PDA

View Full Version : No need to panic!!

ecky1875
28-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Hibs will come good under calderwood, how did ferguson get on in his first few years of building a team = *****! he needs time ti get the team ti gel, granted the long ball has ti stop.:brickwall

Northfield Hibby
28-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Hibs will come good under calderwood, how did ferguson get on in his first few years of building a team = *****! he needs time ti get the team ti gel, granted the long ball has ti stop.:brickwall

Why should we give Calderwood time when we didn't give Mixu or Yogi the time?

What's so special about this numpty?

Anyone that plays Thornhill from the start, needs there head looked at!!!!

Beefster
28-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Didn't Ferguson finish second in his first season at Man Utd?

greenlex
28-08-2011, 07:54 PM

He has managed successfully at a level arguably higher than Hibs. The other two havent.

madbadlad
28-08-2011, 08:08 PM
You have to question the need for Thornhill, Scott, Osbourne, Palsson all being signed when a 12 year old could point out the need for defensive cover at the back, not in midfield, plus a desperate need for some creative flair in the middle of the park. The fact he pulled O'Connor back behind the front line says a lot about our lack of midfield passers.

Coco Bryce
28-08-2011, 08:35 PM

You been on the eccies ecky :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2011, 08:44 PM
You have to question the need for Thornhill, Scott, Osbourne, Palsson all being signed when a 12 year old could point out the need for defensive cover at the back, not in midfield, plus a desperate need for some creative flair in the middle of the park. The fact he pulled O'Connor back behind the front line says a lot about our lack of midfield passers.

Of course our best passer of a ball, crosser of a ball and free kick taker is now plying his trade in China. To think many on here were glad to see the back of him.

marleyhib
28-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Bollocks

marleyhib
28-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Also do not mention Ferguson and Calder**** in the same sentence, he is not worthy

greenlex
28-08-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm a bit older than 12 but O'Hanlon and Towell both played today in our defence both calderwood signings so thats two of the back four.. Midfield I will concede needs someone to create but it does have passers. Thornhill Osbourne and Palsson can all pass the ball

nortonhibby
28-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Of course our best passer of a ball, crosser of a ball and free kick taker is now plying his trade in China. To think many on here were glad to see the back of him.

Derek will return home and do the business its RP That is the problem once he goes we will flourish :flag::flag::flag:

steviehibsleith
28-08-2011, 09:06 PM
I agree no need to panic IMO all thats needed is a left back and a center half befor the window shuts and we will be ok. Im not being critical of Booth or Hanlon just think support in these areas will help.
I feel the squad is better than last season just had a poor start and the unease the players will have about Calderwood moving on will go when transfer window shuts and then team can work hard and climb up the ladder.

ahibby
28-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I agree no need to panic IMO all thats needed is a left back and a center half befor the window shuts and we will be ok. Im not being critical of Booth or Hanlon just think support in these areas will help.
I feel the squad is better than last season just had a poor start and the unease the players will have about Calderwood moving on will go when transfer window shuts and then team can work hard and climb up the ladder.

:agree: What you said man.

chrisski33
28-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Hibs will come good under calderwood, how did ferguson get on in his first few years of building a team = *****! he needs time ti get the team ti gel, granted the long ball has ti stop.:brickwall What a load of pish! Cc has had. enough time. His pish record says it all! If u cant see it god help u

chrisski33
28-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I agree no need to panic IMO all thats needed is a left back and a center half befor the window shuts and we will be ok. Im not being critical of Booth or Hanlon just think support in these areas will help.I feel the squad is better than last season just had a poor start and the unease the players will have about Calderwood moving on will go when transfer window shuts and then team can work hard and climb up the ladder.More pish! Need a manage who will play the rught tactics!

Tyler Durden
28-08-2011, 10:54 PM
He has managed successfully at a level arguably higher than Hibs. The other two havent.

Do you think that League One is a higher level than the SPL?

truehibernian
28-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Every need to panic when he plays a midfield that has the mobility of a traffic cone, and a striker who has literally just got over a groin strain.

Midfield against Berwick scored three goals, created plenty.

Strikers scored two, missed a few.

Defence kept a clean sheet for first time in three games.

Calderwood saw better......changed everything, in all departments. We are now bottom of league, scored none, conceded two.......great management !

Sir David Gray
29-08-2011, 12:03 AM

Ferguson's record in his first 38 matches in charge of Manchester Utd;

P-38
W-15
D-14
L-9

Calderwood;

P-38
W-10
D-6
L-22

Ferguson also managed to get United from 19th position when he first arrived to 11th at the end of his first season in charge. After 38 games in charge, during the following season, United were 3rd. Calderwood took us from 8th spot when he arrived and we finished in 10th last season and after his 38 games in charge, we are now bottom of the league.

I didn't think it was possible but we have actually gone backwards in the 10 months since his appointment.

Colin Calderwood may find a way to turn things around at Hibs but the situation he finds himself in is nothing like the situation with Ferguson at Manchester Utd.

Monkey Harris
29-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Why should we give Calderwood time when we didn't give Mixu or Yogi the time?What's so special about this numpty? He has an especially worse record than Mixi and Yogi.

HibeeSince85
29-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Hibs are bottom of the league mate, we just got beat fi Hearts after some seriously questionable selection choices, puzzled me!

Hibs have nout about them just now, it's no a panic, it's shocking.

leither17
29-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Can we just not mention ferguson full stop he is a hun enough said

Hibs 7
29-08-2011, 01:03 AM

I think the fact that we've emptied the previous two and have got nowhere (except backwards) shows we need to try giving a manager time. Not debating whether he's the right guy or not but I can't face another season of teambuilding should he suffer the same fate as Mixu & Yogi.