PDA

View Full Version : Is Hibs Aberdeen on TV (merged)

KiddA
06-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Is the game on tv this Sunday?

PeeJay
06-09-2011, 04:18 AM
It's on Hibs TV - not sure about them "real" tv setups though :greengrin

Gala Foxes
06-09-2011, 04:44 AM
the game has been moved to the Sunday because of a planned march on the Saturday & not for TV - moved for security reasons

Moulin Yarns
06-09-2011, 05:53 AM
5:30 on BBC Alba, or not :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcalba/programmes/schedules/2011/09/11

HibeeMG
06-09-2011, 06:19 AM

Might be split screen! :greengrin

GloryGlory
06-09-2011, 06:34 AM
the game has been moved to the Sunday because of a planned march on the Saturday & not for TV - moved for security reasons

This is what annoys me. Why should someone whose activities inconvenience law-abiding citizens going about their everyday business get permission to do anything? Surely there should be a presumption that any inconvenience to normal everyday life means that a march can't go ahead.

LancsHibs
06-09-2011, 06:45 AM
What march?? Whats going on on Saturday?

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-09-2011, 06:46 AM
SKY guide has the Hibs game on Alba at 5.30 on Sunday.

hibs0666
06-09-2011, 07:24 AM

nazis

Frazerbob
06-09-2011, 07:29 AM

Scottish Defence League had planned a march for Saturday before it was banned by the council. I'd still expect a few knuckle draggers to be in town......actually Hearts are away aren't they?

davemcbain
06-09-2011, 07:50 AM

Is it just me or is it a little wierd that a gaelic only tv station gives all it's program descriptions in English?

Anyhoos - there's only one SPL game on Sunday, so it looks like that's what Alba are covering.

alfie
06-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Finally the investment in Freeview pays off! :woohoo:

How long did that take?

RoxburghHibs
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
here's a good website tio check:

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

brog
06-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Scottish Defence League had planned a march for Saturday before it was banned by the council. I'd still expect a few knuckle draggers to be in town......actually Hearts are away aren't they?

So if the march is off, why are we still playing on Sunday?? Now it will clash with live Prem footy & possibly cost us some customers.

Frazerbob
06-09-2011, 11:29 AM
So if the march is off, why are we still playing on Sunday?? Now it will clash with live Prem footy & possibly cost us some customers.

I think there is still the chance that the twats will congregate as planned. Also worth noting that the ASC have some strong links with the National Front so that may have influenced the police decision to move the game.

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM

As you may be aware the Scottish Defence League (SDL) submitted a notification of a public procession on the 10 September 2011 to the City of Edinburgh Council. This was subsequently considered by the Regulatory Committee of the Council who made the decision to prohibit the procession.
Following the decision of the Regulatory Committee in respect of the SDL application, a separate application was submitted to the City of Edinburgh Council by Unite against Fascism (UAF), a group established in direct response to SDL/EDL ideology, for an anti racism march and rally in Edinburgh on the same date, 10 September, 2011. The City of Edinburgh Council is currently considering this application.
Lothian and Borders Police will play a vital role in maintaining public safety and security in addition to facilitating any peaceful protest and it is essential that we provide a reassurance message across all our communities emphasising that we are fully prepared for these events. The Force has undertaken a significant amount of planning and preparation and a detailed policing plan is in place to ensure public safety on the day.

Golden Bear
06-09-2011, 11:55 AM
As you may be aware the Scottish Defence League (SDL) submitted a notification of a public procession on the 10 September 2011 to the City of Edinburgh Council. This was subsequently considered by the Regulatory Committee of the Council who made the decision to prohibit the procession.
Following the decision of the Regulatory Committee in respect of the SDL application, a separate application was submitted to the City of Edinburgh Council by Unite against Fascism (UAF), a group established in direct response to SDL/EDL ideology, for an anti racism march and rally in Edinburgh on the same date, 10 September, 2011. The City of Edinburgh Council is currently considering this application.
Lothian and Borders Police will play a vital role in maintaining public safety and security in addition to facilitating any peaceful protest and it is essential that we provide a reassurance message across all our communities emphasising that we are fully prepared for these events. The Force has undertaken a significant amount of planning and preparation and a detailed policing plan is in place to ensure public safety on the day.

The worry is where do we go from here? Will it now be a case that each and every time a political/non political march is planned then the Police themselves determine whether or not a pre-planned football fixture can go ahead?

In my eyes the Police should be there to ensure that the Law is complied with but there seem to be more and more instances of the Police acting as Law makers.

Gatecrasher
06-09-2011, 11:57 AM
if folk want to protest/march/celebrate thats fine but on a match day.....gonnae no dae that. Yet another match moved to a sunday :rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
06-09-2011, 12:08 PM
all the council had to do was tell them the march couldnt go ahead on the saturday as it was on at the same time as a sporting event, they could have changed the march to sunday.

Moulin Yarns
06-09-2011, 12:25 PM
As the game will now be played on Sunday 11/9/11, the tenth anniversary of the Terrorist attacks on the USA, are we to assume there will be a minutes silence/applause before the kick off?

Albion Hibs
06-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I said at the time a similar thread popped up, that it was a farce that a football game which may be attended by circa 10,000 people was moved from 3pm on a saturday to a sunday to accommodate a hundred or so muppets. If the council was going to accommodate these idiots then they should have moved there day out to Sunday, not the majortiy.

As someone said above this is likely to have an effect on the crowd, certainly from the aberdeen point of view, and them having to travel down on a sunday.

Loosing customers as someone said about to Sky is a sad state of affairs, but given that it is not on TV hopefully a few more will make their way along.

brog
06-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I can remember ( just ) a year when Hibs played Aberdeen at home in the cup, Yams played Rangers at PBS & Scotland played France at Murrayfield. Total attendance of about 125,000 & police coped. Now with all high tech available to them, games are called off for any old reason. This doesn't seem to happen in England, why not?

Golden Bear
06-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I can remember ( just ) a year when Hibs played Aberdeen at home in the cup, Yams played Rangers at PBS & Scotland played France at Murrayfield. Total attendance of about 125,000 & police coped. Now with all high tech available to them, games are called off for any old reason. This doesn't seem to happen in England, why not?

Chief/Assistant Chief Constables acting like Politicians rather than Police could be one of the answers!

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2011, 03:22 PM
The worry is where do we go from here? Will it now be a case that each and every time a political/non political march is planned then the Police themselves determine whether or not a pre-planned football fixture can go ahead?

In my eyes the Police should be there to ensure that the Law is complied with but there seem to be more and more instances of the Police acting as Law makers.

800 Police were assigned to deal with this last time out, in preparation of something similar and in order to ensure public safety the fixture was put to a Sunday on the original fixture list and not rearranged from a pre arranged Saturday.

Golden Bear
06-09-2011, 03:35 PM
800 Police were assigned to deal with this last time out, in preparation of something similar and in order to ensure public safety the fixture was put to a Sunday on the original fixture list and not rearranged from a pre arranged Saturday.

Thanks for the response.

So as I understand it the Council have still to make up their mind on whether or not a counter demonstration can go ahead on Saturday even although the original protest is no longer taking place? :rolleyes:

And in the meantime Hibs as a football club are caught in the middle of the hoohah and will be expected to bear the resultant loss of income.?!

Only in Scotland !

Hibernia Na Eir
06-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Scottish Defence League had planned a march for Saturday before it was banned by the council. I'd still expect a few knuckle draggers to be in town......actually Hearts are away aren't they? the balding gay Nazi chaps are to do a pathetic "static" demo. it'll not be Jenny's again though.....;)

Gettin' Auld
06-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Is it just me or is it a little wierd that a gaelic only tv station gives all it's program descriptions in English?
Not any more weird than someone in the UK spelling words like yank!!

:greengrin

monktonharp
07-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the response.

So as I understand it the Council have still to make up their mind on whether or not a counter demonstration can go ahead on Saturday even although the original protest is no longer taking place? :rolleyes:

And in the meantime Hibs as a football club are caught in the middle of the hoohah and will be expected to bear the resultant loss of income.?!

Only in Scotland !and can you tell if Hibernian fc have had much to say about it.? have they tried to have it overturned, eg: to respect our fans,who have spent their money to watch their football on Saturdays at 3pm, we demand that our game will go on, as we pay our taxes, and our rates to the Council etc etc . nah,...somehow I cant see them doing that, and it is one of the reasons that more and more fans are totally pissed off and just giving it up.

john18722
08-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know why the game is on Sunday? I am assuming it's not on TV with a 3pm kick off. Any ideas?

LancashireHibby
08-09-2011, 12:29 PM
The police wanted it shifted to the Sunday because of a planned Scottish Defence League march/protest in Edinburgh on Saturday, which has since been banned anyway.

john18722
08-09-2011, 12:42 PM
The police wanted it shifted to the Sunday because of a planned Scottish Defence League march/protest in Edinburgh on Saturday, which has since been banned anyway.

Fair enough, thanks for the info. Hate it when games are on a Sunday. You can't beat 3pm on a Saturday.

ancient hibee
08-09-2011, 01:14 PM
I believe that roads around Holyrood are closed on Sunday until 5.30 because of the Edinburgh Riding of the Marches so steer clear after the match.

Cropley10
08-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Out of interest when did we last win a game on Sunday?

Sir David Gray
08-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Out of interest when did we last win a game on Sunday?

February 20th 2011.

We beat St Mirren 1-0 in Paisley.

We haven't won in a Sunday game at Easter Road for almost 3 years, when we beat Celtic 2-0 in the match where Rankin scored his "squiggler" against Boruc.

We've played 15 times at home on a Sunday since then, although to be fair, most of those games have been against the Old Firm.

offshorehibby
08-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Look at it another way, there is a lot of potential for trouble and violence on Saturday you're happy enough for innocent Hibbys with kids in tow to get caught up in any trouble.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Fascist-group-vows-to-tear.6832713.jp

Golden Bear
08-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Look at it another way, there is a lot of potential for trouble and violence on Saturday you're happy enough for innocent Hibbys with kids in tow to get caught up in any trouble.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Fascist-group-vows-to-tear.6832713.jp

Fair point.

However a Hibs supporter should not be in any greater danger than say Andy Capp going to his pigeon club AGM or Mrs Doubtfire heading to Princes Street for a shopping spree.

Keith_M
08-09-2011, 04:18 PM

Ah the 70s/80, what nostalgia :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
08-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I believe that roads around Holyrood are closed on Sunday until 5.30 because of the Edinburgh Riding of the Marches so steer clear after the match.

Brilliant :brickwall:fuming:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-09-2011, 09:17 PM
nazis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTT1qUswYL0

dp00
09-09-2011, 12:27 AM
The police are still expecting trouble... Far as I'm aware all leave has been cancelled on Saturday

JimBHibees
09-09-2011, 10:57 AM

The road through Holyrood park is always closed on a Sunday, assuming you are meaning extra roads as well.

givescotlandfreedom
09-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Football fans - now officially less important than Nazis.

LancashireHibby
09-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Football fans - now officially less important than Nazis.

I would say it should prompt some sort of look in to how much policing is directed towards the SPL when I would say on the whole it is dis-proportionate to the crowds that attend. There was a big EDL march in Manchester a few years ago (with usual UAF counter-protest) that had thousands turn up, but there was still enough police that it didn't affect 72,000 people attending the Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford that night - surely L&B have enough resources to cope with a few hundred protesting and 9,000 football fans at the same time (and in largely different parts of the city)?

Gatecrasher
09-09-2011, 11:25 AM
are the train stations open? the shops? the pubs? Museums? Why no the football?

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2011, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=Gatecrasher;2910425]are the train stations open? the shops? the pubs? Museums? Why no the football?[/QUO

Why have two major events to Police when you can move one event and focus on one! Makes perfect sense to me.

Gatecrasher
09-09-2011, 07:34 PM
I would say it should prompt some sort of look in to how much policing is directed towards the SPL when I would say on the whole it is dis-proportionate to the crowds that attend. There was a big EDL march in Manchester a few years ago (with usual UAF counter-protest) that had thousands turn up, but there was still enough police that it didn't affect 72,000 people attending the Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford that night - surely L&B have enough resources to cope with a few hundred protesting and 9,000 football fans at the same time (and in largely different parts of the city)?

Why have two major events to Police when you can move one event and focus on one! Makes perfect sense to me.

it doesn't to me, both the rugby and football have been on the same day in Edinburgh and after reading LH post above makes it even more annoying.

I also wouldn't exactly call a wee right wing protest a major event much like this Hibs game isn't a major event either

Sir David Gray
09-09-2011, 07:45 PM
are the train stations open? the shops? the pubs? Museums? Why no the football?

They're all a bit different to a football match, though, where you've got thousands of people gathering who support opposing football clubs and there is always the potential for a disturbance before, during and after a football match, which the police have to deal with.

The only one there that you've mentioned which may get closed during a protest like the SDL one tomorrow are the pubs in the local area, if the police believe that the consumption of alcohol could have an adverse effect on those going to protest.

Martin
11-09-2011, 06:59 AM
It's on Hibs TV - not sure about them "real" tv setups though :greengrin

Yes the game is Live on Hibernian TV with 'He's here, He's there, He's every ####### where' Mickey Weir and myself on Commentary.

Audio Coverage live on Hibernian TV Subscribers
Video Coverage live on HIbernian TV Live for overseas Subscribers who purchase the game
Highlights package for Hibernian TV Subscribers

GGTTH
:hibees