PDA

View Full Version : Media Gordon Smith, first of the movie star footballers

McHibby
06-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Not entirely sure why this is in The Sun, maybe a book coming out or something (?), an article about Gordon Smith:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3796348/First-of-the-movie-star-footballers.html

MartinfaePorty
06-09-2011, 08:12 AM
There is indeed a book coming out, as my mate recently mentioned that, as someone who contributed to buying Gordon Smith's medals etc for the Easter Road Museum, he received an invite to the upcoming book launch in the West Stand. Not sure of the full details though.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Great story but as usual it didn't take a stupid yam long to make a smart assed comment about us, talk about obsessed?

:rolleyes:

McHibby
06-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Great story but as usual it didn't take a stupid yam long to make a smart assed comment about us, talk about obsessed?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know. I thought that too. It was a nice story, there was no need for the jibe.

Lucius Apuleius
06-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Also one coming out, probably this month, from Le God.

tanfield
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Also one coming out, probably this month, from Le God.

Out the middle of October according to Amazon. Just pre-ordered it.

Jonnyboy
06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Out the middle of October according to Amazon. Just pre-ordered it.

Am going to the official launch on Thursday at ER and when I got my copy to review (still reading it and it's brilliant :greengrin) it gave the publication date as 1 September 2011

Septimus
07-09-2011, 05:56 AM
As I remember it Gordon Smith came from Montrose. His early love affair with Hearts must have been at long distance.

franks
07-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Bought a copy of the Gordon Smith book on Sunday before the match, didn't even know one was coming out. It's written by his son Tony Smith. Just started reading it and must say it's well written and a really good read up to now. I would strongly recommend it to any hibs fan especially those of an older vintage.

Jonnyboy
07-09-2011, 06:10 PM
As I remember it Gordon Smith came from Montrose. His early love affair with Hearts must have been at long distance.

Not strictly true Septimus. Born in Edinburgh to a Hearts supporting Dad who found better employment prospects in moving his family north to Montrose when Gordon was just two years old.

'Mon the Hibs
07-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Bought a copy of the Gordon Smith book on Sunday before the match, didn't even know one was coming out. It's written by his son Tony Smith. Just started reading it and must say it's well written and a really good read up to now. I would strongly recommend it to any hibs fan especially those of an older vintage.

There is a book signing on the 12th (I think) at Waterstones in Ocean Terminal.

Dashing Bob S
07-09-2011, 10:16 PM
The greatest ever Hibernian footballer. The greatest ever Scottish footballer.

Never saw him play but the facts and the recollections of others speak for themselves.

Septimus
08-09-2011, 03:58 AM
Not strictly true Septimus. Born in Edinburgh to a Hearts supporting Dad who found better employment prospects in moving his family north to Montrose when Gordon was just two years old.

A case of early pollution then?

Jonnyboy
08-09-2011, 09:15 PM
A case of early pollution then?

:greengrin

Was at the book launch tonight at ER. A fantastic turnout from former players, not just of Hibs but also Hearts and Dundee.