PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Scotland 2 vs 2 Czech Republic

Sir David Gray
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Massive chance for Milan Baros after four minutes.

Almost as bad as Chris Iwelumo's miss against Norway.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2011, 02:08 PM
We need to be better than this, could be 2 down already.

stokesmessiah
03-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Lot more ponderous start than i expected !!

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Come on Scotland FFS

stokesmessiah
03-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Brown - Clown !

hibsbollah
03-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Broonie now misses the Lithuania game.

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Brown booked and misses the Lithuania game

FRes Hibbie
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Anyone got any streaming sites they could recommend for the game?

hibsbollah
03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Adam could have got a straight red for that challenge in the box. Czechs looking very strong.

Allant1981
03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Hutton looks no where near fit enough for this game

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Looking a bit ragged as Provan says, not tracking the runners from midfield giving the defenders 2 against 1 at times.

Matty_Jack04
03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
The fact Potters no picked commons is biting us on the bum a little I feel Naismith and Morrison coming infield to much leaving the full backs exposed, the ball not sticking upfront for any period is another factor

offshorehibby
03-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Yessss 1-0 Scotland on 44mins

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Yessssss!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
03-09-2011, 02:50 PM
This must be the quietest match update thread ever.

Sent from the pub via beer goggles

hibbie02
I was about to say that we are playing with 10 men as Fletcher is doing nowt and they appear to be doing everything they can not to pass the ball to him......then he only goes and sets up Miller.... Anyway, he is still a passenger and we need more bite in midfield. Brown has been neutralised by the booking and we need more control in the middle.

Wotherspiniesta
Naismith and Brown having a nightmare.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
It's obviously good that we've got the goal and are ahead at half time but that first half was very poor from Scotland.

Could have been 2-0 down after 5 minutes, should have conceded a penalty, could have been down to 10 men and didn't have a single shot at goal prior to the goal going in.

I won't be complaining if it's still 1-0 after 90 minutes, though.

Brown should come off as he's done nothing since getting booked, Hutton doesn't look fit and Naismith has been garbage.

offshorehibby
03-09-2011, 03:11 PM
I thought Scotland had more of the ball and a couple of good spells of pressure but the Czechs had the better scoring chances.

hibsbollah
03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Brown doing much better this half IMO. Berra playing well too.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Brown doing much better this half IMO. Berra playing well too.

While i dont think Berra could play much worse, he still treats the ball like a hot tattie. He does not fill me with any confidence.

hibsbollah
03-09-2011, 03:22 PM
While i dont think Berra could play much worse, he still treats the ball like a hot tattie. He does not fill me with any confidence.

He went down like a brown trout there....

hibsbollah
03-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Morrison also doing well. Shame about the rick astley 'do.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2011, 03:26 PM
He went down like a brown trout there....

Did not think he fouled the player. we are sitting very deep now just inviting them on, with a few players who are running on empty. Looks like a nervous last 20 mins, when has it been any different? :greengrin

plhibs
03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
We are sitting back and begging for them to score.:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2011, 03:35 PM
We are sitting back and begging for them to score.:rolleyes:

It was only a matter of time. :rolleyes:

Sylar
03-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Danny Wilson on the park less than 5 minutes and loses his man, leaving him unmarked at the back post to fire it over and in.

**** off Levein :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 03:36 PM
1-1 F*** Off Scotland.

essexhibee
03-09-2011, 03:37 PM
That's us out?

Sylar
03-09-2011, 03:38 PM
That's us out?

Maybe no :greengrin

plhibs
03-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Midfield has been a shambles and he cant change it.

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 03:39 PM
2-1 Fletcher :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sylar
03-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Great finish from Darren Fletcher - now we need to keep them oot!

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
get in there ya beauty.

FRes Hibbie
03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
What a ball!

offshorehibby
03-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Kenny Miller nice we move in from wing brilliant pass into, of all people Fletcher and 2-1 ya dancer.

ancienthibby
It was only a matter of time. :rolleyes:

..... before you got smacked in the mouth!:greengrin

essexhibee
Jesus ****ing Christ. Never in a million.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2011, 03:43 PM
..... before you got smacked in the mouth!:greengrin

:greengrin We looked dead and buried when they equalized, i wouldnt have put money on us getting another. :top marks:top marks:top marks

YehButNoBut
03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
FFS soft pen little or no contact there, 2-2

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 03:47 PM
F*** Off Wilson

2-2

silverhibee
No way back now, why did Potter bring on Wilson in the first place.

Sylar
Cheating *******s - both the referee and the little Czech scrotum.

essexhibee
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't believe this.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM
No way back now, why did Potter bring on Wilson in the first place.

I cant believe he did that unless Bardsley was injured?

Cool_Hand_Luke
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Ref has had a shocker :agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2011, 03:51 PM
This ref has had a mare. :rolleyes:

Sylar
03-09-2011, 03:51 PM
And he denies a stonewall penalty to us.

Cheating ****. Absolute cheating ****.

silverhibee
03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Will Potter keep his job.?

Wotherspiniesta
03-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Can we have a restrospective turn over of that result? Cheating *****.

The_Exile
03-09-2011, 03:55 PM
This is why this sport has been dying on it's erse for the past few decades, cheating is acceptable, I'm ashamed to watch stuff like this. They did have a penalty denied in the 1st half, ref might have just been looking for an excuse to give one.

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Absoulte Cheating ******* *****.

Lofarl
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Let's greet like **** to the authorities, it works for Celtic. We can get a by into the tournament.

hibsbollah
03-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I cannot ****ing believe those two decisions.

Sir David Gray
I don't mind losing (or drawing) against the better team but that today was blatant cheating by the Czechs and unbelievable incompetence by the referee.

That guy dived for their penalty, there was literally zero contact from Danny Wilson and that was a stonewall penalty for Christophe Berra in the last minute. How that clown could book him for diving is unreal.

It'll be mission impossible for Scotland now in terms of qualifying. We must beat Lithuania on Tuesday night to have any hopes now of getting second place and even then I don't fancy our chances.

It's a very sore one to take.

essexhibee
Mr stats man what does that mean now? What do we have to do to qualify? I just knew it. Knew that we would have to end up going to Spain trying to get a result.

Sylar
03-09-2011, 03:58 PM
If UEFA SERIOUSLY had a set of balls on them, they'd remove that referee from ever officiating another international game again.

Hiber-nation
03-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Totally Levein's fault. Should have hooked Naismith half an hour before he did. Their first goal was the result of him giving the ball away yet again, as he did the whole game, as well as not tracking back.

OK the ref was as bad as you can get but we have a half decent bunch of players here led by a complete muppet of a manager.

Moody Mulder
03-09-2011, 03:59 PM
gosh anyone would think that what happened in scotland today was a rarity,

dodgy ref gives out penalty ........ erm happens week in week out in scotland and ALWAYS in favour of the ugly sisters

ref does not award stonewall penalty .... shock horror, ive lost count the number of times opponents of the ugly sisters are denied stonewallers

sfa ...... maybe they got some poetic justice today for the brown nosed sychophant refs they employ in our game who's decisions ALWAYS favour the ugly sisters

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2011, 04:01 PM
gosh anyone would think that what happened in scotland today was a rarity,

dodgy ref gives out penalty ........ erm happens week in week out in scotland and ALWAYS in favour of the ugly sisters

ref does not award stonewall penalty .... shock horror, ive lost count the number of times opponents of the ugly sisters are denied stonewallers

sfa ...... maybe they got some poetic justice today for the brown nosed sychophant refs they employ in our game who's decisions ALWAYS favour the ugly sisters

So you're glad that we got beat cos it will get at the SFA? Get a grip.

easty
03-09-2011, 04:02 PM
The ref was bad but we played ****. No way we deserved anything more than a draw from that game.

How can we complain that they got a penalty for a soft challenge, but also complain that we didnt get a pen for an even softer challenge? Berra didnt need to go down, there were options there for him to square it to.

Wotherspiniesta
03-09-2011, 04:04 PM
The ref was bad but we played ****. No way we deserved anything more than a draw from that game.

How can we complain that they got a penalty for a soft challenge, but also complain that we didnt get a pen for an even softer challenge? Berra didnt need to go down, there were options there for him to square it to.

You're having a laugh eh?

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2011, 04:05 PM

You are kidding, yeah? You've got the two decisions the wrong way round. How can contact make for a softer challenge than no contact?

lucky
03-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Not a big Scotland fan but FFS it was like watching Hibs. Loads of missed placed passes, poor decisons by the manager and ref giving us nowt.

Hiber-nation
03-09-2011, 04:06 PM

:crazy:

SteveHFC
The sooner that clown Levein is out the better.

edwards
Thought Berra was outstanding today and played really well, Wilson made no contact what so ever and that was the difference between the penalties.
They made theirs look more convincing and there was no contact if Berra hadn't thrown himself and went down naturally we probably would have got it.

Cool_Hand_Luke
03-09-2011, 04:07 PM

There was absolutely no contact for their penalty, and although there was minimal contact for our claim...there was contact and it was a penalty :agree:

Sir David Gray
03-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Mr stats man what does that mean now? What do we have to do to qualify? I just knew it. Knew that we would have to end up going to Spain trying to get a result.

It means that the race for 2nd spot is as follows;

Czech Republic-Played 6, Points 10
Scotland-Played 5, Points 5
Lithuania-Played 6, Points 5
Liechtenstein-Played 6, Points 4

Scotland need a minimum of six points from their last three games to get 2nd spot so we must beat Lithuania and Liechtenstein to have any hope.

However, that is assuming that the Czechs lose their last two matches. If the Czech Republic gets anything out of their remaining two matches against Lithuania or Spain, Scotland will need to get at least a draw in Spain to get 2nd place.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2011, 04:10 PM

I can only assume that you haven't seen the game yet.

Check the highlights on the BBC tonight.

ZERO contact for their penalty and slight contact (albeit minimal) for our claim.

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Falkirk it's easy. We'll just have to beat Spain in Spain. Simples. Then win the playoffs. Then we win all our group games. Then all the knockouts up to the Final and then win the Euros. Even more simples.

:cup:

easty
03-09-2011, 04:12 PM
You are kidding, yeah? You've got the two decisions the wrong way round. How can contact make for a softer challenge than no contact?

Yeah, my bad, the other way around!

But I stand by my point, just because the Czech pen shouldnt be a pen doesnt mean that we deserve a soft one too. One bad decision doenst mean another should be given to even things out. In fact the Berra "pen" has nothing to do with the Czech penalty, it shouldn't even be considered. The ref was terrible the whole game, but he totally made the right call on Berra.

hibeedonald
03-09-2011, 04:12 PM
It means that the race for 2nd spot is as follows;

Czech Republic-Played 6, Points 10
Scotland-Played 5, Points 5
Lithuania-Played 6, Points 5
Liechtenstein-Played 6, Points 4

Scotland need a minimum of six points from their last three games to get 2nd spot so we must beat Lithuania and Liechtenstein to have any hope.

However, that is assuming that the Czechs lose their last two matches. If the Czech Republic gets anything out of their remaining two matches against Lithuania or Spain, Scotland will need to get at least a draw in Spain to get 2nd place.

I thought it was Lichtenstein they had to play?? Lithuania bet them before so a slither of hope there.

silverhibee
03-09-2011, 04:13 PM
I cant believe he did that unless Bardsley was injured?

Potter saying that Bardsley picked up an injury in the game, my beef is why is Wilson anywhere near the Scotland set up, the lad has only played a handful of games for Rangers and Liverpool but yet Potter thinks this lad is ready to play in the first team for Scotland, he may be a promising young lad and that is why Liverpool signed him but he should be learning his international trade with the under 21s at his age and not in the Scotland first team.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2011, 04:15 PM
I thought it was Lichtenstein they had to play?? Lithuania bet them before so a slither of hope there.

Nope, they play away to Lithuania on the same night that we play in Spain, which are the last matches of the group.

Hibernian Verse
Potter saying that Bardsley picked up an injury in the game, my beef is why is Wilson anywhere near the Scotland set up, the lad has only played a handful of games for Rangers and Liverpool but yet Potter thinks this lad is ready to play in the first team for Scotland, he may be a promising young lad and that is why Liverpool signed him but he should be learning his international trade with the under 21s at his age and not in the Scotland first team.

I'd have preferred Barry Robson at left back.

SteveHFC

The excat same with Forrest. Only played a handful of games for Celtic but is good enough for Scotland.

PeeJay
03-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Don't think we should hang this all on 2 wrong decisions by the ref - Scotland were absolutely awful. For a team that had to win the game, one has to wonder why the players kept bassing the ball sideways or back to the goalkeeper? No fight, no spirit - and the players looked jaded, off the pace and without a game plan right from the kick-off.

Levein's post-match comments are astonishing - Brown and Adam, e.g. were passing sideways and backwards most of the time as were most of the team for some reason, when you need to take the game to the Czechs this cannot count as having a great game - it's hiding, or shirking responsibility!

Letting the Czechs continue to come at you when time is running down instead of holding on to the ball or trying to do something practical with it in their half says it all - disappointed with a terrible Scottish performance. The Czechs weren't even that good!

Westie1875
03-09-2011, 04:18 PM

Where was Whittaker, we've seen him play left back for the huns plenty of times, surely a better option to cover than Wilson? Or what about Crainey? :confused:

Miller out for the next match too, time for Potter to kiss and make up with Steven Fletcher? :devil:

PeeJay
03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Where was Whittaker,

Yellow card suspension, I think?

trev the hat
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
How Potter did not make a sub in midfield at 1-0 is beyond me, they were dead on their feet. Had he made 1 or both subs at that time to beef the team up i have no doubt we could have easily seen the game out.
Instead he takes the easy option and hangs on and on then "goal" promptly followed by said sub. (so utterly predictable Harry)Grow sum FFS

Trev

johnrebus
03-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Forget the referee or blaming bad luck.

The only person to blame for this is the manager, who has consistently let the country down with his team selections and tactics.

Potter, GTF

:brickwall

skipster7
03-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Don't think we should hang this all on 2 wrong decisions by the ref - Scotland were absolutely awful. For a team that had to win the game, one has to wonder why the players kept bassing the ball sideways or back to the goalkeeper? No fight, no spirit - and the players looked jaded, off the pace and without a game plan right from the kick-off.

Levein's post-match comments are astonishing - Brown and Adam, e.g. were passing sideways and backwards most of the time as were most of the team for some reason, when you need to take the game to the Czechs this cannot count as having a great game - it's hiding, or shirking responsibility!

Letting the Czechs continue to come at you when time is running down instead of holding on to the ball or trying to do something practical with it in their half says it all - disappointed with a terrible Scottish performance. The Czechs weren't even that good!

mostly agree, thought browns tackle for the booking could have been a red,so stupid and for the rest of the game couldn't put a tackle in and chose to do a headless chicken routine instead.he also had comfortable possesion on the halfway line and tried a showboat turn instead of an easy pass,gave it away & 1-1!
As for adam,should have been a penalty with his stupid tackle,then proceeded to try a 50 yard switch of play almost every time he got the ball !! his set pieces were poor and it looked like he was going straight down the tunnel when subbed like billy big baws:confused:
Cant believe we played as if we were scared of them again:bitchy:
special mention to Fletcher and Kenny Miller who despite much criticism remains the best striker we have imo

brog
03-09-2011, 05:43 PM

I'm with you on this. I actually thought there was the tiniest contact for their pen, tho the guy then undoubtedly threw himself. Watch Wilson's reaction, he pretty much accepts the decision. Regardless, we deserved nothing from the game & if Berra's was a pen then their 1st half one was a stonewaller.
Why was Wilson on the park? This is a guy who's played more for Scotland than Liverpool! I'm sure he's a good prospect but he can't be expected to come on & play at this level when he gets no game time in England. Don't start me re Naismith's performance & our basic ball skills were atrocious. We scored our goals through a goalkeeping error & a guy slipping ( full credit to Fletcher/Miller for both ) & created absolutely nothing else! At the end of the day we have 5 points from 5 games, 3 of them from Liechenstein & that's p--- poor!

jdships
03-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Scotland got what they deserved - ONE POINT :bye:

Gala Foxes
03-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Levein - sold the jerseys with 0 ( nobody ) up front away against the Czechs

What else would you expect from someone that won :

(1) Nothing as a player

(2) Nothing as a Manager

ancient hibee
03-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Fletcher was magnificent in getting on the end of Miller's pass but as far as the midfield was concerned he was unsurprisingly off the pace with the result we never had any real control.Wilson was at fault for both goals as he was out of position both times.A poor choice by Levein.

essexhibee
03-09-2011, 06:00 PM
So who goes up front now?

Hiber-nation
03-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Fletcher was magnificent in getting on the end of Miller's pass but as far as the midfield was concerned he was unsurprisingly off the pace with the result we never had any real control.Wilson was at fault for both goals as he was out of position both times.A poor choice by Levein.

Especially as Crainey was on the bench. The same Craney who has been first choice in recent Scotland teams while Hutton has been out. Bizarre as usual from our esteemed manager.

Dinkydoo
03-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Every time we pressed the Czech's we looked like we would score. Unfortunately we only did this three of four times during the game.

Despite the dodgy penalty and then our booking for a dive - which really was a ****ing penalty - we gave them far too much respect, again. The blame for me has to lie at potter's feet, playing 1 striker at home against a poor opposition is an indication of exactly where our national side is heading under this clown.

For the past few years we have had the best team (if the selection and tactics were made properly) we've had for as long as I've been watching Scotland.

..............Gordon/McGregor.................

Hutton....Caldwell....Berra....Whittaker

.......................Brown...................... ....

Fletcher...........Adam............Naismith

............Fletcher.........Goodwillie/Miller

The above is one of many balanced teams we could field; we don't need to put 11 men behind the ball and wait to go on the counter attack every game.

Disclaimer: between Hibs doing ****, Scotland being poor and me being pished, there us no guarantee that any of the above is anything more than an emotionally charged drunken rant. :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
03-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Not a big Scotland fan but FFS it was like watching Hibs. Loads of missed placed passes, poor decisons by the manager and ref giving us nowt.

Exactly what I though too :agree: Panic at the back, can't do the simple things and struggling with fitness.

joe breezy
03-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Scotland were letting them come at us, shouldn't have allowed their players into the box at that stage

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.626135,0.041652

sunshine1875
03-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Highlights for those that did not see the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14757862.stm

ronaldo7
03-09-2011, 09:12 PM

:top marks

Posted missing for the first and out of position for the penalty challenge. The guys not a left back.

Spike Mandela
03-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Berra flies through the air like a brown trout!:wink: comedy gold as he embellishes what could have been a pen.

erin go bragh
03-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah, my bad, the other way around!

But I stand by my point, just because the Czech pen shouldnt be a pen doesnt mean that we deserve a soft one too. One bad decision doenst mean another should be given to even things out. In fact the Berra "pen" has nothing to do with the Czech penalty, it shouldn't even be considered. The ref was terrible the whole game, but he totally made the right call on Berra.
No way easty , he made wrong calls on both,wilson never touched the guy but still shouldnt have lunged in as mcgregor was getting the ball and berra was clipped but went down like he had been shot !

GGTTH

brog
04-09-2011, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=brog;2906860]I'm with you on this. I actually thought there was the tiniest contact for their pen, tho the guy then undoubtedly threw himself. Watch Wilson's reaction, he pretty much accepts the decision. Regardless, we deserved nothing from the game & if Berra's was a pen then their 1st half one was a stonewaller.

To reinforce this I saw the interview with Darren F who said " Danny said the guy made a meal of it " which indicates to me that Wilson knew he'd made some contact. Regardless, a point was the absolute max we deserved.
Separately, I thought Vlad Smicer's interview was refreshingly honest re both penalties & he didn't even mention the one they were denied. Contrast his behaviour with HP's girning.

Steve-O
04-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Abysmal refereeing, overall a fairly poor performance with a number of passengers in the team - Naismith for one is really not up to scratch at international level. Does he even do that well for Rangers? Plenty has been said about Wilson, and I'm not even sure I know who the **** Don Cowie is?

At times we were playing SO deep it was unbelievable. Negative goat Levein. About the best we can now hope for is to lose the rest of the games so that the unshaven Hertz prick will get the bullet!

essexhibee
04-09-2011, 09:01 AM
So a result in Spain now becomes a must......

Providing we win on Tuesday against Lithuania :rolleyes: then we will be on 8 points having played 6 games, 2 points behind the Czech's who are now on 10 points having played six games. From here, Czech's next game is Spain who should beat them, ours is Leichtenstein, who it should predicted we beat. That would leave us going into the last game v Spain on 11 points, with the Czech's on 10 heading into their final match v Lithuania.

However, if the Czech's beat Lithuania which you would suspect they would do, it will mean that they would be on 13 points, meaning we would have to win in Spain to get second place. A draw for the Czech's presuming we lose in Spain would see us on level points, then i presume it comes down to goal difference?? Coming down to the last game we have to equal or better the Czech's result or we are out. I think thats it :greengrin:greengrin

KEEP THE FAITH.

Spike Mandela
04-09-2011, 09:18 AM
On a different point WHY are we the only European nation that chooses to play our qualifiers on a Saturday at 3pm instead of a Friday evening?

A packed house at Hampden on an evening kick off is a much more intimidating place to come IMO.

R'Albin
04-09-2011, 09:23 AM
On a different point WHY are we the only European nation that chooses to play our qualifiers on a Saturday at 3pm instead of a Friday evening?

A packed house at Hampden on an evening kick off is a much more intimidating place to come IMO.

Because Strathclyde police moved it to a Saturday:rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
04-09-2011, 09:30 AM
I notice Levein lays "blame squarely on the shoulders of the referee" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14777083.stm) and Fletcher joins him in this and according to Wilson the player himself admitted there was no contact.

My point being that while the ref made the wrong decision in this instance and is receiving criticism, rightly, from Potter and others why has Potter, or anyone else, not pointed the finger at the player who cheated? The ref will probably be asked to explain himself and may even be removed from front line games for a while but the player himself will get a pat on the back from his team and the Scots wont criticise him openly, other than point out that it was a dive because they wont want to criticise a fellow pro , therefore their ire will be directed at the ref who has been conned. There will be no repercussions for the cheat or the team who benefited from the dishonesty.

The reason for this is that we would do it ourselves and we would take it if we got away with it but I fail to see that there is a huge difference between gaining an advantage through obvious fraud on the pitch or by fielding unregistered players.

Scouse Hibee
04-09-2011, 09:38 AM

A post on here COMPLAINING about a 3pm Saturday KO! Now that's a novelty :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
04-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Where was Lee Wallace???

Instead we play a right back at left back and when he goes off injured our only option is an over rated centre half who has played about 5 minutes for Liverpool?

If you look at both goals Wilson is not close enough to the striker who puts the ball across the goal for the first and for the second gives away the penalty albeit unlucky.

Potter has to take a lot of the blame for this campaign however it appears he intends to blame everyone else for his mistakes. Hertz dickhead that he is.

Spike Mandela
04-09-2011, 11:06 AM
A post on here COMPLAINING about a 3pm Saturday KO! Now that's a novelty :greengrin

True:greengrin

Mind you if you are talking tradition International qualifiers were always midweek evening games were they not?

H18sry
04-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Where was Lee Wallace???

Instead we play a right back at left back and when he goes off injured our only option is an over rated centre half who has played about 5 minutes for Liverpool?

If you look at both goals Wilson is not close enough to the striker who puts the ball across the goal for the first and for the second gives away the penalty albeit unlucky.

Potter has to take a lot of the blame for this campaign however it appears he intends to blame everyone else for his mistakes. Hertz dickhead that he is.

Injured

jonny
04-09-2011, 12:06 PM
So a result in Spain now becomes a must......

Providing we win on Tuesday against Lithuania :rolleyes: then we will be on 8 points having played 6 games, 2 points behind the Czech's who are now on 10 points having played six games. From here, Czech's next game is Spain who should beat them, ours is Leichtenstein, who it should predicted we beat. That would leave us going into the last game v Spain on 11 points, with the Czech's on 10 heading into their final match v Lithuania.

However, if the Czech's beat Lithuania which you would suspect they would do, it will mean that they would be on 13 points, meaning we would have to win in Spain to get second place. A draw for the Czech's presuming we lose in Spain would see us on level points, then i presume it comes down to goal difference?? Coming down to the last game we have to equal or better the Czech's result or we are out. I think thats it :greengrin:greengrin

KEEP THE FAITH.

Yes, I thought head-head might've come into it but it doesn't.
If points are equal it goes to best overall goal difference, if thats equal then most goals scored, if they are equal then its most goals scored away from home, if they are equal it goes to fair play (the least disciplinary points from qualification goes through) and if all that is equal then they will draw lots.
Got this from UEFA's website

ballengeich
04-09-2011, 08:17 PM
If points are equal it goes to best overall goal difference, if thats equal then most goals scored, if they are equal then its most goals scored away from home, if they are equal it goes to fair play (the least disciplinary points from qualification goes through) and if all that is equal then they will draw lots.

My reading of UEFA's website rules is that the head to head is the first decider. Article 7.04 a) applies.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2011, 12:26 AM

My reading of UEFA's website rules is that the head to head is the first decider. Article 7.04 a) applies.

:agree: If two (or more) teams are on the same number of points, the head-to-head record between those nations comes first in deciding group placings. Considering that the Czech Republic have 4 points from the two games and Scotland have 1 point, Scotland must get more points than the Czechs, in order to finish above them.

If the Czechs get no points from their last two matches, six points from our last three matches will do it.
If the Czechs get one point from their last two matches, we'll need a draw in Spain to finish above them, assuming we beat Lithuania and Liechtenstein.
If the Czechs get two or three points from their last two matches, we'll need to win all of our remaining matches to finish above them.
If the Czechs get any more than three points from their last two matches, we cannot finish in second spot in the group.

Dinkydoo
05-09-2011, 05:59 AM
I really do think it is about time we started using playback technology and a video ref for professional club and national games.

As a nation I think we all realise that we aren't brilliant - just managing to scrape through most games - and as such, these poor decisions really do hurt our chances of qualifying.

Between the dodgy decisions on Saturday, the Mikoliunas dive and that freekick that Italy were awarded a few years back, overcoming the referee in our current and past qualifying campaigns has been as much of a challenge as beating our opponents.

I'm in no way suggesting that there is some kind of vendetta against Scotland, its just been really bad luck, but these refereeing howlers have cost us a place in two tournaments - assuming the Czechs will get more at least 3 points from thier remaining games.

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2011, 08:08 AM
I really do think it is about time we started using playback technology and a video ref for professional club and national games.

As a nation I think we all realise that we aren't brilliant - just managing to scrape through most games - and as such, these poor decisions really do hurt our chances of qualifying.

Between the dodgy decisions on Saturday, the Mikoliunas dive and that freekick that Italy were awarded a few years back, overcoming the referee in our current and past qualifying campaigns has been as much of a challenge as beating our opponents.

I'm in no way suggesting that there is some kind of vendetta against Scotland, its just been really bad luck, but these refereeing howlers have cost us a place in two tournaments - assuming the Czechs will get more at least 3 points from thier remaining games.

This is the bit I don't get. If all three penalty decisions had been called differently on Saturday....and the awarded ones scored.... it would still have been 2-2.

Similarly, IIRC, in the Italy game they had a stonewaller turned down.

ballengeich
05-09-2011, 09:18 AM
This is the bit I don't get. If all three penalty decisions had been called differently on Saturday....and the awarded ones scored.... it would still have been 2-2.

Not so. They would have scored a penalty in the first half instead of near the end. The penalty for the foul on Berra would have given us a 3-2 victory,

I agree with your point about the Italy game.

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Not so. They would have scored a penalty in the first half instead of near the end. The penalty for the foul on Berra would have given us a 3-2 victory,

I agree with your point about the Italy game.

Can I cite Monday-morning dullness in my defence? :greengrin

Or the fact that, as we all know, Berra is a diving cheating ****bag?? :na na:

Actually, FWIW, I thought Berra was excellent on Saturday.

Dinkydoo
05-09-2011, 11:26 AM

Similarly, IIRC, in the Italy game they had a stonewaller turned down.

I have obviously forgotten about that, fair enough if that is the case.

Still, I'd much rather be whinging over another inept Scotland performance rather than incorrect decisions influencing the game.

Not that I was bothered but the England goal against Germany in the last World Cup that bounced over the line probably would have changed the complexion of the game. Chances are that they still would have been pumped :greengrin, but in the spirit of fairness and all that....

essexhibee
05-09-2011, 01:07 PM
:agree: If two (or more) teams are on the same number of points, the head-to-head record between those nations comes first in deciding group placings. Considering that the Czech Republic have 4 points from the two games and Scotland have 1 point, Scotland must get more points than the Czechs, in order to finish above them.

If the Czechs get no points from their last two matches, six points from our last three matches will do it.
If the Czechs get one point from their last two matches, we'll need a draw in Spain to finish above them, assuming we beat Lithuania and Liechtenstein.
If the Czechs get two or three points from their last two matches, we'll need to win all of our remaining matches to finish above them.
If the Czechs get any more than three points from their last two matches, we cannot finish in second spot in the group.

I think we will go into the spain game one point ahead of the Czech's, who will beat lithuania and send us out as we will lose to spain.

Lucius Apuleius
06-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Do I not recall us qualifying a few years ago due to a dodgy penalty decision going in our favour? Welsh were not very happy as I recall.

The Falcon
06-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Do I not recall us qualifying a few years ago due to a dodgy penalty decision going in our favour? Welsh were not very happy as I recall.

Is that the Jordan "handball" or the Cooper one?

jdships
06-09-2011, 08:42 AM

Correct !
Fed up listening to Harry Potter bleating about this cost us a chance of runners up place .
He should remember that "Qualification" for Europe is gained through a league system - i.e. gaining a sufficient number of points from a certain number of games .
Damage has therefore been self inflicted by failing to win enough points not because of one " dodgy" decision.
HP and credibility do not match up too well :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
06-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Is that the Jordan "handball" or the Cooper one?

'Tis the handball one that sits in my mind but do bear in mind the amount of alcohol imbued in these days.