PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Disabled Supporters Association

oconnors_strip
30-08-2011, 07:47 PM
On the 23rd May 2011 the Hibernian FC Disabled Supporters' Association was launched. There was a large number of fans at the meeting and five people volunteered to be involved in the committee Janet Craig, Peter Dzerdz, Walter Dods, David Inverarity and Nikki Oldroyd. The interim committee at its first meeting appointed Walter Dods as Chairman and Nikki Oldroyd as Secretary and David Inverarity as Treasurer.

The association intends to utilise the skills and expertise of disabled supporters in assisting Hibernian Football Club to enhance the facilities and experience of supporting Hibernian for disabled people.

The association has had a membership leaflet produced and with the assistance from Hibernian Football Club these leaflets should be dropping through people letterboxes quite soon. And in time a meeting for all members will be had.

Apparently the association has already claimed another first for Hibernian by being the first Scottish Disabled Supporters Association with it own website. http://hfcdsa.webs.com/index.htm The Association is looking for someone to take the role of Webmaster for this site and if you are interested you can e-mail Walter on walterdods@btinternet.com

Annual Membership Fees are Adult £7.50, Student & OAP £5.00, Junior £2.50

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for giving us this info.

Very good idea, IMO, and good luck to the new Association.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2011, 08:58 PM
All the best with this.

I'll probably not be able to get through to Edinburgh too much for meetings etc. but I'm certainly willing to support this organisation as much as I can.

If you're ever looking for any assistance, just get in touch. :aok:

oconnors_strip
02-09-2011, 01:38 PM
The fans who are registered on the club's database as disabled, did you get a leaflet through the post this morning?

Sir David Gray
02-09-2011, 03:36 PM
The fans who are registered on the club's database as disabled, did you get a leaflet through the post this morning?

I received mine this morning.

I've got a few questions that hopefully you can answer for me;

1-How long does membership last for, is it renewed annually?
2-What does being a member of HFCDSA allow you to do?
3-Can you give any specific examples of what the association hopes to achieve from the money raised from membership fees?

Cheers!

jakki
02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I got mine too.:thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
05-09-2011, 06:55 PM
I received mine this morning.

I've got a few questions that hopefully you can answer for me;

1-How long does membership last for, is it renewed annually?
2-What does being a member of HFCDSA allow you to do?
3-Can you give any specific examples of what the association hopes to achieve from the money raised from membership fees?

Cheers!

sorry for the delay

1. Yes, is it renewed annually

2. To participate within the Association and have their views taken to the highest level at Hibernian and in Europe through our membership of CAFE (Centre for Access to Football in Europe)

3. As the Association is self-funded, the membership fees shall assist with the administrative costs of the Association. We would also hope in the future to organise events, like a 'Player of the Year' But, we would want to see what the members would like us to do as an Association and take it from there.

Sir David Gray
13-09-2011, 02:06 PM
sorry for the delay

1. Yes, is it renewed annually

2. To participate within the Association and have their views taken to the highest level at Hibernian and in Europe through our membership of CAFE (Centre for Access to Football in Europe)

3. As the Association is self-funded, the membership fees shall assist with the administrative costs of the Association. We would also hope in the future to organise events, like a 'Player of the Year' But, we would want to see what the members would like us to do as an Association and take it from there.

Sorry, just remembered about this thread!

Cheers for the replies. I will send in my form over the next few days or so.

Have you had many responses so far?

oconnors_strip
13-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Sorry, just remembered about this thread!

Cheers for the replies. I will send in my form over the next few days or so.

Have you had many responses so far?

have had a fair few in the short amount of time they have been out. we had an article in the programme on saturday so hopefully we get some more interest.

btw is it you who has been in contact with keith ferguson?

Sir David Gray
13-09-2011, 10:20 PM
have had a fair few in the short amount of time they have been out. we had an article in the programme on saturday so hopefully we get some more interest.

btw is it you who has been in contact with keith ferguson?

Yes, I met with him last year and have been in fairly regular contact with him via e-mail ever since.

It's good news that there's a bit of interest in this. I'm really keen for this to really get off the ground and I've got a number of issues regarding wheelchair facilities at Scottish grounds that I would like us to highlight with other associations. I tried to take on a couple of clubs myself a couple of years ago with writing letters but when you're a lone voice, it's like hitting your head off a brick wall. Hopefully with this association in place, we can start to really get somewhere.

tamig
15-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Sounds like a really worthwhile initiative and good luck to all of those involved.