PDA

View Full Version : there is no one here!

keep the faith
04-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Sun shining. Pitch full of legends and hardly any one here for our captain. I'm ashamed to be a hibby today.

Wheat Hound
04-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Ashamed to be a hibby? I think many object to the granting of a testimonial for someone who ****ed off to the huns on a bosman and probaby made a decent wad there and who probably still earns more than most fans. Ashamed to be a hibby? Never. Ashamed of the current state of my club? Very much so.

hibeedonald
04-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Sun shining. Pitch full of legends and hardly any one here for our captain. I'm ashamed to be a hibby today.

Really hoped this wouldn't happen

Pretty Boy
04-09-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm not going on the principle i disagree with testimonials for players who have had full careers and earned more than enough cash from the game.

I hope those who have gone enjoy their day and i hope Ian Murray enjoys his day but if Hibs fans haven't bought into outdated games like this then i cant say i blame them and i'm far from ashamed.

If all the money was going to charity then i may have felt differently but when it's only a percentage then i can't agree with it. For the record i made a donation of £15 to charity which is what i would have spent going to the game before anyone accuses me of depriving a charity of money, as has happened before.

Bob Box Fish
Ashamed to be a hibby? I think many object to the granting of a testimonial for someone who ****ed off to the huns on a bosman and probaby made a decent wad there and who probably still earns more than most fans. Ashamed to be a hibby? Never. Ashamed of the current state of my club? Very much so.

There was less than 5k at Gordan Hunters testimonial vs. Coventry. Think you need to be doing pretty well and the fans to be happy to get anyone to bother with these matches.

Hibs90

How many would you estimate?

Keith_M
04-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm not surprised that it's a low crowd. A combination of how poorly Hibs have been playing and people's attitude to players testimonials (especially players that left for one of the OF) are bound to affect the attendance.

keep the faith
04-09-2011, 12:57 PM
How many would you estimate?

2k tops

Sas_The_Hibby
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm not there, for a variety of reasons. I suspect this game has just come at a very unfortunate time, regarding Hibs' current situation and the general low morale amongst fans.

I do wonder, too - and this is a general comment, no reflection on Ian Murray and his undoubtedly tremendous contribution to the club over the years - whether the testimonial match has had its day.

There was a time when a testimonial match would have made a big financial difference to a player who would have received a wage not that much higher than a skilled worker in 'ordinary' life, but whose career only lasted 15 years or so. I have to admit that part of my calculation in not turning out today was that someone like Ian Murray, though not in the superleague of football earners, should still have earned enough to not be short of a bob or two in the future (and good luck to him) and therefore my buying a ticket or not was not so crucial in financial terms.

I realise a testimonial is also about showing your appreciation for a player, but perhaps the testimonial is more important for lower paid long-time servants of clubs in lower divisions.

matty_f
2k tops

Many away fans?:greengrin

Keith_M
2k tops

125 less than that and I've won the pencil :greengrin

Gatecrasher
04-09-2011, 01:02 PM
i am for the Testimonial but for me £15 for a nothing game was way too much, £5 and kids free would have got a more respectful crowd imo

Sas_The_Hibby
04-09-2011, 01:02 PM
125 less than that and I've won the pencil :greengrin

It's "me, me, me" with you, isn't it?! :greengrin

Spike Mandela
04-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I hope everyone there enjoys themselves and Ian has a great day.

I gave up on testimonials and friendlies years ago. Just don!t find them very exciting and I'm sure many people are the same. No great agenda.

lucky
04-09-2011, 01:16 PM
It was always going happen. Hibs are playing poorly. Ticket price. Not a glamour visiting team. Nid not as popular as some think. People against testimonials. Only Hibs would think playing against their former players would draw a decent crowd when league attendances are plummeting

The_Todd
04-09-2011, 01:17 PM
I hope everyone there enjoys themselves and Ian has a great day.

I gave up on testimonials and friendlies years ago. Just don!t find them very exciting and I'm sure many people are the same. No great agenda.

Snap. I've been to two friendlies in my entire life, and everything about them bores me rigid.

greenginger
04-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Can't manage down today but bought four £ 15 tickets for the family anyway. Hope the monetary result for Ian is positive as that's what counts at the end of the day. :thumbsup:

Hibiza
04-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Testimonials are for legends , not for a ship jumper , esp to the huns

joe breezy
04-09-2011, 01:30 PM
It's a shame in a way but Hibs aren't playing well, there isn't an opposition team and Ian Murray left for Rangers before coming back.

I think testimonials should be for unbroken service really. I don't criticise Ian Murray for going to Rangers. If someone told me they would offer me quadruple wages for doing the same job but in a bigger, better equipped organisation with higher quality work I would take it in an instant.

But i wouldn't go back to my ex employers a few years later and expect the ten years service bonus.

Anyway, still hope it's been a good day and I really do wish Ian Murray all the best, my dad knows his dad and he sounds a good guy and he is a Hibby.

easty
04-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Testimonials are for legends , not for a ship jumper , esp to the huns

Testimonials are for 10 years consecutive service in my opinion. If, hypothetically, Ian Murray left Hibs to go to Rangers at 20 years old, it didnt work out for him and he was back by the age of 22, then played for 10 years consecutively then I'd be at that testimonial.

Tonez
04-09-2011, 01:40 PM
i am for the Testimonial but for me £15 for a nothing game was way too much, £5 and kids free would have got a more respectful crowd imo

:aok::aok:

TheGreenMan
04-09-2011, 01:41 PM
ashamed to be a hibby? I think many object to the granting of a testimonial for someone who ****ed off to the huns on a bosman and probaby made a decent wad there and who probably still earns more than most fans. Ashamed to be a hibby? Never. Ashamed of the current state of my club? Very much so.

this.

/end of discussion.

CallumHibs07
04-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Post a pic

Allant1981
04-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Dont agree with ian murray getting a testimonial, yip these guys only have short careers but he probably earns about 90k per year and that doesnt include bonuses so im not paying even more towards his pension fund

smurf
04-09-2011, 02:01 PM
What a bitter lot we have within our ranks...

That said no doubt in my mind that the attendance has taken a hit through how poor we are currently.

Is CC here?

Dr Jimmy
04-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Dont agree with ian murray getting a testimonial, yip these guys only have short careers but he probably earns about 90k per year and that doesnt include bonuses so im not paying even more towards his pension fund They are also allowed to get a job after football.

EasterRoad4Ever
04-09-2011, 02:34 PM
It was always going happen. Hibs are playing poorly. Ticket price. Not a glamour visiting team. Nid not as popular as some think. People against testimonials. Only Hibs would think playing against their former players would draw a decent crowd when league attendances are plummeting

:agree: For these reasons, always going to be a poor turnout. I can hardly be arsed turning out for the games that I've already paid for, and that matter.

ancient hibee
04-09-2011, 02:36 PM
I've not really been following this but as far as I can see Murray had about 4 years in the team and then quite rightly moved on for more money.He eventually moved back and has had around 3 years in and out.In total he's played about 200 games I suppose.Why did he get a testamonial?This isn't a girn just a question.

TheEastTerrace
04-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Reflective of how the fans feel towards the club right now IMO. The OP mentioned it's a nice, sunny day so I actually went out on a pleasant cycle, took in the last days of summer and felt good for it afterwards. Stark contrast to attending Hibs games of any sort these days.Why would I pay £15 to watch more drivel down ER, testimonial or no?

As others have rightly pointed out, testimonials are dated considering what footballers earn these days.

MrRobot
04-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Im gutted I aint there. Got drunk last night and slept in.

For the people who dont think he needs thr money, pretty sure he's giving it to charity.:aok:

Beefster
04-09-2011, 02:52 PM
If the guys organising the testimonial had bothered to answer the repeated questions about the contribution to charity, there would gave been, at least, four more supporters attending. I can't imagine that we were the only ones who didn't go as a result of the stonewalling that went on.

sunshine1875
04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Reflective of how the fans feel towards the club right now IMO. The OP mentioned it's a nice, sunny day so I actually went out on a pleasant cycle, took in the last days of summer and felt good for it afterwards. Stark contrast to attending Hibs games of any sort these days.Why would I pay £15 to watch more drivel down ER, testimonial or no?

As others have rightly pointed out, testimonials are dated considering what footballers earn these days.

:kdarts:

I think the only testimonial that I have been to was Gordon Hunter's against Man U - the game Tortolano got sent off for a tackle on Strachan. The difference between then and now was that (I think) we were top of the league and we were playing a good team. It would be interesting to see what players played for Man U that day to see how many of them were their stars of the future!

Kojock
04-09-2011, 02:56 PM

Don't feel the need to be ashamed on my behalf. :aok:

I have nothing against Ian Murray its just that I disagree with testimonials. Why should someone who has earned a fair few bob from the game be rewarded with even more money.

He is nearing his sell by date as a footballer so he now has to do what the rest of us have to do, go out and work for a living instead of pitching up at East Mains for a couple of hours per day.

I worked for the same company for 30 years and nobody held a testimonial for me.:boo hoo::dummytit:

Infact I have been attending ER for over 45 years and the old guy I go with has been going for 60 years. Anybody fancy forming a committee to arrange some events for us to try and recoup some of the money we have donated to Hibs over the years. :wink:

offshorehibby
04-09-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry testimonials are not for people that have earned a decent wedge from the game and will probably not want for a job when his career finishes.
30 years as a spark and i'm still waiting for my testimonial.

machibby
04-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Testimonials in my mind are from another era where players weren't on great money and a way of fans to show thanks for loyalty. I've no doubt Ian has done very well from the game and especially when he chose money with rangers over loyalty. Fair enough though he went there and got more money, but that was the day he forfeited the right for a testimonial. Saying all that if it hadn't been £15 might have gone and pretty sure not all the proceeds are going to charity.

LeithBoozy
04-09-2011, 03:31 PM
It would appear the Hibby's have voted with their feet on this one, by not going.

fife hfc
04-09-2011, 03:43 PM
I enjoyed the game and great to see players like Collins, Latapy and Fletcher again. Your Latapys may not have the pace anymore but the skill is still evident. Good luck to Ian as well.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-09-2011, 03:47 PM
The testimonial served it's purpose - enabled folks to bleat about hibs when there would have been a free weekend otherwise ;)
Let's pick over the bones on this for a few days more tho ;)

Davy Mac
04-09-2011, 03:49 PM
For what it's worth I took the boys along today and for those of you didn't attend you missed some great stuff.

I wouldn't judge anybody who didn't go today as I wouldn't for any other but I thoroughly enjoyed myself, Brewster, Collins & Latapy were superb.

Viera was just oozing class and GOC was excellent.

Also, fair play to Yogi & JC coming back after things turned sour for them both and I really hope Ian Murray enjoyed himself today, although your penalty miss was honking:greengrin

A wee bit break from the norm and quite encouraged by one or two players, some of the youngsters in particular.

Finally guys like Boozy, Kano, McManus, Lennon, Jackson etc were having a grand time of it and it felt today we're still a popular club for may former players.

Didn't see CC to be fair, and let's hope he was here because that's the kind of PR stuff he needs to be working on in my opinion.

Have a good night Ian and well done to you and all your family.:thumbsup:

Westie1875
04-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Really enjoyed it this afternoon, seeing lots of the former legends & heroes come back was great, Steven Fletcher really is a magnificent player (liked Grant Stotts wee joke about getting him in the Scotland squad :greengrin ), John Collins and Russell still have the skills - JC is fit enough to still play now and thoroughly deserved his MOM award, oh and what a goal :hibees

Great to see Vierra & Pires in the green as well, hope Ian enjoyed his day.

skipster7
04-09-2011, 03:57 PM
For what it's worth I took the boys along today and for those of you didn't attend you missed some great stuff.

I wouldn't judge anybody who didn't go today as I wouldn't for any other but I thoroughly enjoyed myself, Brewster, Collins & Latapy were superb.

Also, fair play to Yogi & JC coming back after things turned sour for them both and I really hope Ian Murray enjoyed himself today, although your penalty miss was honking:greengrin

A wee bit break from the norm and quite encouraged by one or two players, some of the youngsters in particular.

Finally guys like Boozy, Kano, McManus, Lennon, Jackson etc were having a grand time of it and it felt today we're still a popular club for may former players.

Didn't see CC to be fair, and let's hope he was here because that's the kind of PR stuff he needs to be working on in my opinion.

:top marksfelt exactly the same, sitting in the sunshine watching some club legends and a few of our youngsters,some great goals going in and Collins playing as if he could still get a game for us:agree:it was difficult to judge from the middle of the east as it looked pretty full but i thought there was maybe 4/5000 there.people in the west would probably have a better idea of how full the east was.good way to spend a sunday afternoon imo

jdships
04-09-2011, 03:59 PM

Oh dear not another " I'm a better supporter than you because ................ " poster :na na:
The reason why many people including myself sis not attend is down to our OPINIONS on testimonials in general.
You went by choice so why not just leave it a that :rolleyes:

Hibby D
04-09-2011, 04:02 PM

Just about sums it up for me. :top marks

It was a great afternoon's entertainment with plenty laughs, loads of goals, and the sun shone.

Argue the rights and wrongs of testimonials all you want, I went along to celebrate a good Hibby, who's (prematurely) coming to the end of his career. Had he not been, I'm pretty confident he would have been with us for a few years yet.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Highlights for me

JCs peformance - the boy is class fantastic strike
Fletch - great to see him back!
The young lads - showed some signs for encouragement
GOC - well miss him when he goes looking really sharp hungry and fit
Jimmy Scott - pity if CC didn't witness his contribution well taken brace
Brewster - still in shape and a handful let him go too soon
Latas some nice touches
Jacko still nice touches and a handful
Lovell nice strike

The technique of the legends still there for all to see.

The look on boozys face showed what it means to some that put on the jersey - permasmile for about 5 mins!

shamo9
04-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Most likely the last chance to see guys like Latapy, Collins, Wright, O'Neil, Boozy and Flecther playing at Easter Road. No danger I was passing that up, and I wasn't disapppointed.

I'd rather pay 7 pounds to watch them than the current Hibs team every day of the week, regardless of whether the money went to a humble Hibs fan who has put his body on the line for the cause, and suffered because of it.

Hibs legends :flag:

Kojock
04-09-2011, 04:40 PM
regardless of whether the money went to a humble Hibs fan who has put his body on the line for the cause, and suffered because of it.
:flag:

F******g brilliant you couldn't make it up.

I know a few army guys who suffered life changing injuries serving in Afghanistan who put their bodies on the line. Young guys at the peak of their lives losing limbs etc. Dont even try to equate the sacrifice these guys made to some well paid footballer who can go on and lead a healthy normal life.

DaveF
04-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I was always intent on giving this game a miss, but since my lad had a game in East Lothian this morning, it fell nicely to take him to ER on the way back.

Yes, £15 might have been a bit steep, but I loved watching Latapy, Jackson, Brewster, Collins et al.

JC could easily still be playing now - and his goal alone was worth the entry fee. If any of the Hibs youngsters picked up some good habits from watching the likes of Collins make the game look easy, then all the better.

I really enjoyed the football, and I hope IM enjoys the rest of his day.

shamo9
04-09-2011, 04:45 PM

I know a few army guys who suffered life changing injuries serving in Afghanistan who put their bodies on the line. Young guys at the peak of their lives losing limbs etc. Dont even try to equate the sacrifice these guys made to some well paid footballer who can go on and lead a healthy normal life.

Exactly, hence why I said REGARDLESS of Ian Murray. The money was immaterial compared to seeing guys like Latapy, Collins and Fletcher one more time. It's the happiest I've felt at Easter Road in years.

The jokes on people like my Dad who've paid over the odds to see poor players like Rankin, Hogg and Nish over the past few years, yet miss the opportunity to see people worthy of the shirt one last time for half the usual price

scoopyboy
04-09-2011, 04:47 PM
:kdarts:

I think the only testimonial that I have been to was Gordon Hunter's against Man U - the game Tortolano got sent off for a tackle on Strachan. The difference between then and now was that (I think) we were top of the league and we were playing a good team. It would be interesting to see what players played for Man U that day to see how many of them were their stars of the future!

It was Gordon Rae's against Man Utd. Hunter's was against Coventry.

DH1875
04-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Im gutted I aint there. Got drunk last night and slept in.

For the people who dont think he needs thr money, pretty sure he's giving it to charity.:aok:

Did it not go to Pires & Viera :dunno:.

Kojock
04-09-2011, 04:49 PM
put his body on the line for the cause, and suffered because of it

Whoosh !!! Your missing the point completely, IM never put his body on the line. FFS he plays football a thing that thousands of people in Scotland do for pleasure every week.

Hibby D
04-09-2011, 04:50 PM

Why such venom? Shamo wasn't "equating" Murray to soldiers who have served in the Afghan war. You're the one doing the comparing :confused:

edwards
04-09-2011, 04:51 PM

Why Murray didn't seem the least bit embarrassing when he swanned off up the M8. :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
04-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Just about sums it up for me. :top marks

It was a great afternoon's entertainment with plenty laughs, loads of goals, and the sun shone.

Argue the rights and wrongs of testimonials all you want, I went along to celebrate a good Hibby, who's (prematurely) coming to the end of his career. Had he not been, I'm pretty confident he would have been with us for a few years yet.

I swithered about going but I'm glad I did, I enjoyed it.

The thing that made me swither was that I wasn't convinced he was entitled to one.

Stanton, Duncan, McNamara, Rae, Sneddon and Hunter all IMO were entitled to one as their service was unbroken.

Murray left us under freedom of contract, we got nothing and he gave us the vickies at Ibrox. At that time he was as unpopular as Kevin Thomson was / is.

However I decided I would support it and I'm glad I did, however I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't go as a matter of principle.

Kojock
04-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Why such venom? Shamo wasn't "equating" Murray to soldiers who have served in the Afghan war. You're the one doing the comparing :confused:

No venom here, Shamo said " regardless of whether the money went to a humble Hibs fan who has put his body on the line for the cause, and suffered because of it"

Footballers dont put their bodies on the line, a massive over exaggeration if ever there was one. Murray is a well paid guy who was fortunate enough to be born with a talent. He is coming to the end of his career as a footballer but he will still be able to lead a normal healthy life.

I was merely pointing out that there are people who really put their bodies on the line for a fraction of the wages with the possibility of suffering far more serious injuries than a footballer might get.

shamo9
04-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Whoosh !!! Youre missing the point completely, IM never put his body on the line. FFS he plays football a thing that thousands of people in Scotland do for pleasure every week.

Yes, thousands of people play football, although few play with the determination he does, a fact noted by guys like Alex McLeish among others. What he lacks in ability he negates by throwing his body into harms way. No one can question that he gives anything less than 100%, and he also plays without fear, both qualities we don't see a lot at Hibs any more. Also both qualities that risk injuries to himself, a fact well known to guys like Benji (first example that comes to my head) who shirks tackles. In the context of football (which this is) he is a brave player. I'm comparing him to other footballers, which is revelant considering many believe he is unworthy AS a footballer to be given the honour of a testimonial.

But again I feel like you're the one missing the point in an effort to try and make me retract anything positive about Ian Murray. I've already stated that I came to see past legends, what Murray has done (or not in your case) was not part of my decision.

Heck, if this had been a Hearts' player's testimonial (Levein maybe) I'd still have gone if the Hibs legends were there.

bigstu
04-09-2011, 05:06 PM

:top marks:flag:

Kojock
04-09-2011, 05:18 PM
But again I feel like you're the one missing the point in an effort to try and make me retract anything positive about Ian Murray. I've already stated that I came to see past legends, what Murray has done (or not in your case) was not part of my decision.

Heck, if this had been a Hearts' player's testimonial I'd still have gone if the Hibs legends were there.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with IM and wish we had another ten guys with his commitment. I actually like IM and wish him all the best in the future.

As for past legends, is that the same Latapy who went on the peeve before a vital cup game.

jakki
04-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I was at the Bolton v Hibs testamonial a few years ago. They laid it out as a family day. Well before the game , they had events set out for the fans. Before the stand they had local radio , fire eaters, wall climbing, etc and the buzz was huge. In the concourse they had lots of other events going, Beat the goalie, the buzz wire test etc. so much so I gave my 3 grandkids ,teenagers, £2 each to get lost and meet us back at our turnstile. Yes they did enjoying the day out. My granddaughters , under 8, enjoined climbing the wall and the fire eaters. Then we had the game £ 5 for the kids and nothing for me (disabled)

A great day out for the family, pity it was spoiled by a drunk. But thats another story.

If the game had been promoted like this, I would have invited my family to join me in the fun but I couldn't see it as fun for my grandkids

shamo9
04-09-2011, 05:52 PM
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with IM and wish we had another ten guys with his commitment. I actually like IM and wish him all the best in the future.

As for past legends, is that the same Latapy who went on the peeve before a vital cup game.

True that, but I can't help how I feel about Latapy. Like the other players mentioned, he's the type you pay to see, warts and all.

He made a big mistake but that doesn't outweigh all the good he did during his spell here, and it would be flagrant history revision to suggest otherwise.

greenlex
04-09-2011, 05:57 PM
If the guys organising the testimonial had bothered to answer the repeated questions about the contribution to charity, there would gave been, at least, four more supporters attending. I can't imagine that we were the only ones who didn't go as a result of the stonewalling that went on.
:agree: 100% Beefster. I have no problem with testimonials for players with unbroken service or retiring early through injury but Ian has or is doing neither. Added to three? paydays when signing on and wages I reckon I need the £15 more than him. If a charity percentage had been stated I might have gone along but it wasn't and I didnt.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2011, 05:57 PM
A great day out for the family, pity it was spoiled by a drunk. But thats another story. What happened, don't think we've heard about this before?

Hibby70
04-09-2011, 06:07 PM
What happened, don't think we've heard about this before? I saw someone being taken away by police before i went into the ground.not sure if same person. He looked about 60 odd

Baldy Foghorn
04-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Really enjoyed Today, some great football played, some great goals, all in a friendly spirit.......

To the OP I have never been "ashamed" to be a Hibs fan in my life, EVER......

Bishop Hibee
04-09-2011, 06:08 PM

:top marks Myself, my 3 sons, my 3 brothers and mate enjoyed it thoroughly.

"Haters gonna hate" as I believe the young 'uns say.

Scouse Hibee
04-09-2011, 06:11 PM
We had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment on offer! I was initially opposed to attending due to the money not going completely to charity. However I decided that I never really consider where or who the money goes to when I go out elsewhere at the weekend so the only decision to make was whether or not I considered the occasion to be worth paying to see :greengrin................I did, it was and I have no regrets. The only thing I thought could have been done better was that Ian Murray should have took the microphone at the end of the game and thanked all for their attendance.

A great day though :top marks

Jay
04-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Well Scott and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Couldnt care less where the money was going. we saw some great hibs legends and couple of non hibs legends :greengrin playing and thoroughly enjoying it. It was fab to welcome back the likes of Fletch, Deano and Boozy. Grant Stotts intermittant commentary fair made me giggle.

Really glad we went along :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
04-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Really enjoyed Today, some great football played, some great goals, all in a friendly spirit.......

To the OP I have never been "ashamed" to be a Hibs fan in my life, EVER......

I agree. The best entertainment at ER in a long while

TheBruce
04-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Would like to point out that Ian Murray who in my opinion didn't deserve a testimonial for leaving the club, at the full time whistle after the presentations. Applauded the fans for about 20 seconds, didnt address the crowd and was first off the pitch. Once again showing all the qualities that made him leave and didn't deserve a test.....but I still wnet despite all that.

givescotlandfreedom
04-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Merits of the occasion aside I really enjoyed it. It was brillaint to see a lot of the older guys doing the stuff and give them a good reception themselves. The game itself was entertaining and the crowd in very good spirits. Good to see the club means a lot to many of our former players.

Baldy Foghorn
04-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Merits of the occasion aside I really enjoyed it. It was brillaint to see a lot of the older guys doing the stuff and give them a good reception themselves. The game itself was entertaining and the crowd in very good spirits. Good to see the club means a lot to many of our former players.

spot on :agree:

Nakedmanoncrack
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
So what was the attendance then?
Feel sorry for him if it was really paltry, but couldn't justify going though to be honest.
Lovely day & better things to do is the truth.

7Hero
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
I can understand people staying away because he left, went to the huns and give hibs fans the vickies..

BUT...

To not want to pay £15 to see the old hibs players we all loved, Latapy and Collins in particular, is frankly scandalous....

I paid more than £15, saw about 60% of the game and even i though it was worth the cash...

Jonnyboy
04-09-2011, 08:02 PM

Says it all for me :agree: :top marks

Edit: Some real vitriol here and that's a shame IMO. Yes Murray gave Hibs fans the 'vickies' as a reaction to the horrendous abuse being hurled at him. He's human - get over it

Saorsa
04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Sun shining. Pitch full of legends and hardly any one here for our captain. I'm ashamed to be a hibby today.you were there that's all you need tae woory about. I've made my feelings on testimonials perfectly clear before and I'm certainly no ashamed that I wouldnae have been there even if I could actually have made it. I hope those that were there enjoyed their day and I hope Ian enjoyed it too.

7Hero
04-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Says it all for me :agree: :top marks

Edit: Some real vitriol here and that's a shame IMO. Yes Murray gave Hibs fans the 'vickies' as a reaction to the horrendous abuse being hurled at him. He's human - get over it

steady on johnny, hardly vitriol in my post. i was at the game remember...

football fans have short memories, hence why most of them stayed away, but my post is the least of the ones that should be worrying you.

and yes, i am over it... couldn't really care about it to be honest, hence why i was there contributing to the testimonial...

Jonnyboy
04-09-2011, 08:37 PM
steady on johnny, hardly vitriol in my post. i was at the game remember...

football fans have short memories, hence why most of them stayed away, but my post is the least of the ones that should be worrying you.

and yes, i am over it... couldn't really care about it to be honest, hence why i was there contributing to the testimonial...

Wasn't aiming at you mate :wink: Plenty of others willing to hurl abuse though

keep the faith
04-09-2011, 08:40 PM
you were there that's all you need tae woory about. I've made my feelings on testimonials perfectly clear before and I'm certainly no ashamed that I wouldnae have been there even if I could actually have made it. I hope those that were there enjoyed their day and I hope Ian enjoyed it too.

In hindsight I should have said I felt embarrassed and not ashamed, ashamed was a bit strong.

I lot of aggresive stuff on here I dont agree with, but like a few have said its about opinions. Mine is that passing up the chance to see pretty much every Hibs player who has mattered over the last 20 years (less Le God) playing one last match for us, seeing Viera and Pires and giving some cash for charity is crazy - Just because you dont like the idea of giving it up for a local Hibs lad who gives his all for us and is likely to have a pretty short career. Because he didnt do 10 consecutives? Or he played for the huns once?

Anyway, I would just have loved for these past legends and guests to see our club in a really positive light rather than an empty stadium. Only my opinion of course, I dont want to argue and at the end of the day I had my best afternoon at ER for years.

Well done to Hibs and the testimonial committee for a fantastic afternoon.

7Hero
04-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Wasn't aiming at you mate :wink: Plenty of others willing to hurl abuse though

yup, and they are out of order...

NaeTechnoHibby
04-09-2011, 09:06 PM
True that, but I can't help how I feel about Latapy. Like the other players mentioned, he's the type you pay to see, warts and all.

He made a big mistake but that doesn't outweigh all the good he did during his spell here, and it would be flagrant history revision to suggest otherwise.

I wisnae going until I heard Collins and Latapy were gracing the ER pitch together :flag:

And it was a joyous day :thumbsup:

RIP
04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
It was a great day, enjoyed by every Hibby there. A real Hibs Family day in all senses of the world

We really need to remember this is only an internet messageboard for folk who prefer a conversation with a keyboard.
The views on here do not now and never will represent the ordinary Hibs Supporter

Viva_Palmeiras
04-09-2011, 09:22 PM
It was a great day, enjoyed by every Hibby there. A real Hibs Family day in all senses of the world

We really need to remember this is only an internet messageboard for folk who prefer a conversation with a keyboard.
The views on here do not now and never will represent the ordinary Hibs Supporter

Amen to that and hallelujah! :flag:

keep the faith
04-09-2011, 09:31 PM

:thumbsup::agree:Post of the year!

Tony1962
04-09-2011, 09:38 PM

:top marksThat's why I was not there

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I swithered about going but I'm glad I did, I enjoyed it.

The thing that made me swither was that I wasn't convinced he was entitled to one.

Stanton, Duncan, McNamara, Rae, Sneddon and Hunter all IMO were entitled to one as their service was unbroken.

Murray left us under freedom of contract, we got nothing and he gave us the vickies at Ibrox. At that time he was as unpopular as Kevin Thomson was / is.

However I decided I would support it and I'm glad I did, however I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't go as a matter of principle.

I agree it was a good day but while there are those that slate Murray for leaving to go to the OF yet there are threads here extolling the virtues of Collins and Latapy who did the same. :dunno:

nortonhibby
04-09-2011, 09:55 PM

at last we get the truth here here to Mr Turncoat but i am back now the man disguits me:flag:

shamo9
04-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I agree it was a good day but while there are those that slate Murray for leaving to go to the OF yet there are threads here extolling the virtues of Collins and Latapy who did the same. :dunno:

Yes, and they never got a testimonial :wink:

Even then the comparison fails when you consider than Collins left when he was ready for a good fee and on good terms. He also won a cup as manager:not worth

Latapy's departure may have happened in acrimonious fashion, but he was a special player. A calibre of which is rarely seen around Easter Road these days.

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Yes, and they never got a testimonial :wink:

Even then the comparison fails when you consider than Collins left when he was ready for a good fee and on good terms. He also won a cup as manager:not worth

Latapy's departure may have happened in acrimonious fashion, but he was a special player. A calibre of which is rarely seen around Easter Road these days.

Collins move to Celtic was pre Bosman or do you think he would have given us a second thought? He didnt give Celtic a thought when he moved to Monaco, post Bosman, and he has always been a big Celtic fan.

I do not doubt that Latapy was a "special" player for Hibs but does that make it ok for him to move to Rangers but Murray, like Riordan and Thomson, who has supported Hibs all his life, moves west and the reason given by many not to go to his match is that he went to the huns?

shamo9
04-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Collins move to Celtic was pre Bosman or do you think he would have given us a second thought? He didnt give Celtic a thought when he moved to Monaco, post Bosman, and he has always been a big Celtic fan.

I do not doubt that Latapy was a "special" player for Hibs but does that make it ok for him to move to Rangers but Murray, like Riordan and Thomson, who has supported Hibs all his life, moves west and the reason given by many not to go to his match is that he went to the huns?

I don't think it's fair to assume that Collins would do that, we got a million for him and that's that for me.

I'm sure the people that didn't go (not me I might add) would be equally bemused if Collins or Latapy got a testimonial. They stick to the traditionalist view that you need 10 years straight to deserve it. That's their argument and they are entitled to it.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't think it's fair to assume that Collins would do that, we got a million for him and that's that for me.

I'm sure the people that didn't go (not me I might add) would be equally bemused if Collins or Latapy got a testimonial. They stick to the traditionalist view that you need 10 years straight to deserve it. That's their argument and they are entitled to it.

Yip collins or Latapy or even Riordan or even O'Conner should he stay with us for another 5 years, none of those imo should get a testimonial.

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 11:10 PM

In fairness we probably all would if it came down to it.

I agree re the testimonials but there seemed to be a lot of comments that Murray went to Rangers and that was the main reason some people didn't go.

sevenzero
04-09-2011, 11:10 PM

Awesome ! Went with all the family , had a great day caught up with all the ex players got viera and pires to sign the little 1ns programme , and all the rest for a small fee !!!!!

Sir David Gray
04-09-2011, 11:34 PM
It was an afternoon where you could see players from the past who everyone enjoyed watching, it was a nice afternoon and, best of all, you knew beforehand that no matter what happened, Hibs couldn't lose. :thumbsup:

It was the most enjoyable afternoon I've had at Easter Road for about two years.

SteveHFC
04-09-2011, 11:47 PM
It was an afternoon where you could see players from the past who everyone enjoyed watching, it was a nice afternoon and, best of all, you knew beforehand that no matter what happened, Hibs couldn't lose. :thumbsup:

It was the most enjoyable afternoon I've had at Easter Road for about two years.

This :agree:

scoopyboy
05-09-2011, 05:26 AM

Collins was sold for a good price when the club badly needed it, he also signed an extension when he could have moved on earlier.

Latapy was value for money at ER, no question. However there is a bit of me that will never forgive him for the timing of his exit, I still think he might just have changed the Cup Final result.

johnrebus
05-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Collins was sold for a good price when the club badly needed it, he also signed an extension when he could have moved on earlier.

Latapy was value for money at ER, no question. However there is a bit of me that will never forgive him for the timing of his exit, I still think he might just have changed the Cup Final result.

McLeish kicked him out. Latapy had no choice in the matter.

The Falcon
05-09-2011, 07:42 AM

I have no issue with this Scoop and he brought in revenue at a time when "much needed" is a bit of an understatement. But dont forget that this was 1990 and we were still five years away from the Bosman ruling. Things were very different regarding contracts with a lot of power still with the clubs.

The man is Celtic to the core, his whole family is, and when the opportunity arose, in 1996 one year after the Bosman ruling, to move for free to Monaco he took it. Wee Fergus even tried to argue that Bosman didnt apply as Monaco was a sovereign state and not a member of the EU. I am not knocking him as I said we would probably all do it.

Regarding Latapy you have to ask why McLeish did what he did at the time he did it. With hindsight the decision is no easier to explain.

The overall point I was trying to get across was that there appear to be a lot of comments and bad feeling towards Nid because he went to Rangers, there are those that don't feel testimonials should be played but that's a different matter, but there appears to no such resentment towards others who have gone west, or elsewhere.

ManBearPig
05-09-2011, 08:23 AM

Was gonna post but think you have hit the nail on the head. :thumbsup:

I had a great day explaining who some of the players were to the wee man and he got his picture taken with Viera. It looked like JC should still be playing hope someone caught his goal on camera think could be goal of the season.

And where was CC?? answers on a postcard....

ManBearPig
05-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Why are so many people upset at a testimonial!?! Christ think with the state of affairs we would be looking for a party and a reason to celebrate even on a minor matter. And ten years is ten years I know a few players have been given with broken service including that docile defender at the PBS couple of years back.

KeithTheHibby
05-09-2011, 08:36 AM
For those that didn't attend you missed a cracking game with some top players on show.

To see the likes of JC, Latapy, Brewster and Fletcher wearing the green was worth it alone.

KeithTheHibby
05-09-2011, 08:36 AM
For those that didn't attend you missed a cracking game with some top players on show.

To see the likes of JC, Latapy, Brewster and Fletcher wearing the green was worth it alone.

Newhaven
05-09-2011, 08:38 AM

If folk want a conversation about hibs with a keyboard they can do it safe in the privacy of their own home without having to tell anyone about it.

Complete and utter drivel :agree:

Steve-O
05-09-2011, 08:52 AM

Strange thing to say in a post, on a messageboard? :confused:

Folk on here are not 'ordinary' Hibs fans? WTF are they then?

Bizarre stuff.

Dashing Bob S
05-09-2011, 09:03 AM
It's sad that it's that way, but in life all actions have consequences and jumping ship on a Bosman to the Huns is not in the Hibernian DNA, therefore I doubt IM is surprised that his 'legendary' status is relegated to Gary MacKayesque levels.

(((Fergus)))
05-09-2011, 09:14 AM
This match was probably the best value for money there's been at Easter Road for about two years.

greenlex
05-09-2011, 09:17 AM

What a loady pish.
Even the first couple of sentences imply that anyone who didnt go to the game yesterday isnt a Hibby. Bizarre is the correct term.

For the record I have no problem with Ian Murray or any other player who runs their contract down and goes to the Old Firm or anywhere for that matter. I have no problem with Ian Murray now. I hope he enjoyed his day. I have a problem with his testamonial that is all.

Saorsa
05-09-2011, 09:36 AM

The views on here do not now and never will represent the ordinary Hibs SupporterMaybe that's just as well with the amount of pish you post :clown:

By the way what type of Hibs supporter other than ordinary do you think post on here (and remember that'll include yersel)?

The majority of Hibs supporters who post on here that I ken are season ticket holders and regular attenders at Easter Road. So what if some of them disagreed with this testimonial game. :clown:

Kojock
05-09-2011, 10:19 AM

Bit contradiction in terms there coming from a keyboard conversationalist who has over 4500 posts.

So are you an ordinary or an extraordinary Hibs fan. :confused:

Beefster
05-09-2011, 10:41 AM

I'm late to this particular party but I find it ironic that someone who represents a relatively tiny group of supporters (ie the singing section / 12th Man) would dismiss a group of supporters at least 20 times larger and one that they contribute to, on average, about three times a day anyway.

A supporter trying to grow their group dismisses some of the folk that he wants to join his group? Genius.

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Really enjoyed yesterday was great fun and fantastic to see some of the old boys, Collins, Latapy and Brewster are still looking good and JC's strike in the second half was deserving of his MOM award. Viera and Pires running around in the green and white was a great sight, I only wish they had stayed up for the aberdeen game! Fingers crossed Scott and Rod had a word with him before he left and he is currently booking tickets for tevez heading up the road on loan!

Regards the OP, I would not be as strong as ashamed, I dont think we need yesterday to show us that we are not a well supported club, the league games do enough of that.

Well done Murray a fantastic day, a big thank you to all the players who made the effort to come back up the road and show support and entertain the fans for the afternoon.

Hibby D
05-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm late to this particular party but I find it ironic that someone who represents a relatively tiny group of supporters (ie the singing section / 12th Man) would dismiss a group of supporters at least 20 times larger and one that they contribute to, on average, about three times a day anyway.

A supporter trying to grow their group dismisses some of the folk that he wants to join his group? Genius.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and suggest maybe 325 has used a very poor choice of words to make two points.

Firstly that the testimonial was a great day out; which of course it was.

Secondly (and this is just my interpretation), that those who contribute to .net are not representative of the whole Hibs support; which I am also inclined to agree with.

Whilst .net may have a large visitor base, active contributors are but a small %age of the Hibs support, so it's rarely possible to guage the feeling of the whole support by a few repetitive and sometimes dis-jointed views expressed on here.

smurf
05-09-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm going to stick my neck out here and suggest maybe 325 has used a very poor choice of words to make two points.

Secondly (and this is just my interpretation), that those who contribute to .net are not representative of the whole Hibs support; which I am also inclined to agree with.

Whilst .net may have a large visitor base, active contributors are but a small %age of the Hibs support, so it's rarely possible to guage the feeling of the whole support by a few repetitive and sometimes dis-jointed views expressed on here.

Well said. A point i tried to make in the summer where some said the anti CC feeling was whipped up by some on here. The Hibbys i am friends with tend not to post on messageboards (they tell me that they have a 'life' - what's that?:greengrin) and rest assured they are much more P'd off with our club and Manager than most on here....

scoopyboy
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
McLeish kicked him out. Latapy had no choice in the matter.

Nah, no accepting that jr.

If Latapy hadn't went on the sauce and breaking club rules by doing so then McLeish would not have had the issue to deal with.

That's like blaming the sentencing judge for Fred West's crimes.

c31
05-09-2011, 11:59 AM
and by going on the piss with his mates he weakened us for the SCF two/three weeks later

scoopyboy
05-09-2011, 12:04 PM
I have no issue with this Scoop and he brought in revenue at a time when "much needed" is a bit of an understatement. But dont forget that this was 1990 and we were still five years away from the Bosman ruling. Things were very different regarding contracts with a lot of power still with the clubs.

The man is Celtic to the core, his whole family is, and when the opportunity arose, in 1996 one year after the Bosman ruling, to move for free to Monaco he took it. Wee Fergus even tried to argue that Bosman didnt apply as Monaco was a sovereign state and not a member of the EU. I am not knocking him as I said we would probably all do it.

Regarding Latapy you have to ask why McLeish did what he did at the time he did it. With hindsight the decision is no easier to explain.

The overall point I was trying to get across was that there appear to be a lot of comments and bad feeling towards Nid because he went to Rangers, there are those that don't feel testimonials should be played but that's a different matter, but there appears to no such resentment towards others who have gone west, or elsewhere.

I agree with your overall point.

What I had to sort out in my own mind was did Ian Murray deserve a testimonial. In the end I went and enjoyed myself so was quite happy but I still felt I had to justify it to myself. I have no gripe with Ian Murray as a Hibs player whatsoever but this doesn't mean he deserved a testimonial.

I started work at my present company in 1976 but left in 1980. I returned in 1991. If I was to be made redundant I would only get payment from 1991 because it is broken service. Ian Murray's service is also broken and that is what put the doubt in my mind.

I know others who rate Ian Murray highly as a player who didn't go, not because they didn't admire him but they felt he didn't deserve it.

truehibernian
05-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Nah, no accepting that jr.

If Latapy hadn't went on the sauce and breaking club rules by doing so then McLeish would have hadn't the issue to deal with.

That's like blaming the sentencing judge for Fred West's crimes.

Totally agree scoopy........Latapy would have made a huge difference on cup final day, so it's annoying what he did.

As an aside he should also have been fined for driving a Volkswagon Beetle with a flower in it :greengrin

Franck is God
05-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I would have liked to have seen the legends game but I didn't feel that Murray deserved his testimonial so I didn't go.

I have nothing against Ian Murray, I had no issue with him running down his deal and leaving and didn't care that it was Rangers but the way he left meant I had a real problem with him coming back.

keep the faith
05-09-2011, 12:33 PM

That's very well put and covers how I feel too. The group of posters who make up about 50% of contributions on here are but a small percentage of the overall support. While no one doubts the super posters Passion for the club, there is something in the suggestion that the intensity of feeling on this forum is not the across the board view of the support at large.

Hope that makes sense.

RIP
05-09-2011, 01:42 PM

That's very well put and covers how I feel too. The group of posters who make up about 50% of contributions on here are but a small percentage of the overall support. While no one doubts the super posters Passion for the club, there is something in the suggestion that the intensity of feeling on this forum is not the across the board view of the support at large.

The rest in their words 'have a life!'. I hear opinions on here that I rarely hear on the terracing

Hope that makes sense.

:top marks

Thank you folks and apologies to anyone who was upset my by comments - my words were clumsy.

Hibby D and Keep The Faith have said in a much more articulate manner what I was feeling. I know ten Hibs Season Ticket holders in the Perth area. 2 (Me and Stevie C) post on here, both for separate reasons. The others are hacked off about results but aren't prone to all the hand-wringing, greetin and wailin that we witness on here. I'm sure the supporters that were not there on Sunday missed a great day out and a few will be kicking themselves if they could have gone and didn't. A few deliberately didn't go - fair dos. But everybody that regards themselves a Hibs Supporter has the right to support the team in any way they choose.

I'm sure the vast majority of posters on Hibs.Net don't believe that the cross-section of views on here are reresentative of our wider support. Messageboards attract the more opinionated person who likes spending time on the internet (including me) - not the average supporter at the games. In fact I'm sure there are a few posters who never attend Easter Road at all - and no I'm no talking about our overseas Hibbies. :devil:

Albion Hibs
05-09-2011, 02:29 PM
:top marks

Thank you folks and apologies to anyone who was upset my by comments - my words were clumsy.

Hibby D and Keep The Faith have said in a much more articulate manner what I was feeling. I know ten Hibs Season Ticket holders in the Perth area. 2 (Me and Stevie C) post on here, both for separate reasons. The others are hacked off about results but aren't prone to all the hand-wringing, greetin and wailin that we witness on here. I'm sure the supporters that were not there on Sunday missed a great day out and a few will be kicking themselves if they could have gone and didn't. A few deliberately didn't go - fair dos. But everybody that regards themselves a Hibs Supporter has the right to support the team in any way they choose.

I'm sure the vast majority of posters on Hibs.Net don't believe that the cross-section of views on here are reresentative of our wider support. Messageboards attract the more opinionated person who likes spending time on the internet (including me) I - not the average supporter at the games. In fact I'm sure there are a few posters who never attend Easter Road at all - and no I'm no talking about our overseas Hibbies. :devil:

I would agree with that, even if you gave them a ticket and offered to drive them there and back. The only bit i dont agree with is "a few"!!

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Have they announced the crowd yesterday?:confused:

ronaldo7
05-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Have they announced the crowd yesterday?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 03:43 PM

Cheers pal. :aok:

MWHIBBIES
05-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Best part of the day was when a Hibs fan said ''You don't look very pleased John'' to Hughes when has was signing autographs and Yogi replied with ''you's weren't happy when you were 4th were you'' :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Best part of the day was when a Hibs fan said ''You don't look very pleased John'' to Hughes when has was signing autographs and Yogi replied with ''you's weren't happy when you were 4th were you'' :greengrin

:greengrin

RIP
05-09-2011, 04:45 PM

OK Beefster - hopefully I've now apologised and admitted I wasn't having a pop at my fellow Hibbies.

However please don't confuse someone being a Hibs12thMan activist with the Singing Section or 12thMan.

I don't represent H12M although I am an activist. There are about ten who organise and a couple of dozen others who help with Green Day, Turnbull Flag, 100Flag displays, balloons, marches, singing sections at The Pink Bus Shelter, Songs, SRTRC and other stuff. 50 other supporters recently donated to and raised £500 for storage for flags. There's a few hundred in the Singing Section, dependent on the match and 2,000 supporters of the initiative on Facebook. And at Easter Road on matchday all but the away support are the 12thMan - say 10,000?.

Not so tiny a group :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
05-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Hope some replied by saying....no John we weren't happy with the 35% win record you mustered up, 4th was previous season, you have to move on and stop living in the past John like you did in the last remaining weeks of your stay and now nearly a year later you are still going on about it!!!!!:wink:

3pm
05-09-2011, 07:36 PM

Bitter and twisted folk ken whit's goan oan.

The Falcon
05-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Hope some replied by saying....no John we weren't happy with the 35% win record you mustered up, 4th was previous season, you have to move on and stop living in the past John like you did in the last remaining weeks of your stay and now nearly a year later you are still going on about it!!!!!:wink:

Did no one ask him what he's doing now?

TheDude
05-09-2011, 08:03 PM
I never attended because of two reasons;

1) Ian Murray doesnt need my money. The guy has had a (very) generously paid job over the last ten years. While it is true that most footballers have a short lifespan in the game I cant see any reason why he cant get a job after his time as a footballer ends. Ian isnt some part-timer who has scraped by the last few years.

2) Testimonals should be left until a club legend actually leaves the club. Murray should have a number of good years left at ER, why pay homage to his years of service now? The ten years tradition is one that should be left behind.

Wait until the boy is on the verge of retirement, have him nominate a charity and then we can pay service to a local lad who played for his team until the end of his carrer.

smurf
05-09-2011, 08:46 PM

That's actually quite funny...

He looked like he was enjoying himself yesterday.

But what a disaster you were Yogi as manager...

nortonhibby
05-09-2011, 10:01 PM

he should never had a testimonial he deserted us at his peak and probably earned more in a month when ther than he did from yesterdays farce.
None of my fellow pals who go to the games went and no shame felt here as its most likely his last season anyway and his recent form is :confused:

keep the faith
05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
he should never had a testimonial he deserted us at his peak and probably earned more in a month when ther than he did from yesterdays farce.
None of my fellow pals who go to the games went and no shame felt here as its most likely his last season anyway and his recent form is :confused:

That "farce" was the most enjoyable afternoon at Easter road for years.

Put together by a player who really understands the club.

Hope you enjoyed the day Ian.

Hibby D
05-09-2011, 10:34 PM

Nothing whatsoever farcical about yesterday. I've yet to hear anyone who was there give anything but praise for the days events.

PeeJay
06-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Did no one ask him what he's doing now?

He's maybe down Easter Road way on match days watching the improvements in management, players, results, league position, thinking "So that's how you do it!"... :smug:

scoopyboy
06-09-2011, 05:46 AM
I never attended because of two reasons;

1) Ian Murray doesnt need my money. The guy has had a (very) generously paid job over the last ten years. While it is true that most footballers have a short lifespan in the game I cant see any reason why he cant get a job after his time as a footballer ends. Ian isnt some part-timer who has scraped by the last few years.

2) Testimonals should be left until a club legend actually leaves the club. Murray should have a number of good years left at ER, why pay homage to his years of service now? The ten years tradition is one that should be left behind.

Wait until the boy is on the verge of retirement, have him nominate a charity and then we can pay service to a local lad who played for his team until the end of his carrer.

This was your chance to pay service, this will be his last season playing at Easter Road.

He did nominate a charity.

The Falcon
06-09-2011, 07:40 AM
He's maybe down Easter Road way on match days watching the improvements in management, players, results, league position, thinking "So that's how you do it!"... :smug:

Theres his mistake right there. :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
06-09-2011, 08:32 AM
As stated earlier, I wasn't there, mainly because it is a helluva long way to fly and my company would not give me the time off:greengrin. However had I been at home I would have gone. NOt for the sake of Ian Murray but for purely selfish little old my sake. Just to see these guys playing one more time.

nortonhibby
06-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Nothing whatsoever farcical about yesterday. I've yet to hear anyone who was there give anything but praise for the days events.

Fair enough if you attended i and every One of my Hibby fellow Supporters did not attend for the same reasons Mr Rangers can sit with his 2700 and odd pals and enjoy the day.

The other 40k proper fans see through him:na na:

basehibby
07-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Fair enough if you attended i and every One of my Hibby fellow Supporters did not attend for the same reasons Mr Rangers can sit with his 2700 and odd pals and enjoy the day.

Ooooh will you hark at Mr Uber-Fan himself :worms::fishin::stirrer::wtf:

I wasn't at the game on Sunday - chose to watch the serious stuff the night before (just like watching the Hibs at the mo anyway) and allocate the sunday to some much needed family time.

Would have very much liked to have gone though - sounded like a great day out and heaps entertaining - which totally scuppers the spurious kak spouted above BTW - unless of course I'm not one of the "40K proper fans" :rolleyes:

smurf
07-09-2011, 08:31 AM

"Mr Rangers"? Deary me...

marinello59
07-09-2011, 08:43 AM
"Mr Rangers"? Deary me...

I don't think he was being serious......more of a fishing expedition there. I hope.

keep the faith
07-09-2011, 02:10 PM

Unbelievable!!

.Sean.
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Fair enough if you attended i and every One of my Hibby fellow Supporters did not attend for the same reasons Mr Rangers can sit with his 2700 and odd pals and enjoy the day.The other 40k proper fans see through him:na na: What a dick. The same I can't say about Mr Murray, whith whom I was in the company of on Sunday for the first time. A fantastic chap, a credit to the club and just a genuinely pleasant and humble guy.

SunshineOnLeith
07-09-2011, 05:21 PM
2,796 :faf:

Albion Hibs
07-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Get a life. I would have no doubt in the world that Murray is a bigger and better hibs fan than you could ever hope to be....which is not saying much given that I suspect you are a yam at the wind up.