PDA

View Full Version : It really is all about the manager

S.sct
29-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Our game in Scotland is dying, you may have noticed.... Most important to us is the current product on the pitch at ER (probably as poor as I have seen in 35 years as a supporter).

CC and his style of play (for me) never was and never will be the right fit as our manager. I have read many comments written about him on this and other forums but the key for me is his football philosophy......what is it????? there is nothing pretty about it, nothing entertaining about it and it's not even effective.

I understand that there is no money in our game and little prospect of this changing. This makes it all the more important that we as a club make the right choice when appointing a manager.

Under TM we didn't win anything but the football was great. OK, we do not have the Browns, Thomsons and Zumas anymore but we do have a decent bunch of laddies breaking through. Under the guidance of the right type of manager we may continue to under achieve in the trophy stakes but......we may just get value for money again.

So it's simple get rid of CC (forget the compo, the cost of relegation will be higher) and make an appointment as you would in any other business with a personal spec to match the ethos (which is not a hoof up the park and chase):flag: of our club and fans.

We will still under achieve....that's just Hibs, but at least we might enjoy it.

GGTTH

Seveno
30-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Our game in Scotland is dying, you may have noticed.... Most important to us is the current product on the pitch at ER (probably as poor as I have seen in 35 years as a supporter).

CC and his style of play (for me) never was and never will be the right fit as our manager. I have read many comments written about him on this and other forums but the key for me is his football philosophy......what is it????? there is nothing pretty about it, nothing entertaining about it and it's not even effective.

I understand that there is no money in our game and little prospect of this changing. This makes it all the more important that we as a club make the right choice when appointing a manager.

Under TM we didn't win anything but the football was great. OK, we do not have the Browns, Thomsons and Zumas anymore but we do have a decent bunch of laddies breaking through. Under the guidance of the right type of manager we may continue to under achieve in the trophy stakes but......we may just get value for money again.

So it's simple get rid of CC (forget the compo, the cost of relegation will be higher) and make an appointment as you would in any other business with a personal spec to match the ethos (which is not a hoof up the park and chase):flag: of our club and fans.

We will still under achieve....that's just Hibs, but at least we might enjoy it.

GGTTH

Let's not forget that TM didnt just inherit some good young players, he also made some astute signings e.g. Jnes, Murphy and Ivan.

Saturdays just coudn't come round quiick enough in those days. You are right, playing with 'flair' was enough for me.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Let's not forget that TM didnt just inherit some good young players, he also made some astute signings e.g. Jnes, Murphy and Ivan.

Saturdays just coudn't come round quiick enough in those days. You are right, playing with 'flair' was enough for me.

I second that :agree:.