PDA

View Full Version : Constantly Bashing Hibs.Net

RIP
31-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I remember some chat from a couple of Section N? Jambos a few of years back in the Haymarket Bar. I was the only non-Jambo in the company and my Yam mate was away talking to his ex-wife. The conversation got round to Hibs.Net. They claimed that they had a bunch of guys well undercover on here who were quietly undermining Rob Jones. They reckoned that a lot of fans read and were influenced by their posts. My mate came back and on hearing the chat, quickly shooshed the lads, saying to me as an aside that it wis just the bevvy talking

I got to thinking how easy it would be for a bunch of yam stirrers to join a board to stir and unsettle. Your post would start by saying you were a big Hibby, season ticket-holder, how your blood ran green but see that Garry O'Connor - he was well past his best. You mate would then join the thread by agreeing with you and before you know it we would have a groundswell of opinion from "Hibs Fans" agreeing with the opinion that big G was a waste of space.

So whilst it's easy to believe that many of us are really jacked off with being bottom of the league, what impact does it have on our morale, do you think, to constantly read posts berating our board, our coaching staff and the men in green and white? Am I the only one who yearns for posts that show some support, some courage, some backs-to-the-wall fighting spirit and backing for our club that will galvanise us into lifting this team up by the bootlaces and saving Hibs from relegation?

How can we be sure all these negative posters are actually Hibs Supporters?

Gettin' Auld
31-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I remember some chat from a couple of Section N? Jambos a few of years back in the Haymarket Bar. I was the only non-Hibby in the company and my Yam mate was away talking to his ex-wife. The conversation got round to Hibs.Net. They claimed that they had a bunch of guys well undercover on here who were quietly undermining Rob Jones. They reckoned that a lot of fans read and were influenced by their posts. My mate came back and on hearing the chat, quickly shooshed the lads, saying to me as an aside that it wis just the bevvy talking

Given the topic of your post, maybe you want to edit the highlighted part? :greengrin

Franck is God
31-08-2011, 05:22 PM
you've got to be pretty feeble minded to have your opinion swayed by the ramblings of an anonymous stranger on a message board.

I'm sure that there are Hearts fans that read and perhaps post on hibs.net, that enjoy it when players & managers get berated by their own fans and maybe even join in and stir as much as they can but in my experience on this board and just folowing football in general nobody is more negative about a team than their own fans.

Gus Fring
31-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I think what the OP is trying to say here is that Garry O is well past it, get him sold before the Window shuts!

:fishin:

:jamboid:

HibsMax
31-08-2011, 07:28 PM
I remember some chat from a couple of Section N? Jambos a few of years back in the Haymarket Bar. I was the only non-Jambo in the company and my Yam mate was away talking to his ex-wife. The conversation got round to Hibs.Net. They claimed that they had a bunch of guys well undercover on here who were quietly undermining Rob Jones. They reckoned that a lot of fans read and were influenced by their posts. My mate came back and on hearing the chat, quickly shooshed the lads, saying to me as an aside that it wis just the bevvy talking

I got to thinking how easy it would be for a bunch of yam stirrers to join a board to stir and unsettle. Your post would start by saying you were a big Hibby, season ticket-holder, how your blood ran green but see that Garry O'Connor - he was well past his best. You mate would then join the thread by agreeing with you and before you know it we would have a groundswell of opinion from "Hibs Fans" agreeing with the opinion that big G was a waste of space.

So whilst it's easy to believe that many of us are really jacked off with being bottom of the league, what impact does it have on our morale, do you think, to constantly read posts berating our board, our coaching staff and the men in green and white? Am I the only one who yearns for posts that show some support, some courage, some backs-to-the-wall fighting spirit and backing for our club that will galvanise us into lifting this team up by the bootlaces and saving Hibs from relegation?

How can we be sure all these negative posters are actually Hibs Supporters?

I enjoy reading the posts on .net but my opinion is not changed by other people's rants. I do listen to what game-goers say in order to try and assess how well I think the team are doing but pretty much any post that is berating Hibs (player, board, fans, etc.) is of little more than entertainment value to me.

My second though upon reading this post was, "who has so much time on their hands to organise something like this?". If anyone approached me to join a Hearts chat forum to do this I would laugh and then ask, "Oh, you were being serious?".

To your second last point....no, you are not alone. I am sick to the back teeth of Hibs being slammed. I know we're playing like crap and that doesn't make me feel particularly good. I love Hibs and want them to succeed but when things are not going well it's not in my nature to stick the boot in and start blaming everyone from Sir Tom to the pies. That doesn't mean I am blind. Perhaps I have too much faith in people but I genuinely believe that everyone at the club has Hibs best interests at heart and they all want to succeed - failure benefits nobody. So I say let them try. Backing the team when they are doing well and abusing them when we're doing badly just strikes me as something a fairweather fan would do - but I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion and what better place to air that opinion than on a fan forum?