PDA

View Full Version : One IN & One OUT

Wellbankhibby
31-08-2011, 01:02 PM
The Best Transfer news we genuine Hibs Fans could have today is CC Out and Strachan in Pronto. Not Likely to happen but if so I believe we would rapidly Climb the League, We would also have a chance of Silverware. Wont list all the Reasons but if you want them Look at my Previous posts. Until this happens we are going nowhere. :wink:

Speedway
31-08-2011, 01:06 PM
The Best Transfer news we genuine Hibs Fans could have today is CC Out and Strachan in Pronto. Not Likely to happen but if so I believe we would rapidly Climb the League, We would also have a chance of Silverware. Wont list all the Reasons but if you want them Look at my Previous posts. Until this happens we are going nowhere. :wink:

Strachan, that manager who, when he's not managing the biggest club in a league has done what exactly?

wearethehibs
31-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Did you really have to make a new thread? Couldn't you have posted it on all the other 1s wanting CC out? Why is it just "genuine" hibs fans that want CC out? Does that mean anyone that's still backing him is not a "genuine" fan?

yekimevol
31-08-2011, 01:22 PM
no thanks ill judge caldo on the next 5 games instead of the first five.

Albion Hibs
31-08-2011, 01:28 PM

1) "Genuine Hibs fans" what does that mean?
2) By your own admission "not likely to happen" - so what are you on about?
3) What if Stachan wanted to change the players and lost a few in a row?
4) Why would he take the hibs job, he will get more money working on the telly and wont have to put up with being booed, lets be honest we are not an attractive prospect from a fans base point of view
5) Is your thought process behind our climb up the table and winning of silverware based on his most recent managerial achievements, or the time when he worked in scotland with the biggest budget and the best players in the league?

I suppose most crucially you would be as well saying who we should get in after him as lets be honest that is the direct I fear this club is going in.

Joe's ice cream
31-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Did you really have to make a new thread? Couldn't you have posted it on all the other 1s wanting CC out? Why is it just "genuine" hibs fans that want CC out? Does that mean anyone that's still backing him is not a "genuine" fan?

Fully agree with your post, i am still backing CC and have been pleased with the look of the players he has brought in since he has been in charge........that according to the OP makes me a non-genuine fan!!!! oh well,must try harder :confused:

easty
31-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Strachan, that manager who, when he's not managing the biggest club in a league has done what exactly?

Ooh ooh me...I know this one! (insert hand-up smillie)

Is it, he's been a massive tw@t and not a great manager (huge understatement) and I don't want him at Easter Road at all?

I'm sure that's right. :greengrin

jdships
31-08-2011, 01:55 PM

And we probably would continue in the same way
What exactly has GS done when he hasn't had "millions" to spend.?
His greatest attribute is he " talks the talk"
Thanks but no thanks !

:no way:

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-08-2011, 02:04 PM
To the OP.

You've brought out the happy clap brigade big time here mate..

"I'll judge CC on the next 5 games"

Funniest post of the year so far

Edinburgh Green
31-08-2011, 02:11 PM

Is it, he's been a massive tw@t and not a great manager (huge understatement) and I don't want him at Easter Road at all?

:agree: Watched him on Goals on Sunday, Kammy asked him what his views were on Chelsea new boy Juan Mata. He said he'd never heard of him before and that he only knew about Barca & Real players. I'd expect most managers to know who a world cup winner was. He's a diddy!

HibsMax
31-08-2011, 02:15 PM
no thanks ill judge caldo on the next 5 games instead of the first five.

I'll take that a little farther and say that I will judge him by Christmas. Don't know how many games that is from now but I don't want to change my tune. I said I would give him until Christmas and so I will.

HibsMax
31-08-2011, 02:24 PM
To the OP.

You've brought out the happy clap brigade big time here mate..

"I'll judge CC on the next 5 games"

Funniest post of the year so far

Just like a loss brings out all the doom and gloomers. dot net isn't more quiet than after a Hibs win. Strange that....

Not sure what is funny about someone saying they will judge the manager over the next 1, 2, 5, 10, X games. You must have a strange sense of humour if that's what makes you spit out your coffee.

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Just like a loss brings out all the doom and gloomers. dot net isn't more quiet than after a Hibs win. Strange that....

Not sure what is funny about someone saying they will judge the manager over the next 1, 2, 5, 10, X games. You must have a strange sense of humour if that's what makes you spit out your coffee.

It's not exactly rocket science is it?, the next 5 games?, why has he got a magic wand?, he's the worst manager in years at ER and I really can't understand why some of you on here want to give him more games in charge, coupled with last seasons mess and now this I don't think he will be with us much longer...oh and I don't drink coffee...

:wink:

HibsMax
31-08-2011, 02:50 PM
It's not exactly rocket science is it?, the next 5 games?, why has he got a magic wand?, he's the worst manager in years at ER and I really can't understand why some of you on here want to give him more games in charge, coupled with last seasons mess and now this I don't think he will be with us much longer...oh and I don't drink coffee...

:wink:

You lost me. What has any of what you said got to do with someone saying that they will judge CC over the next 5 games?

As for the bit in bold, perhaps I can elaborate for you, at least as far as I am concerned.

Hibs cannot keep replacing the manager. It's as simple as that. We need some stability. Whether that be with CC or someone else, we can't keep swapping things around. Each time we switch the manager we're effectively starting from square one.

Last season's mess was more to do with what CC inherited than anything else IMO. CC's arrival didn't do anything to get us out of the mess we were in and barring one month of good results there was little good to say about what he achieved.

But we're in a new season that has barely got started and I think it's only fair to see what he can do with the new players. The transfer window isn't even closed yet people are lamenting over his ineffectiveness after two windows. Yes, he's had two windows but we have to give him time to see what he can do with the players brought in over the summer. 5 games is not long enough in my opinion.

SquashedFrogg
31-08-2011, 02:56 PM

Bit early to start drinking??

Can't be bothered checking your previous posts but here's the stats from my previous post..

Shocking record.

Coventry City- Games 215 won 70 Drew 56 lost 89 win % 32.56
Southampton- Games 110 won 39 Drew 32 lost 39 win % 35.45
Celtic- Games 182 won 122 Drew 28 lost 32 win % 67.03
Middlesbrough- Games 46 won 13 Drew 13 lost 20 win % 28.26

Dirkster23
31-08-2011, 03:02 PM
You lost me. What has any of what you said got to do with someone saying that they will judge CC over the next 5 games?

As for the bit in bold, perhaps I can elaborate for you, at least as far as I am concerned.

Hibs cannot keep replacing the manager. It's as simple as that. We need some stability. Whether that be with CC or someone else, we can't keep swapping things around. Each time we switch the manager we're effectively starting from square one.

Last season's mess was more to do with what CC inherited than anything else IMO. CC's arrival didn't do anything to get us out of the mess we were in and barring one month of good results there was little good to say about what he achieved.

But we're in a new season that has barely got started and I think it's only fair to see what he can do with the new players. The transfer window isn't even closed yet people are lamenting over his ineffectiveness after two windows. Yes, he's had two windows but we have to give him time to see what he can do with the players brought in over the summer. 5 games is not long enough in my opinion.

With all due respect Max, it's very easy to say he should be given to Christmas when you've not paid for season tickets or having to sit through mind numbing football. I wanted CC to be a success, but it clear he's taking us backwards, not forwards.

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-08-2011, 03:04 PM

OK fair enough, if your quite happy to see this idiot out then that's your prerogative, I agree with the chopping and changing but after 55 years of supporting and watching Hibs I'm eager to get the next one right as it's in our great heritage and history that we deserve much much better than this shambles at the moment.

Monts
31-08-2011, 03:14 PM

Can't be bothered checking your previous posts but here's the stats from my previous post..

Shocking record.

Just to expand on that, if you were counting a season as 38 games, then his points totals would average around:

Coventry - 46 points
Southampton - 51 points
Middlesbrough - 42 Points

Hibs points totals for the last 5 seasons are:

10/11 - 37 points
09/10 - 54 points
08/09 - 47 points
07/08 - 52 points
06/07 - 49 points

Golden Bear
31-08-2011, 03:23 PM
With all due respect Max, it's very easy to say he should be given to Christmas when you've not paid for season tickets or having to sit through mind numbing football. I wanted CC to be a sucsess, but it clear he's taking us backwards, not forwards.

That about sums it up for me as well.

JimBHibees
31-08-2011, 03:29 PM
That about sums it up for me as well.

I am not sure about Christmas but he is surely due until the end of October or so to see how his team develops. He is now out of excuses that is for sure and there needs to be a marked improvement on the second halfs of the St Mirren and the derby, pronto.

Golden Bear
31-08-2011, 03:46 PM
I am not sure about Christmas but he is surely due until the end of October or so to see how his team develops. He is now out of excuses that is for sure and there needs to be a marked improvement on the second halfs of the St Mirren and the derby, pronto.

The predicament the Club finds itself now is akin to this time last season.

We were all of the opinion that the Club had a decent squad of players and were underachieving but given time they could be moulded into a team which should at least finish 4th in the league. (how wrong could we be eh?)

This time around, I'm again of the opinion that we have a fairly strong pool of players and given the resources that has been made available to CC then a top 4 finish should not be out of the question.

HOWEVER - it's ok having the ingredients but if you don't know how to bake the cake then you'll never come up with the finished article. I really hope I'm wrong but on the evidence so far, CC will never make a Master chef.

silverhibee
31-08-2011, 03:50 PM

:tee hee:

heretoday
31-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Hibs couldn't afford Strachan and that's that. He's got an ego and would feel as though he was lowering himself. Also the Celts would be in for him again if Lennon had a bad season.

I'm hoping Hibs can string some results together in September and things will look a bit brighter.

Golden Bear
31-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Hibs couldn't afford Strachan and that's that. He's got an ego and would feel as though he was lowering himself. Also the Celts would be in for him again if Lennon had a bad season.

I'm hoping Hibs can string some results together in September and things will look a bit brighter.

I would think that Gordon Strachan is already a very wealthy man and I don't think the size of salary that goes with the Hibs job would be a major factor if he ever had to make the decision. And he is on record as saying that one day he would like to be in charge at ER.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Shocking record.

What's the non loss ratio? Let's face it for a Hibs manager that's the more important stat?

Robinho08
31-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Strachan??? No thanks.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2011, 05:30 PM
What's the non loss ratio? Let's face it for a Hibs manager that's the more important stat?
See brackets done on iPhone and not verified by Norris mcwhirter ;)

Shocking record.

Coventry City- Games 215 won 70 Drew 56 lost 89 win % 32.56. * *(58%)
Southampton- Games 110 won 39 Drew 32 lost 39 win % 35.45. *(64%*)
Celtic- Games 182 won 122 Drew 28 lost 32 win % 67.03. (75%)
Middlesbrough- Games 46 won 13 Drew 13 lost 20 win % 28.26. * * * *(56%)

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2011, 06:30 PM
See brackets done on iPhone and not verified by Norris mcwhirter ;)

Shocking record.

Coventry City- Games 215 won 70 Drew 56 lost 89 win % 32.56. * *(58%)
Southampton- Games 110 won 39 Drew 32 lost 39 win % 35.45. *(64%*)
Celtic- Games 182 won 122 Drew 28 lost 32 win % 67.03. (75%)
Middlesbrough- Games 46 won 13 Drew 13 lost 20 win % 28.26. * * * *(56%)

tamig
31-08-2011, 06:54 PM

Wouldn't want that horrible little man anywhere near ER. As others have said, what has he done at the club's he's been at - other than Celtic where he could outspend all others in a sub-standard league?

Wellbankhibby
31-08-2011, 10:40 PM
I really cant understand some people on this site. As I have said many times everyone is entitled to their opinion but for heavens sake if someone or something ( Our Team) need major surgery you dont just ignore it. Common sense tells you it will only get worse. Many of the posts say they want to give CC a chance I always back the manager of Hibs but Not him, believe me if RP agreed to let him go he wouldnt give us a second thought. As for Gordon strachan i personally think many of you dislike him because he was at Celtic. In MY OPINION he would do a great job for us. Some of you have said we coudnt afford him that is rubbish, firstly If he was offerred the position it would be a football decision that the board would have to back him. Some of you say he would clash with RP that is no bad thing thats partly why we are in this state ex managers not being assertive enough. As for the fans who say give him time as he has only had a handful of games I would comment that he has had lots of games in charge, yes he inherited players who he didnt like but he brought his own players in secondly if I could see ANY improvement in the team I would be quiet and ignore my feelings but the Facts are there is NO improvement at all WE are dreadful and I cant see this getting any better. My final point is the turnover of managers I do agree that our turnover of managers is poor just now but if you want the team to succeed lets get the right manager in, someone who acctually wants to be with us. :confused:

silverhibee
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
I really cant understand some people on this site. As I have said many times everyone is entitled to their opinion but for heavens sake if someone or something ( Our Team) need major surgery you dont just ignore it. Common sense tells you it will only get worse. Many of the posts say they want to give CC a chance I always back the manager of Hibs but Not him, believe me if RP agreed to let him go he wouldnt give us a second thought. As for Gordon strachan i personally think many of you dislike him because he was at Celtic. In MY OPINION he would do a great job for us. Some of you have said we coudnt afford him that is rubbish, firstly If he was offerred the position it would be a football decision that the board would have to back him. Some of you say he would clash with RP that is no bad thing thats partly why we are in this state ex managers not being assertive enough. As for the fans who say give him time as he has only had a handful of games I would comment that he has had lots of games in charge, yes he inherited players who he didnt like but he brought his own players in secondly if I could see ANY improvement in the team I would be quiet and ignore my feelings but the Facts are there is NO improvement at all WE are dreadful and I cant see this getting any better. My final point is the turnover of managers I do agree that our turnover of managers is poor just now but if you want the team to succeed lets get the right manager in, someone who acctually wants to be with us. :confused:

And you think it should be Strapon,:rolleyes: got news for you, Mr Petrie is happy with Colin Calderwood being the Hibs manager so get used to it, Mr Petrie is not about to get rid of CC after fighting tooth and nail to keep him at Hibs over the summer, Petrie has backed his man and he is not about to get rid of him after four or five games this season.

Lucius Apuleius
01-09-2011, 05:47 AM

Nah, it can only, and will, get better. In Caldo we trust. As for the GP, no thanks and nothing to do with celtc connections.

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

tamig
01-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Well you're entitled to your opinion. However, Calderwood has played largely with the dross left from when he took over. He has now got his own men in. I'd say he's only had one game to pick from his full squad and, even then, there were a few not fully fit and only just coming back from injury. We can see what the new guys do over the coming months. I'm pretty sure we won't be in 12th place for much longer.