PDA

View Full Version : No Calderwood?

Hibee1
04-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Was sitting behind the home dugout today and as far as I'm aware Colin Calderwood did not make a single appearence today. It shocked me to see he wasn't there to guide his team and support his players (Ian Murray especially!).
Anyone hear anything as to why he was a no-show?

Franck Stanton
04-09-2011, 03:56 PM
probably down South visiting his family.

Kojock
04-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Was sitting behind the home dugout today and as far as I'm aware Colin Calderwood did not make a single appearence today. It shocked me to see he wasn't there to guide his team and support his players (Ian Murray especially!).

Why - I would imagine Hibs gave him the weekend off to spend time with his family - but hey if people want to think something more sinister so be it. :rolleyes:

Keith_M
04-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Apparently it's because IM avoided him on leaving the park at the St Mirren game. CC has taken the huff and went to the Sweet shop instead.

Westie1875
04-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Why - I would imagine Hibs gave him the weekend off to spend time with his family - but hey if people want to think something more sinister so be it. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but for me the current manager should be there to support his currrent captain in his testimonial match, unless there was some sort of emergency I can't understand why he wasn't there.

PeterboroHibee
04-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Bit weird if he wasnt there. I know its not an official match or that but youd think he would want to attend the testimonial of one of his players. Who was managing the Hibs team?

matty_f
04-09-2011, 04:04 PM
What is this fascination with reading sonething sinister into everything these days? I heard cc was on holiday. Not as exciting as him havong the huff with Nid, or about to get his jotters, or whatever, but more likely to be the actual explanation for his absence.

Hibby D
04-09-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm glad he wasn't there; a situation I could happily get used to :wink:

shamo9
04-09-2011, 04:13 PM
I thought he was:confused:

Didn't he pat Viera and Pires on the back when they came off? There was certainly someone who looked like him sitting on the left hand side of the dug out in relation to the East Stand.

The backside of the match programme also had him as manager of the current Hibs side that played today.

Kojock
04-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Sorry, but for me the current manager should be there to support his currrent captain in his testimonial match, unless there was some sort of emergency I can't understand why he wasn't there.

Sorry, but for me the current manager should be there to support his family rather than attend a non competative match. Im sure IM could get dressed and tie his boots up without assistance from CC. I can understand why he wasnt there.

wearethehibs
04-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I thought I saw him there.

magpie1892
04-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Don't shoot the messenger but I was speaking to a journalist yesterday who spends the majority of his working life dealing with Edinburgh football and he's fairly certain (noises from the club and various other sources) that Calderwood is finished at ER.

DaveF
04-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Don't shoot the messenger but I was speaking to a journalist yesterday who spends the majority of his working life dealing with Edinburgh football and he's fairly certain (noises from the club and various other sources) that Calderwood is finished at ER.

Here's hoping!

Your source didn't give a date did he :greengrin

SanFranHibs
04-09-2011, 05:20 PM
And a fiver for his kids?

:rolleyes:

SanFranHibs
04-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Here's hoping!

He couldn't backdate it, could he?

Deek01
04-09-2011, 05:22 PM
CC is at his house down south, got a couple of guests staying and i'm told cooked them a very nice curry for dinner last night. Oddly enough a true story ! :agree:

persevere1875
04-09-2011, 05:23 PM

Oh God here we go again, another is he isnt he Calderwood thread :brickwall

magpie1892
04-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Here's hoping!

He didn't, but gave a loose indication of 'about a fortnight' for CC's 'mutual consent'.

This guy knows his stuff but this wasn't a '100%, nailed-on, going to happen' assertion. Sadly.

chrisski33
04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Don't shoot the messenger but I was speaking to a journalist yesterday who spends the majority of his working life dealing with Edinburgh football and he's fairly certain (noises from the club and various other sources) that Calderwood is finished at ER. Whats his name then? Pretty certain cc finished at Er? I reckon its pish and ur on the wind up.

Lofarl
04-09-2011, 05:31 PM

Reveal your source or you shall be shot!!

magpie1892
04-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Reveal your source or you shall be shot!!

I really, really can't. If I was able to, I'd have started a thread as it's obviously a huge story, even to non-Hibbies.

Hence why I snuck it in here.

Apols.

magpie1892
04-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Whats his name then? Pretty certain cc finished at Er? I reckon its pish and ur on the wind up.

Right enough, I've got a reputation for coming on here with 'pish' stories to 'wind up' readers.

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Whats his name then? Pretty certain cc finished at Er? I reckon its pish and ur on the wind up.

"fairly certain" is a long way from being sure and leaves lots of scope for if CC is still at ER next week, or next month. Things arent great on the pitch so it's hardly a major revelation. IMO he will still be here till at least December unless he's thrown in the towel. (Not Richie)

JCHibby
04-09-2011, 05:42 PM

From what I have heard would not be surprised by this - CC apparantley spends very little time during the week with Hibs and the relationship with Rod is not good at all, alot of bad feeling and horrendous management down ER at the moment and no shock that is carried onto the pitch by the team.

MountcastleHibs
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Don't shoot the messenger but I was speaking to a journalist yesterday who spends the majority of his working life dealing with Edinburgh football and he's fairly certain (noises from the club and various other sources) that Calderwood is finished at ER.If its worth anything, I have a friend who works at East Mains, quite closely with the first team, who tells me a bad result against Aberdeen will be the end of CC. Tin hat firmly on.

magpie1892
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
"fairly certain" is a long way from being sure and leaves lots of scope for if CC is still at ER next week, or next month. Things arent great on the pitch so it's hardly a major revelation. IMO he will still be here till at least December unless he's thrown in the towel. (Not Richie)

Absolutely agree, I was just passing on gossip. If the journalist concerned had enough for a story, he'd go into print with it, obviously.

I'm making no claim as to the veracity of the story, except that this guy knows the ER beat very well and usually gets it right.

He'll [CC] be gone before the end of the month though, in my opinion based on yesterday's chat at Hampden.

magpie1892
04-09-2011, 05:45 PM
If its worth anything, I have a friend who works at East Mains, quite closely with the first team, who tells me a bad result against Aberdeen will be the end of CC. Tin hat firmly on.

Aye, Aberdeen was mentioned yesterday.

The journo I spoke to said CC will be away by the middle/end of this month.

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 05:48 PM

If he does go he will have to walk as I cant see it being a pay off after all we have done in the summer and the amount of players he has signed. Doesn't strike me as a quitter though.

Kojock
04-09-2011, 05:48 PM

So we had a chance to get rid of CC and get some money for him, now when we eventually sack him we will have to give him compo. RP you are a legend - NOT

Arch Stanton
04-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Wow, that really seals it then - it surely can't be any coincidence that our very next game is against self-same Aberdeen!!

jdships
04-09-2011, 06:30 PM
What is this fascination with reading sonething sinister into everything these days? I heard cc was on holiday. Not as exciting as him havong the huff with Nid, or about to get his jotters, or whatever, but more likely to be the actual explanation for his absence.

Absolutely :top marks
I understand from my young lads that given there was no game this weekend Hibs gave him a "long weekend" to be with his family .
Can't see anything wrong with that :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2011, 06:32 PM
The OP is normally quite good with his info, if my memory serves me right, you are a journalist for a newspaper??????

I certainly hope this is correct magpie, imo he's never committed to us in any way shape or form since the day he signed.

magpie1892
Wow, that really seals it then - it surely can't be any coincidence that our very next game is against self-same Aberdeen!!

Ha ha ha! Good one, clever.

silverhibee

Something is up thats for sure.

magpie1892
04-09-2011, 06:39 PM
The OP is normally quite good with his info, if my memory serves me right, you are a journalist for a newspaper??????

I certainly hope this is correct magpie, imo he's never committed to us in any way shape or form since the day he signed.

I am.

As I've pointed out, several times (hasn't stopped the snide comments, but hey) it's a rumour. But one with a little more meat on it than most.

On a personal level, I hope it's true as well as it's clear the whole CC exercise is going nowhere, and he doesn't want to be at the club.

Billy Whizz
04-09-2011, 06:51 PM
And after today's performance we can have John Collins back as Player Manager!!!

Beefster
04-09-2011, 07:13 PM
If Calderwood's job is really suddenly under threat, it must be coming up to AGM time again.

matty_f
04-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Something is up thats for sure.

No, it's not.

Ants
04-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Hopefully, its a sign of the future.... Nae Calderwood.

GodisaHibee
I found Myself not giving the smallest mouse sized sh*t that he was or wasn't there. I found Myself enjoying watching players and ex managers that obviously DO give a sh*t about Hibs, for better or for worse.

MrSmith
No, it's not.

Oh yes it is!

Sorry couldn't resist! :greengrin However, if there is or not I'll believe it when it happens!

matty_f
04-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh yes it is!

Sorry couldn't resist! :greengrin However, if there is or not I'll believe it when it happens!

:greengrin

Yep, I'll believe it when it happens to. I lost count of the number of times CC was 'definitely away' during the summer. Journalists will be amongst the last to know exactly what's going on with CC,IMHO.

Speedway
04-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Maybe Colin Calderwood cares about Hibs or maybe he hopes all the fans would die in a motorway pile up.

Maybe he'll be sacked or maybe he'll keep his job. Maybe that'll mean another transitional year or maybe we'll build momentum.

Maybe everything he does or doesn't do is a part of a sinister plot to try and lose his job intentionally or the other possibility is that it is not.

Maybe he is tactically clueless, or maybe he holds a UEFA pro license where both theoretically and practically, he's had to demonstrate an exceptionally high level of understanding on tactics in the game of association football.

It's all a mystery to me.

MrSmith
04-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Maybe Colin Calderwood cares about Hibs or maybe he hopes all the fans would die in a motorway pile up.

Maybe he'll be sacked or maybe he'll keep his job. Maybe that'll mean another transitional year or maybe we'll build momentum.

Maybe everything he does or doesn't do is a part of a sinister plot to try and lose his job intentionally or the other possibility is that it is not.

Maybe he is tactically clueless, or maybe he holds a UEFA pro license where both theoretically and practically, he's had to demonstrate an exceptionally high level of understanding on tactics in the game of association football.

And, then again, maybe you're right! :agree:

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 07:29 PM

Yep, I'll believe it when it happens to. I lost count of the number of times CC was 'definitely away' during the summer. Journalists will be amongst the last to know exactly what's going on with CC,IMHO.

Lets face it, the law of averages suggests these rumours are going to be right eventually. I will state now the next one is unlikely to last two seasons, one way or the other.

R'Albin
04-09-2011, 07:30 PM
I am.

As I've pointed out, several times (hasn't stopped the snide comments, but hey) it's a rumour. But one with a little more meat on it than most.

On a personal level, I hope it's true as well as it's clear the whole CC exercise is going nowhere, and he doesn't want to be at the club.

Thanks for sharing, ignore the guy saying it's pish:rolleyes:

MrSmith
04-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Lets face it, the law of averages suggests these rumours are going to be right eventually. I will state now the next one is unlikely to last two seasons, one way or the other.

If it does go that way... I'd expect there to be real care in the selection process to get the right incumbent this time - not simply a 'cheap' option.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-09-2011, 07:32 PM

Well if it cant all be boiled down into a sound bite then I'm out - not interested.
More alliteration, cliches with a few biased stats thrown in please :thumbsup:

sunshine1875
04-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Admins - can we add this to the previous will he / won't he rumour / counter-rumour thread?

sunshine1875
04-09-2011, 07:39 PM
If it does go that way... I'd expect there to be real care in the selection process to get the right incumbent this time - not simply a 'cheap' option.

Easy - Rod will note that we will have all these training tops with "Calderwood" on them. Now, who else do we know that has "Calderwood" as a surname.:hmmm:

smurf
04-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Well i have little confidence in CC but hope he's NOT away...

We need stability. And we need to see how his team are going to do...

A win on Sunday would be a nice start.

Oh and CC should have been at the game today.

sesoim
04-09-2011, 07:51 PM
If its worth anything, I have a friend who works at East Mains, quite closely with the first team, who tells me a bad result against Aberdeen will be the end of CC. Tin hat firmly on.

TBH, I don't think that would be news to anybody. If Aberdeen beat us (as I expect), his last remaining excuse (that the team need time to gel) wont even stand up. 3 points from 18 and defeat against a very poor Aberdeen (who unlike us could barely afford to sign anyone) has to be the final straw.

What WOULD shock me is if Petrie actually replaces him quickly, rather than wasting a month humming and hawing before appointing the wrong guy (like he usually does).

BEEJ
04-09-2011, 07:55 PM

:top marks Sums up my views perfectly.

Hoping rather than expecting that everything in this newly formed team will suddenly click into place and we'll have a decent run of results.

MrSmith
04-09-2011, 08:05 PM
:top marks Sums up my views perfectly.

Hoping rather than expecting that everything in this newly formed team will suddenly click into place and we'll have a decent run of results.

I think that view is shared by all Hibs fans but a lot of convincing to be done first!

AlbertK86
04-09-2011, 08:30 PM
If he goes or is saked ROD must go with him

Jim44
04-09-2011, 08:44 PM
If he goes or is saked ROD must go with him

I was reading through this thread, thinking, surely if Calderwood goes/gets the boot, Petrie must resign. Thank God somebody is thinking along the same lines as me. Petrie's long past his sell-by date.

RIP
04-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Here we go wi the Petrie garbage again.

Can anybody explain to me what role you think Rod is performing at the club these days?

Lindsay is managing everything on the football Side and Hyland is managing everything on the non-football side

Time for Petrie to retire at the AGM?

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Was CC the cheap option?

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 09:38 PM
I was reading through this thread, thinking, surely if Calderwood goes/gets the boot, Petrie must resign. Thank God somebody is thinking along the same lines as me. Petrie's long past his sell-by date.

Perhaps all these folk that were wanting to buy us in the past, we are often told on here there are plenty of them, can put up their money now, get rid of Petrie and sort all our problems. I can't wait.

Hibby D
04-09-2011, 09:43 PM

Ironically we actually are stable at the moment. Stable and stuck at the bottom of the table, and consistently crap. :aok:

Fantic
04-09-2011, 09:53 PM
From what I have heard would not be surprised by this - CC apparantley spends very little time during the week with Hibs and the relationship with Rod is not good at all, alot of bad feeling and horrendous management down ER at the moment and no shock that is carried onto the pitch by the team.

Pish

smurf
04-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Ironically we actually are stable at the moment. Stable and stuck at the bottom of the table, and consistently crap. :aok:

True. For me Aberdeen is a must win game.

jdships
04-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Perhaps all these folk that were wanting to buy us in the past, we are often told on here there are plenty of them, can put up their money now, get rid of Petrie and sort all our problems. I can't wait.

And they were ?:confused:

connerg
04-09-2011, 10:28 PM

He doesn't want to be at Hibs!!!!

connerg
04-09-2011, 10:45 PM

Any Hibs fan could have told you that after the Killie/St mirren game. Journalists live on gossip, sometimes they get it right, most of the time they get it wrong. It's in there interest and their selfish self importance to keep things " alive " Fannies the lot of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Trips
04-09-2011, 10:58 PM

Can anybody explain to me what role you think Rod is performing at the club these days?

Lindsay is managing everything on the football Side and Hyland is managing everything on the non-football side

I think all 3 maybe in the roles of:

Hear no football
See no football
Speak no football

Sir David Gray
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
I was in the East Stand today and couldn't really tell if he was there or not, to be honest I didn't pay much attention to the dugouts because I just assumed that he was there.

If he wasn't there today and he didn't have a family/other personal emergency to attend to then I don't think it's acceptable for the current manager of the club to not turn up to a testimonial match for one of the club's current players.

SteveHFC
04-09-2011, 11:23 PM

Hopefully he is away :agree:

Loopz
04-09-2011, 11:33 PM
I was in the East Stand today and couldn't really tell if he was there or not, to be honest I didn't pay much attention to the dugouts because I just assumed that he was there.

If he wasn't there today and he didn't have a family/other personal emergency to attend to then I don't think it's acceptable for the current manager of the club to not turn up to a testimonial match for one of the club's current players.

Agreed FH. Whatever reasons anyone else had for not going today, CC did not have them. He is an employee of an organisation that decided this was how they were going to honor their captain. As the manager of that team, he should have been there (If he was not). I was not because I had more important things to spend my hard earned money on.

Septimus
05-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Hopefully if he does plan to stay he was out with his family looking at houses in the Edinburgh area.

Borderhibbie76
05-09-2011, 09:10 AM
To be fair he may well not have been there as coincidentally it was Hibs' best performance of the season (not difficult I know).

All I can say, joking aside, is if CC's days are numbered, then I hope Mr Petrie follows him out the door as I for one do not trust/want him picking our next manager. He needs to go!!!

--------
05-09-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm glad he wasn't there; a situation I could happily get used to :wink:

As you say, D. As you say. :agree:

But as team manager, of he was in any sense committed to or caring about the club, he should have been there.

Beefster
05-09-2011, 10:47 AM

If he's got nothing to do, as you allege, why is he still receiving a salary?

poolman
05-09-2011, 11:15 AM
This might clear it up

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss-Calderwood-seeks-signing.6831018.jp

Hibby D
05-09-2011, 11:17 AM
This might clear it up

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss-Calderwood-seeks-signing.6831018.jp

spoilsport :take that

Speedway
05-09-2011, 11:17 AM
This might clear it up

Oh no!!!

No sinister subtle sub-text?

How are we going to pass the time now?

poolman
05-09-2011, 11:24 AM
spoilsport :take that

Ach, ah wis only tryin tae help :na na:

Deek01
He was at his house down south this weekend, fact ! :agree:

truehibernian
Oh no!!!

No sinister subtle sub-text?

How are we going to pass the time now?

Says everything to me though speedway about team spirit when your own team manager uses this weekend in particular to 'watch transfer targets'. Surely not too much to ask, or even expect, to have your own team boss there to wish him well and be there for him. I think it's shocking to be honest. And not wishing at all to look for sinister reasons either......I just think at a testimonial, your own boss should be there to wish you well (in any employment, not just football). If two ex managers can swallow their pride and turn out (Hughes and Collins) despite their 'grievances', I think CC has shown a distinct lack of respect to the player and occasion (if indeed true).

Kojock
05-09-2011, 11:25 AM
So while there may be nearly four full months before he can make any further signings – apart from free agents – Calderwood is already looking ahead not only to January's transfer window but next summer's.

The above is the bit that caught my eye, appears CC aint going nowhere soon.

Speedway
05-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Says everything to me though speedway about team spirit when your own team manager uses this weekend in particular to 'watch transfer targets'. Surely not too much to ask, or even expect, to have your own team boss there to wish him well and be there for him. I think it's shocking to be honest. And not wishing at all to look for sinister reasons either......I just think at a testimonial, your own boss should be there to wish you well (in any employment, not just football). If two ex managers can swallow their pride and turn out (Hughes and Collins) despite their 'grievances', I think CC has shown a distinct lack of respect to the player and occasion (if indeed true).

Disagree completely, TrueH.

If the manager makes a phone call to the player and says 'all the best, sorry I'm not there but I'm out trying to make this team a wee bit less pish in the future and I see you everyday anyway and I rate you enough to keep you as my captain and despite signing millions of midfielders, I still pick you to start' and then naffs off to spot who Hibs can afford in January/Summer is a lot more of a dedicated way to spend a free weekend than show up at a nothing game with nothing to see, which is clearly the same way the fans evaluated it.

Looking for crisis for the sake of it IMO.

matty_f
05-09-2011, 11:36 AM

If the manager makes a phone call to the player and says 'all the best, sorry I'm not there but I'm out trying to make this team a wee bit less pish in the future and I see you everyday anyway and I rate you enough to keep you as my captain and despite signing millions of midfielders, I still pick you to start' and then naffs off to spot who Hibs can afford in January/Summer is a lot more of a dedicated way to spend a free weekend than show up at a nothing game with nothing to see, which is clearly the same way the fans evaluated it.

:top marks:

smurf
05-09-2011, 11:37 AM
This might clear it up

Ok he's in a no win situation some will say...

More players? For where? He's signed enough.

This supporter just wants him to work with what he has signed in January and this summer.

Getting them fit would be a start.

Getting them playing as a unit perhaps too...

Oh and i don't believe he was overseas alone. Yes this cynical mind has gone into overdrive....

truehibernian
05-09-2011, 11:39 AM

Don't get me wrong speedway, fully agree that looking for players, preferably better ones that we have, is a must. And I am not really seeing it as a crisis..........I just think that for the actual event, it shows a togetherness, with your manager at the helm there to wish you well and get involved on the day. I suppose it's like my old man knowing it's my birthday every year, and then on the day saying that he is away to get his car serviced instead.......Nid's committee had arranged this match well in advance and I don't think it's too much to ask that your own boss makes an appearance even to shake his hand and wish him well.

Now if he was away watching and laying groundwork for another Latapy type, that's a different story............................:greengrin

bawheid
05-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Ok he's in a no win situation some will say...

More players? For where? He's signed enough.

You're right smurf, it seems he'll never win with some folks.

He's signed enough? That can't be right because loads on here are looking for another CH / RB / CM / GK. Any manager worth his salt should constantly be looking to sign players.

Oh and i don't believe he was overseas alone. Yes this cynical mind has gone into overdrive....

Christ, have you told his wife??

smurf
05-09-2011, 12:10 PM

He's signed enough? That can't be right because loads on here are looking for another CH / RB / CM / GK. Any manager worth his salt should constantly be looking to sign players.

That's up to him to get the balance right with the budget he's got.

Results will determine whether he has or not.

Thus far not looking good. And needs to improve. Fast.

silverhibee
05-09-2011, 12:17 PM
What under 21s games were being played yesterday that he could have been having a look at.

bawheid
05-09-2011, 12:40 PM
That's up to him to get the balance right with the budget he's got.

Results will determine whether he has or not.

Thus far not looking good. And needs to improve. Fast.

But your opinion is that he's signed enough players now, and should have been there to hold Ian's hand instead, yeah?

On the other point, about you not believing that he was overseas alone. Where do you think he was?

silverhibee
05-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Yeah you are right there Bawheid, thats what folk on here have been screaming out for, but you missed out one word, experience, fans are wanting these positions to be filled with experienced players and not more youth players.

bawheid
05-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah you are right there Bawheid, thats what folk on here have been screaming out for, but you missed out one word, experience, fans are wanting these positions to be filled with experienced players and not more youth players.

I'm all for signing experience, but only if the experienced players are any good. We've signed loads of experienced players over the years that have turned out to be utter mince.

Incidently, which experienced CHs or CMs would you sign silverhibee?

smurf
05-09-2011, 01:54 PM
But your opinion is that he's signed enough players now, and should have been there to hold Ian's hand instead, yeah?

On the other point, about you not believing that he was overseas alone. Where do you think he was?

It's not about holding Murray's hand.

It's about an unhealthy percentage of the support having severe doubts that he wants to be our manager. Yesterday was a day celebrating all that's good and positive about our club.

bawheid
05-09-2011, 02:00 PM
It's not about holding Murray's hand.

It's about an unhealthy percentage of the support having severe doubts that he wants to be our manager. Yesterday was a day celebrating all that's good and positive about our club.

Well, now that we've got that out of the way, let's just get back to running down the club as much as we possibly can. :agree:

You suggested earlier that you didn't believe Calderwood was on a scouting trip. What makes you think this, and where do you think he was?

smurf
05-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Well, now that we've got that out of the way, let's just get back to running down the club as much as we possibly can. :agree:

You suggested earlier that you didn't believe Calderwood was on a scouting trip. What makes you think this, and where do you think he was?

Oh here we go.... I'm running the club down...the usual pathetic retort...

I gave my opinion.

bawheid
05-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh here we go.... I'm running the club down...the usual pathetic retort...

I gave my opinion.

Where do you think Calderwood was, if you don't believe he was on a scouting trip?

smurf
05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Where do you think Calderwood was, if you don't believe he was on a scouting trip?

What does that matter?

You can't always justify and explain a gut feeling. I'm deeply sceptical that he was on a scouting mission. Last weekend was a long one for him with the Sunday game. Then there was the close of the window up until midweek.

Wouldn't be very popular with the Mrs down south i would suggest if he went off on a weekend scouting mission...

Sometimes things are the way they are stated. Sometimes they are not.

You believe the former. Fine. I believe the latter...

Opinions.:thumbsup:

smurf
05-09-2011, 02:49 PM
btw there were no under 21 fixtues on Sunday and only one on Saturday being Andorra v Armenia.

Duffys13
05-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Here's one, I reckon CC avoided Sunday cos of all the True Hibbies that were there and the ones he would have to speak to. Can you imagine how awkward it would be for him to have JC and Yogi making comments about the current team/signings and tactics!!! Then he would have to face guys like Keith Wright and Russell who would no doubt have some opinions too!!

Of course I am only joking, but I bet part of him would be glad to avoid some of the chat behind the scenes on a day like yesterday. A lot of personalities there!!!

--------
05-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Yup. LOOOOOOOONG past. :agree:

And you know what stables tend to be full of....

Beefster
05-09-2011, 04:04 PM
What does that matter?

You can't always justify and explain a gut feeling. I'm deeply sceptical that he was on a scouting mission. Last weekend was a long one for him with the Sunday game. Then there was the close of the window up until midweek.

Wouldn't be very popular with the Mrs down south i would suggest if he went off on a weekend scouting mission...

btw there were no under 21 fixtues on Sunday and only one on Saturday being Andorra v Armenia.

Calderwood may have decided that the limited time spent with his family is more valuable than Ian Murray and decided that not seeing them for a fortnight to attend a meaningless testimonial is out of the question. In the meantime, the amateur sleuths and supporters with agendas against Calderwood have another stick to beat him with.

Scandalous. Outrageous. Sack him now.

I can't believe that some folk would go to the lengths of checking what youth games were on this weekend, tbh. Presumably you saw the mass of U21 games that took place on Thursday and Friday though?

silverhibee
05-09-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm all for signing experience, but only if the experienced players are any good. We've signed loads of experienced players over the years that have turned out to be utter mince.

Incidently, which experienced CHs or CMs would you sign silverhibee?

And we have signed a lot of good experienced players over the years as well, the reason i would like to see a bit more experience in the team is that it could be a long hard season ahead for us and i dont think it is right to ask a bunch of young lads to get us up the table, if the bad results continue under CC then it will do the young players no good being hounded by the support and it will destroy what confidence they have if Hibs are getting beat all the time.

It would make no difference what CHs or CMs i would want to sign as i am not qualified to do that, that is CC job surely thats if he is hear for the next transfer window to sign these players. :aok:

Bayern Bru
05-09-2011, 06:14 PM

Danish league, Spanish div 2, Italy Serie B, Portuguese Div 2 all had games over the weekend. Just sayin' likes.

CabbageBoy
05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Danish league, Spanish div 2, Italy Serie B, Portuguese Div 2 all had games over the weekend. Just sayin' likes.

But he was supposed to be watching U-21s, that's the lie that the club came out with, when it worked out that there were more people worried about our manager not turning up than turned up for a testimonial.

Perhaps he was too busy having another off the record chat with Brian McGlaughlin of the BBC about how he cant wait to leave; trust us Colin, the feelings mutual. Maybe he could get the Scotland job.

CabbageBoy
05-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Calderwood may have decided that the limited time spent with his family is more valuable than Ian Murray and decided that not seeing them for a fortnight to attend a meaningless testimonial is out of the question. In the meantime, the amateur sleuths and supporters with agendas against Calderwood have another stick to beat him with.

I can't believe that some folk would go to the lengths of checking what youth games were on this weekend, tbh. Presumably you saw the mass of U21 games that took place on Thursday and Friday though?

It shows his commitment to the club; zero. THe press know it, because he has spoken to them about it. And the players know it. And the fans, mostly, know it too. The only thing is that he is making such a rubbish job of his current club, that no one else will want him, so we're stuck with him until his crap tactics, selections and results get him sacked.

Bayern Bru
05-09-2011, 06:32 PM
But he was supposed to be watching U-21s, that's the lie that the club came out with, when it worked out that there were more people worried about our manager not turning up than turned up for a testimonial.

Perhaps he was too busy having another off the record chat with Brian McGlaughlin of the BBC about how he cant wait to leave; trust us Colin, the feelings mutual. Maybe he could get the Scotland job.

And it's not possible that the club spun a story to try and distract from the fact that he was somewhere else? It's happened before.

Beefster
05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
It shows his commitment to the club; zero.

Missing a meaningless testimonial to either scout players or see his wife and kids shows his commitment to Hibs? Is this for real?

bingo70
05-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Missing a meaningless testimonial to either scout players or see his wife and kids shows his commitment to Hibs? Is this for real?

I think when hibs are playing he should be at the game or if he's away scouting players or opposition thats fine but i think there's a few of us sceptical about the story of him being away scouting players due to the fact there was no games on and that the transfer window has just closed.

IMO family is always going to come before football, and so it should, however unless there's an emergency going to see them when hibs are playing, whether its a friendly or not is irrelevant, IMO it is showing a lack of commitment, surely his days off should fall in line with the players days off and seeing as they were representing hibs so should he be.

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Maybe I have missed it, but I haven't seen this particular statement from the Club.

Beefster
05-09-2011, 06:59 PM
I think when hibs are playing he should be at the game or if he's away scouting players or opposition thats fine but i think there's a few of us sceptical about the story of him being away scouting players due to the fact there was no games on and that the transfer window has just closed.

IMO family is always going to come before football, and so it should, however unless there's an emergency going to see them when hibs are playing, whether its a friendly or not is irrelevant, IMO it is showing a lack of commitment, surely his days off should fall in line with the players days off and seeing as they were representing hibs so should he be.

It wasn't even as important as a friendly. It was a meaningless kickabout. It seems slightly contradictory to say family should come first but he should put any Hibs game, however meaningless, before them.

There was a mass of U21 games on Thursday and Friday. What if he went to a game on Friday and couldn't get back to late Saturday night? Why should he miss some family time on the Sunday for what was effectively a party for an employee?

As for his days off, that's a matter for the club.

truehibernian
05-09-2011, 07:01 PM

Meaningless perhaps in competitive football terms beefster, far from meaningless given it is a 'celebration' for your club captain and would show a real bond and togetherness as a team and squad IMHO. I am sure there were a few players with raised eyebrows that 'the gaffer' wasn't there. Totally support the need to scout and do homework on players, but his timing was not the best for doing so if I am being honest.

I certainly don't see it as any sort of crisis moment as some are saying, nor anything sinister. I just think it shows a level of disregard and disrespect for the occasion. That said, after his summer antics, it should not surprise any of us about CC sadly. I have been to many testimonials, not just for Hibs players, and have yet to be at one where the current manager hasn't been there. But again, it's maybe just the way CC works.

I hope the Hibs TV interviewer asks which country he was in in his next interview :wink: bet he won't

3pm
05-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Who cares? Barring a bizarre - but most definitely welcome - run of wins, Colin Calderwood is finished at ER. Where he was on Sunday won't make a blind bit of difference.

bingo70
05-09-2011, 07:12 PM
It wasn't even as important as a friendly. It was a meaningless kickabout. It seems slightly contradictory to say family should come first but he should put any Hibs game, however meaningless, before them.

There was a mass of U21 games on Thursday and Friday. What if he went to a game on Friday and couldn't get back to late Saturday night? Why should he miss some family time on the Sunday for what was effectively a party for an employee?

I think the nature of his job is such that his family know that there'll be sundays where he can't see them and when hibs are playing in a game that falls as one of those days.

Hypocritically i'll admit I think if we'd made a storming start to the season then we'd be a lot more forgiving about his whereabouts, however, we've been absolutely brutal since he took over, we then have an absolute shambles of a pre-season with his lack of commitment to the club, this is then followed up by a pish start to the season and the week after yet another derby defeat he doesn't turn up to one of his players testimonials which again has fans questioning his commitment to the club.

This is not what the club needs right now so i hope if i'm wrong and he was away scouting a player then the guy is bloody good because although i still want to give him time i'm finding it really hard to justify why and wee things like this IMO certainly aren't helping his cause.

bingo70
05-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Who cares? Barring a bizarre - but most definitely welcome - run of wins, Colin Calderwood is finished at ER. Where he was on Sunday won't make a blind bit of difference.

Disagree, i think we've got a decent run of games coming up this month and there's a good opportunity to go on a run similiar to february, which is why i think his choice not to be there on sunday is one we're entitled to question.

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 07:30 PM

Right, we get it, you did not approve of Murray getting a testimonial but it seems a little childish that you are dropping in as many of the above comments in bold in a bid to have a further go.

It is also exceptionally distrespectful to people like me and many others that put our hands in our pocket to pay and go along and watch, not to mention of course Murray, club captain and someone who has given so much to hibs.

smurf
05-09-2011, 07:42 PM

Oops look out for a 'you are deliberately running down the club' post coming your way soon...

The Falcon
05-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Oops look out for a 'you are deliberately running down the club' post coming your way soon...

No he's not. He's just talking sheight. There is a difference.

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2011, 07:47 PM
What does that matter?

:agree:

Like when you said you saw Chris Hughton at ER and Edinburgh airport, is that the sort of thing you're meaning?

smurf
05-09-2011, 08:34 PM
:agree:

Like when you said you saw Chris Hughton at ER and Edinburgh airport, is that the sort of thing you're meaning?

Yawn.

3pm
05-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Disagree, i think we've got a decent run of games coming up this month and there's a good opportunity to go on a run similiar to february, which is why i think his choice not to be there on sunday is one we're entitled to question.

You can question it, it just won't matter! :o)

BroxburnHibee
05-09-2011, 08:46 PM
So the guy took the chance to spend some time with his family (or not :greengrin)

Who cares?

CabbageBoy
05-09-2011, 08:47 PM
No he's not. He's just talking sheight. There is a difference.

And you are as much an ostritch as the most short sighted Yam believer

Colin Calderwood gave at least one 'off the record' interviews to the BBC about how he wanted to leave in the summer, and couldnt wait to do so. Open secret in the media, hence why the story did not die.

If he was scouting after the end of the transfer window, the U-21 story does not ring true, given that he will have been at the bounce game against Killie on Thursday. (And why, given that we have loads of raw talent but no organisation or grit, is he looking at U-21s anyway?) If he wanted to put some of this to bed, he could have moved his family here in the summer, then he could spend more time with them and less time travelling hundreds of miles a week; or maybe you think he has no coaching to do with that defence? Or that the players react well when they know the boss is away after games so cant catch them pissed in a night club?

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2011, 08:58 PM

Colin Calderwood gave at least one 'off the record' interviews to the BBC about how he wanted to leave in the summer, and couldnt wait to do so. Open secret in the media, hence why the story did not die.

If he was scouting after the end of the transfer window, the U-21 story does not ring true, given that he will have been at the bounce game against Killie on Thursday. (And why, given that we have loads of raw talent but no organisation or grit, is he looking at U-21s anyway?) If he wanted to put some of this to bed, he could have moved his family here in the summer, then he could spend more time with them and less time travelling hundreds of miles a week; or maybe you think he has no coaching to do with that defence? Or that the players react well when they know the boss is away after games so cant catch them pissed in a night club?

It has already been pointed out that there were a lot more games on than just U21 at the weekend.

The Falcon
05-09-2011, 08:59 PM

So why's he still here then?

But hey, he's gone after the Aberdeen game anyway, so the journo's tell us, so lets wait and see what happens.

Mibbes Aye
05-09-2011, 09:06 PM

Re the bits in bold, Calderwood's in a job where players and managers alike move on every couple of years. Having a stable, settled place for your family to grow up is far more important than moving your kids every couple of years to make some randoms on a messageboard happier. Appreciate not everyone has the luxury of a settled environment (e.g. members of the Forces with families). IIRC the family are based in central England and that makes sense to me as it maximises his options around what job he takes. He's the one who takes the strain, with all the travelling.

As for the night clubs, even if he was based in Edinburgh he wouldn't really be trawling the clubs in the small hours looking for stray players would he?

bingo70
05-09-2011, 09:08 PM
So why's he still here then?

But hey, he's gone after the Aberdeen game anyway, so the journo's tell us, so lets wait and see what happens.

Because forest or Birmingham couldn't agree compensation, although i believe Hughtons last quote about it was that appointing CC was a work in progress and as there's still no assistant manager there (or here btw) then i wouldn't completely rule it out now either.

Can't believe we're back having the same discussion about his commitment, or lack of it again, thought we had moved past that and now we were judging him on his performance in matches. Even if him missing the game yesterday was completely innocent he really has been a disaster of an appointment, my justification for wanting him to stay is purely based on not wanting to keep changing managers but i'm really starting to swaying towards just cutting our losses and getting someone in that 100% definately wants to be here and would show some enthusiasm for the job.

The Falcon
05-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Because forest or Birmingham couldn't agree compensation, although i believe Hughtons last quote about it was that appointing CC was a work in progress and as there's still no assistant manager there (or here btw) then i wouldn't completely rule it out now either.

Can't believe we're back having the same discussion about his commitment, or lack of it again, thought we had moved past that and now we were judging him on his performance in matches. Even if him missing the game yesterday was completely innocent he really has been a disaster of an appointment, my justification for wanting him to stay is purely based on not wanting to keep changing managers but i'm really starting to swaying towards just cutting our losses and getting someone in that 100% definately wants to be here and would show some enthusiasm for the job.

There is no evidence the amount was even discussed seriously. As far as I am aware an approach was made and dismissed out of hand, in that I could be wrong though.

Thats not the point though. Cabbageboy says that he was wanting to leave in the summer and "couldn't wait to do so". I believe if that was truly the case he would be gone. He is similar to Collins in that he is not a poor man and really, despite the dour demeanour, he is nobodies bitch. If he was as desperate to go as some suggest he would, IMO, be gone. I also dont believe that if he wanted to be away that badly Rod wouldnt have let him go.

To be clear I don't necessarily want him to go either but it wouldn't be the end of the world if he did. We would continue.

nortonhibby
05-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Evening news said Colin was abroad scouting players so no big deal here move on please.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Evening news said Colin was abroad scouting players so no big deal here move on please.

If this is true or he had a family emergency to attend to then that is fine by me.

I'd like to know which league this match was played in, though, since all top leagues in Europe had no matches on at the weekend due to the international break.

However, if he was on club business then I have no problem with his absence yesterday.

Beefster
06-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Right, we get it, you did not approve of Murray getting a testimonial but it seems a little childish that you are dropping in as many of the above comments in bold in a bid to have a further go.

It is also exceptionally distrespectful to people like me and many others that put our hands in our pocket to pay and go along and watch, not to mention of course Murray, club captain and someone who has given so much to hibs.

As usual, you've completely missed the point and misread any meaning in my post.

I had no problem with the testimonial. My issue was the lack of transparency over the charity donation or otherwise. If the repeated questions about the amount going to charity had been answered rather than completely ignored time and time again, I would have probably been there myself.

The game was meaningless. Even if I had attended, I would have still considered the game to be meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Whether you like that or not doesn't matter two hoots to me but pointing that out to justify why Calderwood didn't attend isn't an attempt 'to have a further go'.

As for the 'disrespectful' to the fans that attended and Murray, get over yourself.

smurf
06-09-2011, 07:31 AM

CC is away scouting for players at under 21 level it is reported in the Edinburgh Evening News and supporters through intrigue look at what possible fixture he could have attended...

And you can't believe a supporter would go to such lengths. Oh well there is Greggs. Defunct presumably...

And more so you construct a post to say so. I'm wasting my time pointing this out to you but perhaps you should spend less time rubbishing others opinions and indeed implying that you are a superior supporter than others.

Steve20
06-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Couldn't care less if he was at the game or not. In fact, I hope he doesn't bother turning up for the Aberdeen game too.

smurf
06-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Couldn't care less if he was at the game or not. In fact, I hope he doesn't bother turning up for the Aberdeen game too.

I disagree. CC now has his players after using the January and summer Windows bringing in a not unsubstantial number...

And with the international break there can be no more excuses re fitness.

Now is the time to judge the guy the board have so much confidence in.

Steve20
06-09-2011, 08:48 AM
I disagree. CC now has his players after using the January and summer Windows bringing in a not unsubstantial number...

And with the international break there can be no more excuses re fitness.

Now is the time to judge the guy the board have so much confidence in.

Alot of the stuff you say I agree with, but can't agree here. How long do we give him? Do we leave it as long as we left Duffy in charge?

His tactics are horrific, he can't set up a defence, he can't change a game when we go behind and it's clear as day that he would be away the first chance that came along.

He is worse than Williamson.

smurf
06-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Alot of the stuff you say I agree with, but can't agree here. How long do we give him? Do we leave it as long as we left Duffy in charge?

His tactics are horrific, he can't set up a defence, he can't change a game when we go behind and it's clear as day that he would be away the first chance that came along.

He is worse than Williamson.

Don't disagree with much if any of that and I think everyone accepts we simply must start winning more football matches. A win on Sunday is needed....

JimBHibees
06-09-2011, 09:36 AM
If this is true or he had a family emergency to attend to then that is fine by me.

I'd like to know which league this match was played in, though, since all top leagues in Europe had no matches on at the weekend due to the international break.

However, if he was on club business then I have no problem with his absence yesterday.

I think it mentioned him covering U21 matches. Personally dont have an issue with him taking a break and not being at the testimonial if it allows him to watch a couple of matches, catch up with his kids and have a few relaxing days off meaning he comes back suitably refreshed fo the tough job ahead.

Beefster
06-09-2011, 10:23 AM
CC is away scouting for players at under 21 level it is reported in the Edinburgh Evening News and supporters through intrigue look at what possible fixture he could have attended...

And you can't believe a supporter would go to such lengths. Oh well there is Greggs. Defunct presumably...

And more so you construct a post to say so. I'm wasting my time pointing this out to you but perhaps you should spend less time rubbishing others opinions and indeed implying that you are a superior supporter than others.

The thing is, smurf, there was no real opinion there to be rubbished. It's a baseless accusation of lying, non-commitment etc etc.

I'm not sure where you saw the implication that I am a superior supporter than others either. I honestly can't believe that folk would start checking up on a story to try and prove it wrong (let's be honest, folk weren't checking to prove it right) - nothing more, nothing less.

Stevie Reid
06-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Mixed emotions here.

I'm really rather sad that the prospect of us losing another manager excites me, but I'm afraid that it does.

smurf
06-09-2011, 10:53 AM
The thing is, smurf, there was no real opinion there to be rubbished. It's a baseless accusation of lying, non-commitment etc etc.

I'm not sure where you saw the implication that I am a superior supporter than others either. I honestly can't believe that folk would start checking up on a story to try and prove it wrong (let's be honest, folk weren't checking to prove it right) - nothing more, nothing less.

Do you really think that i thought that when i checked the UEFA site that there were no Under 21 fixtures and i was just looking for the evidence of the 'lies'?:faf::faf::faf:

So what was my point in looking at the fixtures? Couldn't possibly be curiosity to see what fixture it might have been? Oh and the interesting thing was that if it was a fixture on Saturday he was attending then there was only one... Result!:aok:

People form opinions. I have mine. You will have yours. I don't believe CC is commited to our club. Not what i want to believe but i can't pretend i feel otherwise. You obviously believe he is commited. Good for you.

But hey drop the nonsense that that somehow makes you a better supporter by suggesting others with opinions formed by a catalogue of incidents early summer are somehow running down the club.

Why don't you go and ask any respected journalist in Scotland the question.:wink:

Despite my lack of belief that he wants to be at ER and indeed whether he's actually up to the job i've not called for him to go or to be sacked.

I know another change in Manager is the last thing we need...

But sorry to have this opinion (because in your eyes i will obviously be undermining the club by having it..) but i think we may just be facing that scenario sooner rather than later.

Albion Hibs
06-09-2011, 11:52 AM
As usual, you've completely missed the point and misread any meaning in my post.

I had no problem with the testimonial. My issue was the lack of transparency over the charity donation or otherwise. If the repeated questions about the amount going to charity had been answered rather than completely ignored time and time again, I would have probably been there myself.

The game was meaningless. Even if I had attended, I would have still considered the game to be meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Whether you like that or not doesn't matter two hoots to me but pointing that out to justify why Calderwood didn't attend isn't an attempt 'to have a further go'.

As for the 'disrespectful' to the fans that attended and Murray, get over yourself.

No you get over yourself. I was not overly interested in what meaningless point you were trying to make, I was commenting on your ridiculous, try to be sly, belittling of the occasion.

I did not pay to go and watch a meaningless game, I went to watch a testimonial for a Hibs player, one of only a handful that have ever been given out. That in itself makes it anything but meaningless. Some of the best players for our club came along for the day, a reflection that they felt it was anything other than meaningless, as did two players that have won most things in football from the ELP to the champions league.

With regards to your constant questioning, who cares how much is going to charity. it was no doubt another excuse as to why you did not go to a Hibs game - who do you think you are that you justify a response, it would only to have been to fulfill the nosiness you have. It was stated that funds were being donated, that is good enough for me. The reality is if they had come out and said 50% people would have stated that was not enough, therefore pointless. Fact of the matter is a charity has benefited, not from you because you were worried about percentages, but all those that attended the game.

Beefster
06-09-2011, 12:53 PM
No you get over yourself. I was not overly interested in what meaningless point you were trying to make, I was commenting on your ridiculous, try to be sly, belittling of the occasion.

I did not pay to go and watch a meaningless game, I went to watch a testimonial for a Hibs player, one of only a handful that have ever been given out. That in itself makes it anything but meaningless. Some of the best players for our club came along for the day, a reflection that they felt it was anything other than meaningless, as did two players that have won most things in football from the ELP to the champions league.

With regards to your constant questioning, who cares how much is going to charity. it was no doubt another excuse as to why you did not go to a Hibs game - who do you think you are that you justify a response, it would only to have been to fulfill the nosiness you have. It was stated that funds were being donated, that is good enough for me. The reality is if they had come out and said 50% people would have stated that was not enough, therefore pointless. Fact of the matter is a charity has benefited, not from you because you were worried about percentages, but all those that attended the game.

I did. I was far from the only one either.

I have a ST incidentally so the pish about 'another excuse not to attend a Hibs game' is just that - pish.

If you're not interested in whatever meaningless point I am trying to make, **** off and stop replying to my posts.

Albion Hibs
06-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I did. I was far from the only one either.

I have a ST incidentally so the pish about 'another excuse not to attend a Hibs game' is just that - pish.

If you're not interested in whatever meaningless point I am trying to make, **** off and stop replying to my posts.

Your requirement to know such a thing was nothing more than you being nosey. In any event you decided not to give anything to the selected charity as a result of not knowing how much they were getting - the old say half of something is better than 100% of nothing does not seem to have struck home with you.

Re the last bit I made a comment on your post and the content of it - that was my point - do you understand?...in fact dont answer this chat is making me cringe.

jdships
06-09-2011, 04:04 PM

You ever been in a similar situation in your career ?
Some years ago I was asked to open up a new depot in the Midlands for an " unspecified time " (minimum 12 months) .
Our children were in primary school and we chose not to move , with me travelling home every second weekend .
No one in the depot/head office criticised me/took issue with me for choosing to do that - I was simply judged on my results
Likewise I will try and judge CC on his results . Seems fair to me
Where he chooses to live or his personal life surely has nothing to with anyone but him and his family .

If you think about it most if not all the last six Hibs managers lived locally - didn't make them better managers did it ? :greengrin

Hibby D
06-09-2011, 06:40 PM
You ever been in a similar situation in your career ?
Some years ago I was asked to open up a new depot in the Midlands for an " unspecified time " (minimum 12 months) .
Our children were in primary school and we chose not to move , with me travelling home every second weekend .
No one in the depot/head office criticised me/took issue with me for choosing to do that - I was simply judged on my results
Likewise I will try and judge CC on his results . Seems fair to me
Where he chooses to live or his personal life surely has nothing to with anyone but him and his family .

If you think about it most if not all the last six Hibs managers lived locally - didn't make them better managers did it ? :greengrin

Is that on results already in or from now on? :clapper:

jdships
06-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Is that on results already in or from now on? :clapper:

Now that is the $64,000 question I am , " as we speak", trying to answer :greengrin:wink:
Maybe in a couple of weeks we might all have the answer - one way or another :devil: