PDA

View Full Version : Question Agm?

R'Albin
01-09-2011, 09:45 PM
When is it this year? Could be rather interesting:agree:

oldbutdim
01-09-2011, 10:31 PM
When is it this year? Could be rather interesting:agree:

No date set; or if it has been, the shareholders haven't been informed.
I think it's usually October time.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Can someone please ask what the mgt / boards view is on our derby record under their stewardship and what is and can be done to reinstate our pride?
Do they see a connection between our derby perfoRmance/pride and an impact on attendance

sunshine1875
02-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Can someone please ask what the mgt / boards view is on our derby record under their stewardship and what is and can be done to reinstate our pride?
Do they see a connection between our derby perfoRmance/pride and an impact on attendance

Not getting at you, but we don't need to ask the board for answers to those questions, we know what the answers will be!

1. We are hurting too. Our approach has been to support the manager, which we have done by recruiting a number of players that are better than the legacy our current manager inherited. It takes time and the new players have not gelled yet. Don't worry - we have faith in our manager to deliver - he is very respected in England, you know. All we can ask is that you continue to support the team in the way you have done to date and together we can build a better future.

2. There is always a reaction, but we prefer to look over a longer period. Times are hard and if the product on the park is not good, then fans will drift away. We are working to build a better team, but that takes time. We have some new initiatives planned to get more fans attending home matches and we will work with supporters to make these happen.

To be honest asking difficult questions to the board may make them slightly uneasy, but is needs something more organised on the night to show them how much we care and why we are not prepared to put up with it much longer. My experiences of the AGM is that many sit and say nothing (myself included), one or two ask a well researched question that gets answered easily and one or two ask a poorly structured heat-of-the-moment question that is based on opinion and not fact!

down the slope
02-09-2011, 07:09 AM
The last few AGM's have been in the first week of October, could be squeeky bum time for the board if things have not improved.

IanM
02-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Ive always wanted to attend one of the AGM's - how do i go about doing this?

sunshine1875
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Ive always wanted to attend one of the AGM's - how do i go about doing this?

Buy some shares! Hibs are more than happy to sell them to you! IIRC you can buy some for £50-£100.

Hibercelona
02-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Not getting at you, but we don't need to ask the board for answers to those questions, we know what the answers will be!

1. We are hurting too. Our approach has been to support the manager, which we have done by recruiting a number of players that are better than the legacy our current manager inherited. It takes time and the new players have not gelled yet. Don't worry - we have faith in our manager to deliver - he is very respected in England, you know. All we can ask is that you continue to support the team in the way you have done to date and together we can build a better future.

2. There is always a reaction, but we prefer to look over a longer period. Times are hard and if the product on the park is not good, then fans will drift away. We are working to build a better team, but that takes time. We have some new initiatives planned to get more fans attending home matches and we will work with supporters to make these happen.

To be honest asking difficult questions to the board may make them slightly uneasy, but is needs something more organised on the night to show them how much we care and why we are not prepared to put up with it much longer. My experiences of the AGM is that many sit and say nothing (myself included), one or two ask a well researched question that gets answered easily and one or two ask a poorly structured heat-of-the-moment question that is based on opinion and not fact!

We should all light torches this time, that'll show em! :grr:

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/files/2009/12/torch-2-this-500.jpg

In all seriousness though, AGMs are a complete waste of time and you never get the answers you're looking for.

The Falcon
02-09-2011, 02:51 PM
We should all light torches this time, that'll show em! :grr:

In all seriousness though, AGMs are a complete waste of time and you never get the answers you're looking for.

They are a means of getting a chance to speak to those in charge. Just like Hearts the amount of shares held by supporters are wholly insignificant.