PDA

View Full Version : NHC Man City Email

DaveF
05-09-2011, 09:10 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14797327.stm

I wonder who the fall guy will be for this one?

End of that article seems to inidcate a City minion will carry the can rather than Cook himself.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Absolutely despicable, if true.

Sergey
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh the irony....a Nigerian in an email scam!

Future17
05-09-2011, 10:00 PM

I've read the alleged e-mail exchange a few times now and can't actually work out what's supposed to have happened.

It seems that:

Dr O sends Marwood and Cook an e-mail saying something like "I'm being ravaged by cancer etc...."

Cook intends to e-mail Marwood (but mistakenly e-mails Dr O) mocking her use of the word "ravaged".

Have I got this right?

DaveF
05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
I've read the alleged e-mail exchange a few times now and can't actually work out what's supposed to have happened.

It seems that:

Dr O sends Marwood and Cook an e-mail saying something like "I'm being ravaged by cancer etc...."

Cook intends to e-mail Marwood (but mistakenly e-mails Dr O) mocking her use of the word "ravaged".

Have I got this right?

More or less, yes.

Onohua's mother also acts as his advisor \ agent and emailed Marwood to say that she was still dealing with her son's future despite being 'ravaged by cancer'.

Cook copied in on it and he (apparently) replies back Onohua's mother with the sarcasm rather than the intended recipient which would have been Marwood.

Seemingly Cook is claiming to have been in South Africa at the time and that his account was hacked. Sounds like a pish poor excuse to me :greengrin

Future17
05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
More or less, yes.

Onohua's mother also acts as his advisor \ agent and emailed Marwood to say that she was still dealing with her son's future despite being 'ravaged by cancer'.

Cook copied in on it and he (apparently) replies back Onohua's mother with the sarcasm rather than the intended recipient which would have been Marwood.

Seemingly Cook is claiming to have been in South Africa at the time and that his account was hacked. Sounds like a pish poor excuse to me :greengrin

That's some excuse! So Man City's Chief Executive can't access his e-mails when he's out of the country? Who is he trying to kid! :greengrin

That's said, I don't really see what the big deal is here. If she is his agent, as well as his mother, she is effectively negotiating with the club to try and get as much money out of them as possible. With that in mind, it sounds as though she is trying to engender sympathy for herself (and her son) by using hyperbole like "ravaged".

It's language that's completely out of place in a business communication and I can't see any other reason for her having chosen to use it.

Hardly a national sports story....

easty
05-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Wow..Garry Cook isn't the nice man we all thought he was.:rolleyes:

This is barely a story at all.

As for this....

"When I opened my emails and saw the message, it was the worst day of my life, even worse than being diagnosed with cancer.

Behave yourself Dr O. Reign in the drama.

Future17
05-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Wow..Garry Cook isn't the nice man we all thought he was.:rolleyes:

This is barely a story at all.

As for this....

I missed the bit you quoted when I read the article. Unbelievable.

To be fair, it's demonstration of what a slow sports news day Monday's are - as is this story being replaced in the headlines by "England will try to mark Gareth Bale against Wales", which I'm sure comes as a massive shock to anyone who has ever watched a football match.

Sylar
06-09-2011, 12:27 AM
As for this....

Couldn't agree more - I actually found that comment to be as bad as the email in question.

hibbymac
06-09-2011, 04:44 AM

:agree: It's a pity some didn't engage their brains before typing on here, or at least read the articles properly.

Future17
06-09-2011, 07:47 AM
:agree: It's a pity some didn't engage their brains before typing on here, or at least read the articles properly.

Care to elaborate on what is so despicable? :confused:

McHibby
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
I've just read this story here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/05/manchester-city-garry-cook - where it says, "The email was sent 11 months ago from an iPad but it is only now that Dr Onuoha has been persuaded to publicise it". Obviously the woman has had a lot on her mind, but why wait 'til now? Seems a bit weird. If someone who I had professional dealings with accidentally sent me an email taking the p!ss like that I'd either have dealt with it straight away or decided not to do anything. That said, it still doesn't excuse whoever did send it.

lyonhibs
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM

:agree: :agree:

That is one tasteless e-mail sent by (or not) this Cook fellow. But what is equally as tasteless is a) this quote saying opening an e-mail was worse than getting diagnosed with cancer and b) running squealing to The Sun about it.

As previously mentioned, her - most unfortunately - having cancer is hardly relevant in her role as her son's agent. Why mention it, if not to subversively emotionally blackmail City in contract negotiations with her son??

McHibby
06-09-2011, 08:24 AM
:agree: :agree:

That is one tasteless e-mail sent by (or not) this Cook fellow. But what is equally as tasteless is a) this quote saying opening an e-mail was worse than getting diagnosed with cancer and b) running squealing to The Sun about it.

As previously mentioned, her - most unfortunately - having cancer is hardly relevant in her role as her son's agent. Why mention it, if not to subversively emotionally blackmail City in contract negotiations with her son??

As cynical as it sounds, I've now been wondering if that's why she's chosen to publicise this now. Are the negotiations still ongoing? I didn't realise she'd gone to The Sun, I thought this had been an official complaint which the press had got wind of. Not, I suppose, that it really makes difference why she's done it, as she still got the e-mail in the first place. Still, it makes you wonder...

Makaveli
06-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Worse than the diagnosis? His behaviour was stupid, hers is shameless.

hibbymac
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM

No.

Future17
06-09-2011, 01:54 PM
No.

Thought not. :rolleyes:

TheEastTerrace
06-09-2011, 03:01 PM
As cynical as it sounds, I've now been wondering if that's why she's chosen to publicise this now. Are the negotiations still ongoing? I didn't realise she'd gone to The Sun, I thought this had been an official complaint which the press had got wind of. Not, I suppose, that it really makes difference why she's done it, as she still got the e-mail in the first place. Still, it makes you wonder...

Kia Joorabchian has also taken over as her son's rep - safe to say Joorabchian and Cook don't get on. The plot thickens.....

Future17
06-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Kia Joorabchian has also taken over as her son's rep - safe to say Joorabchian and Cook don't get on. The plot thickens.....

KJ is denying that he represents NO apparently.