PDA

View Full Version : NHC Notts Forest possibly looking for a new manager?

Newhaven
02-09-2011, 12:30 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2032791/Steve-McClaren-set-quit-Nottingham-Forest.html

Surely not this early on in the new season?

iwasthere1972
02-09-2011, 12:55 AM
It's early in the season but Forest are already trailing the top six teams by 5-8 points. This could be one of the toughest seasons for a team to get back in the Premiership with teams like West Ham, Brighton, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Southampton and a few others looking like strong candidates to get either automatic promotion or qualify for the play offs.

Will he walk away or wait to be sacked? That's the big question.

Prawn Sandwich
02-09-2011, 05:28 AM
It's reported in most of the red tops today. Notts Forrest doesn't seem such a nice bag of sweeties now? With the Birmingham City owner having some 'difficulties' with the authorities in Asia it doesn't look like this bag of sweeties look very appetising either?

sunshine1875
02-09-2011, 06:56 AM
It's reported in most of the red tops today. Notts Forrest doesn't seem such a nice bag of sweeties now? With the Birmingham City owner having some 'difficulties' with the authorities in Asia it doesn't look like this bag of sweeties look very appetising either?

Depends on taste! Some like sweet sweets, some sour sweets! I am still willing to drive him to Nottingham / Birmingham or wherever he wants. Anytime, but hopefully soon.......very soon!

Septimus
02-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Depends on taste! Some like sweet sweets, some sour sweets! I am still willing to drive him to Nottingham / Birmingham or wherever he wants. Anytime, but hopefully soon.......very soon!

Would be interested to know what the topics of discussion would be during the journey. Or would the gobstoppers restrict conversation?

sunshine1875
02-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Would be interested to know what the topics of discussion would be during the journey. Or would the gobstoppers restrict conversation?

Not at all - I would ask him his views, if he has any, on how to defend set pieces!

MB62
02-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Not at all - I would ask him his views, if he has any, on how to defend set pieces!

Two words too many there for me :wink:

Septimus
02-09-2011, 09:26 AM

That should fill in the first five minutes at most. Long silence thereafter?

Jim44
03-09-2011, 01:38 PM
There's a rumour that Shteeve wants away because he is having difficulty learning the Nottingham accent. :greengrin He seems to have quite a lot of support and admirers ............... personally, I think he's a bit of a pillock. Nice wee number for oor Colin, mind you. :rolleyes:

--------
03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
There's a rumour that Shteeve wants away because he is having difficulty learning the Nottingham accent. :greengrin He seems to have quite a lot of support and admirers ............... personally, I think he's a bit of a pillock. Nice wee number for oor Colin, mind you. :rolleyes:

You won't find yourself in much of a minority there, Jim. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Not that I have much time for Billy Davies but he has every right to have a wee chuckle over the way NF are playing. Schteeve was brought in and haiied as the missing piece of the jigsaw.

stu in nottingham
03-09-2011, 11:47 PM
When you know how Forest operate these days it was not difficult to see this coming:

McClaren set to 'reflect' on his future after Forest fail to make further signings (http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/McClaren-set-reflect-future-Forest-fail-make/story-13251020-detail/story.html)The gravy train has run out at Forest. Chairman Doughty has put a lot of money into the club but things are tighter now They are more concerned with the financial fair play rules that will potentially cast a shadow over them.

McLaren has been there for a very short time and appears to be on a collision course already. Plenty of football types in Nottingham would have ventured that he wouldn't get the funds for players that he's demanding or that he's agreed to with the owner and that's exactly what has happened as the window has closed. From our point of view, in reality there was little chance that Forest would pay any significant compensation for Calderwood.

What's left in a sorry situation for them is that the the previous manager who was unceremoniously booted out has been replaced by someone who has less chance of gaining them promotion. He's not being backed either which was always Billy Davies' gripe about the way he was treated.