PDA

View Full Version : Who is Don Cowie

Forthview
03-09-2011, 08:15 PM
And why did Potter take off Charlie Adam and bring on Don Cowie:confused:
What has he done to become a Scotland player who replaces a £10M Liverpool player.
Is it another of these mysteries that only fitba people ken the answer to?

Dinkydoo
03-09-2011, 08:23 PM
What has he done to become a Scotland player who replaces a £10M Liverpool player.

Didn't he used to play for ICT a few seasons ago?

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Didn't he used to play for ICT a few seasons ago?

Aye :agree:

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Plays for Cardiff. Google is your friend.

sunshine1875
03-09-2011, 08:36 PM

Is this another dig at Levein! I though Cowie (ex ICT & Watford and now at Cardiff) played well when he came on. I did not think Adam had his best game.

leither17
03-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I was drinking with his uncle after the game he was telling me he was in tears when he got on they were going back to the highlands tonight then back down midweek for the next game

Hiber-nation
03-09-2011, 09:04 PM

If you underperform to the extent Adam did today then what do you expect? He was lucky to last an hour. Cowie couldn't have done any worse.

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 09:11 PM

Dorrans should have been on the bench today.

Allant1981
03-09-2011, 09:25 PM
IMO charlie adam is way over rated and should have been off a lot earlier, cowie is a good player to have come on

coco22
03-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Dorrans should have been on the bench today.

am surprised he wasnt involved (dont know if he's been injured?). think he's looked good for scotland and would certainly have added a target for the, very predictable, 'chip over the full back' ball that the midfield insisted on trying

Reaper
03-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Been doing really well in England since he went down, Watford tried like hell to keep him but Mackay was desperate to get him to Cardiff. Very highly rated in the Championship.

500miles
03-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Very creative, very direct, strong and hardworking.

Cowie is a cracking player.

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Did Mixu not tried to sign him for us a few years ago. :dunno:

skipster7
03-09-2011, 11:06 PM
If you underperform to the extent Adam did today then what do you expect? He was lucky to last an hour. Cowie couldn't have done any worse.
:agree: tried the same world cup pass almost every time and seemed to head straight down the tunnel :confused: i thought cowie looked ok and added a bit energy.

bob12345
03-09-2011, 11:55 PM
To add to reasons given already, Adam was injured.

Bayern Bru
04-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Did Mixu not tried to sign him for us a few years ago. :dunno:

We were certainly linked with him.

frazeHFC
04-09-2011, 07:50 AM
I think he is a very good player.

PeterboroHibee
04-09-2011, 08:17 AM

Whats Adam's team or transfer value got to do with anything? He was having a very ordinary game, got subbed and they brought on Cowie, so what? At least Cowie is actually Scottish unlike a lot of the national team these days.

seven nowt
04-09-2011, 11:49 AM
I think Don Cowies's a good player. I for one knew who Don Cowie is and I don't see how others don't.

Spike Mandela
04-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Don Cowie would be a first pick in the Hibs yeam every week.

leither17
04-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Don Cowie would be a first pick in the Hibs yeam every week.

i think he would walk into any spl team at the moment

Scouse Hibee
04-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Don Cowie asked who are Hibs?

marinello59
04-09-2011, 06:56 PM
I think Don Cowies's a good player. I for one knew who Don Cowie is and I don't see how others don't.

:agree:

sunshine1875
04-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Don Cowie asked who are Hibs?

:faf:

sunshine1875
07-09-2011, 10:59 AM
I thought Don Cowie played well last night and it was a pity that his early shot was a bit too high.

Well played, Don.

rubber mal
07-09-2011, 11:47 AM

Because sometimes people think that their own ignorance is a reason to question a player's credentials.

patlowe
07-09-2011, 11:59 AM
He's a very decent player IMO. Laughably, the Scotsman (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/How-the-Scotland-players-rated.6832014.jp) gave him a 4 last night and second-half sub Crainey a 5. :confused: Who makes up these ridiculous ratings? Though the article uses the words "composure" and "admirable" when describing Berra's performance so you can't take any of it seriously.

frazeHFC
07-09-2011, 09:23 PM
He's a very decent player IMO. Laughably, the Scotsman (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/How-the-Scotland-players-rated.6832014.jp) gave him a 4 last night and second-half sub Crainey a 5. :confused: Who makes up these ridiculous ratings? Though the article uses the words "composure" and "admirable" when describing Berra's performance so you can't take any of it seriously.

Seriously, :wtf:

totalfootball
08-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Im quite pally with don's brother and through him I know exactly how hard don has worked throughout his career, also if there was a player that covered more ground on tuesday night id be amazed. Hes a good player and as someone else said at least hes actually scottish! OFC he would walk into any spl side at the moment and I think u should save your disrespectful posts for someone like Caldwell who has never learned the lessons since he was breaking into the Hibs team, he gets too tight turned easily and gives away fouls on the edge of the box.

patlowe
08-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Im quite pally with don's brother and through him I know exactly how hard don has worked throughout his career, also if there was a player that covered more ground on tuesday night id be amazed. Hes a good player and as someone else said at least hes actually scottish! OFC he would walk into any spl side at the moment and I think u should save your disrespectful posts for someone like Caldwell who has never learned the lessons since he was breaking into the Hibs team, he gets too tight turned easily and gives away fouls on the edge of the box.

Totally agree re: Caldwell, though I think he's useful to have around as he is a decent passer of the ball.

Was listening to Malky Mackay talking about Cowie and he reckons he's about the fittest player he's ever worked with. Seems to be very highly thought of down south.

andudare2
09-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Totally agree re: Caldwell, though I think he's useful to have around as he is a decent passer of the ball.

Was listening to Malky Mackay talking about Cowie and he reckons he's about the fittest player he's ever worked with. Seems to be very highly thought of down south.my son played alongside don when he was on loan(son) to ross county, cowie was only a bairn then but in my son,s opinion he was destined to go to the top, fit as a fiddle , & lots of ability. looks like he was right. as for original poster get real mate. no doubt adam is a good player, huns still kicking themselves, however def. not ireplaceable.

Hibiza
09-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Don Cowie... Mrs Cowies laddie.