PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think CC needs a new assistant

KiddA
29-08-2011, 01:04 PM
I think the board should get a new assistant for CC as I am not convinced with Stevenson who I think was the cheap option yet again. CC needs a guy that has a lot of respect ie Shiels at Killie who was Mixu's assistant and that worked out very well for Mixu and Killie.

There is some good coaches out there Hibs need to make an effort to support CC if they are going to keep him in charge.

Thought please

Golden Bear
29-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Yip and preferably someone with a wee bit knowledge of football. That would help for a start.

:rolleyes:

Prawn Sandwich
29-08-2011, 01:26 PM
I would prefer if Calderwood became an assistant preferably at Birmingham City for the £350k compensation.

Saorsa
29-08-2011, 01:30 PM
I would prefer if Calderwood became an assistant preferably at Birmingham City for the £350k compensation.saved me so :top marks

calumb
29-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Calderwood wont appoint an assistant as he obviously has no plans to stick around so he hardly going to
drag one of his mates up here only for them to be looking for a new job in a month or so.

bingo70
29-08-2011, 01:42 PM
IMO Calderwood thought he'd be away in the summer so didn't want to bring in an assistant then leave shortly after, why he's not brought one in since i don't know?

He did the role himself and appeared keen to get back into that role so he must know how much an assistant does and how important they are to the running of the team, so to not want his own man as his assistant is a strange one.

BEEJ
29-08-2011, 02:24 PM
IMO Calderwood thought he'd be away in the summer so didn't want to bring in an assistant then leave shortly after, why he's not brought one in since i don't know?

He did the role himself and appeared keen to get back into that role so he must know how much an assistant does and how important they are to the running of the team, so to not want his own man as his assistant is a strange one.
Maybe it was a choice between an Assistant Manager or another couple of players and he chose the latter? :dunno:

As regards the OP, he certainly needs someone in as a No. 2. :agree:

sesoim
29-08-2011, 05:03 PM
A player-assistant who can solve our defensive problems and motivate the team would be nice. But, like most others, I just want CC to go now before another season is totally destroyed.

S.sct
29-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Simple, no get rid a,s,a,p.

hibee1994
29-08-2011, 07:13 PM
If he stays (I'm not going into whether or not he should) then he needs an assistant manager with tactical knowledge. Still believe Calderwood can sign good players, work well with the youths etc but he can't ustilise them correctly. Someone needs to tell him he's playing the wrong formation and the wrong tactics.

marleyhib
29-08-2011, 09:18 PM
He needs a manager, he is an assitant

Zondervan
29-08-2011, 09:31 PM
We must be the only full-time Professional team in Europe without an Assistant Manager. Stephenson, Evans etc. are just bum-boys in the background - can anyone point out the official announcement when anyone was appointed assistant manager under CC Bloomer?

We are Donald Ducked. We are a total shambles on the football side of things.

Captain Trips
29-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I think the board should get a new assistant for CC as I am not convinced with Stevenson who I think was the cheap option yet again. CC needs a guy that has a lot of respect ie Shiels at Killie who was Mixu's assistant and that worked out very well for Mixu and Killie.

There is some good coaches out there Hibs need to make an effort to support CC if they are going to keep him in charge.

Thought please

I think the board should not make any more decisions regarding football matters as they are not capable and should walk, the last thing we need is this joke of a board get involved. Time to go board and CC

rossi
29-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Maybe we should have just stuck with Mixu in the first place. :wink:
I know that doesn't help the situation we're in now, but all the "supporters" that hounded him out and shouted vile abuse at a man who, IMHO, always tried his hardest for the club should have a think about where it's got us a couple of years down the line.

hibby67
30-08-2011, 05:39 AM

Thought please

no i think he needs 9 points from the next 3 games............:agree:

alfie
30-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Ian Murray? :dunno:

It's not like he is up to playing 90mins in the SPL anymore.

IberianHibernian
30-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Don`t know if we need an assistant manager but still think ( I`ve been saying this here for more than 10 years here ) we need a General Manager type . Someone who`ll help pick management team and fill in between managers ( inevitable - like rest of Europe we should think of manager`s job as being a 1 - year renewable contract ) and have some say in signings . Should be someone with experience of management and preferably with knowledge and feeling for our club . Would be an expensive post ( salary higher than manager`s probably ) but would save a lot in terms of compensation costs of new managers and sacked ones ( do our accounts show how much we`ve spent on this in last few years ? ) .