PDA

View Full Version : Will CC be sacked this week?

The Sea-gull
29-08-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm saying no but defeat at home to aberdeen in the next game in two weeks time may see him away.

Should he be sacked this week - he should have been allowed to go to Brum or NF in the summer. I think the earliest report of interest was something like 10th June FFS. Chance to get some money for a dud of a manager missed by our dud of a Chairman or whatever RP is these days. Really poor decision making.

Golden Bear
29-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Nope.

But as each week progresses, then the case for his defence is crumbling.

R'Albin
29-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Nope.

But as each week progresses, then the case for his defence is crumbling.

Yep.

Think once Aberdeen undoubtedly beat us he will then get sacked.

scott7_0(Prague)
29-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Yep.

there is no way before XMAS, the current board have to back him after given him money to spend and hope that it all works out in the end. Works out means not getting relegated!

Saorsa
29-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Will he be? No. Should he be? :bye:

hibee bouncer
29-08-2011, 08:35 AM
It's a work in progress job at the moment - granted the progress is difficult to see at the moment however I think there is no point in anyone coming in after the transfer window closes therefore I'm with Scott - give him till Xmas.

Saorsa
29-08-2011, 08:36 AM
It's a work in progress job at the moment - granted the progress is difficult to see at the moment however I think there is no point in anyone coming in after the transfer window closes therefore I'm with Scott - give him till Xmas.Difficult tae see? Hardly surprising as it disnae exist.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Will he be? No. Should he be? :bye:

Think that would be the broad consensus on here. It's okay saying 'keep him till X-mas' but if we lose every game between now and then, that clearly isn't going to happen.

I'd think he's probably got about four or five games if we continue to lose games. And right now, I can't see where the next win is coming from. Even Dunfermline would fancy their chances against us at the moment.

bingo70
29-08-2011, 08:43 AM
I don't think he should go, I'm really struggling to justify why though as we've been absolute garbage since he took over.

Maybe clutching at straws but i think he's proven in the past he is a good manager, he's made a lot of signings with us and most look decent enough players and better than what we had before, plus i don't see the point in turning down compensation for him then sacking him about half a dozen games into the season. I also don't think we can go on changing managers every couple of years, in hindsight maybe we got rid of Yogi too early, although i do think the signings of Trakys and Duffy were signs that he had started to run out of ideas and was panicing a bit.

That said though his inability to motivate the team or stop the players making stupid individual errors is a big concern, his managerial style clearly isn't working just now, i'm wondering how much thats got to do with not having an assistant manager that can maybe do the things he can't, maybe nothing in that though.

He really does need to start getting results though

SaudiHibby
29-08-2011, 08:54 AM
The players he signed need to start earning their wages imo. He has had the backing of the Board and has put together a stronger squad than we have seen for at least 4 years. Its up to them now to go out and start wining games.:agree:

offshorehibby
29-08-2011, 08:56 AM
NO - I've listened to a couple of interviews after the game, he's honest and knows the problem. He's said this team will take a bit of time to click. I think come the 2nd quarter we'll be firing on full cylinders.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2011, 09:24 AM
I voted no but reckon he's got 6 games at most to turn things around. That will give him roughly as long into this season as Hughes got last year - up until the AGM.

What I don't understand is folk saying that on paper he has signed good players. Who exactly? Other then GoC and Sodje can we honestly say any have been a success? I know a lot of them haven't played much for one reason or another but for me there is nothing to suggest that he can spot a player at all - let alone get them performing as a team.

pacorosssco
29-08-2011, 09:31 AM
sadly no as turkeys dont vote for christmas

bobbyhibs1983
29-08-2011, 10:42 AM
He wont get sacked this week, I think the only chance he had of getting sacked this week was if we got hammered yesterday witch we didn't.

Bottom line if i think he ll be given more time,how much time ? well only a couple of people know.

RickyS
29-08-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm saying no but defeat at home to aberdeen in the next game in two weeks time may see him away.

Should he be sacked this week - he should have been allowed to go to Brum or NF in the summer. I think the earliest report of interest was something like 10th June FFS. Chance to get some money for a dud of a manager missed by our dud of a Chairman or whatever RP is these days. Really poor decision making.

would the board have the hee haws to admit a huge blunder in turning down 300k and the blunder in handing him such a long contract anyway!

Sir David Gray
29-08-2011, 11:44 AM
There's no danger that he'll be sacked this week.

The Sea-gull
29-08-2011, 11:49 AM
The players he signed need to start earning their wages imo. He has had the backing of the Board and has put together a stronger squad than we have seen for at least 4 years. Its up to them now to go out and start wining games.:agree:

Agree that he has had the backing of the board but not that he has put together our strongest squad in four years.

Our defence is woefully short on quality and quantity and our midfield has no creativity

mr mojo risin
29-08-2011, 12:05 PM
He should be but won't. The season has only started but we are in a real mess. Bottom of the league and very lucky to have 3 points. We will go down with him in charge. Our performances so far this season have been pathetic. CALDERWOOD MUST GO.

RickyS
29-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Agree that he has had the backing of the board but not that he has put together our strongest squad in four years.

Our defence is woefully short on quality and quantity and our midfield has no creativity

:top marks

wots deano up to these days

steakbake
29-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I also don't think we can go on changing managers every couple of years, in hindsight maybe we got rid of Yogi too early, although i do think the signings of Trakys and Duffy were signs that he had started to run out of ideas and was panicing a bit.

He really does need to start getting results though

Hughes was woeful towards the end and despite being 4th by our fingernails, he was not someone with whom the long term future of the club could be trusted. He, like Calderwood it seems, also had the knack of turning relatively good players into mediocre ones.

That said, IMO there is enough left in the season to see where this takes us and to give a manager time to get his squad settled and organised. I think Christmas is a reasonable number of games away to assess the situation. If we've not distinctly improved by then, it will a) have been a reasonable amount of time to expect some reaction, b) give a new manager a window to get in any essential additions to the squad and c) hopefully be enough time to dig us out of a relegation hole.

It is all a complete gamble because either way, the outcome is totally uncertain.

lobster
29-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Shouldn't the option be 'Yes Please'?

NOLA
29-08-2011, 02:08 PM
i think we are stuck with him until he gets it right or he gets us relegated

HFC 0-7
29-08-2011, 02:22 PM
there is no way before XMAS, the current board have to back him after given him money to spend and hope that it all works out in the end. Works out means not getting relegated!

What money has the board given him to spend? He has pretty much brought people in on free contracts or loans. Most of his signings contracts will be up at the end of the season or before. I have said it before, the board have been very careful here IMO, especially after the will he wont he saga. Players being brought in on 6 - 12 month deals, IMO, hardly makes a case that the board have been backing him financially.

RoslinInstHibby
29-08-2011, 02:34 PM
:top marks

wots deano up to these days

scoring goals in a killie strip:agree:

Sweep
29-08-2011, 03:35 PM
You should have had a should be option

RickyS
29-08-2011, 03:38 PM
scoring goals in a killie strip:agree:

yeah i knew that mate, saw his goal against Caley. exactly the type we need IMO

Jim44
29-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Exactly. I don't know if that's what the OP intended or whether he meant literally what's there. Assuming he did mean the latter, I don't think there's the slightest chance of Petrie sacking him this week and I'm amazed that so many people do think it'll happen this week. Given the stance that Petrie and the Board took a wee while ago in keeping him, to sack him now would surely see the back of Petrie as well.

sesoim
29-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Exactly. I don't know if that's what the OP intended or whether he meant literally what's there. Assuming he did mean the latter, I don't think there's the slightest chance of Petrie sacking him this week and I'm amazed that so many people do think it'll happen this week. Given the stance that Petrie and the Board took a wee while ago in keeping him, to sack him now would surely see the back of Petrie as well.

Unfortunately that is the case. If Petrie sacks CC, Petrie has to go as well. Petrie will keep CC as long as possible in the hope he turns thing around. But he must be squirming in his chair at the games now, as it is clear to everyone with a brain in their head that CC is a disaster and we are heading for relegation under him.

staunchhibby
29-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Come xmas a very distinct possibility we are still bottom of SPl so why wait till then.Get him out now

MrSmith
29-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Absolutely no chance! It would bring into sight the monumental errors the board have made in the last few years!

Alfred E Newman
29-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Sacking him now would be pointless as any replacement would be lumbered with the poor squad assembled by Calderwood. The end of October would be a more logical time to dump him , giving any new manager a few weeks to assess the players before the next window.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I voted no, but, only because Rod would have to admit to making a James Hunt of it, that winnae happen!

nortonhibby
29-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Yep.

I Dont agree even after the Aberdeen Defeat he seems to be like a cat with many lives RP Has staked everything on proving us wrong.
CC Is hear for the long haul whether we like it or not.

FRes Hibbie
29-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Absolutely no danger he'll get sacked this week and neither should he.

The situation in the summer with Brum and Forest sniffing around was a disaster for Calderwood's relationship with the fans. He shouldn't have been in the slightest bit interested in becoming an assistant manager again - especially with less than a year of actually running the show and patiently waiting for the season to end so he could put his own team together.

Having said that though I think the signings he's made have been (or will turn out to be) terrific: Palsson, O'Connor, Towell, Osbourne, Sproule and Griffiths are all better than what was before them and I'm convinced it'll only be a matter of a few weeks before we start to hit good form. It was unfortunate that the derby was yesterday, I think it came about a month too early for us and I can see us giving them a proper roasting when they come to Easter Road.

People talk about Calderwood's record, his wins and losses, since coming to us but I think that's short-sighted, last season was a proper transitional year, the sort that pretty much renders results on the pitch irrelevant while the medium-term goal of punting the deadwood is carried out. For me Calderwood's record as Hibs manager started this season and, while we've been disappointing so far, I think we have plenty to look forward to.

If there's been no progress by the end of October/beginning of November then it'll be time to wield the managerial-job-sacking axe. He says it himself that he feels his squad is complete, the most time-consuming stuff is done, that gives him two months to get them playing well. Over to you, Colin.

R'Albin
29-08-2011, 08:54 PM
I Dont agree even after the Aberdeen Defeat he seems to be like a cat with many lives RP Has staked everything on proving us wrong.
CC Is hear for the long haul whether we like it or not.

I was having a discussion with someone on Sunday, and they reckoned that it could be Scott Lindsay who has the final say?

GreenOnions
29-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I certainly hope not. It would finally confirm us as the biggest laughing stock of scottish football. I think we need to exercise a bit of sphyncter control and give CC a chance. Barring a series of seriously heavy defeats I would imagine that's what RP will be doing too.

hibby67
30-08-2011, 12:22 AM
i vote no......
lets see how he gets on when all his signings are fit and have had a chance to adapt to the SPL
it might be frustrating but if he goes where do we go next........

there has been calls for strachan to come in but i think he will be a bit to expensive for us and lets not forget he did not do to good at middlesbrough.......

we need a bit of stability i am sick of starting again and building a new team when a new man joins....
but i think petrie will cave into pressure if only to try and save his own skin