PDA

View Full Version : Next six games

sunshine1875
01-09-2011, 01:20 PM
We have 3 points from a possible 15. Our manager says we are "a team with players short of match fitness". Realistically, how many points do you think we will get from our next six games by which time we will have played all teams in the division.

Home to Aberdeen (3)
Away to Dunfermline (3)
Home to United (0)
Home to St. Johnstone (1)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

So my view is seven. With hard work, good play and skill, we should get a lot more points than this! With our current form, we could get a lot less!

FRes Hibbie
01-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I'd be hoping for more points than that: the next four are all winnable and, if we can get a bit of form behind us, Sproule and O'Connor will make sure the new ones aren't scared of going to Ibrox - Sally hasn't exactly set the heather alight there.

With the new team and a free weekend to get them up to speed I think we're gonna have a good wee run.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
We have 3 points from a possible 15. Our manager says we are "a team with players short of match fitness". Realistically, how many points do you think we will get from our next six games by which time we will have played all teams in the division.

Home to Aberdeen (3)
Away to Dunfermline (3)
Home to United (0)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

So my view is seven. With hard work, good play and skill, we should get a lot more points than this! With our current form, we could get a lot less!

We've not beaten Aberdeen at home for almost 2 years (and that was when they had 9 players on the pitch), lost both games last season and have a dismal home record overall, stretching back about 18 months. I'm not convinced we'll win that one.

Dunfermline's had a solid start to the season, although they've yet to win at East End Park so that's set up perfectly for them when we go there in a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Dundee Utd's struggled so far but again, we haven't beaten them at home for about 3 years.

Our record against St Johnstone since they made their return to the SPL is also hopeless and we've not beaten them for two years either.

We can forget the game at Ibrox.

Motherwell's about the only side that we have a half decent record against at the moment so we might do something there.

Based on that, I can see us maybe getting four or five points out of those six matches. Not great at all.

Aldo
01-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Dreading the next few games TBH. Unless we get a result against the Dons then I cannot see us picking up many points in the weeks to come.

Wotherspiniesta
01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
L-d-l-l-w-d

sunshine1875
01-09-2011, 01:39 PM
We've not beaten Aberdeen at home for almost 2 years (and that was when they had 9 players on the pitch), lost both games last season and have a dismal home record overall, stretching back about 18 months. I'm not convinced we'll win that one.

Dunfermline's had a solid start to the season, although they've yet to win at East End Park so that's set up perfectly for them when we go there in a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

Dundee Utd's struggled so far but again, we haven't beaten them at home for about 3 years.

Our record against St Johnstone since they made their return to the SPL is also hopeless and we've not beaten them for two years either.

Motherwell's about the only side that we have a half decent record against at the moment so we might do something there.

Based on that, I can see us maybe getting four or five points out of those six matches. Not great at all.

I am expecting a reaction against Aberdeen! If we don't, then something is seriously wrong at Easter Road. Add to that that they are also mince too!

Dunfermline are nothing special and if we show the right attitude I think we could sneak a result similar to that gained against ICT.

The other games - I think it will be a return to the same old........

PeterboroHibee
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
All of those teams will see Hibs as an easy 3 points, and I really cant blame them. Going to need a massive effort by the players and the manager to turn this around and start getting results as its been a shambolic start to the season.

Aberdeen is the key game, if they cant get a result at home against a fellow struggling team then we really are in worse trouble than I thought, and the run gets tougher and tougher after that.

We have 2 weeks before that game, plenty of time to sort things out, more or less a full team available and cant think of too many (if any of them) who will be away on international duty. Maybe in that time Calderwood can find some time to actually discuss tactics etc with them, teach the defence how to defend as a unit, and show them that the midfield is actually fairly important in the defensive side of things (in terms of pushing up the pitch and then tracking runners and helping out the defence when we are under pressure). Maybe they could also come up with a system that works, where we dont have to be playing players out of position where they contribute nothing.

jonty
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Although the record will shows the points won (or not) during the next 6 games, CC (and the team and the board) will be judged initially on the manner on how we played to get the points.
If we play bad - win lose or draw, he'll get the 'gtf' treatment (see the first 5 games)
If we play well - he may earn some breathing space

The team isnt suddenly going to eradicate those idividual errors, so I have difficulty seeing us getting much more than 5 from the next 6 games although good performances against Rangers and Motherwell may set us up for a better 2nd 1/4 to the season.

yeezus.
01-09-2011, 02:21 PM

Home to Aberdeen (3)
Away to Dunfermline (3)
Home to United (0)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

Don't see us beating Dunfermline, they have played well so far -even fought a comeback with Motherwell last Saturday.

Home to Aberdeen (1)
Away to Dunfermline (1)
Home to UTD (3)
Away to Rangers and Motherwell (0)

Hope I'm wrong.

IanM
01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
L-l-l-l-l-l-s

Wilson
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Home to Aberdeen (1)
Away to Dunfermline (3)
Home to United (3)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

Cropley10
01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Although the record will shows the points won (or not) during the next 6 games, CC (and the team and the board) will be judged initially on the manner on how we played to get the points.
If we play bad - win lose or draw, he'll get the 'gtf' treatment (see the first 5 games)
If we play well - he may earn some breathing space

The team isnt suddenly going to eradicate those idividual errors, so I have difficulty seeing us getting much more than 5 from the next 6 games although good performances against Rangers and Motherwell may set us up for a better 2nd 1/4 to the season.

What's with all this eradicating individual errors stuff?:confused:

If we created more chances and scored more goals we'd give ourselves far better chances of winning games as we're never going to eradicate all errors, and even if we do, if we don't score then we just end up with a point, surely?

Cropley10
01-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Home to Aberdeen (1)
Away to Dunfermline (3)
Home to United (3)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

1 1 0 1 0 1

Binary folk etc etc:greengrin

nortonhibby
01-09-2011, 02:51 PM

We destroyed Rangers last season at Ibrox all these games are winable, i predict 9 points from these fixtures.

iwasthere1972
01-09-2011, 02:54 PM
No points. Anything above that will be a bonus.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
We destroyed Rangers last season at Ibrox all these games are winable, i predict 9 points from these fixtures.

I know we did but Rangers win practically every single domestic game at Ibrox so I won't be getting my hopes up for another 0-3 result.

I hope you're right with your prediction of 9 points. :aok:

Saorsa
01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
d d d d l l

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Struggle to see anything more positive than three defeats and three draws in this sequence. These games will be anticipated eagerly - by our opponents.

hibsbollah
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
6 points from those 6 games will set us up nicely for our 10 points in 10 games target. If that happens, by Halloween Calderwood will have matched Jim Duffys points total after the same amount of games (48 i believe, im sure Falkirk will correct me if im wrong).

Go Hibs go! It CAN be done!

R'Albin
01-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Home to Aberdeen (3)
Away to Dunfermline (3)
Home to United (0)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

Depends how many Calderwood is in charge for..

basehibby
01-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Home to Aberdeen (3)
Away to Dunfermline (1)
Home to United (0)
Home to St. Johnstone (3)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (3)

The above should be perfectly achievable - if we're getting much less than that tally then Calderwood should go

The Optimist
01-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Home to Aberdeen (3)
Away to Dunfermline (1)
Home to United (3)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

We should have enough to beat aberdeen and united at home both not had great starts either.The rest down to maybe a bit of luck to get something.

allezsauzee
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
16...i'll accept a draw at Ibrox

iwasthere1972
01-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Home to Aberdeen (3)
Away to Dunfermline (1)
Home to United (3)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

We should have enough to beat aberdeen and united at home both not had great starts either.The rest down to maybe a bit of luck to get something.

A very apt username.

hibs0666
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
11 points minimum.

sunshine1875
01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I should remind those (including myself!!) that think that we will start to win a few games that our record in the last fifty-eight SPL games is fourteen wins, nine draws and thirty-five losses. That is we lose 60% of the SPL games that we have played and win less than a quarter. Our wins included a run of five wins on the bounce, a win away to Utd when they were focussed on the cup final and a win away to Rangers which does not happen often!

:rolleyes:

The Optimist
01-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Have to be optimistic mate or be accused of being a yam

smurf
01-09-2011, 04:02 PM
We should get a minimum of 10 points. I feel a home win v Aberdeen is critical.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2011, 04:07 PM
6 points from those 6 games will set us up nicely for our 10 points in 10 games target. If that happens, by Halloween Calderwood will have matched Jim Duffys points total after the same amount of games (48 i believe, im sure Falkirk will correct me if im wrong).

Go Hibs go! It CAN be done!

Jim Duffy was in charge for 46 games, Calderwood will reach that number after we go to Paisley to play St Mirren on 22nd October.

Incidentally, that will come four days after the first anniversary of him being given the Hibs job.

hibsbollah
01-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Jim Duffy was in charge for 46 games, Calderwood will reach that number after we go to Paisley to play St Mirren on 22nd October.

Incidentally, that will come four days after the first anniversary of him being given the Hibs job.

I am actually in awe. Although bawheid says Duffy had 48, not 46. So which statto is right and which is wrong? :greengrin

JimBHibees
01-09-2011, 04:44 PM
We should get a minimum of 10 points. I feel a home win v Aberdeen is critical.

Tend to agree it would change the whole atmosphere about the club.

jonty
01-09-2011, 05:01 PM
What's with all this eradicating individual errors stuff?:confused:

If we created more chances and scored more goals we'd give ourselves far better chances of winning games as we're never going to eradicate all errors, and even if we do, if we don't score then we just end up with a point, surely?

Simple. If we don't give away cheap goals then we might stand a chance of winning by the odd goal from GO.
Better still it would avoid a result like st mirren and we'd keep a 1-0 and not lose 2-1.

At the rate we're progressing, 6 draws (and 6 points) would be an improvement, but highly unlikely.

The Voice Of Reason
01-09-2011, 05:54 PM
These bunch of goons are more than capable of losing all 6 games !

Sad but true, I wish I was joking!

Tricla
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
L-l-l-l-l-l-s

I would potentially agree with this.

If I could decipher the code.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
These bunch of goons are more than capable of losing all 6 games !

Sad but true, I wish I was joking!

I hate to say it but i have to agree with you:agree:. There could be heavy defeats too. Well and Huns are especially hard games.

southern hibby
01-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Probably win against the Huns 1, nil and get beat the rest. But that's HIBS Way.GGTTH.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2011, 09:14 PM
I am actually in awe. Although bawheid says Duffy had 48, not 46. So which statto is right and which is wrong? :greengrin

Trust me, it's 46, I've checked it twice! :wink:

We picked up 33 points out of the 39 league games that we played under him, whereas Calderwood has got 32 points from the 35 league games that he's been in charge of so far.

The similarities are actually quite frightening.

erin go bragh
01-09-2011, 09:25 PM
W W W W D W Europe hear we come :wink:
GGTTH

:na na: we wish

nortonhibby
01-09-2011, 11:13 PM

We picked up 33 points out of the 39 league games that we played under him, whereas Calderwood has got 32 points from the 35 league games that he's been in charge of so far.

Are you sure i never thought it posible that the Duffy record could be equaled :confused: are you saying that CC Could be worse

SteveHFC
01-09-2011, 11:21 PM
If we get less than 5 points. Calderwood has to go.

iwasthere1972
02-09-2011, 12:11 AM

What were our goals for and against under Duffy and CC? :aok:

Sir David Gray
02-09-2011, 12:27 AM
What were our goals for and against under Duffy and CC? :aok:

Duffy;

P-46
F-52
A-77

Goals for per game-1.1
Goals against per game-1.7

Calderwood;

P-38
F-39
A-59

Goals for per game-1
Goals against per game-1.5

iwasthere1972
02-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Duffy;

P-46
F-52
A-77

Calderwood;

P-38
F-39
A-59

:aok:

What were the total home attendance figures. An average would be better. :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
02-09-2011, 08:45 AM

Home to Aberdeen (3)
Away to Dunfermline (3)
Home to United (0)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

I think CC will be aiming for more.

Aberdeen 3
Dunfermline 3
United 3
St Johnston 3
Rangers 1
Motherwell 3

With the squad he has now, 5 victories out of 6 is achieveable, 4 are home games he now needs to make Easter Road a place where no one gets a victory and to build that foundation winning against Aberdeen, Utd, St Johnstone and Motherwell.....teams we expect as fans to take points from, one game at a time though. Maybe postponment of the St Johnstone game has worked to our benefit :wink:

Mon Hibs we can do this :flag::cgwa:flag:

Saorsa
02-09-2011, 08:54 AM
I think CC will be aiming for more.

Aberdeen 3
Dunfermline 3
United 3
St Johnston 3
Rangers 1
Motherwell 3

With the squad he has now, 5 victories out of 6 is achieveable, 4 are home games he now needs to make Easter Road a place where no one gets a victory and to build that foundation winning against Aberdeen, Utd, St Johnstone and Motherwell.....teams we expect as fans to take points from, one game at a time though. Maybe postponment of the St Johnstone game has worked to our benefit :wink:

Mon Hibs we can do this :flag::cgwa:flag:I see you never took my advice from a previous post :greengrin

http://www.hcam.com.au/forum/download/file.php?id=12219

JustSimplyHibs
02-09-2011, 12:47 PM
I see you never took my advice from a previous post :greengrin

http://www.hcam.com.au/forum/download/file.php?id=12219

:smokin :wink:

It's true though it has to start now...his squad :thumbsup:

ahibby
02-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I have no right or reason to be optimistice but I think we will win the majority of those games.

SouthamptonHibs
03-09-2011, 01:02 AM
As CC said we had 6 players not up to match speed from our starting 11 against the hearts!
we should be fitter before our next game!
the problem is we have a load of dross at ER, a team full of young lads that are crap and a few older players who have not made it in any of the English leagues they came from. to top that off we have a twat as a gaffer, at best we can expect 6pts from 18pts and that;s the pint half full! we could be going down! i'm next up for the united game can't wait

CC and Petrie get tae............

hail hail

hibsfootballer
04-09-2011, 10:33 AM
I think the problem now is that Hibs will become detached if we fail to win at Aberdeen from the rest of the SPL, Might find that come aberdeen and no a loss(if we get beat) CC may be gone.

I doubt Hibs will win any of these coming up games but there are winnable games there.

sunshine1875
08-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Anyone else willing to guess how many points we will collect over the next six SPL games?

.Sean.
08-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Home to Aberdeen - Draw
Away to Dunfermline - Draw
Home to United - Defeat
Home to St. Johnstone - Win
Away to Rangers - Heavy defeat
Home to Motherwell - Defeat

matty_f
08-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Home to Aberdeen - Draw
Away to Dunfermline - Draw
Home to United - Defeat
Home to St. Johnstone - Win
Away to Rangers - Heavy defeat
Home to Motherwell - Defeat

Home to Aberdeen - win
Away to Dunfermline -win
Home to United - win
Home to St Johnstone - win
Away to Rangers - 3-0 win, as usual
Home to Motherwell - lose.

:greengrin

Saorsa
08-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Home to Aberdeen - win
Away to Dunfermline -win
Home to United - win
Home to St Johnstone - win
Away to Rangers - 3-0 win, as usual
Home to Motherwell - lose.

:greengrinIf the guy in post 44 took my advice and put it down did you happen tae pick it up? :dunno: or did you already have your own one?

R'Albin
08-09-2011, 08:44 PM
If the guy in post 44 took my advice and put it down did you happen tae pick it up? :dunno: or did you already have your own one?

matty_f
08-09-2011, 08:56 PM
If the guy in post 44 took my advice and put it down did you happen tae pick it up? :dunno: or did you already have your own one?

I've got two!:greengrin

nortonhibby
08-09-2011, 10:21 PM

Home to Aberdeen (3)
Away to Dunfermline (3)
Home to United (0)
Away to Rangers (0)
Home to Motherwell (0)

Home to sheep 3
Away to pars 3
Home to united 3
Home to St J 3
Away to huns 3 based on last seasons result
Home to murder 3

Saorsa
08-09-2011, 10:23 PM
I've got two!:greengrinseems tae be quite popular these days, the poster below you must have about 4 :agree: (and use them all at the same time).

Skanko79
08-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Home to Aberdeen - 2-0
Away to Dunfermline - 1-3Home to United - 1-0Home to St. Johnstone - 3-1Away to Rangers - 0-3 Home to Motherwell - 4-0

Calderwood must stay!!! Keep the faith!!!

sunshine1875
09-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Some above are definately on drugs or have forgotten how bad our league record is............or both!

SouthamptonHibs
09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Hopeful we can grab at least 9pts from the next 5 games, but as long as we win against Utd i'll be happy as i'm up for that game!
Not seen Hibs win Since Dec 2009 away to Aberdeen!
The last 12 games i've been up to see since then have ended mostly in defeat