PDA

View Full Version : Barca

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Continue to be not a bad side!

4 0 v Villareal after 50 mins.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Only just remembered it was on tonight. Gutted.

La Liga could be a corker this season, Real won 6v0 yesterday away from home.

3pm
29-08-2011, 08:27 PM

It'll take some side to beat Barca!

greenlad
29-08-2011, 08:28 PM

And when the OF do the same in Scotland its an anti-competitive monopoly and a joke of a league :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
29-08-2011, 08:30 PM
And when the OF do the same in Scotland its an anti-competitive monopoly and a joke of a league :wink:

I was waiting for that comment :greengrin

I expect those two to fight it out, but then you've got a newly-rich Malaga, Villareal, Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla etc all capable of beating the top two (and each other) in their fight for 3rd and 4th.

Add in the completely mental, card happy, referees into the mix and you've got the makings of a great season.

essexhibee
29-08-2011, 08:31 PM
They are out of this world. Funny to think that in his first ten days of being a barca player Fabregas won two cups!!

Barney McGrew
29-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Five now with 15 minutes to go.

Villarreal are a very good side, but Barca have totally dismantled them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2011, 08:37 PM
And when the OF do the same in Scotland its an anti-competitive monopoly and a joke of a league :wink: The teams that Barca pump most weeks wouldnae lose much sleep at the thought of playing the OF. Therein lies the difference.

DH1875
29-08-2011, 08:49 PM

Wonder what they'll say down south when the Manchester clubs are horsing everyone and finishing the season 10-20 points ahead of the rest :faf:

Mark79
29-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Difference with la liga is not playing each other 4 times a season. At least the teams outwith barca and real only have to play them twice and drop say 12 points to them. Over here ( and I know the old firm don't beat everyone) a team can lose 24 points a season which can be a fair chunk of anyone's tally.

SPL needs totally revamped.

ac1
29-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Don't know if its just me but I am getting slightly bored with the Barca/Real weekly hidings in la liga.

I have watched Spanish football for years and it used to be so much better when you had other quality teams who could go to the Bernabeau
and Nou Camp and give them a game never mind at home!

Seville, Deportivo, Valencia, Villarreal, Atletico Madrid used to have some quality sides and the games were top class.

Every week now its a case of how many for the big two - Ronaldo seems to score a hat-trick every week!

I know Barca are probably the best side ever and Real are immense as well but the competition is definitely worse and not as enjoyable.

mmmmhibby
29-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Don't know if its just me but I am getting slightly bored with the Barca/Real weekly hidings in la liga.

I have watched Spanish football for years and it used to be so much better when you had other quality teams who could go to the Bernabeau
and Nou Camp and give them a game never mind at home!

Seville, Deportivo, Valencia, Villarreal, Atletico Madrid used to have some quality sides and the games were top class.

Every week now its a case of how many for the big two - Ronaldo seems to score a hat-trick every week!

I know Barca are probably the best side ever and Real are immense as well but the competition is definitely worse and not as enjoyable.

la liga is now a 2 team race every season, just like the spl. Sad

ac1
29-08-2011, 10:14 PM
la liga is now a 2 team race every season, just like the spl. Sad

It is sad mate.

Not sure if its Hibs being so bad but I have never felt as disillusioned as I do with football just now - everything seems so geared towards the rich clubs and everyone else is left fighting over the scraps.

I honestly think that FIFA need to take a long look at the game because its changed beyond all recognition from say twenty years ago and I don't think in a good way.

Take the champions league - I don't think I would even be bothered about watching it until the knock out stages (I probably will out of habit though) as it seems the same teams year in year out will contest it again. Maybe its just too many games on the TV!

Haymaker
29-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Maybe its just too many games on the TV!

I believe that is a major factor in teams (even the big guns) struggling to get people in. Every day you can watch top flight footie and if you can sit at home and watch Barca etc then my bother with your local team who are never going to be at that standard.

But that is another arguement.