for less if the team were to somehow manage to put in a committed and urgent performance that showed significant signs of progress in terms of the style football played, the pattern to our play, and how well organised we are and how we are set up defensively.

A lucky 3 points would also be well received, but we really need to show something that's a world away from what's been on offer thus far if we supporters are to be given any hope that the rest of this season can be anything more than a grim struggle.

Fingers crossed.

I agree but i feel we are due a big win we are at home and the we will be up for it :flag::flag:

R'Albin
07-09-2011, 08:57 PM
A bit surprised that so many have Booth at left back, given, pretty much every game so far this season. Not slating Booth, he may become a very good player, but I am worried he will get over played and it will set him back in the long run. I would be tempted to include him in the team and keep him in a more attacking position...the best part of his game by a mile. Hopefully this helps with his confidence and gives me the pick me up he needs, thereafter work him back towards his natural position at LB.

Stack

Scott

O'Connor

Griffiths

Totally agree:agree:

Andy74
07-09-2011, 09:35 PM
It was turning a bit nasty at the end of the St Mirren game so despite all the chat from the Directors yet another home loss would end up with almost a no going back situation for CC.

Having said that I think Aberdeen are awful and O'Connor will be the difference. So long as we don't chuck away more goals than O'Connor can score.

H18sry
07-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Palsson
Murray

Sproule
Osbourne
Scott
Booth

Griffiths
O'Connor

Stack

Scott

O'Connor

Griffiths

:confused:R'Albin:confused: Do you really know what you want :cool2:

Jay
07-09-2011, 09:58 PM

Whats with the confused smilies? :dunno:

Albion Hibs
07-09-2011, 09:59 PM

In fairness I would probably change my selection and drop Wotherspoon in favour of Sproule.

greenlex
07-09-2011, 09:59 PM

I think he does Ronnie and you have dropped a bit of a bollock my son. He has highlighted Albions intro and totally agreed with that. His selection previous backs that up so yes he appears to know what he wants. :taxi for Ronnie. :greengrin :cool2:

sparkiedelpaco7
07-09-2011, 10:59 PM
I would go with a 3-2-2-2-1

STACK

O'HANLON -- MURRAY -- HANLON

TOWELL ---------------------------------- BOOTH
PALSSON -- THORNHILL
SPROULE--------------------------------GRIFFITHS
O'CONNOR

silverhibee
07-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Stack

Towell O'Hanlon Murray Booth

Galbraith Osbourne Thornhill Scott Griffiths

O'Connor

Skanko79
07-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Stack

Towell
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Booth

Osbourne
Pallson
Scott

Sproule
O'Connor
Griffiths

4-3-3

H18sry
08-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Whats with the confused smilies? :dunno:

I think he does Ronnie and you have dropped a bit of a bollock my son. He has highlighted Albions intro and totally agreed with that. His selection previous backs that up so yes he appears to know what he wants. :taxi for Ronnie. :greengrin :cool2:

Confused smiley was because he named a team and suggested we would get beat, then agreed with Albions team selection which contains different players, he then went back after I had posted and highlighted Albion's intro which was not done prior to me posting, if that had been done in the first place there would not have been this confusion. :na na:

micka_weer
08-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Reckon I'd go for

Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Osbourne
Thornhill
Galbraith

O'Connor
Sodje

However, I would play a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation (a little experimental) this would leave us a little open to attacks down the flanks but there's no way they will cut through the middle of the park. I also suggest that we play route 1 football, Stack straight thru to O'Connor that way there's no loose balls in the middle of the park 

greenlex
08-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Confused smiley was because he named a team and suggested we would get beat, then agreed with Albions team selection which contains different players, he then went back after I had posted and highlighted Albion's intro which was not done prior to me posting, if that had been done in the first place there would not have been this confusion. :na na:
You sure bonny lad? There doesnt seem to be any edit on his post quoting Albion. :wink:

H18sry
08-09-2011, 08:52 AM
You sure bonny lad? There doesnt seem to be any edit on his post quoting Albion. :wink:

Well why is the post on my thread not highlighted? You have quoted my post and the highlighted part is still highlighted.

greenlex
08-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Well why is the post on my thread not highlighted? You have quoted my post and the highlighted part is still highlighted. I reckon its because you have added Albions original post as you cant add Ralbins post as a quote where he highlighted. Anyway apart from being bored with this now I am sure Ralbin will be along to defend his corner. :greengrin Still think you dropped a bollock. :na na:

H18sry
08-09-2011, 10:04 AM
I reckon its because you have added Albions original post as you cant add Ralbins post as a quote where he highlighted. Anyway apart from being bored with this now I am sure Ralbin will be along to defend his corner. :greengrin Still think you dropped a bollock. :na na:

Just posted it as I saw it :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
08-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Stack

Towell
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
Osbourne
Galbraith

O'Connor
Griffiths

All out attack!

JimBHibees
08-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Fingers crossed.

Spot on no such thing as a must win game 5 games into the season however there needs to be some significant evidence of improvement in the short term in terms of style of play, chance creation, attempts at goal etc for fans to start believing in the team again.

thebakerboy
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
At the present time with only 1 win and sitting bottom of the table I think we need a team to go out and fight for a win so my starting 11 would not include Ivan or Danny. I would start with Stack in goals , best we have , then a back 4 of Towell O'hanlon Hanlon and Booth remembering 2 of these were in under 21 Scotland team that kept a clean sheet midweek , I would then have Paulsson and Murray in front of the back 4 and Osbourne and Scott driving forward , and then finish with Sodje and O'connor up front . After about an hour it would be time to release Ivan and Sparky up front to hopefully finish them off and start moving up the table. Not for one minute do I actually think that CC would agree at all and suspect he will start with a wide open team that will ultimately lose and get the result he seems to want (i.e. a way out with a good payoff and down to Brum he goes). I really hope I'm wrong with the last bit but..............................................

frazeHFC
08-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Stack

Towell O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth

Palsson Osbourne Scott

Sproule O'Connor Griffiths

Aldo
08-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Why does just about everyone have Sproule in their team. Time for him to have a wee sit on the bench cos he has brought nowt to the team since he came back.

Yes he is a fans favourite and yes he gives his all but after watching him against the Yams and after 3 attempts to get a cross in when guys were in the middle on each of these occasions he hit the first defender.

He should be dropped.

I would like to see a 3 5 2

Stack
Hanlon O Hanlon Murray
Towell Pallsson Osbourne Scott Booth
GOC Sodje/Griffiths.

Bench :- whoever else

Like I say Scott needs to be given a chance to show what he can bring to the team....

GG

PS Team wont be anything like ;)

Andy74
08-09-2011, 04:10 PM
No idea any more to be honest, and that's poor given the opportunity we had to re work this team.

Best I can think of in current form and fitness:

Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Murray

Osbourne
Palsson
Scott

Griffiths
O'Connor
Sodje

3pm
08-09-2011, 05:40 PM
No idea any more to be honest, and that's poor given the opportunity we had to re work this team.

Best I can think of in current form and fitness:

Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Murray

Osbourne
Palsson
Scott

Griffiths
O'Connor
Sodje

We can overhaul next year. 7 of that 11 are out of contract / loan expired. Super.

R'Albin
08-09-2011, 05:58 PM
I reckon its because you have added Albions original post as you cant add Ralbins post as a quote where he highlighted. Anyway apart from being bored with this now I am sure Ralbin will be along to defend his corner. :greengrin Still think you dropped a bollock. :na na:

Just posted it as I saw it :rolleyes:

I made sure I highlighted that bit of the post as the team contradicts what mine was..

So yeah you did drop a Bollock:na na::wink:

Jay
08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
I made sure I highlighted that bit of the post as the team contradicts what mine was..

So yeah you did drop a Bollock:na na::wink:

:tee hee: :not worth

connerg
11-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Now that the internationals (& Testimonials) are done with can we start talking about Hibs next game?

Thanks to our unconvincing start to the season we really need to pick up some points and the games in September are surely our best chance so far to pick up a few wins and some good performances, hopefully starting at the weekend against Aberdeen.

We now pretty much have a fully fit squad to choose from so which team would you pick?

Mine is below.

Brown

Towell---O'Hanlon---Hanlon---Booth

Palsson--Osbourne

Sproule----Spoony----Grifffiths

O'Connor

Subs

Stack
Stephens
Stevenson
Thornhill
Scott
Sodje
Agogo

Agreed, spoony needs a rest and think booth is heading the same way. Scott should have been on from the start against the yams and should get his chance tomorrow, but we're dealing with a manager who is not on the same planet as us Hibs fans.

connerg
11-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Reckon I'd go for

Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Osbourne
Thornhill
Galbraith

O'Connor
Sodje

However, I would play a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation (a little experimental) this would leave us a little open to attacks down the flanks but there's no way they will cut through the middle of the park. I also suggest that we play route 1 football, Stack straight thru to O'Connor that way there's no loose balls in the middle of the park 

Classic, lets just play safe and bore everyone to tears. CC aka Alex Miller, no that's not fair on Miller!!!!

I hate containment football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

connerg
11-09-2011, 02:39 AM
It was turning a bit nasty at the end of the St Mirren game so despite all the chat from the Directors yet another home loss would end up with almost a no going back situation for CC.

Having said that I think Aberdeen are awful and O'Connor will be the difference. So long as we don't chuck away more goals than O'Connor can score.

:top marks Think it will come down to mistakes, i mean if we don't any we will win. They are crap, really crap.

Spike Mandela
11-09-2011, 07:59 AM
:top marks Think it will come down to mistakes, i mean if we don't any we will win. They are crap, really crap.

Sad times for two great clubs.

Today we will find out who is the CRAPPEST!!!!!!!

If it is us I honestly think CC will be away.

PISTOL1875
11-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Stack

Towell O'Hanlon Murray Hanlon

Wotherspoon Scott Palsson Booth

O'Connor

Sodje