PDA

View Full Version : Riordan

Dunbar Hibee
29-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Derek was sitting in front of me today said his life in China was going well :thumbsup: Gave Gaz a wee ripping too just in a joking sense of course. Fantastic to see him in amongst our support cheering on the Hibs. Derek Riordan he's one of our own :flag:

Thomson
17-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Seen deek today at craigleith in edinburgh. Said hi but don't know him personally so didn't ask what he was up to. Anyone know if he's just visiting or what?

IWasThere2016
17-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Back home - looking for a club.

frazeHFC
17-11-2011, 09:57 PM
:hmmm:

smurf
17-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Love to see him back where he belongs doing what he does best - scoring goals in the green and white of Hibernian.

Coco Bryce
17-11-2011, 10:05 PM
He better no be getting interviewed for the managers joab :cool2:

WellingtonHibby
17-11-2011, 10:17 PM
has he given up on China already? Home quicker than Darren Jackson was! - cant see many SPL clubs taking a punt, as i imagine he will want a hefty wage.

silverhibee
17-11-2011, 10:18 PM
He better no be getting interviewed for the managers joab :cool2:

Spotted at Peebles Hydro tonight. :greengrin

silverhibee
17-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Seen deek today at craigleith in edinburgh. Said hi but don't know him personally so didn't ask what he was up to. Anyone know if he's just visiting or what?

Check the daily rags tomorrow. :aok:

_hucks_
17-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Check the daily rags tomorrow. :aok: Go on, spill it before!

andrew70
17-11-2011, 10:27 PM
C

I really hope he's coming back. Fair play to him he tried something different many a player wouldn't have bothered.

HH81
17-11-2011, 10:30 PM
He has signed for Burnley no doubt. :wink:

MCameron
17-11-2011, 10:30 PM
C

I really hope he's coming back. Fair play to him he tried something different many a player wouldn't have bothered.

Riorden & o'connor partnership up front again..............................for the huns?

Wotherspiniesta
17-11-2011, 10:33 PM
C

Aye, fair play to him for taking the megabucks for a move which he was never going to stick with and has left him in the football wilderness.

The years if bevvying have caught up with Derek (just like they will with Stokes, O'Connor etc) and I'm just glad we got to see him in his prime.

JustSimplyHibs
17-11-2011, 10:34 PM
More chance of Martin O'Neil becoming the next Hibs boss than Deeks resigning

500miles
17-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Let's sign Gordon Durie again. He used to be good.

Springbank
17-11-2011, 10:50 PM
He has signed for Burnley no doubt. :wink: mid season break in the chinese season at present,thats all

.Sean.
17-11-2011, 10:52 PM
mid season break in the chinese season at present,thats all Wrong.

alhibby
17-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Well i'd take him back, no problem

SteveHFC
18-11-2011, 12:06 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3942756/Deek-says-Cheerio-old-China.html

DEREK RIORDAN has quit his China adventure after just four months.The ex-Hibs and Celtic star's two-year deal at Shaanxi Chanba has been ended by mutual consent.
Riordan made the shock move in July but had a string of run-ins with new manager Gao Hongbo.
Last month Hongbo launched a scathing attack on the former Scotland cap and insisted his performances were 'not proportional to his ability'.
Then the manager claimed Riordan, 28, had gone AWOL in the city of Xi'an, which has a population of 8.5 million.
Now Riordan has called it quits after scoring just one goal in China, but he would still like to play abroad.
Agent Jim McArthur said: "Derek has reached a mutual agreement with Shaanxi to leave. He enjoyed his experience in China, but he was out there without his partner and young daughter and was missing them and it turned out to be simply too far for him.
"Derek remains keen to try a new challenge abroad, but closer to home. He'll look at new opportunities on his return."
Several Turkish clubs are believed to be looking at the free agent.

silverhibee
18-11-2011, 12:10 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3942756/Deek-says-Cheerio-old-China.html

SRHibs
18-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah, Turkey seems like it would be a viable option if China was 'too far away for him'.

Good luck wherever he goes, I just hope a return to Easter Road isn't on the cards.

Cabbage East
18-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Yeah, Turkey seems like it would be a viable option if China was 'too far away for him'.

Good luck wherever he goes, I just hope a return to Easter Road isn't on the cards.

I hope it is.

Riordans Boots
18-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Well I would have to agree to disagree there :agree:

California-Hibs
18-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Come back home again Derek, this is your home, where you belong, and you are a club legend!

Theres only one Derek Riordan! :not worth

Sir David Gray
18-11-2011, 12:32 AM
I can't say that I would be as desperate for Hibs to sign him as I was 3 years ago when he signed from Celtic but I don't think we're in any position to turn our nose up at him if he was willing to come.

We're in a very sorry state at the moment and although he didn't always set the heather on fire last season, we know what he is capable of at this level and if Garry O'Connor's court case goes against him over the next couple of weeks, he could be serving a prison sentence.

I personally don't see him coming back for a third spell though.

Nailrod
18-11-2011, 03:56 AM
Ironically, I think Deeks would be a better player for us if we weren't so rubbish. In a good team, he would be an exceptional player - as he was in his first spell.

But he's never been the type of player who can carry inferior players. Sticking him in with a bunch of journeymen and hoping he's somehow going to 'inspire' them is never going to work.

In his second spell, I would like to have seen him at least tried occasionally in some kind of 4-4-2 with Stokesy, instead of being permanently consigned to left midfield. Or at least, given that he's one of the very few genuinely two-footed players in the game, switched from left to right from time to time during the course of a match to introduce a bit of variety.

3pm
18-11-2011, 07:37 AM
I assume he got a few £'s if it was 'Mutual Consent'?! Good luck to him.

greenlex
18-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Think he could do a job in the Agogo role in behind O'Connor except we might not be playing that fitmation under tge new man.

greenlex
18-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Think he could do a job in the Agogo role in behind O'Connor except we might not be playing that fitmation under the new man.
There has to be a time when Riordan has a look at himself.
How many managers has he played under who have questioned his work ethic?

The Voice Of Reason
18-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Think he could do a job in the Agogo role in behind O'Connor except we might not be playing that fitmation under the new man.
There has to be a time when Riordan has a look at himself.
How many managers has he played under who have questioned his work ethic?

Are you a parrot ?!? :wink: :greengrin

Allant1981
18-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I personally wouldnt like to see him back at the club at the moment but if he did then id obviously support him 100%. At the moment we need players who are going to graft and dig us out the *****. Riordan isnt this type of player

Judas Iscariot
18-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Are you a parrot ?!? :wink: :greengrin

Was such a good point he had to make it twice..

I agree 100% with him, Deek would be most welcome in this side :agree:

Derek Riordan = Legend :top marks:not worth

Judas Iscariot
18-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Are you a parrot .?!? :wink: :greengrin

Was such a good point he had to make it twice..

I agree 100% with him, Deek would be most welcome in this side :agree:

Derek Riordan = Legend :top marks:not worth

persevere1875
18-11-2011, 09:42 AM

DEREK RIORDAN has quit his China adventure after just four months.

The ex-Hibs and Celtic star's two-year deal at Shaanxi Chanba has been ended by mutual consent.
Riordan made the shock move in July but had a string of run-ins with new manager Gao Hongbo.
Last month Hongbo launched a scathing attack on the former Scotland cap and insisted his performances were 'not proportional to his ability'.
Then the manager claimed Riordan, 28, had gone AWOL in the city of Xi'an, which has a population of 8.5 million.
Now Riordan has called it quits after scoring just one goal in China, but he would still like to play abroad.
Agent Jim McArthur said: "Derek has reached a mutual agreement with Shaanxi to leave. He enjoyed his experience in China, but he was out there without his partner and young daughter and was missing them and it turned out to be simply too far for him.
"Derek remains keen to try a new challenge abroad, but closer to home. He'll look at new opportunities on his return."
Several Turkish clubs are believed to be looking at the free agent.

Ohhh, you do surprise me, undoubted ability but sometimes just cant be arsed, do we really need another spell of this ??

Judas Iscariot
18-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Ohhh, you do surprise me, undoubted ability but sometimes just cant be arsed, do we really need another spell of this ??

What? Oppose to the current mob of no hopers with nae ability that cant be arsed tae?

Andy74
18-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Performances not proportional to his ability. I think it looks like maybe Hibs weren't to blame for holding his ability back after all?

persevere1875
18-11-2011, 09:58 AM
What? Oppose to the current mob of no hopers with nae ability that cant be arsed tae?

So what you think bringing in another player who cant be arsed to prove his ability will help the "mob of no hopers" as you put it to get better, really ??

calumhibee1
18-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes please.

Judas Iscariot
18-11-2011, 10:37 AM
So what you think bringing in another player who cant be arsed to prove his ability will help the "mob of no hopers" as you put it to get better, really ??

No, I want the no hopers to be as far away from the 1st team as possible and get some guys with ability & talent back into the side..

Beefster
18-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I think folk on here will still be arguing about how mince/brilliant Riordan was post-2006 when he's been retired twenty years. Something to look forward to.

persevere1875
18-11-2011, 10:48 AM
No, I want the no hopers to be as far away from the 1st team as possible and get some guys with ability & talent back into the side..

Think we all want that so I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree as to whether or not the inigma that is Deeks is potentialy one of those players who could help the cause.

RIP
18-11-2011, 12:01 PM
I know Derek has his admirers but I was sat down the front of the East in the Mixu season and the abuse he took from some sections of the support seemed to be a direct result of a perceived lack of effort and bad attitude. His workrate did improve under Yogi I thought.

Strachan had previously refused to play him although we never heard a clear statement as to why

I don't blame Derek as he was raised at club whose player culture, fitness and attitude has been under the microscope for a decade under Petrie. Mowbray came close to tackling it by bringing in good lifestyle men like Murphy, Hogg and Jones and teetotallers like Benjelloun and Zemmama. Collins tried health, fitness and lifestyle coaching but that was undermined by the players and Petrie

I've no idea what the new manager can achieve where others have failed but sadly I can't see Derek appearing at the top of their list of signings

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2011, 12:11 PM
There is no doubt about his ability but a huge doubt about his desire..............therefore thanks for the memories Deek, wish you well in your search for whatever you're looking for.

allezsauzee
18-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Get him signed up please Rodney

Judas Iscariot
18-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Get him signed up please Rodney

:agree:

scoopyboy
18-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Clear a wee space in you inbox mate.

silverhibee
18-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Clear a wee space in you inbox mate.

:aok:

snooky
18-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Back home - looking for a club.

To go with the wedge he got in China? :wink:

silverhibee
19-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Deek Up in the main stand to watch the Hibs today.

judas
19-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Glad to see he is doing well in China.

Happy he is supporting the club.

Thankful for the service he gave us.

Pleased he won't be coming back to play for Hibs any time soon.

leither17
19-11-2011, 04:47 PM

has he not left the club in china?

R'Albin
19-11-2011, 05:00 PM

Have you actually read the rest of this thread?:confused:

Judas Iscariot
19-11-2011, 05:19 PM

:faf:

What a plum!