PDA

View Full Version : In a bit of a pickle eh...

strummbo
29-08-2011, 12:38 PM
well, cc recrd speaks for itself. He has been allowed to clear out and ship in....

I cant be ersed with the 'need time to bed in'... nonsense!

if i hire a joiner, a plumber wtc, they dont need time to bed in...

kickin a ball about is hardly rocket science... most of these idiots that are pulling on green and white have been playing football from a very early age and should be more than capable of displaying the necessary pre-requisite skills etc to merit being a professional footballer

But naw, we get half fit, lazy hoofbaw, get my money types that have no or little desire to display their apparently inherant skills

I give up, I will always be a hibs supporter but at the moment I am not a fan, ehter of CC, the team or the bl00dy board

We are dreadful and its glaringly obvious as we are bottom of the table...

Move on CC, leave with grace, get someone else in, or rather Petrie really needs to bring in outside consultants to determine what the reasons are for this current malaise, 4 managers in as many years couldnt all be wrong... could they?

Habl00dyrumph!

HibsMax
29-08-2011, 12:57 PM
well, cc recrd speaks for itself. He has been allowed to clear out and ship in....

I cant be ersed with the 'need time to bed in'... nonsense!

if i hire a joiner, a plumber wtc, they dont need time to bed in...

kickin a ball about is hardly rocket science... most of these idiots that are pulling on green and white have been playing football from a very early age and should be more than capable of displaying the necessary pre-requisite skills etc to merit being a professional footballer

But naw, we get half fit, lazy hoofbaw, get my money types that have no or little desire to display their apparently inherant skills

I give up, I will always be a hibs supporter but at the moment I am not a fan, ehter of CC, the team or the bl00dy board

We are dreadful and its glaringly obvious as we are bottom of the table...

Move on CC, leave with grace, get someone else in, or rather Petrie really needs to bring in outside consultants to determine what the reasons are for this current malaise, 4 managers in as many years couldnt all be wrong... could they?

Habl00dyrumph!

Stopped reading at the bit in bold. Comparing a plumber who typically works alone with a football team is silly. Any new team needs time to learn to work together, especially when the whole team interacts with each other constantly. If you throw 11 unfamiliar software developers together, people who are talented, there is no guarantee that they will immediately start writing great code. People have different styles of working and they need to learn that. I would like to see this happening sooner rather than later.

That said, after watching yesterday's match I struggle to see how some of the players can even pretend that football is their profession. Some of the passing was awful and, to me, being able to kick a ball to someone on your own team should be one of the most fundamental skills a professional football player has.

Golden Bear
29-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Stopped reading at the bit in bold. Comparing a plumber who typically works alone with a football team is silly. Any new team needs time to learn to work together, especially when the whole team interacts with each other constantly. If you throw 11 unfamiliar software developers together, people who are talented, there is no guarantee that they will immediately start writing great code. People have different styles of working and they need to learn that. I would like to see this happening sooner rather than later.

That said, after watching yesterday's match I struggle to see how some of the players can even pretend that football is their profession. Some of the passing was awful and, to me, being able to kick a ball to someone on your own team should be one of the most fundamental skills a professional football player has.

But it shouldn't take time for a professional footballer to "get fit".

If they were out of work and looking for a contract with another Club then personal pride and ambition should ensure that they maintain a high level of fitness. That's not what I've seen from some of our recent signings.

strummbo
29-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I beg to differ Hibsmax...

I say plumber, joiner etc as they are time served and know what to do when a pipe leaks or a door needs rehanging... they have a firm grasp on the basics

whereas our lot dont have a grasp of the basics, they cant even pass, tackle, track back, take a throw, take a corner, run at pace, cant defend, cant header... or at least when they do nine times out of ten they screw it up

lets face it, we have a select gathering of journeymen that are struggling to do even the basics, hence my alluding to plumbers etc

(((Fergus)))
29-08-2011, 02:16 PM
A football team is more like an orchestra than a plumber fixing a pipe. You need great musicians who have been playing from an early age but you also need a conductor to focus them. If the conductor is an erse, if the promoter is a nob, if the money's not right, if there's other friction between the musicians, if the lead violinist is pumping the tuba player's wife, the concert will be a load of crap.

Golden Bear
29-08-2011, 02:24 PM
A football team is more like an orchestra than a plumber fixing a pipe. You need great musicians who have been playing from an early age but you also need a conductor to focus them. If the conductor is an erse, if the promoter is a nob, if the money's not right, if there's other friction between the musicians, if the lead violinist is pumping the tuba player's wife, the concert will be a load of crap.

Eloquent indeed. Isn't English a wonderful language?!

:tee hee:

HibsMax
29-08-2011, 02:44 PM
But it shouldn't take time for a professional footballer to "get fit".

If they were out of work and looking for a contract with another Club then personal pride and ambition should ensure that they maintain a high level of fitness. That's not what I've seen from some of our recent signings.

Agreed on the fitness side of things. The same thing happens to varying degrees in other sports as well. Players do not / can not maintain their level of fitness all year around but they should be able to get back to that level without too much difficulty (for a pro), injuries aside.

HibsMax
29-08-2011, 02:49 PM
I beg to differ Hibsmax...

I say plumber, joiner etc as they are time served and know what to do when a pipe leaks or a door needs rehanging... they have a firm grasp on the basics

whereas our lot dont have a grasp of the basics, they cant even pass, tackle, track back, take a throw, take a corner, run at pace, cant defend, cant header... or at least when they do nine times out of ten they screw it up

lets face it, we have a select gathering of journeymen that are struggling to do even the basics, hence my alluding to plumbers etc

I agree that the players are not performing the basic correctly e.g., passing, and that is very worrying. Of that there can be no argument. I've noticed this worrying trend since the first game against Celtic. But I stand by my claim that you cannot compare a team with an individual (but that is not your main point).

Andy74
29-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Why is it always Hibs that need time and have players that are constantly learning and who will do it right the next time?

Seems most of the other teams with new players or managers are just getting on with it quite well with a lot less resources and worse facilities.

CC has had his excuses its down to him now.

strummbo
29-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I hear ya Max, and I appreciate your input...

For a team to play as a team, the individuals within the team must perform as individuals first and then, given the correct "team based" training, perform as a team...

Its pointless having 11 headless chickens that are only concenred with their own individual objectives...

if I hire software developers, I would at least expect them to be 'au fait' with different types of developmental frameworks, [waterfall agile etc] and be very good technically at developing code using a number of tools... and they should be very well versed in the rules of rdbms etc etc

So, to footballes, they should have an awareness of team tactics, none of which seem to be occuring down our way, be very well versed in their understanding and an acceptance of their role within the team and so on

Our lot are crap individually, so much so that the team is not a cohesive unit in anyway shape or form

Aye, i am in IT, a project manager and a business analyst... Im not a very good footballer myself but I can spot a huddy or a charlatan at ten paces lol...

CC needs to leave quietly... he cant take a group of seemingly skilled individuals and mould them into a proper team that does proper team stuff

in other words the plumber is gash and made a mess so the joiner cant get the floor down and the carpet fitter cant fit the carpet until the bl00dy useless plumber has done the basics properly... when a house gets built, the architect, quantity surveyor and the owner all act as the project team to a bunch of individuals, and it gets done usually to the correct standard... unlike out tradesman and senior management types...

:)

greenlex
29-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Why is it always Hibs that need time and have players that are constantly learning and who will do it right the next time?

Seems most of the other teams with new players or managers are just getting on with it quite well with a lot less resources and worse facilities.

CC has had his excuses its down to him now.

They dont always need time but even you with your hughes tinted spectacles can surely see that given the amount of players leaving and being brought in need time. I havent checked but I would bet a big sum on Hibs having the largest amount of changes this window let alone since the last window. Show me different.

HibsMax
29-08-2011, 03:23 PM

For a team to play as a team, the individuals within the team must perform as individuals first and then, given the correct "team based" training, perform as a team...

Its pointless having 11 headless chickens that are only concenred with their own individual objectives...

if I hire software developers, I would at least expect them to be 'au fait' with different types of developmental frameworks, [waterfall agile etc] and be very good technically at developing code using a number of tools... and they should be very well versed in the rules of rdbms etc etc

So, to footballes, they should have an awareness of team tactics, none of which seem to be occuring down our way, be very well versed in their understanding and an acceptance of their role within the team and so on

Our lot are crap individually, so much so that the team is not a cohesive unit in anyway shape or form

Aye, i am in IT, a project manager and a business analyst... Im not a very good footballer myself but I can spot a huddy or a charlatan at ten paces lol...

CC needs to leave quietly... he cant take a group of seemingly skilled individuals and mould them into a proper team that does proper team stuff

in other words the plumber is gash and made a mess so the joiner cant get the floor down and the carpet fitter cant fit the carpet until the bl00dy useless plumber has done the basics properly... when a house gets built, the architect, quantity surveyor and the owner all act as the project team to a bunch of individuals, and it gets done usually to the correct standard... unlike out tradesman and senior management types...

Maybe we would be better with a Plumbers XI? ;-)

The_Famous_HFC
29-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Maybe we would be better with a Plumbers XI? ;-) Mabye the issue is that the new players don't believe that they can get any better than a big club like hibs. Ie. The name preceeds as opposed to actual league form? Calderwood has been in the job almost a year and had 2 windows. Paulo sergio had been at Hearts for 5 minutes and inherited a ten on poor form and seems to have made immediate influence in their results.Time for CC to move on or buck up hous ideas quickly.

HibsMax
29-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Mabye the issue is that the new players don't believe that they can get any better than a big club like hibs. Ie. The name preceeds as opposed to actual league form? Calderwood has been in the job almost a year and had 2 windows. Paulo sergio had been at Hearts for 5 minutes and inherited a ten on poor form and seems to have made immediate influence in their results.Time for CC to move on or buck up hous ideas quickly.

CC has had two windows but the second one is still not over and I think we need to give the players time to gel......if they can! I won't get into what other teams are doing because I don't care. It's not apples to apples.

basehibby
29-08-2011, 05:02 PM

:top marksThis is as good an analogy as I've seen for a football team.

1) An orchestra needs a full compliment of musicians to do justice to a piece and will do so more powerfully if it has strength in depth.
2) An orchestra needs to rehearse together over a period of time to get up to 100% level of perfromance
3) An orchestra will benefit from experienced and talented professionals who will learn new music and get up to speed far quicker and produce a consistently excelent level of performance.
4) As you rightly point out, an orchestra needs a conductor to focus them and guide them - if the conductor is an erse then the concert will indeed be a load of crap.

Right now the Hibernian FC orchestra has only just completed it's new lineup - the conductor now has a short space of time to pull them together into a tightly focused group all playing from the same music sheets.

SanFranHibs
29-08-2011, 06:57 PM

Gave me a good laugh !!!!

Roll Over Beethoven :violin:

Alfred E Newman
29-08-2011, 07:28 PM

What you are trying to say is that the house that the builder has built has a leaking roof, faulty plumbing, two ineffective windows, serious subsidence, and the ba` is on the slates.

staunchhibby
29-08-2011, 08:12 PM
At least with a plumbers 11 we might stop the leaks which appear to spring in the defence