30-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Nothing to base that on, but we will win the next derby :agree:

Sir David Gray
30-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I love your optimism.

I'll leave it at that. :aok:

FRes Hibbie
30-08-2011, 01:49 PM
If the board are brave and stick with CC (which I think they will) then I reckon we'll properly gub them at Easter Road this season.

ac1
30-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I think we should try and do our talking on the park for once against Hearts.........................

KWJ
30-08-2011, 01:55 PM
And in the top 6.

I miss you Bernz. :flag:

Hermit Crab
30-08-2011, 01:56 PM

This post has just reminded me to go for a pint or 6!

Lucius Apuleius
30-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Confidence is starting to ooze from the pores.

:flag::flag::cgwa:flag::flag:

Mango Man
30-08-2011, 02:06 PM
I always expect to get beat off them, it's all I've ever known (except the odd victory, 6-2, 3-0, 1-0 etc) in my 20 odd years supporting Hibs, I don't even go to derbys anymore, last one was the semi, also I think I was at the majority of the 22 in a row :grr:

Monkey Harris
30-08-2011, 02:21 PM
DShould have done them the last time at Easter Road. With O'Conner getting service will do them at home.

Monts
30-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Id even go so far as to say we wont get lose either of the derbies at Easter Road :wink:

sunshine1875
30-08-2011, 02:26 PM

You on drugs!!!!

KWJ
30-08-2011, 02:27 PM
The drug of love.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2011, 02:29 PM
The drug of love.

Need to up the dosage then!

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2011, 02:32 PM

:confused:

Nothing to base it on but humans will land on Mars on 27th April 2024 at exactly 10.22 EST.

And the point of your post is........................?

Arch Stanton
30-08-2011, 02:36 PM

Nothing to base it on but humans will land on Mars on 27th April 2024 at exactly 10.22 EST.

Can't you get an earlier ticket?

HibsMax
30-08-2011, 02:45 PM

that he thinks Hibs will beat Hearts when they come to Easter Road?

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Can't you get an earlier ticket?

Thanks for your confidence in me as astronaut material! :wink:

Leading up to Sunday's game a number of posters were stating that we would beat Hearts, (not saying that they thought we would, but that we would). I found those posts irritating and I find this one equally so, TBH. The OP's perfectly entitled to post and I'm perfectly entitled to ask what the point of the post is.

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Can't see it TBH. It will probably end with them getting a lucky point or winning 2-1 with 2 shots in the whole game.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2011, 02:57 PM
that he thinks Hibs will beat Hearts when they come to Easter Road?

If you really want to be pedantic, he's not saying he thinks we'll beat them, he's saying we will beat them.

If the tables were turned, Hibs hadn't lost a derby in over 2 years and this was being said on Kickback, we'd be ripping the KB poster to shreds.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Can't see it TBH. It will probably end with them getting a lucky point or winning 2-1 with 2 shots in the whole game.

Unless something major changes between now and then, they will not need any luck or run of the ball to beat us quite convincingly.

Luck certainly had nothing to do with it on Sunday - they were extremely ordinary and still outplayed us completely.

.Sean.
30-08-2011, 03:05 PM
No we won't. Our team is full of spineless twats and we've a manager who couldn't excite a whoore.

Hearts always beat us, it's brutal and I cannae see it changing until we have a radical overhaul starting at the very top.

Saorsa
30-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Nothing to base that on, but we will win the next derby :agree:I really hope I'm fit in time for that game then, wouldnae want tae miss that.

Banff
30-08-2011, 05:23 PM
hahaha the OP is a cracker:faf:

Albion Hibs
30-08-2011, 05:26 PM

Agreed mate, after taking nothing but text pelters from all jambo mates as I was walking out of the stadium on Sunday that was the only thing that I could think about. Role on 2nd January and we will take the rancid little grunts down to our bit and give them a good horsing.

Wotherspiniesta
30-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I really hope I'm fit in time for that game then, wouldnae want tae miss that.

Can you play centre back? :aok:

Arch Stanton
30-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks for your confidence in me as astronaut material! :wink:

Leading up to Sunday's game a number of posters were stating that we would beat Hearts, (not saying that they thought we would, but that we would). I found those posts irritating and I find this one equally so, TBH. The OP's perfectly entitled to post and I'm perfectly entitled to ask what the point of the post is.

Some folk talk up our chances and other folk go the opposite way - you need to loosen up, we all do things differently - Jung thinks so and he should know!

EK_Hibs
30-08-2011, 05:37 PM
No we won't. Our team is full of spineless twats and we've a manager who couldn't excite a whore.

Hearts always beat us, it's brutal and I cannae see it changing until we have a radical overhaul starting at the very top.

Spot on. Sad but true.

alexedwards
30-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I think we should try and do our talking on the park for once against Hearts.........................

:agree:

connerg
30-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Spot on. Sad but true.

Our derby record since those ****s got promoted in 1983 is utterly shocking. I hate to think what the real stats are and truth be known i really don't want to know.

What i do know and have witnessed all to often is they are always up for it and for some inexplicable reason we are not. :confused::confused::confused:

sesoim
30-08-2011, 06:41 PM
If the board are brave and stick with CC (which I think they will) then I reckon we'll properly gub them at Easter Road this season.

I take the opposite point of view. If we get someone new in who understands how to get the best out of players, I think we can go on a good run and maybe start to beat Hearts again. We have a decent squad apart from a lack of reliable CBs. I think CC is decent at signing players, but he is also the main reason all the players look rubbish at the moment.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Some folk talk up our chances and other folk go the opposite way - you need to loosen up, we all do things differently - Jung thinks so and he should know!

Saying we will win isn't talking up our chances, it's making a meaningless statement, IMHO.

I'm not denying the OP's right to say it if he wants, though.

BTW Carl Jung probably supported FC Basel or FC Zürich so his views don't count here! :wink:

Saorsa
30-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Can you play centre back? :aok:Unfortunately no.

I just meant fit enough tae get along tae ER tae witness this great upcoming event :agree:

Monts
30-08-2011, 08:29 PM
I find it interesting that many on here believe that one of the main reasons for our poor derby record is that they simply always believe they will win. Its no wonder we don't win when anyone that thinks we will win is roundly ridiculed.......

Sir David Gray
30-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Our derby record since those ****s got promoted in 1983 is utterly shocking. I hate to think what the real stats are and truth be known i really don't want to know.

What i do know and have witnessed all to often is they are always up for it and for some inexplicable reason we are not. :confused::confused::confused:

Edinburgh derby results since 1983/84;

Hearts wins-48
Draws-40
Hibs wins-20

That's not even one win in every five matches over a period of almost 30 years. :rolleyes:

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I find it interesting that many on here believe that one of the main reasons for our poor derby record is that they simply always believe they will win. Its no wonder we don't win when anyone that thinks we will win is roundly ridiculed.......

What counts is the belief, or lack of it, that the respective teams have. I very much doubt someone on a fans' forum challenging the unfounded statement that Hibs WILL win next time is the reason we don't win. Or do you think all of us pretending there's nothing wrong and chanting the mantra "Hibs will win" will make it happen?

nortonhibby
30-08-2011, 09:54 PM

when did we last win a Derby been taking my kid for over 2 yaras now.

givescotlandfreedom
30-08-2011, 10:10 PM
When our reserves beat them at Swiney we were a weaker team than we are now IMO.

connerg
30-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Edinburgh derby results since 1983/84;

Hearts wins-48
Draws-40
Hibs wins-20

That's not even one win in every five matches over a period of almost 30 years. :rolleyes:

That's better than i thought! Still a poor poor record though! How many last minute equaliser's/winners have those tramps had against us?
No, please don't expand any further. Thanks for the research anyway.

CRAZYHIBBY
30-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Its about belief and having a manager to install that belief in his players. Hearts believe they can beat us every time and nearly always do. Alex mcleish got his team fired up every time and unless im mistaken he never lost a derby. Calderwood has an eye for a player but IMO is nothing more than a number 2. We need a proper manager that knows what hes doing, Strachan would be a good bet but i really dont think he would come.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2011, 10:48 PM
When our reserves beat them at Swiney we were a weaker team than we are now IMO.

Hibs team that won at Tynecastle in 2009;

Makalambay

van Zanten
Thicot
Murray
Hanlon

O'Brien
Chisholm
Rankin
Stevenson

Riordan
Fletcher

Hibs team that played at Tynecastle on Sunday;

Stack

Booth
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Towell

Thornhill
Sproule
Murray
Osbourne

O'Connor
Agogo

We have a better goalkeeper, defence and midfield is probably negligible and our forward line was undoubtedly stronger two years ago.

FRes Hibbie
30-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Its about belief and having a manager to install that belief in his players. Hearts believe they can beat us every time and nearly always do. Alex mcleish got his team fired up every time and unless im mistaken he never lost a derby. Calderwood has an eye for a player but IMO is nothing more than a number 2. We need a proper manager that knows what hes doing, Strachan would be a good bet but i really dont think he would come.

Strachan's old firm derby record wasn't that great, particularly at Ibrox, even when they won the league 3(?) times in a row, that was one of the reasons the Celtic fans disliked him so much.

Sas_The_Hibby
31-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Strachan's old firm derby record wasn't that great, particularly at Ibrox, even when they won the league 3(?) times in a row, that was one of the reasons the Celtic fans disliked him so much.

If he wins us 3 leagues in a row but loses all the derbies I can live with that! :wink:

Monts
22-12-2011, 02:29 AM
:wink:

KWJ
22-12-2011, 03:04 AM
:wink:

:na na::flag:

chrisski33
22-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Its about belief and having a manager to install that belief in his players. Hearts believe they can beat us every time and nearly always do. Alex mcleish got his team fired up every time and unless im mistaken he never lost a derby. Calderwood has an eye for a player but IMO is nothing more than a number 2. We need a proper manager that knows what hes doing, Strachan would be a good bet but i really dont think he would come.Errr calderwood was pish and the players he brought in are cr@p

Springbank
22-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Hibs will win the derby 2.1 and i will be there to enjoy EVERY SINGLE MINUTE (so should you)