PDA

View Full Version : Jim White Deadline Day Legend.

Thecat23
31-08-2011, 09:36 PM
How good is Jim White on transfer deadline day? I can't stop laughing at how leeds utd he gets at anything that happens. I sat next to him at ER years ago the day Negri scored 5 against Dundee Utd. With each goal he turned and said (with the biggest smile) "Negri what a guy, he's scored again" In that cheesy voice of his. Think he was working for BBC football at the time and was updating the hibs game for them. Sure it was the game against Killie when Pat McGinley hit one from about 45 yards only weeks after Chick Charley done it :D

Anyway Jim you're the man we love the cheese!!!!!!!!!!!:greengrin:greengrin

fat freddy
31-08-2011, 10:49 PM
yep...he's so bad that he's good.

sadtom
31-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Loathe and despise the bigot ****bag.

Cabbage East
31-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Deadline Day Bellend you of course mean.

REMOVED

Gatecrasher
01-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Just like everything else in Scottish football he learned his trade up here then ****ed off to England for the big bucks, he's better than the BBC presenters we have at the moment.

HibeeMG
01-09-2011, 06:22 AM

A bit harsh don't you think? Lighten up man, he's just a TV presenter.

Zazu62
01-09-2011, 07:03 AM
He's an arse, hate him.

3pm
01-09-2011, 07:13 AM
He's the man for deadline day.

R'Albin
01-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Loathe and despise the bigot ****bag.

He's an arse, hate him.

Why do you all hate him? Has he done something to you all personally?

smurf
01-09-2011, 08:30 AM

Exactly. Utterly ridiculous comments without any foundation...

Speedway
01-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Jim: NEWS JUST REACHING US AAAHHHH AT THE AAAAHHHH SKY SPORTS NEWS CENTRE....WE CAN CONFIRM THAT JERMAINE'S DEFO SIGNED FOR TOTTENHAM.......AAAAHHH SORRY THAT SHOULD BE THAT JERMAINE DEFOE COULD STILL SIGN FOR TOTTENHAM. AN AAAAHHHH INCREDIBLE TWIST ON THIS DEADLINE DAY WITH JUST 78 HOURS TO GO. AAAAHHHH HARRY'S DONE IT AGAIN, IAN.

Ian Dowdy: Yeah Jim I mean what can you say about Harry Jim I mean he's got form for this and there it is we're hearing it's happening and what can you say?

Jim: THAT'S RIGHT!!!!! WE'RE GOING AAAAHHHHHH TO GO TO GARY BRASSMONKEY WHO'S BEEN AAAHHHHHHH STOOD OUTSIDE SUNDERLAND'S WAYAYE TRAINING GROUND ALL YEAR TO HEAR THE LATEST ABOUT AAAHHHHH MEIN KOCHELMUT. GARY!!

Gary: That's right Jim, Mein Kochelmut is inside right now and will be coming out later to confirm he's going to rise to this new challenge. Jim.

Jim: UNBELIEVABLE DRAMA THERE IN THE NORTH EAST WITH ONLY 54 YEARS TO GO BEFORE THE WINDOW AAAAHHHHHH SLAMS SHUT. THANKS GARY!!!

:rolleyes:

frazeHFC
01-09-2011, 09:01 AM
He is great. Found it funny during the day when Ed Chamberlain etc were constantly mentioning him and showing pictures of him arriving. Yeah i watched it all day. :rolleyes:

HibeeMG
01-09-2011, 10:15 AM
The best bit of the day was with Simon Thomas, who's actually quite funny, and Georgie Thompson who I could watch all day! :hmmm::love ya!::drool:

Steve20
01-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Natalie Sawyer was the highlight of watching deadline day on SSN.

sadtom
01-09-2011, 01:34 PM

Apart from being a total phanny who knows **** all about fitba.
The fact he is a known orange lodge member gives me more that adequate reason to call him a qhunt.
Always said i'd love to tie the 'cuddly' hun piece of sheet to a chair and shout at him to death.

Rattler
01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Jim: NEWS JUST REACHING US AAAHHHH AT THE AAAAHHHH SKY SPORTS NEWS CENTRE....WE CAN CONFIRM THAT JERMAINE'S DEFO SIGNED FOR TOTTENHAM.......AAAAHHH SORRY THAT SHOULD BE THAT JERMAINE DEFOE COULD STILL SIGN FOR TOTTENHAM. AN AAAAHHHH INCREDIBLE TWIST ON THIS DEADLINE DAY WITH JUST 78 HOURS TO GO. AAAAHHHH HARRY'S DONE IT AGAIN, IAN.

Ian Dowdy: Yeah Jim I mean what can you say about Harry Jim I mean he's got form for this and there it is we're hearing it's happening and what can you say?

Jim: THAT'S RIGHT!!!!! WE'RE GOING AAAAHHHHHH TO GO TO GARY BRASSMONKEY WHO'S BEEN AAAHHHHHHH STOOD OUTSIDE SUNDERLAND'S WAYAYE TRAINING GROUND ALL YEAR TO HEAR THE LATEST ABOUT AAAHHHHH MEIN KOCHELMUT. GARY!!

Gary: That's right Jim, Mein Kochelmut is inside right now and will be coming out later to confirm he's going to rise to this new challenge. Jim.

Jim: UNBELIEVABLE DRAMA THERE IN THE NORTH EAST WITH ONLY 54 YEARS TO GO BEFORE THE WINDOW AAAAHHHHHH SLAMS SHUT. THANKS GARY!!!

:rolleyes:

Brilliant. Just Brilliant:faf:

Sir David Gray
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't like or dislike him to be honest. I just wish he wouldn't shout quite as much as there's no need for it.

Sergy Pie
01-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Jim White and Legend in the same line ???

It's brutal listening to him and I've no idea how he managed to get onto Sky. His reporting style leaves me confused as to how he could have got into presenting in the first place.

I seem to remember he got the boot from STV after he blurted out whilst commentating 'All we need now is another one' after Rangers had scored an equaliser against Motherwell at Ibrox :rolleyes:

Bayern Bru
01-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Always said i'd love to tie the 'cuddly' hun piece of sheet to a chair and shout at him to death.

:faf:

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2011, 03:08 PM
The same Jim White who chased after a group of Hun bigots who beat up a young Manchester program seller, and ran off taking all his wares, before going back and pulling out a few hundred quid from his wallet to reimburse the distressed boy, apologising and telling him all Scots weren't like those a***holes?

joe breezy
01-09-2011, 03:41 PM
The same Jim White who chased after a group of Hun bigots who beat up a young Manchester program seller, and ran off taking all his wares, before going back and pulling out a few hundred quid from his wallet to reimburse the distressed boy, apologising and telling him all Scots weren't like those a***holes?

It's quite funny seeing him go national, remember he was just on Scottish telly, we thought of hims as more of a Ger then as he was always fawning over Walter. I think more a case of building up the Old Firm which goes with the territory in Scotland.

I prefer him on Sky where he doesn't get to go on about Rangers all the time. He is cheesy and relatively amusing, not as good as Jeff Stelling though.

smurf
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Apart from being a total phanny who knows **** all about fitba.
The fact he is a known orange lodge member gives me more that adequate reason to call him a qhunt.

"Known". Yeah?

jdships
01-09-2011, 04:05 PM
A bit harsh don't you think? Lighten up man, he's just a TV presenter.

Trouble is he is and never has been a very good one :greengrin:wink:
Don't hate him as I don't "hate" anybody !! :tsk tsk:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Natalie Sawyer was the highlight of watching deadline day on SSN. Very much so!

JimBHibees
01-09-2011, 04:17 PM
He seems harmless enough to me. His interview with Brian Laudrup when at Rangers which included the ultimate question, "Brian, why are you so good" was a classic. :greengrin

bawheid
01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
"Brian, just why are you so good?"

bawheid
01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
He seems harmless enough to me. His interview with Brian Laudrup when at Rangers which included the ultimate question, "Brian, why are you so good" was a classic. :greengrin

Great minds... :greengrin

HibeeMG
01-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Trouble is he is and never has been a very good one :greengrin:wink:
Don't hate him as I don't "hate" anybody !! :tsk tsk:

That may be and is actually a matter of opinion. It's horses for courses in his particular position. I can't imagine him going on to do 'Countdown' like Jeff Stelling for instance but he does a pretty good job of winding up interest in the transfer deadline.

For another poster to call him an 'abortion of a human being' is outrageous though. I'd hate to hear their opinions on the really nasty people in this world. They'd probably self-combust given how tightly they're wound! :furious::shotdowni

.Sean.
01-09-2011, 04:38 PM
I think he's sound. I was off work and watched SSN all day yesterday. Not the most exciting of deadlines but transfer deadline day should be a public holiday!

JimBHibees
01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Great minds... :greengrin

Fools seldom .......:greengrin

Bayern Bru
01-09-2011, 04:42 PM

Nicely said, Robert.
Always easy to focus on the negative side to someone's character and overlook the bad. I actually find him quite funny - probably thanks to Jonathan Watson's painfully accurate and borderline cruel interpretation of him - but there ain't half some vitriol on this thread!

JohnScott
01-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Nicely said, Robert.
Always easy to focus on the negative side to someone's character and overlook the bad. I actually find him quite funny - probably thanks to Jonathan Watson's painfully accurate and borderline cruel interpretation of him - but there ain't half some vitriol on this thread!

Yeh he's a right tit that Jim White...............not! The ONLY member of the Scottish media that didn't right off Hibs chances against Videoton in 1989. In fact he said we'd beat them in the return no problems which we did 3 nil. And he was one of the FEW media guys to look genuine when he said on air how saddened he was at the demise of Hibs when we were relegated. I despair at some of you sad gits! :greengrin

fatbloke
01-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Jim White and Legend in the same line ???

Relax it's a mis-spell he actually meant LEG END.

fatbloke
01-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Nicely said, Robert.

Remember reading this as a toadying to 'Walter' git he is a fud. But he like all people has a nicer side.:agree:

jdships
01-09-2011, 08:23 PM
That may be and is actually a matter of opinion. It's horses for courses in his particular position. I can't imagine him going on to do 'Countdown' like Jeff Stelling for instance but he does a pretty good job of winding up interest in the transfer deadline.

For another poster to call him an 'abortion of a human being' is outrageous though. I'd hate to hear their opinions on the really nasty people in this world. They'd probably self-combust given how tightly they're wound! :furious::shotdowni

Absolutely !!!!
I was at a Charity event involving Partick Thistle some years ago where he was the guest speaker and we suffered the best part of an hour of him telling stories about " Der Hun" - :dummytit:
When it comes down to it EVERYTHING is a matter of opinion but in his case , when on STV, he seemed to find it difficult to be impartial !
Maybe with the " transfer deadline " programme he has found his niche :greengrin

DH1875
01-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Don't know about White. Funniest thing about the whole day was that Rangers apparently knocked back an offer of over £9 million for Jelavic. Aye right :faf: