PDA

View Full Version : NHC Levein

KeithTheHibby
06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I know there is already a thread about this idiot however I feel he deserves another one.

We lose Miller and Mackail-Smith yet who does Potter call up? Nobody. How can you go into this game with 1 recognised striker???

What happens if Goodwillie goes off injured?? The man is an arrogant fud and his own stupid brassneck won't allow him to call up GoC or get in touch with Fletcher.

The only good that comes out of this is the fact that trumpet will lose his job when we inevitably fail to finish second.

allezsauzee
06-09-2011, 10:59 AM
You think he'll lose his job? I think the failure will be blamed on the refereeing decisions last Saturday rather than Levein's poor decisions earlier on in the tournament and he'll get to carry on into the world cup qualifiers . While I wouldn't blame Levein for the poor state of Scottish football, he is in way over head at international level.

patlowe
06-09-2011, 12:04 PM
I think Levein is a competent manager but he's made so many fundamental misjudgements in this campaign. In qualifying the margins of error are so tiny and I don't think he's been up to the job. The tactics he used in the away matches in Prague and Kaunas were unforgivable IMO. I don't think he'll lose his job though, he's far too popular among the media and SFA.

As an aside, for all the criticism he's faced over the years, only Berti Vogts has got us finishing 2nd or higher in a group since Craig Brown left. That is a pretty damning statistic.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2011, 12:37 PM
I know there is already a thread about this idiot however I feel he deserves another one.

We lose Miller and Mackail-Smith yet who does Potter call up? Nobody. How can you go into this game with 1 recognised striker???

What happens if Goodwillie goes off injured?? The man is an arrogant fud and his own stupid brassneck won't allow him to call up GoC or get in touch with Fletcher.

The only good that comes out of this is the fact that trumpet will lose his job when we inevitably fail to finish second.

I'm afraid I don't see that happening.

For some unknown reason, he seems to be a favourite with the media and the popular train of thought at the moment is that Scotland are actually an improving side under Levein.

When the inevitable happens and we fail to finish 2nd, the SFA will quickly look forward to the 2014 World Cup campaign. When we fail to qualify for Brazil, the pressure may then start to build.

KeithTheHibby
06-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm afraid I don't see that happening.

For some unknown reason, he seems to be a favourite with the media and the popular train of thought at the moment is that Scotland are actually an improving side under Levein.

When the inevitable happens and we fail to finish 2nd, the SFA will quickly look forward to the 2014 World Cup campaign. When we fail to qualify for Brazil, the pressure may then start to build.

Not a favourite with everyone, this is a good article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14780267.stm

Billy Whizz
06-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I think he may jump ship before then as I get the impression that he misses the day to day club involvement

soproni1
06-09-2011, 03:18 PM
I think Levein is a competent manager but he's made so many fundamental misjudgements in this campaign. In qualifying the margins of error are so tiny and I don't think he's been up to the job. The tactics he used in the away matches in Prague and Kaunas were unforgivable IMO. I don't think he'll lose his job though, he's far too popular among the media and SFA.

As an aside, for all the criticism he's faced over the years, only Berti Vogts has got us finishing 2nd or higher in a group since Craig Brown left. That is a pretty damning statistic.

Why coulnt we have that group now coz Germany were murder (by their standards-prior to the Klinsmann revolution) at that time

Germany
SCOTLAND
Iceland
Lithuania
Faroe Islands

Levein would still find a way to make an a**e of it