PDA

View Full Version : whats our strongest team?

beensaidbefore
29-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Im not really sure but think we need to get a team and stick with them for a few weeks to try and steady the ship, if that is even possible. On paper we should have a decent team.

I would be tempted to have sproule on the bench for a while, as he is an impact player and a total liability at times. ie yesterdays rash challenge, 2 mins after being booked.

Sodje and Occonner have to be given a run together,just not sure about Agogo, early days but, hmmm. I think osbourne in the centre(he wasnt the best yesterday, but looked promising). partnered by degraff who deserves a shot, as things cant get much worse in the middle of the park. not sure griffiths should be given a starting roll, just to pi$$ off at xmas if he does well so unsure of best options as:

stevenson, nah
murray, past his best
griffiths, loan,
palsson, ok
sproule, liability
wotherspoon, needs to re-find form
scott, not convinced
galbraith, see wotherspoon
thornhill, hot and cold
degraff, lost fans, and cant do anything right, possibly ok,

defense

ohanlon & hanlon should get a run toghether, few mistakes but takes time to form a half decent partnership(which we might not have)

towell, and booth are certs in my book for full backs.

and a toss up betweek goalies

thoughts and improvements

truehibernian
29-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Stack

Towell
Murray
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Sproule
Palsson
Scott
Booth
O'Connor
Griffiths

Try a 4-4-2, Murray at centre half due to lack of mobility but no nonsense approach. Booth at left midfield as he is superb in the higher end of the pitch. Hanlon needs a spell away from central area (but still not convinced).......might even be tempted to introduce Smith after his loan.

Griffiths a good foil for GOC. Palsson and Scott to give energy and physicality in midfield. Sproule because at present he is the only creative spark that gets fans off seats.

FRes Hibbie
29-08-2011, 07:11 PM
.............Stack/Brown

Towell...O'Hanlon...Hanlon...Booth

...........Palsson...Osbourne
................ Thornhill

Sproule...........................Griffiths
.................O'Connor

I don't like the style of player that Sodje is: effective rather than talented and not conducive to good football - which, when the players come out the tunnel at the start of each game, we should be at least trying to play. That can be plan A.
If we're desperately needing a goal and running out of time though Sodje would be a handy player to be able to throw on to change things up; Plan B.
If we had anyone decent to play on the wing other than Sproule I'd have him on the bench too as plan C.

PeterboroHibee
29-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Stack

Towell
Murray
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Sproule
Palsson
Scott
Booth
O'Connor
Griffiths

Try a 4-4-2, Murray at centre half due to lack of mobility but no nonsense approach. Booth at left midfield as he is superb in the higher end of the pitch. Hanlon needs a spell away from central area (but still not convinced).......might even be tempted to introduce Smith after his loan.

Griffiths a good foil for GOC. Palsson and Scott to give energy and physicality in midfield. Sproule because at present he is the only creative spark that gets fans off seats.

Thats pretty much the team I would go for. Would rather we brought a new, experienced CB in (which is desperately needed) instead of Murray, and would maybe have Osbourne in over Scott once hes fit, but agree overall. Proper width on either side and a decent combination upfront. Experienced CBs will help the full backs through games, and Sproule and Booth would give proper cover.

R'Albin
29-08-2011, 07:18 PM
.............Stack/Brown

I don't like the style of player that Sodje is: effective rather than talented and not conducive to good football - which, when the players come out the tunnel at the start of each game, we should be at least trying to play; Plan A.
If we're desperately needing a goal and running out of time though Sodje would be a handy player to be able to throw on to change things up; Plan B.
If we had anyone decent to play on the wing other than Sproule I'd have him on the bench too as plan C.

Switch Osbourne for Scott and that would be my team, I've not been that impressed with Osbourne so far but I don't think he is up to full match fitness yet.

I don't know why though if he wasn't fully match fit CC played him in a derby? And surely as a professional footballer you can keep yourself fit over the close season?

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Stack

Towell O'Hanlon Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon Scott Palsson Booth

O'Connor Sodje

Sproule an replace Wotherspoon as and when required. Griffiths/Agogo can replace O'Connor as and when required. Stephens could replace Hanlon to gain experience at a late stage. Thornhill could come on for Scott or Osbourne could replace Palsson.

In my opinion this is solid, Palsson holding with ability to spray passes. Scott with a bit bite and drive. Booth free to do whatever he wants without pressure of defensive duties. Spoony back where we saw his potential years ago at right midfield. O'Connor and Sodje up top. Agogo is too unfit and unproven right now and griffiths is very similar to O'Connor running into channels etc.

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-08-2011, 07:32 PM
.............Stack/Brown

I don't like the style of player that Sodje is: effective rather than talented and not conducive to good football - which, when the players come out the tunnel at the start of each game, we should be at least trying to play. That can be plan A.

Who will defend when Booth has two men running at him? This has been a problem for months now.

Judas Iscariot
29-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Scott
Pallson
Murray
Griffiths

O'Connor

FRes Hibbie
29-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Who will defend when Booth has two men running at him? This has been a problem for months now.

Griffiths should track the right back and then it becomes 2 vs 2, that's what the textbook would say anyway.

Monkey Harris
29-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Hibs Legends XI

Alfred E Newman
29-08-2011, 07:49 PM
We`ve not got one.

One Day Soon
29-08-2011, 08:13 PM
1. The blonde you sometimes see that looks hot and bad.
2. Tam the Groundsman (obviously)
3. Paul Kane
4. My mate on the turnstiles
5. That radge guy with the tattoos who likes to go topless in all weathers
6. Sauzee (obviously)
7. Joe Tortolano
8. Any of the ladies team
9. Any of the half time youngsters doing their run and shoot routine
10. O'Connor
11. Grant Stott

er, that's it

number9dream
31-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Griffiths & O'Connor could be a potent partnership up front but I'm stumped for the rest of the team...
Glaring weakness in central defence, nothing on left of midfield and no playmaker.
We need to unearth a Zemmama / Latapy figure but these guys are few and far between.

Franck is God
31-08-2011, 11:22 AM

That is the job of the left defensive midfielder, it is his job to fill in when the LB goes forward or when the LB is drawn out to face a winger or opposition full back attacking.

Franck is God
31-08-2011, 11:28 AM
.............Stack/Brown

This is the team that I would play and in the same set up too, I find it hard to choose between Brown & Stack but my preference is probably Brown.

With two solid midfielders like Pallson & Osbourne who are both ball winners that can also play a bit are key for me as this extra possession allows the full backs to go forward and more inmportantly gives the time and space on the ball that Thornhill needs to find that pass.

Natural left and right sided attackers in Griffiths (Galbraith) & Sproule (Spoony) off O'Connor (Agogo) is as good as we've got going forward.

RoscoHibby
31-08-2011, 11:46 AM
We really are that useless at the back just now, i'd go 3-5-2/5-3-2

Stack

O'Hanlon Murray Hanlon
Towell Booth
Palsson
Scott Thornhill

O'connor Sproule/griffiths

We'd at least have a bit of width to our play to try and play football, bit of cover at the back with Palsson sitting, a sweeper in there plus 2 CHs and maybe we could all stop bricking it as much as the opposition cross the half-way line....granted 5 at the back isn't going to instantly teach them how to defend a set pieces though

patlowe
31-08-2011, 12:09 PM
.............Stack/Brown

Would go along with this, although a rested, confident Wotherspoon would get in there somewhere.

kentao
31-08-2011, 12:17 PM
4-3-1-2 for me

Stack
Towell
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Booth

Scott
Pallson
Osbourne

Thornhill