PDA

View Full Version : Walter Smith.

silverhibee
03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Just said on Sky Sports 2 that he is having second thoughts about retiring from Rangers, could he be the man to replace CC if CC doesn't get a result against Aberdeen next week.
I suppose the big question would be could Hibs afford him.

Westie1875
03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Just said on Sky Sports 2 that he is having second thoughts about retiring from Rangers, could he be the man to replace CC if CC doesn't get a result against Aberdeen next week.

I'd take him, don't think he would come to us though, can you imagine him working for Petrie?

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
I'd Take him but i don't think he will want to come here with the Budget Petrie would give him.

Lofarl
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Not a chance he will be Hibs manager. More likely the pressure will be on Potter, he goes and uncle Walter gets the job again.

smurf
03-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Ridiculous to suggest he would leave the Huns a club he loves to come to ER a few weeks later!!

He wouldn't take any job in Scotland.

The Falcon
03-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Not a chance he will be Hibs manager. More likely the pressure will be on Potter, he goes and uncle Walter gets the job again.

Not a hope in hell.

Those that consider that this is possible and will be scuppered by the dastardly Rod need a severe reality check.

Seriously.

Nando™
03-09-2011, 04:44 PM
IMO the only 2 teams he would ever consider managing again are Rangers and Scotland.

Watty for Scotland please.

bob12345
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I would prefer Mourinho, if possible.

Hibbyradge
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I'd Take him but i don't think he will want to come here with the Budget Petrie would give him.

Would that be the same budget that we can't afford that he has given to Calderwood?

Where should Hibs look for money for the player budget?

BroxburnHibee
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Think he's probably positioning himself to replace Levein - no chance he's coming to Hibs.

The_Todd
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
He'll only be wanting a short-term job whilst waiting for Sally McCoist to get sacked, so the Hibs job would be ideal.

ScottB
03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
He wouldn't come to us, as much as he would be a damn good bet to sort us out.

I'd have him back in the Scotland job in a heartbeat. How McCoist is doing with basically the same squad shows clearly his greatest strength as a manager, and why we need him for Scotland (unless Sir Alex can ever be persuaded!); the ability to motivate a group of players to perform beyond their abilities. Levein simply can't seem to do this with Scotland. Smith did, and would do again I'm sure.

Scouse Hibee
03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Rod should approach uncle Walter:

Rod- "Walter your a crap manager"
Walter- "Who the **** are you, do you realise what I won with Rangers?"
Rod- "Anybody could have managed those Rangers teams to glory with the cash you had available"
Walter- "**** you Rod everyone acknowledges how good I am"
Rod- "You couldn't do it at Everton without the cash advantage over the other teams"
Walter - " I'm ****in great I tell you"
Rod- "Prove it"
Walter- "Right I will, without the money I'll manage Hibs and prove it"
Rod- " You're hired"

:greengrin

Big Frank
03-09-2011, 05:36 PM

my thoughts too.

would love him at ER!

But then to get him our board would have to be serious....

Dinkydoo
03-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Not a chance he's coming to Hibs.

Smith to replace Potter after yet another failed qualifying "campaign" .

BoltonHibee
03-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Ridiculous to suggest he would leave the Huns a club he loves to come to ER a few weeks later!!

He wouldn't take any job in Scotland.

Correct, he won't be managing in Scotland. National Team, possibly but not a club side.

Green and white
03-09-2011, 06:58 PM
director of football at rangers most likely. much like damian camoli's role at lfc I can imagen

Albion Hibs
03-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Not a chance in hell he would be the hibs manager even if we could afford him. There is more chance of Rod appointing a management team made up of Hibs net members.

coco22
03-09-2011, 07:25 PM
i think he is a stick on to go back to ibrox, walter 'the saviour' brings the title and the fans back - can see it now. he's the kind of guy we so badly need but sadly is not on our radar

Kaiser1962
03-09-2011, 07:31 PM
i think he is a stick on to go back to ibrox, walter 'the saviour' brings the title and the fans back - can see it now. he's the kind of guy we so badly need but sadly is not on our radar

Good manager but he would not even consider coming to Hibs even if we could offer him the kind of money he needs, which would be the kind of money that made David Murray lose his nerve.

As much chance of landing Wenger.

KeithTheHibby
03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Not a chance in hell he would be the hibs manager even if we could afford him. There is more chance of Rod appointing a management team made up of Hibs net members.

If that was the case I would like to see BlackpoolHibs appointed as he knows everything.:greengrin

Golden Bear
03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Thankfully not a chance in hell.

Albion Hibs
03-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Thankfully not a chance in hell.

Are you talking about Walter or Blackpoolhibs?

Bostonhibby
03-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Nae chance, last I heard he was enjoying retirement too much, mind you wee sally might be round to kick his cane away just in case.:wink:

Haymaker
03-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Scotland job for sure, would be a nice retirement gig, every couple of months you pick a side of players, drill them and play. Rest of the time you just take in whatever games you fancy. Wouldnt mind that!

weonlywon6-2
04-09-2011, 08:14 AM

i think it will all hinge on how super ally gets on. if he does well walter wont go back as manager,if ally fails then step up walter smith.

he is the sort of manager we need at hibs and i think it is a postion that he would take if everything else fitted.

harry potter will be in charge of scotland for a while yet imho as we need to have a settled squad.

tin hat time,would rather martin o`neil at hibs.he had celtic playing very good football and his passion on the sidelines is brilliant.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2011, 08:16 AM
If that was the case I would like to see BlackpoolHibs appointed as he knows everything.:greengrin

Not sure even I could mould this bunch of wasters into a team, although I'd make a better job than this clown, and still do my other two jobs in my spare time.

KeithTheHibby
04-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Not sure even I could mould this bunch of wasters into a team, although I'd make a better job than this clown, and still do my other two jobs in my spare time.

I like your straight to the point say what you see attitude. If Rod is looking for references give me a shout.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
04-09-2011, 08:34 AM

Stop hiding your light under a bushel. Of course you could.

But it would eat into your time wooing obese Hun chicks.

Seriously, Walt Disney would be a better manager than Walt Smith for the current bunch.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm over that fetish now Bob, you taught me a very good lesson there, no good can ever come from joining up with a hun, especially in a romantic way. We are both well out of that sir, onwards and upwards as they say.

Hermit Crab
04-09-2011, 09:49 AM

:wtf: Are you :ill: ?

DH1875
04-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Think the alcohol must have been flowing last night :faf:. There's absolutely no chance of him being the manager.

SanFranHibs
04-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Are we taling about 500,000 a year/season?

And what is CC on? (Please keep answers to this part strictly financial...:wink:)

what is the difference we would be talking about 400-500k, only 20,000-25,000 at 20 a ticket per season.

Surely Walter is not in the million a year bracket, even with Rangers.

Of course I am probably just getting old and out of touch. It is still a florin to get in the pictures isn't it?

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Are we taling about 500,000 a year/season?

And what is CC on? (Please keep answers to this part strictly financial...:wink:)

what is the difference we would be talking about 400-500k, only 20,000-25,000 at 20 a ticket per season.

Surely Walter is not in the million a year bracket, even with Rangers.

Of course I am probably just getting old and out of touch. It is still a florin to get in the pictures isn't it?

The flaw with that plan being Hibs attendances have only averaged over 15k once in the last 50 years.

Are folk seriously thinking Smith would even contemplate coming to ER?

SanFranHibs
04-09-2011, 05:01 PM
The flaw with that plan being Hibs attendances have only averaged over 15k once in the last 50 years.

Are folk seriously thinking Smith would even contemplate coming to ER?

Given about 20 home games only 1000,-1500 a game.

I was not saying I thought he would take this job. I am just wondering what the managers in Scotland get.

Hibrandenburg
04-09-2011, 05:09 PM
IMO the only 2 teams he would ever consider managing again are Rangers and Scotland.

Watty for Scotland please.

No way, he burnt his bridges.

jakki
04-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I reckon Hibs go for a new First!

First FEMALE manager in SPL. I could bring a lot of attributes to the post. Followed the Auld Kirk F C , Ferranti Thistle and then Hibs and not forgetting the Harvester FC in Livi and knowing where their downfall lay.

Also dealt wi a lot of adolencent teenage boys. God help them if they stepped out of line. Mama Marydoll had the last word and believe me, they knew that it was the last word! I could have that whole squad match fit within a week ( As long as Petry didn't back up the players).

Ok just a joke but we need someone who puts the foot down and says " Fine get yerself fit or you're off ski" Nae need for any piss up player at our club.

The Falcon
04-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Given about 20 home games only 1000,-1500 a game.

I was not saying I thought he would take this job. I am just wondering what the managers in Scotland get.

The managers of the OF wont starve any time soon. As for us I am sure I read on here that CC was the cheap option when we signed him but when there was interest from other clubs we were told that, apparently, he was on quite a wedge.

Be a lot less than the dodgers or the huns pay anyway.

Since90+2
04-09-2011, 05:55 PM
If we are going down the road of looking at ex Old Firm managers I would prefer Martin OŽNeill :wink: