PDA

View Full Version : NHC Arsenal

Northernhibee
29-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Just been on an Arsenal fans website - 54% of their fans want Wenger sacked.

Also noticed that the price for Arsenal to be relegated has been slashed to 150/1 - considering Liverpool are 1,000/1 and Man City and Man Utd are 3,000/1, there's clearly a bit of money being put on that.

I don't think it'll happen, and understand that they have injury and suspension issues, but even now at a full strength squad there's a touch of the Newcastle about them - a squad of really average players who don't appear to have much fight in them (sounds familiar?)

How far are Arsenal in trouble?

For the last two seasons, I've said that Wenger should go - his tactical and signing policy no longer works for the club and the lack of silverware shows - I think Arsenal could well finish bottom third of the table this year.

calder45a
29-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Man, I'd 8-2 be an arsenal fan right now.

stokesmessiah
29-08-2011, 08:36 AM

Also noticed that the price for Arsenal to be relegated has been slashed to 150/1 - considering Liverpool are 1,000/1 and Man City and Man Utd are 3,000/1, there's clearly a bit of money being put on that.

I don't think it'll happen, and understand that they have injury and suspension issues, but even now at a full strength squad there's a touch of the Newcastle about them - a squad of really average players who don't appear to have much fight in them (sounds familiar?)

How far are Arsenal in trouble?

For the last two seasons, I've said that Wenger should go - his tactical and signing policy no longer works for the club and the lack of silverware shows - I think Arsenal could well finish bottom third of the table this year.

I think you should stop drinking.

Absolutely no chance Arsenal will finish that far down the table and whilst i dont think they will be top 4, they wont be a million miles off of it.

As for the Arsenal fans who want Wenger sacked....Short memories.

Northernhibee
29-08-2011, 08:44 AM

Absolutely no chance Arsenal will finish that far down the table and whilst i dont think they will be top 4, they wont be a million miles off of it.

They probably remember the last few seasons with absolutely no silverware whatsoever. Wenger's stubbornly refused to change his tactical or signing style when it's evident that the club really needs a change.

As for where Arsenal will finish, I don't really see where they are particularly strong. In fact, if I was to use a word to describe them, it'd be stale.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2011, 08:53 AM
It's a big season for Arsenal and Wenger. They could sign a couple of decent players, their younger stars could continue to mature and they could again secure a top four finish with thoughts of pushing on for a serious flag challenge next season.

On the other hand, they really could go into freefall. Their defence has been poor for a while and if they still find themselves in the bottom six around Christmas, relegation is not a fanciful notion. In such a position it's hard to play yourself out of trouble, particularly when scrapping teams have lost their awe of you and your fans have turned against you.

Expecting Rain
29-08-2011, 09:18 AM
There are really no excuses for the magnitude of an 8-2 defeat but there are reasons, any club would miss the influence of world class midfielders Fabergas and Nasri, add suspensions and injuries to the equation and also the fact that an excellent Man United almost scored with everything that they tried, there was a flatness to their performance which could well have been a result of their efforts in Udinese and overall they looked tired and disjointed.
People keep saying they should splash the cash, their biggest and record signing was Arshavin who has been absolutely useless and looked like he was trying to get sent off and the manager the sack with a disgraceful and selfish attitude, a derisory offer apparently was made to Bolton for Cahill, after watching him against Man City he is not that good, as for Jagielka he is not worth 10 million either, everybody seems to be saying they must sign players but not offering any names. The truth is they are not as rich as the Manchester clubs or Chelsea who look like they are going to pay over the odds for Modric and pay ridiculous wages, i think that they have been punching above their weight for a long time but the emergence of filthy rich owners at City and Chelsea has proved too much.
Wenger has not been blameless probably relying far too much on his own self confidence and he has been far too trusting regarding certain individuals who have been poor signings wether they like it or not the financial clout of their opponents is going to be a big influence on the progress or demise of Arsenal.

easty
29-08-2011, 09:46 AM
There are really no excuses for the magnitude of an 8-2 defeat but there are reasons, any club would miss the influence of world class midfielders Fabergas and Nasri, add suspensions and injuries to the equation and also the fact that an excellent Man United almost scored with everything that they tried, there was a flatness to their performance which could well have been a result of their efforts in Udinese and overall they looked tired and disjointed.
People keep saying they should splash the cash, their biggest and record signing was Arshavin who has been absolutely useless and looked like he was trying to get sent off and the manager the sack with a disgraceful and selfish attitude, a derisory offer apparently was made to Bolton for Cahill, after watching him against Man City he is not that good, as for Jagielka he is not worth 10 million either, everybody seems to be saying they must sign players but not offering any names. The truth is they are not as rich as the Manchester clubs or Chelsea who look like they are going to pay over the odds for Modric and pay ridiculous wages, i think that they have been punching above their weight for a long time but the emergence of filthy rich owners at City and Chelsea has proved too much.
Wenger has not been blameless probably relying far too much on his own self confidence and he has been far too trusting regarding certain individuals who have been poor signings wether they like it or not the financial clout of their opponents is going to be a big influence on the progress or demise of Arsenal.

Cahill had a poor game, against a good side. So did Vermaelen against Man Utd, is he nae good either though? Gary Cahill is a really good player, who could do better than join the sinking ship that is Arsenal.

Over the odds for Modric you say......what about Alex Oxlade Chamberlain? Modric has been brilliant for Spurs since going there, performing really well in the Premiership, Chamberlain....well he's done well in League 1. I find it hard to understand people who defend Wenger at all, it's not as though he's spent no money at Arsenal. He's spent plenty, and most of it not very well. The fact that he won't go out and spend £30m on a player is probably because he doesn't want to be seen as a f*** up.

Wenger is as egotistical as Jose Mourinho, he's just introvertly, rather than extrovertly, so. And he doesn't have the same managerial ability as Mourinho does.

I'm delighted to see his wee Arsenal empire crumbling, I've always thought the guy was a fud.

HibbyAndy
29-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Behave.

Wenger will never be sacked and they will be right in the mix for a Champions league place.

Hamish
29-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Don't enjoy admitting it but Arsenal play football the correct way, he needs someone working with him to persuade him to have a Plan B when things are going wrong.

frazeHFC
29-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Man, I'd 8-2 be an arsenal fan right now. Clever :greengrin

Expecting Rain
29-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Cahill had a poor game, against a good side. So did Vermaelen against Man Utd, is he nae good either though? Gary Cahill is a really good player, who could do better than join the sinking ship that is Arsenal.

Over the odds for Modric you say......what about Alex Oxlade Chamberlain? Modric has been brilliant for Spurs since going there, performing really well in the Premiership, Chamberlain....well he's done well in League 1. I find it hard to understand people who defend Wenger at all, it's not as though he's spent no money at Arsenal. He's spent plenty, and most of it not very well. The fact that he won't go out and spend £30m on a player is probably because he doesn't want to be seen as a f*** up.

Wenger is as egotistical as Jose Mourinho, he's just introvertly, rather than extrovertly, so. And he doesn't have the same managerial ability as Mourinho does.

I'm delighted to see his wee Arsenal empire crumbling, I've always thought the guy was a fud.

Cahill is an ordinary player elevated to being exceptional due to the fact that he is english, he couldn`t lace Vermaelen`s boots. Vermaelen wasn`t even playing against Manchester United so it would have been difficult for him to have had a poor game.
Modric is a cracking player but won`t score as many goals nor create as many assists as Nasri and Fabergas, Chelsea are mugs if they pay 40 million but then again they can afford it.

Northernhibee
29-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Clever :greengrin

What's got twenty-two legs and one big hoof?

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49706000/jpg/_49706878_colin_calderwood_512.jpg

greenlex
29-08-2011, 10:14 AM
So it turns out one of the best managers in the world for playing football the right way is actually clueless with no plan B. Interesting.

easty
29-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Behave.

Wenger will never be sacked and they will be right in the mix for a Champions league place.

How close would they have to be to be considered "in the mix"?

I don't think they'll be near Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool this season in terms of points. They might come 5th (though I'd not be even a little surprised if they didnt), but I don't see them being "in the mix" for a Champions League place.

I'm sure you're right about them not sacking him and I hope they don't, I love seeing Arsenal doing badly under him.

HibbyAndy
29-08-2011, 10:20 AM
How close would they have to be to be considered "in the mix"?

I don't think they'll be near Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool this season in terms of points. They might come 5th (though I'd not be even a little surprised if they didnt), but I don't see them being "in the mix" for a Champions League place.

I'm sure you're right about them not sacking him and I hope they don't, I love seeing Arsenal doing badly under him.

They dont have a chance of winning the league.Thats a fact..Man u man city and chelsea in any order you want..4th place IMO is still achievable for sure.. Liverpool would be Arsenal's greatest threat for 4th place..Spurs wont get it.. a world class centre half and a world class striker to partner the world class RVP and 4th place is theres..Moneyaint the problem as its burning a very large hole in Wengers pocket!

sh00byd00
29-08-2011, 01:02 PM
They dont have a chance of winning the league.Thats a fact..Man u man city and chelsea in any order you want..4th place IMO is still achievable for sure.. Liverpool would be Arsenal's greatest threat for 4th place..Spurs wont get it.. a world class centre half and a world class striker to partner the world class RVP and 4th place is theres..Moneyaint the problem as its burning a very large hole in Wengers pocket!

I don't agree with that whatsoever.

The least they need is a CB, LB and balling winning midfielder. Upfront, yeah they need another striker, but it isn't a top priority. They've been exposed at left back for a good few games now.

CFC
29-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Honestly I don't watch a lot of Arsenal games but I thought the consensus over the last few seasons (from what people have told me/Ive read) is that Wengers needed to buy a wc goalie, centre half and ball winner. Creativly I thought they were up to par, just too soft.

MWHIBBIES
29-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Yesterday was unforgivable from Arsenal but these things can happen. Yes they and no team should ever concede 8 goals but Arsenal could come out of this quite well if Wenger has an epiphany.

It could finally wake Wenger up that he has to spend. How ever bad all Arsenal fans are feeling he is feeling 1,000,000,000 times worse. He was just destroyed by his main rival in Fergie. Those two men were fighting with each other when Mourinho and Gaudiola where still in nappies and all though there is a stupid amount of respect they both despise losing to each other. I would have thought Fergie all most felt sorry for Wenger yesterday at watching his team just falling apart in a huge game like that, a game where Arsenal have nearly always competed.

Arsenal will be back but they desperately need to spend money. Arsene needs to realise that his project isn't working and needs money to be spent in order to fix the holes within it. The defence just is not good enough and needs a big centre half like Cahill or Samba. They also need a solid Vieira type centre mid to win the ball back and close out games instead of losing 4 goal leads.

Cool_Hand_Luke
29-08-2011, 03:10 PM
They are offering every fan that was at the Man U game a free ticket for another away fixture :agree:

Scouse Hibee
29-08-2011, 03:13 PM
8 goals conceded! Did Arse see any of them or was he unsighted.

MWHIBBIES
29-08-2011, 03:19 PM
8 goals conceded! Did Arse see any of them or was he unsighted.:rolleyes: Original.

Scouse Hibee
29-08-2011, 03:21 PM
:rolleyes: Original.

WTF? I'll check with you next time then eh!

lapsedhibee
29-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Just shows what a high proportion of rissoles there are on EPL websites. And in Arsenal's case, spoiled *******s.

For the last two seasons Arsenal have been playing as if with ten or nine and a half players since for some reason Arshavin, a great player when he arrived, has completely lost it, and Bendtner is still in the squad, and Wenger has shown those two too much loyalty. If this is corrected soon and they play eleven against eleven every week, they will finish fourth or fifth this season imo. Sagna, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Van Persie - if all fit - and any other seven will stroll through most EPL opponents.

Sir David Gray
29-08-2011, 04:56 PM

:agree: I'm not Wenger's biggest fan but having won 3 league titles, 4 FA Cups and got Arsenal to the UEFA Cup final and Champions League final, I wish we had a manager who was as bad as Arsene Wenger.

NGP
29-08-2011, 06:14 PM
It's fine, They have one of the best stadiums in the league, have their own state of the art training ground, need to trust their manager, great youth policy, the team are going through a transition period, financially secure, everything is in place, just need to give it time, everything will turn out fine.

Now, where have I heard that before?

SanFranHibs
29-08-2011, 06:51 PM
It's fine, They have one of the best stadiums in the league, have their own state of the art training ground, need to trust their manager, great youth policy, the team are going through a transition period, financially secure, everything is in place, just need to give it time, everything will turn out fine.

Now, where have I heard that before?

The defence that is as flat and mobile as Seisom's avatar !

Seisom, are you sure that is not copyrighted by the Hibs formation 'booklet'?