PDA

View Full Version : How many more games should CC get?

Lofarl
28-08-2011, 09:52 PM
My first response is zero. But we all know CC will still be manager come our next match, unless he looks in more sweetie bags. I give him 4 matches. If we don't pick up at least 7 points in the matches against Aberdeen, Pars, Arabs and the Big Huns, I can't see Rodders sticking with him.

But you never know Rodders and CC might do the decent thing and leave.

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-08-2011, 09:56 PM
We play St Johnstone at ER before the Huns game. 4 games in September, 3 at home, A big month for Hibs and Calderwood.

WarringtonHibee
28-08-2011, 10:02 PM
None, the sooner the ****** ****s off the better.

Captain Trips
28-08-2011, 10:02 PM
IMO he is about 5 or 6 past his limit, think the problems lie also upstairs, I really cannot believe we actually finished 10th with all the good work off park that the footballing side was allowed to get this bad and it simply still looks as bad, shambles at ER gross mismanagement IMO from board.

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2011, 10:04 PM

nortonhibby
28-08-2011, 10:07 PM
We play St Johnstone at ER before the Huns game. 4 games in September, 3 at home, A big month for Hibs and Calderwood.

Lets Give Colin September:flag:

James70
28-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Can we afford to sack him?

OR Can we afford to not sack him?

LancashireHibby
28-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Tempted to say zero but will go with the next two - a minimum of four points or you're gone. Not too much to ask, surely?

sleeping giant
28-08-2011, 10:12 PM
He gets a quarter of a season imo. I am running out of hope though.

Who'd be a Hibby eh ?

Northernhibee
28-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Zero.

c31
28-08-2011, 10:32 PM
he should be gone now, are your reading this Fife?

truehibernian
28-08-2011, 10:34 PM
£200,000 reasons that says even if he was reading it, it ain't gonna happen.

Borderhibbie76
28-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Just posted on another thread that I can't stand CC and wish he had gone in the summer but do think that we now have to give him time considering he has signed practically a whole new team. If we sack him now, where the hell do we go from here???

That said if we are still bottom at the end of Sept, he will be sacked and if he is...Mr Petrie needs to follow him OUT the door. I honestly believe he is the bigger issue at ER and needs to go. How many DUDS has he now appointed as manager?????

steakbake
28-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Christmas.

And if we have to let him go, I expect a statement from the board explaining how we have had such a disastrous run of managerial appointments and which one of their heads will roll for presiding over it.

Tired of transition teams - we're always in transition - excuses and poor performances from players who actually aren't bad players to a man, just chronically and consistently poorly organised. Bored of reading about how amazing East Mains is when it is clear that a good number of the players cannot play 60+ minutes of a game because they're unfit. Tired of being told to play my part when there are imposters all through out the club from Board to Players and we're paying top dollar to line their pockets for nowt.

At the moment, it feels like it could be very easy for me to walk away from Hibs. I have committed to a season ticket but even then, I'm now looking on that money as a potential 40 quid a month saved if I just stop the direct debit. I wouldn't be missing much at all.

Steve20
28-08-2011, 10:46 PM
He should have been gone long ago. Let's not make the same mistake we did with Duffy and leave him in charge too long.

stu in nottingham
My first response is zero. But we all know CC will still be manager come our next match, unless he looks in more sweetie bags. I give him 4 matches. If we don't pick up at least 7 points in the matches against Aberdeen, Pars, Arabs and the Big Huns, I can't see Rodders sticking with him.

But you never know Rodders and CC might do the decent thing and leave.

Every single game he's been in charge has been one too many. Cut the losses.

One Day

A huge month for Hibs that could see the end of Calderwood

HibsMax
28-08-2011, 10:51 PM
I think we need to stick with him for a while longer. If we punt him now then we're back in a very familiar situation - new manager, not his players.

I watched today's game online and I think that if we can figure out passing, defending and shooting we might have a chance! I didn't find any silver linings from today's game other than, perhaps, some of Stack's saves. Thought Stevenson was lucky to stay on after kicking Murray. All in all a pretty disappointing performance today.

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 11:04 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/0a085980.jpg

Sir David Gray
28-08-2011, 11:07 PM
A huge month for Hibs that could see the end of Calderwood

:agree: We need to be aiming for around 7 or 8 points at least from those four games.

Anything less than 4 points should see him gone by the time we go to Ibrox in five weeks' time.

3 home games in September really should give us the opportunity to get right up the league. Unfortunately our home record has been so dire over the past 18 months or so that I really wouldn't be confident of it working out that way.

Monkey Harris
29-08-2011, 12:34 AM
International break time to fed someone in.

The_Famous_HFC
29-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Getting rid of him now would be the best option if the baord are dead set on sacking him eventually. But. If he stays untill say Christmas, then sacking him could well be counter-productive as it would mean the squad he has assembled and play under his way will have to go through yet another transition period with the next plonker. Sacking him now before he makes too much influence on the squad would be a wise move.

basehibby
29-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Losing 2-0 at Tynie is no great disaster in itself but on the coat-tails of league defeats vs Kille and St Mirren it represents the continuation of an utter pish run of form and Calderwood will need to start putting some wins together starting with Aberdeen or his position will become increasingly tenuous.

September is the month for Calderwood to prove the team he has assembled is capable of succeeding under his tutelage. All 4 fixtures are surely winable and anything less than 8 points will see us start to slip off the pace for the top 6. Against Aberdeen and Dunfermline the very least we need to see is convincing performances if not 6 points - another two defeats in these games and Calderwood would need some imense hard luck stories to save his skin.

If he gets through these games then CC still has to prove in the 2 home games vs St Jounstone and Dundee Utd that the home defeat vs St Mirren was a blip - anything less than 7 points out of these 4 games would be something of a failure and would put more pressure on him.

Ultimately, by the end of September we need to see convincing evidence that Calderwood has a handle on things and has the team moving in the right direction. He'll have had 2 transfer windows and 4 games with his fully assembled squad at his disposal - if we're still seeing relegation form at that point then it will be time to cut our losses IMO.

basehibby
29-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Getting rid of him now would be the best option if the baord are dead set on sacking him eventually. But. If he stays untill say Christmas, then sacking him could well be counter-productive as it would mean the squad he has assembled and play under his way will have to go through yet another transition period with the next plonker. Sacking him now before he makes too much influence on the squad would be a wise move.

Too late for that I would have thought with pretty much a full team of players signed and only 3 days of the transfer window left - which is why it would be crazy to sack CC right now without giving him the chance to get a head of steam up with the players he himself has signed. That said, I agree that he can't be persisted with indefinately if results don't change for the better. That's why, as indicated in my post above, I'd give him the next 4 games to start getting some wins on the table - that way if he gets the heave ho, the next plonker will have sufficient time to make his own (hopefully positive) impact on the season.

Septimus
29-08-2011, 05:06 AM
The watershed of Collins was, and remains a major problem with Hibs. He knew that without dedication to fitness the whole thing is a waste of time. We now seem to be trawling the nether regions of the English leagues for has beens or might have beens who appear to arrive with some excuse for not making it ready made. Someone who desires a football career would surely keep himself in peak condition when looking for future employment. Arthur's Seat is free.

We must appoint someone who can assess a potential signing's ability to get fully fit. Someone who can extract the full possibilities of East Mains. A professional.

In the meantime get the boys onto the park. Do we not have any future stars looking to impress and willing to run themselves into the ground for the team? Stop sending them to Brechin and the likes and get them into the famous green and white.

southern hibby
29-08-2011, 06:11 AM
I can't prove it but I get this feeling inside that CC is trying to get sacked.... Saying that I feel he is going the right way about it.

I would sack him now because the results speak for themselves and lets be honest IF HE COULD GO TO BIRMINGHAM or FORREST he would be off like a shot.......

What is the cut off point when we say enough is enough....

GGTTH.

Don Giovanni
29-08-2011, 06:55 AM
We play St Johnstone at ER before the Huns game. 4 games in September, 3 at home, A big month for Hibs and Calderwood. Yes, September is looking like an important month for CC. Those are all win-able games. He has his squad now (and its a big squad). Hiding behind the fitness of players is pathetic. He picks the team. They should all be getting fit now anyway after using August fixtures as a "pre-season". Hibs need to be making big strides next month in terms of performance. CC needs, at the very least, 2 wins out of those next 4 fixtures IMO. Right now that last minute winner up at Inverness is looking more and more like a fluke I'm afraid. :bitchy:

EasterRoad4Ever
29-08-2011, 06:58 AM

If he somehow manages to wangle a win or two in September, this doesn't address the underlying problem - we have a manager who is either clueless or is deliberately trying to lose matches. Anyone watching our last 10 games - the comic defending and inept performances - might conclude that the whole team is on the make and have a few bets on the opposition - we are THAT bad :wink:.

Northernhibee
29-08-2011, 07:54 AM
In hindsight and with a bit less anger than yesterday, I'd still say send him packing today. With a bit of time to the next competitive game, there'd be time to get someone in - it's the opportunity to get rid of a ****ing awful manager.

We deserve much, much better than this clown. He's worse than ****ing Yogi - I don't even know how that's possible!

yekimevol
29-08-2011, 04:18 PM
november the 1st, plenty of time to fix it and then the new man gets time to judge the squad before the next window