PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland team to play the Czech's

H18sry
02-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Team to face the Czech Republic: McGregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Fletcher, Adam, Brown, Morrison, Miller

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag

WELL BE COMING..............................

Sylar
02-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Very strong looking side.

Still don't "get" this whole releasing of the team the day before the game though.

JimBHibees
02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Very strong looking side.

Still don't "get" this whole releasing of the team the day before the game though.

I agree keep them waiting as long as possible. It allows their backroom staff the time to know pretty much exaclty how we are going to play. In saying that I think that is a decent team and if Scotland go ahead we will win IMO.

Big onus on Fletcher who hasnt played for ages and if he has not at this level. I think I might have played Wilson for Berra but overall team looks strong.

2-1 Scotland is the prediction Naismith and Morrison.

sambajustice
02-09-2011, 01:32 PM
probably in the shape of

McGregor

Hutton, Berra, Caldwell,Bardsley

Brown, Fletcher, Adam, Morrison
Naismith

Miller

H18sry
02-09-2011, 01:35 PM
probably in the shape of

McGregor

Brown, Fletcher, Adam, Morrison
Naismith

Miller

This will be the shape I think
McGregor
HuttonCaldwell Berra Bardsley
Fletcher Adam
Brown Morrison Naismith
Miller

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag

Col2
02-09-2011, 01:40 PM
This will be the shape I think
McGregor
HuttonCaldwell Berra Bardsley
Fletcher Adam
Brown Morrison Naismith
Miller

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag

7 premiership players, 1 championship and 3 old firm. Strongest team for a a couple years anyway.

Wheat Hound
02-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Rangers
Aston Villa
Wigan
Wolves
Sunderland
Celtic
Man Utd
Liverpool
West Brom
Rangers
Cardiff

All represented in the starting 11. Notwithstanding any anti-Hibs bias, who is the closest in our team to being a full international for any country? Hanlon, Booth, Towell, Stephens, Palsson? Or will GOC or Ivan get recalls? Or is no-one even close yet?

soproni1
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
not to put dampner on what is as strong a Scotland team since the mid-late 90s, but I would be much more confident with S. Fletch or a fit Mcfadden leading the line. Miller just doesn't do it in these big games (hoping this will come back to bite me tomorrow) always seems to miss a chance when it matters, see Italy away and Holland home and away, where goals at crucial moments could have swung qualification closer.

But a great midfield, Adam sitting should allow Broony and D.Fletch to buzz about and press the game, hopefully creating enough chances for Miller to take one. Morrison and Naismith to get the goals in a 2-0 win

soproni1
02-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Rangers
Aston Villa
Wigan
Wolves
Sunderland
Celtic
Man Utd
Liverpool
West Brom
Rangers
Cardiff

All represented in the starting 11. Notwithstanding any anti-Hibs bias, who is the closest in our team to being a full international for any country? Hanlon, Booth, Towell, Stephens, Palsson? Or will GOC or Ivan get recalls? Or is no-one even close yet?

To follow up earlier post - surely if Gaz keeps banging goals in Levien will have to call him up at some point. If Maguire and Mackail Smith get chances why shouldnt he? (apart from him being a Hibby and not running about like a heedless chicken the majority of the game)

yekimevol
02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
McGregor
Adam
Naismith, Fletcher, Brown, Morrison
Miller

:saltireflag

brog
02-09-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry but all I can see is self delusion. We've won 1 game, a 97th minute winner at home over Lickyspit & now we're going to qualify!! I forecast a 1-1 draw & everyone calling for Harry Potter's heid in about 26 hours from now. I'll be happy to be proved wrong.
PS, people are saying we have a strong team, what about those who called Gary Caldwell Captain Calamity when he was at Hibs!!

MartinfaePorty
02-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Brog, there were also those who didn't think Fletcher was good enough for Hibs, but the general consensus now is that he should be in the Scotland squad (personal issues notwithstanding). You could also add those Gers fans that gave Adam abuse. Personally, there was enough in the last 3 games to make me optimistic and I'm going for a 3-1 win, with Adam to score the 1st. The formation yekimevol (try looking at that in a mirror :greengrin) is the one I think they'll start with.

Craig_in_Prague
02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I think we miss the class McFadden brings to the team, but it's a hard working side and is not short of creativity.
All the midfield can get forward, and we have more ball carrying players of late..... So definitely optimistic for tomorrow, but not expectant. The Czechs aint what they were, but are still strong. However compared to last year when it was announced we'd start with 0 forwards, I am much more excited about this game.

Local pub awaits :thumbsup:

col02
02-09-2011, 03:19 PM
That is the team I reckoned we would see. Only doubt I had was whether he would have picked Berra over Wilson but given the latter has less game time than Berra no real surprise there! Really excited for tomorrow as Scotland games at Hampden are what football should be all about imho with the atmosphere and banter.

hibsbollah
02-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Really harsh on Wilson who i thought was excellent against Denmark.

ronaldo7
02-09-2011, 03:43 PM
For me, it's a gamble playing Fletcher in this match. I hope he's fit enough, however I don't think he'll be up for it.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong tomorrow, but I think we'll get done in Midfield, not to mention our centre backs:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Cannae beat a 1500 ko on Saturday at Hampden for a Scotland game, cannae wait!

California-Hibs
02-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Cannae beat a 1500 ko on Saturday at Hampden for a Scotland game, cannae wait!

Agreed! :agree: Can't wait either, MASSIVE game tomorrow, lets hope the boys do the whole country proud, i feel we definatly have the quality in the team to do it! C'MON SCOTLAND !!!!! :saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

libernian
02-09-2011, 09:03 PM
cant wait for this. looks like an ok side atm (not that keen on berra or morrison tho). thot we were good in that irish tourney and not bad against denmark too.

we'll be coming!

Sir David Gray
02-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Very odd that he's picked two players in Alan Hutton and Darren Fletcher to start tomorrow's match when they haven't played any competitive football this season due to injuries and the reason he gave for not selecting Steven Fletcher last year was because he wasn't getting a regular game for Wolves and he only wanted to select players who had been playing for their clubs.

KWJ
03-09-2011, 03:14 AM
McGregor
Adam
Naismith, Fletcher, Brown, Morrison
Miller

:saltireflag

As the Fonz would say. Correctemundo.

MUPPET
03-09-2011, 07:04 AM
For me I hope we get absolutely humped!

H18sry
03-09-2011, 07:13 AM
For me I hope we get absolutely humped!

Is that you living up to your user name :rolleyes:

ronaldo7
03-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Very odd that he's picked two players in Alan Hutton and Darren Fletcher to start tomorrow's match when they haven't played any competitive football this season due to injuries and the reason he gave for not selecting Steven Fletcher last year was because he wasn't getting a regular game for Wolves and he only wanted to select players who had been playing for their clubs.

That's the problem I have with the two faced git.

Allant1981
03-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Think it will be a 1-2 defeat, as much as it is a strong team i just cant see us winning

brog
03-09-2011, 08:18 AM

Well, last season he said Danny Wilson was playing really well for Liverpool. At that stage Wilson had played 2 games, a meaningless 0-0 draw in Europe & a home defeat by Northampton in the League Cup! Levein's the new Craigie Broon, just talks s!!!! but our ignorant media are too cowardly to challenge him. I always want Scotland to win but I get no pleasure from Levein taking the credit.

MUPPET
03-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Is that you living up to your user name :rolleyes:

Not really everyone is entitled to their opinion mine is that right from the top I feel zero connection with this Scotland set up and pretty much detest the management team and half the players.

Levien, Houston, Mcgregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, bartley, Adam, Miller all pricks or Huns or ****s!

Plus being Scottish is very underrated so I don't feel very patriotic at the moment.

Dashing Bob S
03-09-2011, 08:30 AM

Fortunately this can be easily explained by the fact that he's a *ucking *rsehole.

BroxburnHibee
03-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Is the game sold out?

Edit - aye it is :greengrin

joe breezy
03-09-2011, 10:08 AM
I think this team can do okay, Caldwell is a weak link at times though, hopefully he won't be a liability today. I don't care too much if someone has / does play for Rangers or Celtic when they're playing for Scotland.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.625526,0.040647

sunshine1875
03-09-2011, 11:35 AM
We can say all we want about Levein and probably have, but I like his attitude to Scotland. Read below from the Record:

CRAIG LEVEIN last night relived the shambles that was his first training session as Scotland manager and used the experience to illustrate how far his squad have smartened themselves up since then. His first surprise on the practice pitch was that he was short of those players who hadn't bothered to turn up on time for their work. The next source of dismay was the haphazard way those who were there insisted on going about their business rather than applying themselves like international players.

And last, but not least, was the manager's impression that not everyone was giving him his undivided attention when he was trying to get his points across.
Levein said: "It was as if some of the players there thought they were doing Scotland a favour simply by turning up. They weren't listening and they weren't working properly. "I'm not going so far as to say they had no regard for their country but there was a lack of personal pride in their work. I have to admit I was shocked by all of it."

When Levein was asked if the Scotland squad that will face the Czech Republic at Hampden today contained any of those players whose attitude was questionable he declined to answer fully. He said: "That's irrelevant. What's important is that the past has helped us get to the present. "Now when my players go to work they really go to work. It's like somebody flicks a switch and they're turned on to what they have to do. "I also point to the fact there were no call-offs from this squad to illustrate that everyone wants to be here.

"We're in a good place because the players I have now like each other and work hard for each other."

Albion Hibs
03-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Not really everyone is entitled to their opinion mine is that right from the top I feel zero connection with this Scotland set up and pretty much detest the management team and half the players.

Levien, Houston, Mcgregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, bartley, Adam, Miller all pricks or Huns or ****s!

Plus being Scottish is very underrated so I don't feel very patriotic at the moment.

There is a difference between not feeling patriotic, and hope that your country gets "pumped". The key difference of course either being an idiot of not!

erin go bragh
03-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Cmon scotland :saltireflagthink if we win this one we will go on and finnish 2nd in the group but i also think Hibs will win every week.

GGTTH

Albion Hibs
03-09-2011, 12:00 PM
We can say all we want about Levein and probably have, but I like his attitude to Scotland. Read below from the Record:

CRAIG LEVEIN last night relived the shambles that was his first training session as Scotland manager and used the experience to illustrate how far his squad have smartened themselves up since then. His first surprise on the practice pitch was that he was short of those players who hadn't bothered to turn up on time for their work. The next source of dismay was the haphazard way those who were there insisted on going about their business rather than applying themselves like international players.

And last, but not least, was the manager's impression that not everyone was giving him his undivided attention when he was trying to get his points across.
Levein said: "It was as if some of the players there thought they were doing Scotland a favour simply by turning up. They weren't listening and they weren't working properly. "I'm not going so far as to say they had no regard for their country but there was a lack of personal pride in their work. I have to admit I was shocked by all of it."

When Levein was asked if the Scotland squad that will face the Czech Republic at Hampden today contained any of those players whose attitude was questionable he declined to answer fully. He said: "That's irrelevant. What's important is that the past has helped us get to the present. "Now when my players go to work they really go to work. It's like somebody flicks a switch and they're turned on to what they have to do. "I also point to the fact there were no call-offs from this squad to illustrate that everyone wants to be here.

"We're in a good place because the players I have now like each other and work hard for each other."

I agree with what you are saying, despite the fact I think levein is a jambo tool, he is a very good manager. He always manages to assemble a good team and gets them playing well.

I would however, also agree with some of the above that he is a little two faced, with regards starting players tomorrow that have maybe not been playing. I think Fletcher is maybe a bit different, he would not be put back into the man u team a minute to early given the depth and quality of squad they have. If he played for a lower half premiership team I have no doubt he would have been played already this season. Man U are not going to let him go if there is a risk to him, or his fitness, fortunatley for him he will be surrounded by the best in the business when it comes to being looked after.

This afternoons game is the first scotland game I have looked forward to in a while, who knows I may even venture to the boozer and invest in a few pints to take it in.

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
:saltireflag:saltireflag

Come On Scotland!!

iwasthere1972
03-09-2011, 12:53 PM
:saltireflag:saltireflag

Come On Scotland!!

:agree: Cannae wait. Enjoy those Hampden occasions but have to watch it in the pub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vkYiCdn834&feature=player_embedded#!

We need to test their goalkeeper today especially in view that their goalkeepers have only 4 caps more than Christian Nade got for playing for France.

Moulin Yarns
03-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Playing 4-1-4-1

McGregor

Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley

Adam

Brown, Fletcher, Morrison, Naismith

Miller

SteveHFC
03-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Subs:
Gilks
Robson
Wilson
Goodwillie
Bannan
Forrest
Cowie

Forrest Instead of Dorrans and Snodgrass. Levein is an arse.

Hainan Hibs
03-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Quite surprised he has went for a 4-1-4-1 as the 4-2-3-1 we had been playing with two sitting midfielders seemed to work well for us.

Forrest instead of Dorrans or Snodgrass? 'Can **** right off with that one.

MUPPET
03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
There is a difference between not feeling patriotic, and hope that your country gets "pumped". The key difference of course either being an idiot of not! Well that was great eh? Hope you enjoyed another glorious failure ******** isn't it magic being Scottish!

Albion Hibs
03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Well that was great eh? Hope you enjoyed another glorious failure ******** isn't it magic being Scottish!

Which part of england are you from? Either that or you are like that guy who was "delighted" the other month when hibs lost and he did not get his season ticket.

Weird individual.

sunshine1875
03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Well that was great eh? Hope you enjoyed another glorious failure ******** isn't it magic being Scottish!

Hey, Muppet- are you sure you are a Hibs fan. You sound like a Rantic fan to me! I know someone born and bred in Scotland, yet claims he is more interested in Northern Ireland (he is a Rangers fan!).

Sunshine1875 - proud supporter of Hibs and Scotland.

MUPPET
03-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Blah blah blah glorious failure boring *****. Btw Scottish born and bred and season ticket holder with hibs but a realist. We were utter ***** today and deserved nothing less **** levien and his pish tactics we were getting battered second half until they equalized and they were pure pish a bit more adventure and we could have ****ed them. End off.....

sunshine1875
04-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Blah blah blah glorious failure boring *****. Btw Scottish born and bred and season ticket holder with hibs but a realist. We were utter ***** today and deserved nothing less **** levien and his pish tactics we were getting battered second half until they equalized and they were pure pish a bit more adventure and we could have ****ed them. End off.....

So...........still does not explain why you would take pleasure in wanting us to get absolutely humped! As someone born and bred in Scotland, I want Scotland to win at eveything, it does not matter what the sport is. The problem with that is that we rarely do. The Scottish nation is full of realists and we accept our place in the world order that we will never be the best. We accept that we will lose more than we win. But that does not mean we should turn our back on our nation and hope they get absolutely humped.

Everything you said about Scotland, you could say the same about Hibs. Do you want us to get absolutely humped?

Moulin Yarns
04-09-2011, 09:20 AM
So...........still does not explain why you would take pleasure in wanting us to get absolutely humped! As someone born and bred in Scotland, I want Scotland to win at eveything, it does not matter what the sport is. The problem with that is that we rarely do. The Scottish nation is full of realists and we accept our place in the world order that we will never be the best. We accept that we will lose more than we win. But that does not mean we should turn our back on our nation and hope they get absolutely humped.

Everything you said about Scotland, you could say the same about Hibs. Do you want us to get absolutely humped?

I'm not defending Muppet, but there a few folk who don't rate Levein, and would be happy to see him punted (myself included), and if that means seeing Scotland lose then so be it. A bit like the few Hibs fans who post messages here that want to see Calderwood leaving for an English club at the first opportunity, and if it means Hibs lose a few games to help it happen then they take pleasure in it.