PDA

View Full Version : NHC Naysmith goal celebration?

RoxburghHibs
07-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Does anyone know what the Naysmith goal celebration is all about? I've seen pictures of him doing this "clasped hand" celebration a few times.

Just wonder if there is a meaning to it?

:confused:

Elephant Stone
07-09-2011, 07:46 AM
It's a super cool secret hun masonic thing.

Diclonius
07-09-2011, 07:50 AM
His bro who's in jail ken.

Golden Bear
07-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Does anyone know what the Naysmith goal celebration is all about? I've seen pictures of him doing this "clasped hand" celebration a few times.

Just wonder if there is a meaning to it?

:confused:

It simply means :- ------------------------- YES!!!!!

Absolutely nothing sinister about it so let's move on.

RoxburghHibs
07-09-2011, 08:22 AM
It simply means :- ------------------------- YES!!!!!

Absolutely nothing sinister about it so let's move on.

Simple question no need to get arsey :dunno:

It might well mean "yes" - just never seen Yes celebrated in that manor before. Seemed a tad odd to me is all - I think it must have some personal meaning to him.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-09-2011, 08:25 AM

It might well mean "yes" - just never seen Yes celebrated in that manor before. Seemed a tad odd to me is all - I think it must have some personal meaning to him.

To be fair i dont see anything arsey about GB's reply, you asked he gave. Maybe you were looking into it too much or wanted a reaction. :dunno:

Elephant Stone
07-09-2011, 08:30 AM

You might be right, if you have a peek on followfollow.com they do seem to be quite excited about it.

RoxburghHibs
07-09-2011, 08:42 AM
To be fair i dont see anything arsey about GB's reply, you asked he gave. Maybe you were looking into it too much or wanted a reaction. :dunno:

Maybe I was just wanting to know what the goal celebration was all about?

Somebody in my work has mentioned this is a "protest to do with a family member being in jail". Now I have no idea if that is true or not but just passing on the info so we can MOVE ON (I mean that in a non-arsey way :wink:).

Edit: Nobody has picked me up on my spelling error - it should read Naismith.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-09-2011, 08:51 AM

Somebody in my work has mentioned this is a "protest to do with a family member being in jail". Now I have no idea if that is true or not but just passing on the info so we can MOVE ON (I mean that in a non-arsey way :wink:).

he is quoted saying "I did it for the first time during the last game of last season, when Rangers won the league - so i planning to continue to do it".

google is your friend.

Jim44
07-09-2011, 08:53 AM

It would be a bit 'arsey' to pick you up on a spelling error but since you raised the issue yourself, be a bit more careful in future! :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
07-09-2011, 08:54 AM
It would be a bit 'arsey' to pick you up on a spelling error but since you raised the issue yourself, be a bit more careful in future! :greengrin

I promis I will :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
07-09-2011, 09:26 AM

You also spelt "manner" wrongly.

:greengrin

Jim44
07-09-2011, 10:43 AM
You also spelt "manner" wrongly.

Don't be too hasty to pick up RoxburghHibs for his spelling. He may very well have cleverly meant to use the word 'manor' as in 'a large esteemed area', ie. Hampden Park. :tsk tsk: :greengrin:

RoxburghHibs
07-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Don't be too hasty to pick up RoxburghHibs for his spelling. He may very well have cleverly meant to use the word 'manor' as in 'a large esteemed area', ie. Hampden Park. :tsk tsk: :greengrin:

No it was a spelling mistake :rolleyes:

ancienthibby
07-09-2011, 04:11 PM
I promis I will :greengrin

Could this be (yet) another (deliberate) spelling mistake!!??:greengrin

Keith_M
07-09-2011, 06:26 PM

Did you mean to say that he meant Hampden Park only or "for example"? If you meant "for example", you should actually have used the term "e.g.". The term "i.e." means "literally" or "in essence".

If you're going to be a pedant, expect to be shot down with the crows... or whatever :wink:

nonshinyfinish
07-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Did you mean to say that he meant Hampden Park only or "for example"? If you meant "for example", you should actually have used the term "e.g.". The term "i.e." means "literally" or "in essence".

If you're going to be a pedant, expect to be shot down with the crows... or whatever :wink:

Roxburgh's original post would only make sense if 'that manor' meant Hampden specifically, so 'i.e.' would be correct. Unfortunately Jim44 wrote 'ie.', which is incorrectly punctuated.