PDA

View Full Version : West of Scotland supporters?

yeezus.
31-08-2011, 07:36 AM
I know there used to be a West of Scotland supporters group, but I've herd that it is basically non-existent now.

I live in Stranraer (birth place of CC), does anyone know if a bus still runs to Easter Road from Glasgow at all? I got a service bus to Edinburgh for the game against Hearts, but there was just me on it... not much of an atmosphere.

:confused:

Saorsa
31-08-2011, 07:40 AM
I know there used to be a West of Scotland supporters group, but I've herd that it is basically non-existent now.

I live in Stranraer (birth place of CC), does anyone know if a bus still runs to Easter Road from Glasgow at all? I got a service bus to Edinburgh for the game against Hearts, but there was just me on it... not much of an atmosphere.

:confused:I know a good few of them used tae post (probably still do) on the Bounce, I have nae idea about on here TBH but there might be some on here. Might be better trying there. :dunno:

yeezus.
31-08-2011, 07:44 AM
I know a good few of them used tae post (probably still do) on the Bounce, I have nae idea about on here TBH but there might be some on here. Might be better trying there. :dunno:

Thanks, I had problems registering on there, the e-mail I got of one supporter said unless Hibs start picking up points there won't be a revival any time soon.

I don't plan on going again till we play Aber at ER, not worth travelling up for a 30 minute testimonial match this Sat as much as I'd like to.

cwilliamson85
31-08-2011, 08:23 AM
I usually get teh train through for games.

If you wear colours you can usually spot the other hibees on the train and get chatting away.

kennyh
31-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Andrew,

There used to be a wee hard core of us over here. Numbers have dwindled significantly over the last few years.
There was a desire to run busses up North for a few games but even that fell away and we tened to look for group deals on the train. The last coordinated trip was well over a year ago up to Pittodrie when about 14 of us headed up and as we travelled from Glassgow we had a wee swally on the train while all the east coasters headed back on the dry trains. The look on the cops faces was brilliant as they tried to take away our carry out in Aberdeen for us to tell them they couldnt as we were heading back to the Weege.

Most of us who still go to the LSS do our own thing and drive through. The days of massive sessions on the train seem to be a thing of the past.

There is a section on the Bounce for branches but it may as well close as I tried to see if there was anyone who fancied a train deal to Inverness away and there were no takers similarly with a game at the end of last season.

Kenny H

Darth Hibbie
31-08-2011, 11:12 AM
There is a facebook sit that has the odd update

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=313055762076&ref=ts

I (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=313055762076&ref=ts) tend to drive through, although I got the train from Motherwell for the St Mirren game £2.40 return :thumbsup:

yeezus.
31-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Andrew,

There used to be a wee hard core of us over here. Numbers have dwindled significantly over the last few years.
There was a desire to run busses up North for a few games but even that fell away and we tened to look for group deals on the train. The last coordinated trip was well over a year ago up to Pittodrie when about 14 of us headed up and as we travelled from Glassgow we had a wee swally on the train while all the east coasters headed back on the dry trains. The look on the cops faces was brilliant as they tried to take away our carry out in Aberdeen for us to tell them they couldnt as we were heading back to the Weege.

Most of us who still go to the LSS do our own thing and drive through. The days of massive sessions on the train seem to be a thing of the past.

There is a section on the Bounce for branches but it may as well close as I tried to see if there was anyone who fancied a train deal to Inverness away and there were no takers similarly with a game at the end of last season.

Kenny H

Ah right.

I don't know any other fans in Stranraer, but I was studying up at Aberdeen for a while and met a few who were going to organise a bus. But the way things are going with my exams it looks like I won't be back.

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks, I had problems registering on there, the e-mail I got of one supporter said unless Hibs start picking up points there won't be a revival any time soon.

I don't plan on going again till we play Aber at ER, not worth travelling up for a 30 minute testimonial match this Sat as much as I'd like to.

What do you mean 30 minutes??

Renfrew_Hibby
01-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi Andrew, how you doing?

I'm west coast born and bred. Grew up in Ayr and i've been in Renfrew for about 6 years now (in laws are all Buddies, what fun right now!)
I've had a season ticket since 94/95 season and used to go through on the train from Ayr. Only ever encountered the odd loan Hibby over the years on the trains and just the odd conversations here and there. Since moving up here i just drive through as i can get back home so much quicker and you still got the whole Saturday night to yourself of for midweek games i'm in bed for a decent time.

I think in general supportes busses are becomming a thing of the past unless for cup finals ect. Hopefully you can hook up with a Hibby or two in Ayrshire to make your journeys more enjoyable, a bus all the way from Stranraer and back in very commendable. You are nominated for fan of the year!

Question for me is... Any Hibbies in Renfrewshire/Inverclyde?

DH1875
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Don't know how many of them still go to games but there's loads of guy's who use the bounce. I can think of at least 20, although I'd agree with Kenny they don't use the supporters club page anymore. There was ment to be a trip organised for Killie last season but nothing ever came of it. If I were you I'd try and post this thread on the main board of the bounce. You won't find any buses but you might find room in one of the car pools. Other than that there's a couple of guy's who post on here from ayrshire who might be able to help you out. If you find your not getting anywhere start to use the trains. You won't find a lot of fans but you get the odd one or two.

DH1875
03-09-2011, 10:23 AM
OK here's another one.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?217200-Transport-to-er-from-Glasgow-Greenock-Port-Glasgow-areas&p=2906568#post2906568

Hate to point out the bloody obvious but that's at least enough to fill a motor. Throw in the guys like me who don't make every game and some guy's from the bounce then you've got the makings of a couple of good days out :thumbsup:.

Green and white
03-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi Andrew, how you doing?

I'm west coast born and bred. Grew up in Ayr and i've been in Renfrew for about 6 years now (in laws are all Buddies, what fun right now!)
I've had a season ticket since 94/95 season and used to go through on the train from Ayr. Only ever encountered the odd loan Hibby over the years on the trains and just the odd conversations here and there. Since moving up here i just drive through as i can get back home so much quicker and you still got the whole Saturday night to yourself of for midweek games i'm in bed for a decent time.

I think in general supportes busses are becomming a thing of the past unless for cup finals ect. Hopefully you can hook up with a Hibby or two in Ayrshire to make your journeys more enjoyable, a bus all the way from Stranraer and back in very commendable. You are nominated for fan of the year!

Question for me is... Any Hibbies in Renfrewshire/Inverclyde?

Aye mate I'm from Port Glasgow in Inverclyde. Made a thread the other day about looking for a Glasgow supporters club but it looks pretty dry the now. It would be quality if we could have a bus run right through Glasgow or something. Would actually consider a season ticket if that was the case.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?217200-Transport-to-er-from-Glasgow-Greenock-Port-Glasgow-areas&p=2906887#post2906887

Renfrew_Hibby
04-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Work in Greenoak mate, have i passed you on the A8? Passed a black car a few times going to work that has a hibs window sticker in the back. Is it you?

Aye mate I'm from Port Glasgow in Inverclyde. Made a thread the other day about looking for a Glasgow supporters club but it looks pretty dry the now. It would be quality if we could have a bus run right through Glasgow or something. Would actually consider a season ticket if that was the case.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?217200-Transport-to-er-from-Glasgow-Greenock-Port-Glasgow-areas&p=2906887#post2906887

Renfrew_Hibby
04-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Work in Greenock (Greenoak's a pub ha ha)
Work in Greenoak mate, have i passed you on the A8? Passed a black car a few times going to work that has a hibs window sticker in the back. Is it you?

Green and white
08-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Work in Greenock (Greenoak's a pub ha ha)

nah mate I'm only 19 and the only thing I drive is my family up the wall. small world mate, do you go to er much?

Renfrew_Hibby
09-09-2011, 09:50 AM
nah mate I'm only 19 and the only thing I drive is my family up the wall. small world mate, do you go to er much?

Season ticket since 1994! Cant make every home game but get to most.

First Hibs game... Skol Cup quater finals, Ayr at Sommerset Park (0-2) McGinlay & Wright on our road to glory!
First game at ER... Hibs 0 Celtic 0 March/April 1993/94 season. Stood on the old East terrace for that one!

Must have clocked up over 300 games since then, been to most away grounds but only ever once or twice apart from Ayr (loads of visits in my school days, Killie and St.Mirren, the later i visit fairly often!

Green and white
11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Season ticket since 1994! Cant make every home game but get to most.

First Hibs game... Skol Cup quater finals, Ayr at Sommerset Park (0-2) McGinlay & Wright on our road to glory!
First game at ER... Hibs 0 Celtic 0 March/April 1993/94 season. Stood on the old East terrace for that one!

Must have clocked up over 300 games since then, been to most away grounds but only ever once or twice apart from Ayr (loads of visits in my school days, Killie and St.Mirren, the later i visit fairly often!

do you just drive up to games mate? I'm looking into a season ticket myself, not so sure yet though as I play myself every Sunday.

mickki40
12-09-2011, 03:06 AM
I stay in Wishaw... season ticket holder. Go through on train mainly. But sometimes drive the van through if I aint having a swally. Big Tam and Cassie stay in Fauldhouse as well.

Renfrew_Hibby
15-09-2011, 11:08 AM
FAO Green & White, i do drive through myself but from renfrew. Cant make the next home game due to work, it's getting harder to justify getting a season ticket and this might be my last for a while (probably not though cos i say that every year :greengrin) but maybe we could hook up at some point later in the season for a game.

DH1875
15-09-2011, 01:14 PM
FAO Green & White, i do drive through myself but from renfrew. Cant make the next home game due to work, it's getting harder to justify getting a season ticket and this might be my last for a while (probably not though cos i say that every year :greengrin) but maybe we could hook up at some point later in the season for a game.

Your missing a trick there. If you got another 3 bodies at a tenner a trip I'm sure the 10 minute detour into the city to pick them up would be well worth it. Ticket aside it pays for your day out :wink:.

Green and white
25-09-2011, 03:48 PM
anyone going to the st johnstone game?