PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Window - ***EDG Contract Cancelled***/Mitter Signed??

Mikey
30-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Firstly, apologies to those of you who now have that rubbish song going around inside your head :greengrin

The transfer window closes on Wednesday 31st so let's keep tabs on who goes where.

Will Hibs manage to bring anyone else in? There's a bounce match at East Mains today so you never know, we might be looking at someone!

Let's see if we can do this without made up names and dodgy puns :wink:

SneakersO'Toole
30-08-2011, 12:21 PM
If I could realistically choose one player it would Mark Reynolds.

However, I think we will maybe see De Graff leave and I'll be surprised if we get anyone else after CC'c comments at the weekend.

JimBHibees
30-08-2011, 12:25 PM

However, I think we will maybe see De Graff leave and I'll be surprised if we get anyone else after CC'c comments at the weekend.

Yep agree with Reynolds. EDG will leave IMO possibly with a couple of others.

Allant1981
30-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Think we might see one more arrive, we really need another good CH in and drop hanlon for a wee while, guy hasnt been at the races in the last few games

Speedway
30-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Mark De Man :agree:

Hibs7
30-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Your on the wind up again Speedway !!

Speedway
30-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Your on the wind up again Speedway !!

Seriously.

aljo7-0
30-08-2011, 12:33 PM
The BBC website had it the De Man was playing for Kilmarnock in the bounce game - I had assumed they were looking at him not us.

Hibee87
30-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Viera and Pires to be paraded at E.R on Sunday with the announcement they have signed till the end of the season :agree:

Carlsberg dont do surprise sundays ......... but if they did :na na:

LancsHibs
30-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Viera and Pires to be paraded at E.R on Sunday with the announcement they have signed till the end of the season :agree:

Carlsberg dont do surprise sundays ......... but if they did :na na:

Heard they were looking for a club... more likely to join the Conservative Club or Dennis the Menace & Knasher fan club than ours unfortunately!!

Would love to see David Murphy back at LB push Booth up to LM and put Murray in at CH giving Hanlon a wee rest. Also would have Miky Stewart back in the middle for a bit of bite & craft!
What about Kirk Broadfoot and utilise Towell elsewhere??

NOLA
30-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Heard they were looking for a club... more likely to join the Conservative Club or Dennis the Menace & Knasher fan club than ours unfortunately!!

Would love to see David Murphy back at LB push Booth up to LM and put Murray in at CH giving Hanlon a wee rest. Also would have Miky Stewart back in the middle for a bit of bite & craft!
What about Kirk Broadfoot and utilise Towell elsewhere??
wouldnt want clubfoot anywhere near ER again, probably get homesick again.

Baldy
30-08-2011, 03:00 PM
put Murray in at CH

can someone please get that man drug tested

SteveHFC
30-08-2011, 04:02 PM
We could try and get Kirk Broadfoot

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Crawford and Smith join Brechin on loan until January..........

hibee92
30-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Surely he's not worth that never mind even more! :confused:

Captain Trips
30-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Surely he's not worth that never mind even more! :confused:

IMO I was surprised Rangers got him I think he is an excellent striker and could endup being worth a lot more than that fee.

BT58
30-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Thought that CC had stated that in his words
not mines, that the squad was PERFECT, and that no others were needed
Bt

jamiehibee
30-08-2011, 05:19 PM
IMO I was surprised Rangers got him I think he is an excellent striker and could endup being worth a lot more than that fee.

I agree, also with this little time before the window shutting I can't see them replacing him and I think they'll be relying on him for a lot of their goals this season.

Wotherspiniesta
30-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Never seen the big fuss regarding Jelavic to be honest. A hun mate of mine was raving about him last season, but he never really catches the eye when I see him play.

Seen on SSN earlier on that Sunderland have made a bid of about £10m for Peter Crouch but expect the bid to fall low of Tottenham's valuation.

Peter Crouch is worth more than £10m apparently...

Onceinawhile
30-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Owen Hargreaves is having a medical at man city according to sky sports news.. Strange!

aljo7-0
30-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Owen Hargreaves is having a medical at man city according to sky sports news.. Strange!
They are going to have to time that medical well as he's only fit for 15 minutes a season

hibee92
30-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Kevin Nolan - £4m
Javier Hernandez - £6m
Jelavic - £6.5m?

Hibernian Verse
30-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Kevin Nolan - £4m
Javier Hernandez - £6m
Jelavic - £6.5m?

22 goals in 33 appearances and did well in Austria as well. Definitely worth 6.5m. The two you've picked out were 'cheap' whereas I think 6.5m meets his valuation. Especially when you consider Scott Brown was 4.4m and Craig Gordon went for 9m.

SteveHFC
30-08-2011, 08:05 PM

Reynolds is playing for Sheff Wed tonight.

HibsCan
30-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Reynolds is playing for Sheff Wed tonight.

He is playing tonight and is not one of the 3 Wednesday players subbed for injuries after only 17 minutes.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2011, 08:18 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55022000/jpg/_55022416_bangura282.jpg

Celtic's new signing, Bangura. 22 years old. Seriously.

He's had a hard paper-round, that's for sure. One suspects there may be a touch of the Obafemi Martins' about this chap's passport :agree:

SteveHFC
30-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Werder Bremen's German international defender Per Mertesacker is set to undergo a medical at Arsenal.

DaveF
30-08-2011, 08:23 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55022000/jpg/_55022416_bangura282.jpg

Celtic's new signing, Bangura. 22 years old. Seriously.

He's had a hard paper-round, that's for sure. One suspects there may be a touch of the Obafemi Martins' about this chap's passport :agree:

Cue loads of shellsuited sellicks fans heading to the barbers for a Bangura :greengrin

yekimevol
30-08-2011, 08:46 PM
just got a text of my mate saying we had signed someone.

any ideas ? i have heard about mitter anyone else ?

Bayern Bru
30-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Paul Watson of Livingston.

SteveHFC
30-08-2011, 08:49 PM

He is a Hibs fan. :agree:

DaveF
30-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Never seen the big fuss regarding Jelavic to be honest. A hun mate of mine was raving about him last season, but he never really catches the eye when I see him play.

Seen on SSN earlier on that Sunderland have made a bid of about £10m for Peter Crouch but expect the bid to fall low of Tottenham's valuation.

Peter Crouch is worth more than £10m apparently...

£10m for a 30 year old? Madness :no way:

Mikey
31-08-2011, 08:16 AM
He is a Hibs fan. :agree:

So am I but I aint getting a game.

Yet :greengrin

Sylar
31-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Looks like Nicklas Bendtner is on the latest player to desert the sinking Arsenal ship.

If Van Persie and Chamakh both get injured, who do the Gunners have as backup? :confused:

hibsbollah
31-08-2011, 08:29 AM

The Almond Valley Sauzee, as he's commonly known.
Also played with Hanlon and Galbraith at Hutchison Vale, apparently.

Gatecrasher
31-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Or us poor souls with no access to SSN or other media without the gaffer going nuts, what's the highlights of deadline day so far?

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Or us poor souls with no access to SSN or other media without the gaffer going nuts, what's the highlights of deadline day so far?

Celtic winger Shaun Maloney is heading for talks with Wigan Athletic after the two clubs agreed a fee believed to be in the region of £1million.

Hearing reliable news that Robert Snodgrass could be on his way out of Leeds with Blackburn and two other Prem clubs interested."

Reports suggesting that Blackburn have agreed a fee with Birmingham for defender Scott Dann. If true, will that mean Chris Samba is on his way?

Stoke have agreed terms with Brum for Cameron Jerome

Modric - Redknapp insists - is going absolutely nowhere. Are you 100% sure, Redknapp is asked? "1,000,000% sure. He's staying."

movement at Everton, too. Though probably through the exit rather than the entrance. Joseph Yobo and Yakubu are close to leaving, it is reported.

Skysports.com understands Birmingham are closing in on a deal for Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger

Steven Davis could be about to leave Ibrox - possibly for Aston Villa - Leicester are pondering a new bid for Rangers' Nikica Jelavic

Talk that Arsenal striker Nicklas Bentdner's dad is at Stoke to negotiate a transfer for the Dane from London to the Britannia Stadium.

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Arsenal inquired about Mikel Arteta and Marouane Fellaini is also on the radar - but Everton are not expecting any major sales today."

Gatecrasher
31-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Celtic winger Shaun Maloney is heading for talks with Wigan Athletic after the two clubs agreed a fee believed to be in the region of £1million.

Hearing reliable news that Robert Snodgrass could be on his way out of Leeds with Blackburn and two other Prem clubs interested."

Reports suggesting that Blackburn have agreed a fee with Birmingham for defender Scott Dann. If true, will that mean Chris Samba is on his way?

Stoke have agreed terms with Brum for Cameron Jerome

Modric - Redknapp insists - is going absolutely nowhere. Are you 100% sure, Redknapp is asked? "1,000,000% sure. He's staying."

movement at Everton, too. Though probably through the exit rather than the entrance. Joseph Yobo and Yakubu are close to leaving, it is reported.

Skysports.com understands Birmingham are closing in on a deal for Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger

Steven Davis could be about to leave Ibrox - possibly for Aston Villa - Leicester are pondering a new bid for Rangers' Nikica Jelavic

Talk that Arsenal striker Nicklas Bentdner's dad is at Stoke to negotiate a transfer for the Dane from London to the Britannia Stadium.

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Arsenal inquired about Mikel Arteta and Marouane Fellaini is also on the radar - but Everton are not expecting any major sales today."
Thanks for the update:aok:

Speedway
31-08-2011, 09:03 AM
The Almond Valley Sauzee, as he's commonly known.
Also played with Hanlon and Galbraith at Hutchison Vale, apparently.

The Livvi Lebeouf apparently.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 10:29 AM
SSN reporting exciting news coming from old trafford, Sneijder ???

JimBHibees
31-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Looks like Nicklas Bendtner is on the latest player to desert the sinking Arsenal ship.

If Van Persie and Chamakh both get injured, who do the Gunners have as backup? :confused:

Just bought a Korean striker yesterday.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 10:43 AM
This was just posted on the bbc transfer deadline day ticker...

WGoodspeed on Twitter: (http://twitter.com/wgoodspeed) "Just spotted Michael Owen walking down Easter Road in Edinburgh. Late festival goer? Or Hibernian FC fan???"

JimBHibees
31-08-2011, 10:47 AM

WGoodspeed on Twitter: (http://twitter.com/wgoodspeed) "Just spotted Michael Owen walking down Easter Road in Edinburgh. Late festival goer? Or Hibernian FC fan???"

:faf::faf:

Posh Swanny
31-08-2011, 10:49 AM

:faf:

As if he would be walking.

hibernianyank
31-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Adam Mitter tweeted saying he is ready for a 4 hour car journey

Cabbage East
31-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Also spotted Owen on Easter Road 10 mins ago.

Jim44
31-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Also spotted Owen on Easter Road 10 mins ago.

That's odd. I just spotted him in the Trafford Centre an hour ago.

Cabbage East
31-08-2011, 10:54 AM
That's odd. I just spotted him in the Trafford Centre an hour ago.

We talking about the same guy? I'm talking about Owen O'Sullivan from Clerrie.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Did Owen not re-sign with Manure on a 1yr contract???

I heard the deal had broken down over Owen's outrageous request for a 20p mix to sign, FFS Petrie get it sorted !!!:greengrin

Jim44
31-08-2011, 10:59 AM
We talking about the same guy? I'm talking about Owen O'Sullivan from Clerrie.

Nah, I'm talking about Owen Wilson from Dallas.

MacBean
31-08-2011, 11:05 AM
On the BBC Deadline day Ticker:

:bye::faf::blah:

Niffy
31-08-2011, 11:05 AM

Is this from the same guy that has just spotted the Tache meeting with FJK and other guys in suits.

Mind you, maybe Jim is doing security now ?

ScottB
31-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Loving the tweet on BBC from a Hibs fan about Rangers signing big Nade :greengrin

paul_hfc3
31-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Heard from a reliable source who works at Hearts, that Mikey Stewart is signing for the Yams today, he's currently at the academy now.

Niffy
31-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Adam (mummy's buy) Mitter...

1 hour ago : 4 hour car journey ahead.

1 minute ago : Just passed welcome to Scotland signs.

Do the maths yersels.

EK_Hibs
31-08-2011, 11:11 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Stewart-may-return-for-third.6828415.jp

:agree:

Jim44
31-08-2011, 11:25 AM

Do the maths yersels.

His attention to detail leaves a lot to be desired. He conned quite a few yesterday but hasn't had the stamina to keep it going. Just as well he's not destined for the centre of our stalwart defence. :greengrin

Jim44
31-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Heard from a reliable source who works at Hearts, that Mikey Stewart is signing for the Yams today, he's currently at the academy now.

I'm surprised they've waited so long to do this business as it's been on the cards for weeks now.

Mikey
31-08-2011, 11:28 AM

Do the maths yersels.

Going by that it sounds like he's travelling to Dundee or Aberdeen!!

Speedway
31-08-2011, 11:36 AM

When he said he'd been offered a contract with Hibs, maybe it was Dundee Hibernian.

Franck is God
31-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I would think unless a senior member of the squad leaves freeing up wages we won't make any new signings today.

Hibs won't pay off DeGraaf as it would be too expensive but you do wonder after playing so well against Sunderland hasn't featured since whether there are moves available to him back in Holland.

I'm sure CC has a 'just in case' list of players should the money be available last minute and of course there is likely to be a massive list of free agents available tomorrow.

Darth Hibbie
31-08-2011, 11:39 AM

If he's taking that from his sat nav its probably right for Edinburgh. I usually find actual travel time is slightly less :greengrin

Mikey
31-08-2011, 11:41 AM
If he's taking that from his sat nav its probably right for Edinburgh. I usually find actual travel time is slightly less :greengrin

If he's taking the M74/A702 then someone in the area should arrest him for driving and tweeting :wink:

frazeHFC
31-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Posted by Gramo on Twitter: "Livingston's Paul Watson to sign for Hibs #BBCfootball (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23BBCfootball)"

Jim44
31-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Posted by Gramo on Twitter: "Livingston's Paul Watson to sign for Hibs #BBCfootball (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search?q=%23BBCfootball)"

The 'BBC Football' link seems to take you to the Hibs.net home page.:confused:

H18sry
31-08-2011, 12:45 PM
1340: Kilmarnock are poised to re-sign Udinese defender Mohamadou Sissoko on loan for the rest of the season, reports BBC Scotland's John Barnes.

Dunbar Hibee
31-08-2011, 12:55 PM

:agree: Yep, he has signed.

Hibs90
31-08-2011, 02:44 PM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Owen-Hargreaves1.png

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Would anyone consider John fleck for playing out on the left??

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 03:01 PM
On the BBC Deadline day Ticker:

:bye::faf::blah:

JimBHibees
31-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Would anyone consider John fleck for playing out on the left??

Yep have you heard anything?

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Yep have you heard anything?

Sorry no maybe i should of been more clear, i just noticed the Huns are trying to punt him on loan....think he would be a great addition to an area of the pitch we are short in.

Speedway
31-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Just seen that Forlan has replaced Eto'o at Inter and I read it as Foran replaces Eto'o.

Nearly choked on my Sports Mixture.

hailhail22
31-08-2011, 03:25 PM
bellamy looks to be going to liverpool just on sky sports news

JimBHibees
31-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Sorry no maybe i should of been more clear, i just noticed the Huns are trying to punt him on loan....think he would be a great addition to an area of the pitch we are short in.

Yep agree would imagine they will want him to play Championship though.

sundo1875
31-08-2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.coveritlive.com/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gif1967 champs:
calum booth heading to celtic park

just seen this on http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/268290-transfer-deadline-day-live-all-the-news-as-it-happens/

(http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/268290-transfer-deadline-day-live-all-the-news-as-it-happens/)

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 04:06 PM
http://www.coveritlive.com/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gif1967 champs:
calum booth heading to celtic park

just seen this on http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/268290-transfer-deadline-day-live-all-the-news-as-it-happens/
(http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/268290-transfer-deadline-day-live-all-the-news-as-it-happens/)

sundo1875
31-08-2011, 04:08 PM

exactly what i thought , then realised their after a left back

At The Edge
31-08-2011, 04:15 PM
One of my celtic mates mentioned this yesterday, he thought that it was all just forum talk........
Really can't see Boothy taking the trip west.

frazeHFC
31-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Earlier when i saw them talking on SSN i thought they might look at Booth. Doubt he will go, he is not stupid. He will have learnt not to go West.

Dunbar Hibee
31-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Earlier when i saw them talking on SSN i thought they might look at Booth. Doubt he will go, he is not stupid. He will have learnt not to go West.

Nah he wouldn't go.

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Shamrock have signed Jim Paterson and Rohan Ricketts.

Gus
31-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Nah he wouldn't go.

you know for certain? I don't think he would be on Celtic's radar, well he will, but think Charlie Mulgrew is better player at the MO. Boothy still young

Manxhibs
31-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Stephen Hughes?

BigBamba
31-08-2011, 06:34 PM
'Norwich City have released midfielder Stephen Hughes by mutual consent. The 28-year-old made two Canaries appearances last season, and was loaned out to MK Dons.'

Surely he would strengthen our midfield? :confused:

pacorosssco
31-08-2011, 06:38 PM
we need a playmaker?

Purehibee_MYB
31-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I heard that there is the possibility of Stephen Hughes coming to Hibs...dunno if there's any truth...

Col2
31-08-2011, 06:39 PM
'Norwich City have released midfielder Stephen Hughes by mutual consent. The 28-year-old made two Canaries appearances last season, and was loaned out to MK Dons.'

I would take him. Doesnt need to be by 11pm. Were yams not interested and he turned them down? Loan out EDG to make headroom?

edwards
31-08-2011, 06:39 PM

Tend to agree Bamba unless of course he is suspect with injury problems, would have preferred him to Osbourne.

frazeHFC
31-08-2011, 07:09 PM
El Hadji Diouf released :devil:

down-the-slope
31-08-2011, 07:10 PM
better not tell the ladies...but ICT have just signed a Chippendale :rolleyes:

R'Albin
31-08-2011, 07:22 PM
This Deadline day has been *****.

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 07:24 PM

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 07:29 PM

Was just thinking that, its depressing when they cut to Ecosse on SSN....."So whats happening up there??" ....."Nothing"

THink there may be a couple of big ones go through for the EPL tonight though.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 07:30 PM
El Hadji Diouf released :devil:

On bail??? :confused:

steakbake
31-08-2011, 07:35 PM

This, I think, rests the case that clubs just aren't spending just now. There's a clamour on here to spend big to keep up or overtake competitor clubs. Fact of the matter is that we've had a couple of signings and some loan agreements. I very much doubt we'll be forking out large transfer fees for people any time soon.

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 07:37 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AYMY6TOCEAEIml4.png

Gatecrasher
31-08-2011, 07:41 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AYMY6TOCEAEIml4.png

Thats a scary looking bunch :hilarious

At The Edge
31-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Just an update on the wee story of Celtic looking at Booth, they might have been, the Tache wanted 47 million up front :wink:, checked the tin but have went with Moroccan left-back Badr El Kaddouri on a six-month loan from Dynamo Kiev

Gatecrasher
31-08-2011, 07:49 PM
i wasn't expecting much from us to be honest, at least it doesn't look like we're going to lose any of our top players :aok:

Frazerbob
31-08-2011, 07:53 PM
i wasn't expecting much from us to be honest, at least it doesn't look like we're going to lose any of our top players :aok:

Top players?
:confused:

Hermit Crab
31-08-2011, 07:53 PM

Do we have any???:greengrin :wink::na na:

Barney McGrew
31-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Spurs rumoured to be in for Kaka

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Top players?

Tam McCourt :aok:

BEEJ
31-08-2011, 07:57 PM
This, I think, rests the case that clubs just aren't spending just now. There's a clamour on here to spend big to keep up or overtake competitor clubs. Fact of the matter is that we've had a couple of signings and some loan agreements. I very much doubt we'll be forking out large transfer fees for people any time soon.

Plus the OF's early departure from Europe has clipped their wings in the transfer market this year.

Gatecrasher
31-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Top players?

Do we have any???:greengrin :wink::na na:

:fishin:

:hilarious

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Chris Kamara posted on twitter that an agent Saif Ruby (sp?) has said that Manchester City are going to bid £100m + Balotelli for Messi.

R'Albin
31-08-2011, 08:03 PM

YehButNoBut
31-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Chris Kamara posted on twitter that an agent Saif Ruby (sp?) has said that Manchester City are going to bid £100m + Balotelli for Messi.

I can't see any amount of money parting Messi & Barca, why would he?

Betty Boop
31-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Hearts sign Spurs youth midfielder Calum Tapping on a 2 year deal for a nominal fee.

Hermit Crab
31-08-2011, 08:23 PM

:troll:

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Hearts sign Spurs youth midfielder Calum Tapping on a 2 year deal for a nominal fee.

Think it was a loan???

Bad Martini
31-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Hearts come good and deliver a few new players (http://www.football.co.uk/shared/images/teams/full_squad/brazil_squad.jpg) :aok:

ScottB
31-08-2011, 08:36 PM

Messi won't leave Barca, ever.

Though Balotelli may be leaving City, certainly his player profile had stopped working on their site earlier, was being linked with Spurs...

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Messi won't leave Barca, ever.

Though Balotelli may be leaving City, certainly his player profile had stopped working on their site earlier, was being linked with Spurs...

Nae chance, too jumped up to go to spurs !!

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Arteta to Arsenal, huge blow to Everton if this goes through so late in the window???

Sir David Gray
31-08-2011, 08:39 PM

I don't doubt that Manchester City would want him and will be offering that kind of money but they are wasting their time.

I don't see Messi ever leaving Barcelona. Even if he had a falling out with the management, I think the manager would be going before Messi.

lucky
31-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Arteta to Arsenal, huge blow to Everton if this goes through so late in the window???
SSN say its not happening

Barney McGrew
31-08-2011, 08:53 PM
SSN say its not happening

Oh no they don't :greengrin

Palacios to Stoke confirmed, Crouch and Cameron Jerome just about finalised.

BEEJ
31-08-2011, 08:53 PM
On official site.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110831/transfer-window-summary_2262950_2437807

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 08:54 PM
:boo hoo:

greenlex
31-08-2011, 08:55 PM
I don't doubt that Manchester City would want him and will be offering that kind of money but they are wasting their time.I don't see Messi ever leaving Barcelona. Even if he had a falling out with the management, I think the manager would be going before Messi. If Pat Stanton can keave Hibs then Messi can leave Barca.

Pedantic_Hibee
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110831/transfer-window-summary_2262950_2437807

(http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110831/transfer-window-summary_2262950_2437807)

Sir David Gray
Also confirms that our business for the summer has been concluded.

Barney McGrew
It also confirms that's all our dealings for this window complete.

down-the-slope
31-08-2011, 08:59 PM
On official site.

Blancing the books....must have been on the cards to allow Lee to join :confused:

Spike Mandela
31-08-2011, 09:01 PM

(http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110831/transfer-window-summary_2262950_2437807)

How exciting.....................NOT!!!!!!!

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Arsenal linked with El Hadj Diouf on Twitter :greengrin

greenlex
31-08-2011, 09:05 PM
How exciting.....................NOT!!!!!!! So 8 signings this Summer isnt enough? FFS you are hard to please.

ScottB
31-08-2011, 09:05 PM
If Pat Stanton can keave Hibs then Messi can leave Barca.

I believe him when he says he wouldn't, remember Barca paid for all the expensive medical treatments that have allowed him to be as good as he is. I think he'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming out the door to get him away from Barca...

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Bellamy back to Liverpool.

BEEJ
31-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Blancing the books....must have been on the cards to allow Lee to join :confused:
He's the first player to leave ER 'by mutual consent' since Jonatan Johansson exactly two years ago. There will have been some money offered to buy out the remainder of his contract.

But better paying him now for four of five months than having him kicking his heels at East Mains as one of our highest paid players.

lucky
31-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh no they don't :greengrin

Palacios to Stoke confirmed, Crouch and Cameron Jerome just about finalised.

Correct

Hibstrooper
31-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Fact we've left it so late to confirm we're done I wonder if they were trying to push something through that's not going to happen now.

Disappointed we didn't add more experience to the defence.

SteveHFC
31-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Stoke's Fans are getting uglier :faf:

Spike Mandela
31-08-2011, 09:10 PM
So 8 signings this Summer isnt enough? FFS you are hard to please.

Calm doon I just meant our business on deadline day. Used to be a realy exciting day especially near the finishing line. Damp squib doesn't even cover it.

Now that YOU bring it up though 5 signings and 3 loan deals ain't all that when we lost about 15 or so. Would you have turned your nose up at a nice wee last minute signing of a creative midfieldr like?

BEEJ
31-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Fact we've left it so late to confirm we're done I wonder if they were trying to push something through that's not going to happen now.

There's always the 'after-market' beyond the transfer window.

Bound to be a few Abderouf Zarabi(s) in there for the taking :greengrin

Kaiser1962
31-08-2011, 09:15 PM
There's always the 'after-market' beyond the transfer window.

Bound to be a few Abderouf Zarabi(s) in there for the taking :greengrin

There will be a few in EDG's position of being released by their cub to enable them to become free agents and more likely to be picked up post window.

Hopefully with more success on the field than EDG though.

PeterboroHibee
31-08-2011, 09:17 PM
So 8 signings this Summer isnt enough? FFS you are hard to please.

Could have done with another CB given how crap we are at the back. Dont understand why hes brought in all these strikers, we are woeful at the back and ship goals almost every game, whatever good our strikers do is cancelled out by the defence.

lucky
31-08-2011, 09:20 PM
EDG was not yogi's finest moment. But it good news to move him on as he was too slow for the SPL

IWasThere2016
31-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Glad to see Ed De Donkey go :agree:

BEEJ
31-08-2011, 09:23 PM
EDG was not yogi's finest moment. But it good news to move him on as he was too slow for the SPL
I would go further and say that EdG and Hart together were the main reason that Yogi lost his job.

In one key transfer window those two signings completely blew the lid off all his talk about squad development.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2011, 09:25 PM

I would go along with that.

I'm a bit disappointed with the state of our squad to be honest. The defence is a big problem for us. We had the worst defence in the league last year and this season, so far, we already have one of the worst defensive records.

Apart from O'Hanlon, it's still very young and still very inexperienced.

I'm not convinced that the midfield has enough creativity about it either.

I know we can still make additions after tonight with players who don't have a club but we're a few players short of where I would like us to be.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2011, 09:26 PM

How in gods name will we replace his goals.

PapillonVert
31-08-2011, 09:27 PM
There will be a few in EDG's position of being released by their cub to enable them to become free agents and more likely to be picked up post window.

Hopefully with more success on the field than EDG though.

Most of the time, though, there's a good reason why some of these guys are free agents! :wink:

Gerard
31-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Mark De Man :agree:

I want the man win the game:wink:

RickyS
31-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Could have done with another CB given how crap we are at the back. Dont understand why hes brought in all these strikers, we are woeful at the back and ship goals almost every game, whatever good our strikers do is cancelled out by the defence.

this is the bit that scares me that an international centre half can't see how rubbish we are. this decision could cost him his job, but maybe thats what he wants

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Rangers have turned down £9m for Jelavic from an un-named club

Sylar
31-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Rangers have turned down £9m for Jelavic from an un-named club

Staggering, considering their financial position.

down-the-slope
31-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Gers looking to make up all that lost Euro dosh :greengrin

Hibs90
Arsenal signing Mertesacker - a player I remember being described as a 'bombscare' at the 2006 World Cup. Why? Benayoun - Why? He's gash and some south Korean striker that nobodies heard of. They will still struggle, even if Andre Santos or whatever is good.

smurf
Staggering, considering their financial position.

Craig Whyte can't afford to sell. He'd be toast at the huns. He must right now be a tormented soul!

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Arsenal signing Mertesacker - a player I remember being described as a 'bombscare' at the 2006 World Cup. Why? Benayoun - Why? He's gash and some south Korean striker that nobodies heard of. They will still struggle, even if Andre Santos or whatever is good.:faf: Don't watch much football do we.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Scott Dann: Birmingham-Blackburn
Shaun Wright-Phillips: Manchester City-Queens Park Rangers

Raul Meireles has also handed in a transfer request at Liverpool.

down-the-slope
31-08-2011, 09:45 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9575900.stm

live beeb deadline programme

Hibs90
31-08-2011, 09:46 PM
:faf: Don't watch much football do we.

I watch alot of football actually. Why's that post funny?

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I watch alot of football actually. Why's that post funny?Mertesaker is a very good defender and has come on leaps and bounds since 2006. Benayoun is a strange one, don't think he will start every week but is not ''gash''. Don't know much about Park but he only cost 3m so its a little risk.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2011, 09:56 PM

I am not convinced u do, some v astute signings!

HibeeMG
31-08-2011, 09:59 PM

I think it's because Mertesacker has been far from a bomb-scare for Werder Bremen and Germany.

Also Yossi Benayoun is proven in the EPL.

Can't say much about Park but the French champions Lille wanted him badly before he chose Arsenal so he can't be rubbish. A dead donkey would be a good replacement for Niclas Bendtner anyway!

Hibs90
31-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Mertesaker is a very good defender and has come on leaps and bounds since 2006. Benayoun is a strange one, don't think he will start every week but is not ''gash''. Don't know much about Park but he only cost 3m so its a little risk.

I am not convinced u do, some v astute signings!

I think it's because Mertesacker has been far from a bomb-scare for Werder Bremen and Germany.

Also Yossi Benayoun is proven in the EPL.

Can't say much about Park but the French champions Lille wanted him badly before he chose Arsenal so he can't be rubbish. A dead donkey would be a good replacement for Niclas Bendtner anyway!

Time will tell then :wink:

IWasThere2016
31-08-2011, 10:04 PM
How in gods name will we replace his goals.

:faf: however, IIRC he did manage to score double the amount of the combined tally of Nish, Trakys and Duffy!

zlatan
31-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Gers looking to make up all that lost Euro dosh :greengrin

They're certainly making something up.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Raul Meireles signs for Chelsea from Liverpool.

Breaking news on Sky Sports News.

Sean1875
31-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Arteta seemingly an Arsenal player now.

Hermit Crab
31-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Arteta seemingly an Arsenal player now.

Done deal :agree: 10m

basehibby
31-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Not a very thrilling end to the window then - at least we've got plenty of strikers now though. Still lacking a creative midfielder and could do with another good solid Centre Half so I hope they've got their ears to the ground for any suitable free agents!

Callum_62
01-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Mark De Man is a free agent isnt he.... :wink::greengrin

hibsbollah
01-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Mertesacker is an excellent defender, i think it was that **** lawrenson called him a bombscare, which says it all. Benayoun and Arteta will give them creativity in the midfield. I also like Stokes acquisitions and Chelsea also had a good window.

The_Horde
01-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Mertesacker is an excellent defender, i think it was that **** lawrenson called him a bombscare, which says it all. Benayoun and Arteta will give them creativity in the midfield. I also like Stokes acquisitions and Chelsea also had a good window.

Can you imagine Crouchy on the end of one of them throw ins?

Betty Boop
01-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Think it was a loan???

Not according to this.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/268450-hearts-to-loan-tottenham-hotspur-youngster-callum-tapping/

Phil MaGlass
02-09-2011, 12:54 PM

he sits with the same idiots such as Shearer and these muppets know absolutely nothing about European or world fitba, they were all shown up (barring Hansen) during the world cup. They do/did absolutely no background work on teams/countries involved in whatever tournament, insular ********s the lot of them.