PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown today...

FromTheCapital
03-09-2011, 08:00 PM
I was actually at the game & you may not have seen it on the telly but Scott Brown was absolutely superb in the 2nd half.
He had a so-so 1st half, he gave away a silly yellow which makes him out of the Lithuania game.
But he chased every ball and won the ball back on a couple of occassions.
All in all, I thought Scotland played ok but had the referee not given two bad pen decisions, we would've won the match.
Now, TBH...Were out, we have to win our next 3 games of which 1 is away to Spain.
Ah well, World Cup qualifiers next year...

We'll be coming!!!

:saltireflag

hibsbollah
03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I was actually at the game & you may not have seen it on the telly but Scott Brown was absolutely superb in the 2nd half.He had a so-so 1st half, he gave away a silly yellow which makes him out of the Lithuania game.But he chased every ball and won the ball back on a couple of occassions.All in all, I thought Scotland played ok but had the referee not given two bad pen decisions, we would've won the match.Now, TBH...Were out, we have to win our next 3 games of which 1 is away to Spain.Ah well, World Cup qualifiers next year...We'll be coming!!!:saltireflag Totally agree, he turned it round second half. Shame his main out ball was Naismith, who had a shocker.

Forthview
03-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Agreed, I was also there.
A reminder that he is a good football player, unlike Naysmith who was yet again horrific in a Scotland shirt, every move broke down when he got on the ball.

yekimevol
03-09-2011, 08:28 PM
yeh it was almost the brown that we used to see week in week out, ive not scene him play like that in a long time, probably the hibs st j game at the pbs

Billy Whizz
03-09-2011, 08:47 PM
yeh it was almost the brown that we used to see week in week out, ive not scene him play like that in a long time, probably the hibs st j game at the pbs

He played a bit further forward inthe 2nd half where he is more effective. I don't see why some Managers play him as a holding midfielder?

woody47
03-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Today was the SB we used to watch with Hibs. Great game today. Just a pity he had so much ****** around him.

greenlex
03-09-2011, 09:14 PM
It was a shocker of a tackle for his booking it has to be said.:agree:

coco22
03-09-2011, 09:32 PM
scott brown was class in the 2nd half. also thought fletcher had a better game than usual in a scotland shirt.

Reaper
03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
He must be a Transformer, cos when I watched the 1st half, he was ****in honkin (Only watched the 1st)

skipster7
04-09-2011, 07:57 PM
He must be a Transformer, cos when I watched the 1st half, he was ****in honkin (Only watched the 1st)

i thought he put himself on a tightrope (could have been a straight red) and it affected him for the rest of the game.i thought he was just ok but gave them far to much room and even gave the ball away for their first with an unecessary turn with an easy pass on inside.opinions ! i also thought adam was very poor.

hibsbollah
04-09-2011, 08:17 PM
i thought he put himself on a tightrope (could have been a straight red) and it affected him for the rest of the game.i thought he was just ok but gave them far to much room and even gave the ball away for their first with an unecessary turn with an easy pass on inside.opinions ! i also thought adam was very poor.

Wow. I thought Adam Fletcher and Brown were all excellent in the second half. Opinions, eh, as we like to say.

skipster7
04-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow. I thought Adam Fletcher and Brown were all excellent in the second half. Opinions, eh, as we like to say.
agree about fletcher but felt the rest did little to stem the tide of mostly one way traffic,even fletch got robbed on the edge of his own box before the dive.maybe being too harsh but nobody got close enough to rosicky all game.