PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood Posted Missing - Because He Was Looking At Players

Chuck Rhoades
05-09-2011, 11:57 AM
According to Ian Murray. Speaking to him at his 'after party' in Shanghai. Asked him where the gaffer was and he responded by saying he was watching a couple of players. No further details given. Posted on a seperate thread, as some posters sound like their about to top themselves with the negativity they are spouting.

truehibernian
05-09-2011, 12:01 PM
According to Ian Murray. Speaking to him at his 'after party' in Shanghai. Asked him where the gaffer was and he responded by saying he was watching a couple of players. No further details given. Posted on a seperate thread, as some posters sound like their about to top themselves with the negativity they are spouting.

If he'd been at Easter Road there was a cracking wee black guy running the show and a guy with the sweetest left foot I have seen in Scottish football. I think they are free agents but come with a history :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
05-09-2011, 12:03 PM
If he'd been at Easter Road there was a cracking wee black guy running the show and a guy with the sweetest left foot I have seen in Scottish football. I think they are free agents but come with a history :greengrin

Russell seemed genuinely gutted last night about our most recent results. He feels we need 2/3 seasons to develop the youth, but also thinks the game has completely changed in such a short space of time.

hibsbollah
05-09-2011, 12:09 PM
I cant imagine Ian saying anything else. Because of the international games on Saturday, the only matches taking place on Sunday were 4 Challenge Cup games and 1 Blue Square Premiership game (Ayr, East Fife, Berwick, Hamilton and emmm, Hayes & Yeading. If Calderwood was watching a player that precluded him from being at the testimonial it must have been at one of these five games. Unless it was a closed door game for his benefit of course?

Edit-apologies, just read the other thread, apparently he was overseas looking at players for the january transfer window. Still odd if you ask me.

kentao
05-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Was reported in todays EEN that hes watching some under 21 games for talent for the future.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-boss-Calderwood-seeks-signing.6831018.jp

Seveno
05-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I cant imagine Ian saying anything else. Because of the international games on Saturday, the only matches taking place on Sunday were 4 Challenge Cup games and 1 Blue Square Premiership game (Ayr, East Fife, Berwick, Hamilton and emmm, Hayes & Yeading. If Calderwood was watching a player that precluded him from being at the testimonial it must have been at one of these five games. Unless it was a closed door game for his benefit of course?

Edit-apologies, just read the other thread, apparently he was overseas looking at players for the january transfer window. Still odd if you ask me.

Away looking for potential future signings to move the club forward. Why would that be odd ?

offshorehibby
05-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I can just see the other headline - CC misses opportunity to watch Europe's best U21 talent to take in meaningless testimonial

sunshine1875
05-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Was reported in todays EEN that hes watching some under 21 games for talent for the future.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-boss-Calderwood-seeks-signing.6831018.jp

With a view to sign them for Hibs or for his next team!:devil:

Saorsa
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm nae Calderwood fan but I really dinnae see what the fuss was about him no being at the testimonial whether he was looking at players or taking advantage of a free weekend tae spend a bit of time with his family or both.

hibsbollah
05-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Away looking for potential future signings to move the club forward. Why would that be odd ?

Plenty of other opportunities to see alleged players when your captains testimonial isnt being played? Doubtful value in seeing them in relatively uncompetitive U21 environment? Doubtful value in watching a player 4 minths before the transfer window even OPENS? (4 months a long time in football cliche?).

If hes still here in January and pulls off a Sauzee-esque signing which he then credits to this alleged scouting mission, i'll be delighted but excuse me if im a bit sceptical.

RIP
05-09-2011, 01:14 PM
I can just see the other headline - CC misses opportunity to watch Europe's best U21 talent to take in meaningless testimonial

:top marks

Superb!! :faf:

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 03:12 PM
If there was under internation / 21 fixtures on saturday is it not possibe that he was overseas!! On that basis it may simply have been a case that there was flight time issues that prohibited him from being there?

Dont get why some are having a go at him for not being there considering there is many a thread with people going into detail as to why they were not there, yet he is being criticised for it.

Perhaps it would have been nicer if he was there, but it would also have been nicer if more of our "supporters" were there as well. Especially as appartently we care so much more about this club, its history and were we want it to be!

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 03:16 PM
If there was under internation / 21 fixtures on saturday is it not possibe that he was overseas!! On that basis it may simply have been a case that there was flight time issues that prohibited him from being there?

Dont get why some are having a go at him for not being there considering there is many a thread with people going into detail as to why they were not there, yet he is being criticised for it.

Perhaps it would have been nicer if he was there, but it would also have been nicer if more of our "supporters" were there as well. Especially as appartently we care so much more about this club, its history and were we want it to be!

What about those who dont care much about testimonials for those who have deserted the club without the club receiving any transfer fee?

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 03:27 PM
What about those who dont care much about testimonials for those who have deserted the club without the club receiving any transfer fee?

What like the fans that have deserted the club since results are not going our way.

Springbank
05-09-2011, 03:29 PM
What about those who dont care much about testimonials for those who have deserted the club without the club receiving any transfer fee? and returned to captain their boyhood idols, shown the effort that others don't (on AND off the pitch) and generally woundup the yams. Stop living in the past.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 03:29 PM
What like the fans that have deserted the club since results are not going our way.

Its their choice, their money. They wont expect a testimonial should they decide to return at some point?

Future17
05-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Plenty of other opportunities to see alleged players when your captains testimonial isnt being played? Doubtful value in seeing them in relatively uncompetitive U21 environment? Doubtful value in watching a player 4 minths before the transfer window even OPENS? (4 months a long time in football cliche?).

If hes still here in January and pulls off a Sauzee-esque signing which he then credits to this alleged scouting mission, i'll be delighted but excuse me if im a bit sceptical.

Why are U21 matches uncompetitive?

Would you prefer him to watch new signings over a 2 week period only, or a longer period so he can take form into account?

and returned to captain their boyhood idols, shown the effort that others don't (on AND off the pitch) and generally woundup the yams. Stop living in the past.

If we are not to live in the past, why did we grant a testimonial for "10 years service"? :greengrin

Andy74
05-09-2011, 03:39 PM
and returned to captain their boyhood idols, shown the effort that others don't (on AND off the pitch) and generally woundup the yams. Stop living in the past.

Stop living in the past?

A strange thing to say when talking about testimonials, and this one in particular.

If we are not to take the past into account then everyone in the squad are just current Hibs players. Murray would also be one of the least effective ones.

I actually disagreed with it but went along in the end just for something football related to do. For £22 for me and my four year old it wasn't exactly value for money although it was quite amusing in the end seeing a current Hibs team largely trying their best and running around after guys well past their best in the main and being played off the park.

It was a stark reminder of the lack of football ability at the club right now and whilst Collins and Latapy were doing all sorts of things with the ball we had the usual plan at all times of giving it to O'Connor and sometimes Sproule.

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Its their choice, their money. They wont expect a testimonial should they decide to return at some point?

Was not aware of "fans" getting testimonials. Is this something you are looking to promote?

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Was not aware of "fans" getting testimonials. Is this something you are looking to promote?

:faf:

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Stop living in the past?

A strange thing to say when talking about testimonials, and this one in particular.

If we are not to take the past into account then everyone in the squad are just current Hibs players. Murray would also be one of the least effective ones.

I actually disagreed with it but went along in the end just for something football related to do. For £22 for me and my four year old it wasn't exactly value for money although it was quite amusing in the end seeing a current Hibs team largely trying their best and running around after guys well past their best in the main and being played off the park.

It was a stark reminder of the lack of football ability at the club right now and whilst Collins and Latapy were doing all sorts of things with the ball we had the usual plan at all times of giving it to O'Connor and sometimes Sproule.

For your £22 you could have at least got a seat facing the pitch....you obviously were not watching. The game was played in the spirit of the event, the team could have run them into the ground, but instead opted to make it more entertaining. It was only when the hibs youngsters came on with 5 mins to go did they try that one.

Well done managing to get a dig in at the current team based on what was a bit of a laugh / fun day.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 03:48 PM

With his pockets stuffed with fivers, money Hibs missed out on when he decided to leave on a bosman, ensuring he took the wedge rather than the club.

I have also wound up the yams, what do i win?:confused:

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 03:52 PM
With his pockets stuffed with fivers, money Hibs missed out on when he decided to leave on a bosman, ensuring he took the wedge rather than the club.

I have also wound up the yams, what do i win?:confused:

Testimonials and prizes for fans....you are becoming very charitable....and always after something for nothing. Think you need to do more at distingushing between a fan and a player.

Murray left the club, big deal, many have and many will, get over it.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Testimonials and prizes for fans....you are becoming very charitable....and always after something for nothing. Think you need to do more at distingushing between a fan and a player.

Murray left the club, big deal, many have and many will, get over it.

Just what do i want for nothing? Oh aye get over yourself

hibsbollah
05-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Why are U21 matches uncompetitive?

Would you prefer him to watch new signings over a 2 week period only, or a longer period so he can take form into account?

If we are not to live in the past, why did we grant a testimonial for "10 years service"? :greengrin

Who mentioned a two-week period only? Since we are playing the 'absurd logical fallacy' game, say you wanted a new car. Would you go to a lot of time, expense and effort to travel to view a car that you knew wouldnt be for sale for another 4 months, if at all?

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Just what do i want for nothing? Oh aye get over yourself

Read the post, stop looking to be spoon fed. Off and play with the penny falls.

Cropley10
05-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Would be delighted if we could afford to bring any of Europe's best U21 talent to Easter Road.

Where were England or Wales U21 playing this weekend? :devil:

Andy74
05-09-2011, 04:01 PM
For your £22 you could have at least got a seat facing the pitch....you obviously were not watching. The game was played in the spirit of the event, the team could have run them into the ground, but instead opted to make it more entertaining. It was only when the hibs youngsters came on with 5 mins to go did they try that one.

Well done managing to get a dig in at the current team based on what was a bit of a laugh / fun day.

Oh dear. Yes, it was a bit of a laugh, but still pretty clear that we had no-one to match the likes of Collins and Latapy even 5 or 10 years after they had been in their prime.

Fitness and pace wise I think we probably could have stepped up a gear at times. Only at times though, it was still obvious we didn't have much idea what to do with the ball and we had no answer to Collins and Latapy slicing through us.

So yes, Mr Uberfan I did have a wee laugh at how bad we've become. I don't think we'll be seeing many of the current lot coming back to rip the piss out of anyone in a few years time.

Speedway
05-09-2011, 04:05 PM

No but they will want discounts, top ups, incentives, communications, signings, competitions give aways and results to prevent them from walking away again.

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Oh dear. Yes, it was a bit of a laugh, but still pretty clear that we had no-one to match the likes of Collins and Latapy even 5 or 10 years after they had been in their prime.

Fitness and pace wise I think we probably could have stepped up a gear at times. Only at times though, it was still obvious we didn't have much idea what to do with the ball and we had no answer to Collins and Latapy slicing through us.

So yes, Mr Uberfan I did have a wee laugh at how bad we've become. I don't think we'll be seeing many of the current lot coming back to rip the piss out of anyone in a few years time.

"no-one to match the likes"?:faf:

In comparison to you, perhaps I am an "uberfan"...or just a fan.

ancient hibee
05-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Who mentioned a two-week period only? Since we are playing the 'absurd logical fallacy' game, say you wanted a new car. Would you go to a lot of time, expense and effort to travel to view a car that you knew wouldnt be for sale for another 4 months, if at all?

Yes so I would have done my homework to enable me to get it the minute it came on the market.

HNA12
05-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Can we debate this without the sniping at each other? It is mildly amusing for the rest of us watching grown men throw insults at each other but is there really any need?
Cheers.:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 04:11 PM
No but they will want discounts, top ups, incentives, communications, signings, competitions give aways and results to prevent them from walking away again.

Will they, who are these folk? Most folk will turn up if the footballs enjoyable, and we have a decent team to watch, we dont go to see a team that wins things.

I have a season ticket, i dont expect any of the above but i wont be there on sunday, and i was not there at the testimonial, i think the attendance said what people thought regarding handing out testimonials to someone who imo did not deserve one.

It seems i was not alone thinking this?

Speedway
05-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Will they, who are these folk? Most folk will turn up if the footballs enjoyable, and we have a decent team to watch, we dont go to see a team that wins things.

I have a season ticket, i dont expect any of the above but i wont be there on sunday, and i was not there at the testimonial, i think the attendance said what people thought regarding handing out testimonials to someone who imo did not deserve one.

It seems i was not alone thinking this?

I wonder what we missed in the posts below the last one and above this?

HNA12
05-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I wonder what we missed in the posts below the last one and above this?

When' hibs.net - The Movie' is released the missing posts will be available in the Directors Cut. :greengrin

Beefster
05-09-2011, 04:42 PM

Tsk, bloody consumers always wanting something in return for their custom. I hear Tesco has the same problem.

jdships
05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Can we debate this without the sniping at each other? It is mildly amusing for the rest of us watching grown men throw insults at each other but is there really any need?
Cheers.:thumbsup:

Agree but wait a minute !!!!!!!
Remember where you are !!!!!!!!! :greengrin
This is "Hibs Net " home of cultural discussion :wink:

Great fun all the same .

:flag:

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Tsk, bloody consumers always wanting something in return for their custom. I hear Tesco has the same problem.

:agree: Maybe we are just supposed to bend over and take it like a man?

ancient hibee
05-09-2011, 04:58 PM
:agree: Maybe we are just supposed to bend over and take it like a man?

Wishful thinking??

greenlex
05-09-2011, 05:42 PM
:agree: Maybe we are just supposed to bend over and take it like a man? Id be interested to know why feel like you are being bent over and taking it. This thread is about the manager missing a testimonial you dont agree with to look at players for Hibs to strengthen their squad. What have I got wrong?

Future17
05-09-2011, 10:13 PM

It's a well known fact that clubs plan at least one window in advance, if not two or three. If it were up to you, how long a period would we scout a player over?

To continue the game, if I was considering buying a racing car and I knew that the races which would allow me to watch the sorts of cars I was in the market for being raced against each other, were occurring on a very limited number of occasions between now and when I would be buying, I would take every opportunity to watch such a race.

This would allow me to build up a shortlist of cars I would be interested in buying if and when they became available and I was in a position to buy.

greenlex
05-09-2011, 10:44 PM
If I was buying a pie I would go round every Butchers tasting their pies till I got the right one. FACT.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2011, 10:46 PM
If I was buying a pie I would go round every Butchers tasting their pies till I got the right one. FACT.

:singing: Who ate all the pies? Who ate all the pies...?

:greengrin

Future17
05-09-2011, 11:36 PM

Now there's a job worth applying for! :greengrin

Iain G
06-09-2011, 02:41 AM

If I was offered two pies, I'd like to take my time and have a good old look at each pie before I made my decision, especially when I already had a pie that was all mine, but these pies on offer I'd only get a wee slice of as they really belong to someone else who I'd have to get permission with to take my slice, however if I stay with my current pie which is all mine, I can eat it at my heart's content and know that the contents, which in this case we know to be mince, are at least all mine... :agree:

Banff
06-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Totally agree with blackpoolhibs and also can I just point out that the transfer window has just shut and he has had PLENTY time to look at players and sign them with all the money that the board is backing him with! Did no one buy a season ticket? Because I could have sworn it was promised that every penny spent on season tickets would go directly into the team.

Beefster
06-09-2011, 06:09 AM
If I was offered two pies, I'd like to take my time and have a good old look at each pie before I made my decision, especially when I already had a pie that was all mine, but these pies on offer I'd only get a wee slice of as they really belong to someone else who I'd have to get permission with to take my slice, however if I stay with my current pie which is all mine, I can eat it at my heart's content and know that the contents, which in this case we know to be mince, are at least all mine... :agree:

You've over-analysed that by a long stretch. If I was offered two pies, I'd just scoff the ****ers. Then I'd have my cake and eat it.

StevieC
06-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Totally agree with blackpoolhibs and also can I just point out that the transfer window has just shut and he has had PLENTY time to look at players and sign them with all the money that the board is backing him with! Did no one buy a season ticket? Because I could have sworn it was promised that every penny spent on season tickets would go directly into the team.

There are still lots of free agents out there looking for clubs.
I can't believe that in the same paragraph you slate him not signing players you also slate him for continuing to look for new players.
Seems to me that some supporters are just looking for ways to slate the manager regardless of whether or not it's warranted.

The Falcon
06-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Is this not the case?

aberhibsfc
06-09-2011, 07:48 AM

But would you have any Source?