PDA

View Full Version : The Future

JustSimplyHibs
29-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Calderwood's signings are making up the majority of the first 11 from yesterday onwards, this is a new week with a game against the Sheeps at the weekend.

At the moment this is the first time the whole squad is getting together without the injuries (Airey the only one), players coming and going.

To the doubters - No way will the board get rid of Calderwood regardless, he is here to do a job on behalf of the board and thus far carried it out really well i.e. clear the decks from previous years mishaps of Yogi, Mixu, Collins or the boards failure to meet their needs...lucky they are the minority.

Personally think there is more things to get sorted at our club rather than Team affairs such as ticket prices, boardroom.

Onwards and upwards from here on in, a can feel it!!!!!

Mon the Hibs

grunt
29-08-2011, 11:04 AM
... a game against the Sheeps at the weekend.

The weekend after next.

smurf
29-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Ticket prices and boardroom to be sorted before "team affairs".

You at the wind up?

Viva_Palmeiras
29-08-2011, 11:09 AM
A wise man once wrote:
"There are things known and things unknown And in between is Colin Calderwood" :)

Craig_in_Prague
29-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Calderwood's signings are making up the majority of the first 11 from yesterday onwards, this is a new week with a game against the Sheeps at the weekend.

At the moment this is the first time the whole squad is getting together without the injuries (Airey the only one), players coming and going.

To the doubters - No way will the board get rid of Calderwood regardless, he is here to do a job on behalf of the board and thus far carried it out really well i.e. clear the decks from previous years mishaps of Yogi, Mixu, Collins or the boards failure to meet their needs...lucky they are the minority.

Personally think there is more things to get sorted at our club rather than Team affairs such as ticket prices, boardroom.

Onwards and upwards from here on in, a can feel it!!!!!

Mon the Hibs

Team affairs is the most important thing.

That "football" yesterday, having also followed a trouncing at Killie and a home defeat to St Mirren (who hadn't scored 2 goals at ER for more than 10 years or something?) ...... was painful and we're every other sides fav. team to play. Sitting bottom of this league, is pathetic. Killie, Well, St Mirren etc have all got smaller budgets, have had a lot of player movement ........yet we look so bad and they don't.

CC will be gone by xmas, results will force the boards hand.

The future looks like the 1st division and hibs being a spineless pishy football side just continues.

Sylar
29-08-2011, 11:13 AM
If the team on the park were playing good football or even showing some degree of fight/desire, then ticket prices wouldn't be anywhere near an issue.

People don't mind paying if the product is good value.

I think we all know what the quality of the product presently is...

JustSimplyHibs
29-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Yep rather than team affairs.....We currently now have IMO our strongest squad since Mowbray but unlike Mowbray have had to be brought in (Mowbray already had a young core of players who were Hibs - Calderwood had a mess that consisted of 2 if not 3 previous managers players.

CC said he needs to
Jan Transfer get some players he knows are reliable to more or less get us out of a relegation dog fight.....which he done
get rid of alot of players come summer which he has done...majority would agree this had to be done
loan a few out i.e. youngsters to give them experience...which every one agrees is a benefit
Replace the dead wood that left during the summer with a better quality of player.....more or less completed on Saturday most would agree.

As someone has mentioned we play the sheeps the following week due to international friendlies - which a couldnae gie a monkeys about because the National team to me really stands for West Coastness.

But i take that as a positive, gives Calderwood extra time to work with alot of the squad before his first real team that he has created take to the pitch.

So yes i think there is more to worry about such as ticket prices, the club should be working to get bums on seats and one way to do this is look at the pricing structure of Easter Road. This is what could see clubs folding in Scotland and if you last looked around Easter Road and other grounds are EMPTY. It's a national thing not just a club thing attendances are down everywhere regardless of product!!! For once the club could show a bit of iniative a lead by example.

Personally myself if i was CC a would be looking at his coaching staff cause at the end of the day they have been coaching with this club since the bad times - John Collins....a mean who are they, where have they came from......Calderwood hasn't recruited any coaches YET!!!!

H18sry
29-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Yep rather than team affairs.....We currently now have IMO our strongest squad since Mowbray but unlike Mowbray have had to be brought in (Mowbray already had a young core of players who were Hibs - Calderwood had a mess that consisted of 2 if not 3 previous managers players.

CC said he needs to
Jan Transfer get some players he knows are reliable to more or less get us out of a relegation dog fight.....which he done
get rid of alot of players come summer which he has done...majority would agree this had to be done
loan a few out i.e. youngsters to give them experience...which every one agrees is a benefit
Replace the dead wood that left during the summer with a better quality of player.....more or less completed on Saturday most would agree.

As someone has mentioned we play the sheeps the following week due to international friendlies - which a couldnae gie a monkeys about because the National team to me really stands for West Coastness.

But i take that as a positive, gives Calderwood extra time to work with alot of the squad before his first real team that he has created take to the pitch.

So yes i think there is more to worry about such as ticket prices, the club should be working to get bums on seats and one way to do this is look at the pricing structure of Easter Road. This is what could see clubs folding in Scotland and if you last looked around Easter Road and other grounds are EMPTY. It's a national thing not just a club thing attendances are down everywhere regardless of product!!! For once the club could show a bit of iniative a lead by example.

Personally myself if i was CC a would be looking at his coaching staff cause at the end of the day they have been coaching with this club since the bad times - John Collins....a mean who are they, where have they came from......Calderwood hasn't recruited any coaches YET!!!!

EURO Qualifiers :wink::wink:

JustSimplyHibs
29-08-2011, 04:59 PM
EURO Qualifiers :wink::wink:

As a say...who gives a @@@@ :aok:

Saorsa
29-08-2011, 06:14 PM

But i take that as a positive, gives Calderwood extra time to work with alot of the squad before his first real team that he has created take to the pitch.!means we can have a weekend without getting beat too, that's got tae be a +