PDA

View Full Version : CC speaks

down the slope
28-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh dear http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14606014.stm

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Oh dear http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14606014.stmit would be better if he never, i got half way through then closed it.

3pm
28-08-2011, 06:44 PM
I can't hear it but I suggest the 'oh dear' suggests it's bollocks. No surprise. Par for the course.

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2011, 06:45 PM
The suggestion that the Berwick game took its toll on the players was a cracker.

DaveF
28-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Ah well - He apologised to the fans so all is forgiven :rolleyes:

So, he played a team of half fit players - that was the problem.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2011, 06:47 PM
The suggestion that the Berwick game took its toll on the players was a cracker.

:agree: I nearly crashed the car on my way home when I heard that on the radio!

Tuesday night was barely anything more than a training session. If any of them were struggling after that then I suggest they look for an alternative career.

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 06:50 PM
:agree: I nearly crashed the car on my way home when I heard that on the radio!

Tuesday night was barely anything more than a training session. If any of them were struggling after that then I suggest they look for an alternative career.either that or somebody puts that £5Million training centre tae better use

Hfc_Since1875
28-08-2011, 06:50 PM
too blame a lack of match fitness for the result/performance is embarrassing!!

If he thinks(and he says he does) that the only problem today was our fitness im not sure how many more games ill be attending this season!! :brickwall

hibsbollah
28-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Apparently there is no other problem to solve except the new signings getting up to match fitness.

So if they werent match fit Colin, why didnt you notice and do something about it? Like play simeone who was.
Pathetic interview.

Since90+2
28-08-2011, 06:51 PM
He's no got a clue.

Devine
28-08-2011, 06:56 PM
A man in complete denial launch him NOW

one day maybe...
28-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Jesus give the guy a break he is trying to build a team with players, decent players, who F me are due the guy a shift, due him so much more than just turning up and kicking a football about a field. For many years now I have watched far to many guys parade around a park in a Hibs top, guys in the privelaged position of being a professional football players without ever understanding the word professional, taking a pay from Hibernian even when their output is the total sum of Silch.. Perhaps introducing a performance related pay (win, draw or you get half pay will bring dividends) for some of these prima donna's would benefit many of our so called provisional clubs..

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 07:00 PM
The tiitle of this thread should be changed to "CC Speaks........and instantly cures insomnia".

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SteveHFC
28-08-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't want to listen to what the Clown has to say.

Jim44
28-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Calderwood is clueless. It's unfair to condemn him for the way he speaks and his deadpan personality but what he says is absolute drivel. What gets me is he doesn't seem to realise how useless he actually is. I'll never forget his comment when he arrived at ER ........ "I'm good at being a football manager." You could have fooled me.

stokesmessiah
28-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Don't think he said much wrong to be honest.

Since90+2
28-08-2011, 07:12 PM

What apart from the fact the only problem we have is match fitness? Unless u agree with him?

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 07:13 PM

So you agree with the part about us "fading" because we played Part Time, 3rd Division Berwick Rangers FOUR DAYS AGO ?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
28-08-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't care what he says, I care what he does.

I'm behind him, but he HAS to start picking up results. Pronto.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2011, 07:17 PM

It's just as well somebody is because none of the other teams in the league are just now.

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2011, 07:18 PM
He's a tit..4-5-1 with Pallson, Griffiths/Galbraith & Scott in for Agogo, Ozzy & Thornhill & that'd seen us beat them or at least compete a bit better..

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Fairly painful to listen to.

Why are fit guys like Palsson not starting? He is clearly our best midfielder, fact. Why did Scott not start, not our best midfielder but he has a set of nuts and must be confident after scoring a brace mid week. CC must rate Osbourne and Murray as our 1st choice midfielders, this worries me as Osbourne is painfully unfit and Murray is a. not a midfielder and b. seen his best days. Again, CC does not address this and another week goes by that he is not held accountable.

Booth? Not going through his best spell so why is he killing one of our best youngsters. The lad needs to be free'd from his defensive duties and allowed to play left midfield with a dependable left back behind him, maybe Murray!! Agogo, did he play? Is he good enough to start in front of a fully fit Sodje?

I'm not saying these are the correct decisions but I can't think why they are not happening?

greenlex
28-08-2011, 07:25 PM
What apart from the fact the only problem we have is match fitness? Unless u agree with him?
Thats not what he said though. He said the defending and gifting opposition goals is a problem.

Match fitness is a problem for some of the newer lads and that will come.

greenlex
28-08-2011, 07:26 PM
So you agree with the part about us "fading" because we played Part Time, 3rd Division Berwick Rangers FOUR DAYS AGO ?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

If the players are not match fit then why not? He said he knew it might be problem.

Speedway
28-08-2011, 07:28 PM

Agreed. Posters reasons for wanting him away are shortsighted at best but the results can't be defended (neither can corners apparently).

We CC says that fitness of his signings is the factor, it better had be for his sake because he's out of reasons otherwise.

NOLA
28-08-2011, 07:44 PM
listening to that it seems that the unfit players will benefit from today's runaround, jesus H.:rolleyes:

greenlex
28-08-2011, 07:48 PM
listening to that it seems that the unfit players will benefit from today's runaround, jesus H.:rolleyes:
They have had 60 mins gametime. How will that do them any harm getting match fit?

Fantic
28-08-2011, 07:49 PM
99 years in the folsom pen

greenlex
28-08-2011, 07:56 PM
99 years in the folsom pen
Hear that train a comin

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 07:58 PM
They have had 60 mins gametime. How will that do them any harm getting match fit?

Eh ?!? You were the one agreed with Calderwood that the GAME on Wed night (4 days ago!) meant the players "faded" today.

Which is it ?!? Did the players benefit from the Berwick game (i.e another game under their belt) or did it cause them to "fade" today.

Do you have a clue what you are saying (with respect).

fatbloke
28-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Message to CC

if i wanted to listen to an :asshole: i would fart.

greenlex
28-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Message to CC

if i wanted to listen to an :asshole: i would fart.
Erseholes are like opinions. Everyone has one but really shouldnt be heard in public.

fatbloke
28-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Or talk?:dunno:

Nut man's an er5e. Anyone who says match on Tuesday affected his players is a grade one er5e.

carnoustiehibee
28-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Fairly painful to listen to.

Why are fit guys like Palsson not starting? He is clearly our best midfielder, fact. Why did Scott not start, not our best midfielder but he has a set of nuts and must be confident after scoring a brace mid week. CC must rate Osbourne and Murray as our 1st choice midfielders, this worries me as Osbourne is painfully unfit and Murray is a. not a midfielder and b. seen his best days. Again, CC does not address this and another week goes by that he is not held accountable.

Booth? Not going through his best spell so why is he killing one of our best youngsters. The lad needs to be free'd from his defensive duties and allowed to play left midfield with a dependable left back behind him, maybe Murray!! Agogo, did he play? Is he good enough to start in front of a fully fit Sodje?

I'm not saying these are the correct decisions but I can't think why they are not happening?

:agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
28-08-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqT-AhKnLKg

I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqT-AhKnLKg) agree with every word he says here.

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 08:09 PM
He dint say that. He said that's the third game in a week.

Lex - are you going to answer my question in Post Number 30 in this thread ?

fatbloke
28-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Erseholes are like opinions. Everyone has one but really shouldnt be heard in public.

greenlex
28-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Eh ?!? You were the one agreed with Calderwood that the GAME on Wed night (4 days ago!) meant the players "faded" today.

Which is it ?!? Did the players benefit from the Berwick game (i.e another game under their belt) or did it cause them to "fade" today.

Do you have a clue what you are saying (with respect).

Yes thanks. Yes I do have a clue what I am saying. Agogo and Ozzy were not playing midweek and 60mins today will help them. If they had a game say this Wed then the game today might affect those two players on Wed regards fading. That make sense?
When he made the remark about fading and the three games in a week he was being asked about consistency and a settled 11 He was justifying playing players that were not match fit and knowing they might fade. O'Halnlon and Towell fall into that category and Sodje came on. All these players will benefit from today in a match fitness sense.

greenlex
28-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Lex - are you going to answer my question in Post Number 30 in this thread ?
Patience man. See above.

147lothian
28-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Chopping and changing managers gets you no where! question, did the folk calling for Calderwoods head, also call for williamson, collins, mixu and Hughes head, the list could go even further, we need a reality check here

Torres
28-08-2011, 08:20 PM
The guy sounds almost as if he has given up :rolleyes:

We need rid asap. Who are we going to bring in though? :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Yes thanks. Yes I do have a clue what I am saying. Agogo and Ozzy were not playing midweek and 60mins today will help them. If they had a game say this Wed then the game today might affect those two players on Wed regards fading. That make sense?

Thanks for the reply but you have still got me confused and I still think you contradicted yourself !

Anyway, lets leave it there as I've got a headache!

Apologies for the "do you have a clue" comment.

paul_hfc3
28-08-2011, 08:23 PM
He's a tit..4-5-1 with Pallson, Griffiths/Galbraith & Scott in for Agogo, Ozzy & Thornhill & that'd seen us beat them or at least compete a bit better..

What?! These players you named to come on would never have one us the match. What complete nonsense, most of those players have played in many games as the others and done just as poor.

Galbraith is in bold text because he is absolutely pish. We talk about Wage thieves hes prime suspect number one, the boy is more bothered about his hair gel than he is having a good performance for Hibs. He's overrated on this board and is the Joe Cole of England, meant to be a player who creates chances for the team when we are doing poorly. When infact all he does is tends to get pushed off the ball or miss place a pass, and in general lose us possession.

To give Calderwood it tight for the post match interview is harsh. Lets be honest most of you are on here fumming after today's result and are looking for a scape goat and he's the man. Anything he said he would have got abuse. Stick by him instead of slating the man, we all expected to lose to THEM today anyway.

Del Boy
28-08-2011, 08:26 PM
didnt think it possible but he speaks more pish than John Hughes. Time's up you muppet.

Cameron1875
28-08-2011, 08:27 PM
The way we are playing is annoying me and i think most fans just as much as the results. under cc we are losing pathetically and deserve to lose imo. If there were positive signs then ok but today was painful

greenlex
28-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the reply but you have still got me confused and I still think you contradicted yourself !

Anyway, lets leave it there as I've got a headache!

Apologies for the "do you have a clue" comment.
It didnt make sense when I read it either. I have edited it and added some. Hope thats better

TheEastTerrace
28-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I gave up listening before a minute was out. Depressing.

NOLA
28-08-2011, 08:32 PM
They have had 60 mins gametime. How will that do them any harm getting match fit? cos today was a derby game not a pre season friendly, if they werent fit they shouldn't have been playing.

muirhousehibby
28-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Defence is murder we have played least amount of games but have conceded the most. if we get that right then results would improve hopefully. He wasn't happy with the performance just as much as us.

I'm wondering with all the attacking options we'll start banging them in. :agree:

Springbank
28-08-2011, 08:45 PM
cos today was a derby game not a pre season friendly, if they werent fit they shouldn't have been playing. exactly! Its about time folk told him derbies and cup games are different from spl dross games. Too meaningful to be so inept in, use all other games to prepare coz today and ayr etc are judgement days at a capital city club. Cc too slow,way too slow to grasp this in a 2 team town

greenlex
28-08-2011, 08:50 PM
cos today was a derby game not a pre season friendly, if they werent fit they shouldn't have been playing.
Do you think a team without Agogo Ozzy O'Hanlon and Towell would have fared any better today?
Scott and Galbraith in the middle and maybe palsson at RB and Stephens at CB.?

NOLA
28-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Do you think a team without Agogo Ozzy O'Hanlon and Towell would have fared any better today?
Scott and Galbraith in the middle and maybe palsson at RB and Stephens at CB.?
the result could have been the same for sure, but if he knows the players aren't fit why play them today? just my opinion as its easy to be a computer manager :wink: spoony should have been at RB, palsson instead of ozzy, sodje instead of agogo, we would have still lost but then we wouldnt be questioning calderwoods decision to field the team he did. anyway it's done now.

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2011, 09:04 PM

He has given up..

No wonder the players are toiling too!!!

Gala Foxes
28-08-2011, 09:10 PM
the bulk of our players were back in training at the end of June - 2 full months ago

exactly when are these guys going to be fit - and how come no other clubs are bleating about players not being fit / ready ?

these guys are full time pro's - they should be fit by now, if they are injured or unfit they shouldn't be on the park

Hearts never seem to have a problem with attitude / commitment or fitness when they play us

ahibby
28-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Listened to it a couple of times and he is mainly referring to players who were coming back from injury playing two games in quick succession. He must believe he played his strongest eleven today and maybe on paper he did. The result was no surprise to me. A Hibs win would have been a surprise. Leading up to this game Hearts have had better preparation. You know give me the choice of playing Spurs or Berwick the game before a derby and the choice is a no brainer. The problem for us today wasn't about today it's about the entire build up for the season. Fancy bringing in a couple of new players a few days in the lead up to a derby and them both getting a game, and throwing O'Hanlon in and Agogo so quickly coming back from injury. I am not blaming him I think I would have done the same, in his shoes. It was probably his strongest eleven on paper. We still need to get behind them for the next few games, even though it might be tough for us due to results. I don't see any reason why the team shouldn't gel in time, it's still early days for them. If after the next four games we aren't in a more comfortable position then it will be squeaky buuuuummmmmm time for me anyway.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2011, 09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqT-AhKnLKg

I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqT-AhKnLKg) agree with every word he says here.

So do I but in fairness all he does is tell us how we lost the two goals and the Leigh Griffiths could be a good signing. Hardly covers what folk on this thread are really complaining about :wink:

lapsedhibee
28-08-2011, 09:16 PM

Think Jefferies could do a job for us? :dunno:

greenlex
28-08-2011, 09:23 PM
the result could have been the same for sure, but if he knows the players aren't fit why play them today? just my opinion as its easy to be a computer manager :wink: spoony should have been at RB, palsson instead of ozzy, sodje instead of agogo, we would have still lost but then we wouldnt be questioning calderwoods decision to field the team he did. anyway it's done now.
He was talking about being match fit and looked like a team struggling in that respect after we were behind and chasing the game.
He also said we needed a break when we were behind. We were playing it long instead of compact with good passing and that you dont get a break playing it long. I think a few folk missed that part too. He will be the one getting slaughtered for the long ball today.

Hiber-nation
28-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Every time he talks some sense he goes and spoils it by coming out with some complete nonsense.

Then just as I'm shouting abuse at the radio he spoils that by coming out with some sense again.

Albion Hibs
28-08-2011, 09:31 PM
When he talks about match fitness is he not refering to;

- Osbourne - only his second game of the season, with no pre-season
- Towell - First game of the season with about 1/2 training sessions under his belt
- Agogo - his 2nd game (of which he only played 45 mins in the first) again with no pre-season with hibs
- Griffiths - Will have trained with Hibs at most twice
- O'Hanlon - 2nd game for hibs, first after coming back from three weeks out

On the basis of the above I would agree with him. The fact that we needed to sign pretty much a new team, which takes time, and the season started earlier we are left in the position that a lot of the above have not played together or had anything that resembles game time.

Put another way, before booth gave away another goal there was nothing to suggest to me in the first 38 mins that we are not a better team than them.

chrisski33
28-08-2011, 09:35 PM
either that or somebody puts that £5Million training centre tae better use We did better when we didnt have it!

SanFranHibs
28-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Hard to believe that CC offered fatigue as a contributary factor, but I thought the rest of his Calton Hill sermon, especially the promise that 'the meek shall inherit the earth', was appropriate and certainly gives ground (no pun intended) for optimism. And 'blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted' was very reassuring after today's visit to the Coliseum.

However, I noticed he omitted 'blessed are they that weep now: for ye shall laugh'. Hard to tell if this omission was intended. If so, it may be that the aforementioned optimism is no more than blind faith.

:boo hoo:

We certainly need the patience of a :angelic:

Jonnyboy
28-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Hard to believe that CC offered fatigue as a contributary factor, but I thought the rest of his Calton Hill sermon, especially the promise that 'the meek shall inherit the earth', was appropriate and certainly gives ground (no pun intended) for optimism. And 'blessed are they that moan: for they shall be comforted' was very reassuring after today's visit to the Coliseum.

However, I noticed he omitted 'blessed are they that weep now: for ye shall laugh'. Hard to tell if this omission was intended. If so, it may be that the aforementioned optimism is no more than blind faith.

:boo hoo:

We certainly need the patience of a :angelic:

Fixed that for you T :greengrin

renato
28-08-2011, 10:12 PM

- Towell - First game of the season with about 1/2 training sessions under his belt
- Agogo - his 2nd game (of which he only played 45 mins in the first) again with no pre-season with hibs

On the basis of the above I would agree with him. The fact that we needed to sign pretty much a new team, which takes time, and the season started earlier we are left in the position that a lot of the above have not played together or had anything that resembles game time.

Put another way, before booth gave away another goal there was nothing to suggest to me in the first 38 mins that we are not a better team than them.

I get what you're saying but who's the guy that chose to play these "lacking match fitness" players today? To then sight this as a (or the main?) factor post match would suggest that he got his selection wrong and he's therefore apportioning blame to himself for the defeat? :dunno:

I don't think he had a choice but to play Towell and O'Hanlon, and both aquitted themselves fairly well and fitness / sharpness-wise they didn't look out of touch. The likes of Ozzy and Agogo didn't need to start however as we had more than adequate alternatives in the shape of Palsson, Scott and Sodje (certainly from a match fitness perspective).

It seems even more baffling given these guys played well in the cup game and are clearly more comfortable with our tactics, team mates etc than Ozzy and Agogo would have been.

All ifs and buts of course but, on the back of another dreadful day at tynie, I can understand why some people are a bit surprised and frustrated with some of his post match comments.

Tyler Durden
28-08-2011, 10:24 PM

What did you see in the other 52 minutes? Is it acceptable than as soon as we lose a goal we're beat?

And just to defend Booth slightly, although it was a shocking pass to give Thornhill, we should have still dealt with what came alot better. Also, although this will sound like clutching at straws, I think Hamill actually fouls Thornhill. Clearly comes through the back of him to take the ball and in most leagues, it's a foul. In the heat of a derby, probably not unexpected that we get nothing.

Anyway to get back OT, Calderwood is completely unconvincing and uninspiring when talking to the media. I doubt he's that different when addressing the squad. Personally I can't see him taking us where we want to go. Top 6 will be a struggle. He seems similar to Mixu's problem of signing what appear to be quality players but having no idea how to make them a cohesive unit. The flat 4-3-3 that we ended with was never going to get us anywhere. The depth of the tactics is "hit it long and hope Sodje/GOC/Agogo wins a flick on".

truehibernian
28-08-2011, 10:25 PM
You should play a team that's match fit. Same starting eleven that started Berwick.

He proved today he is indeed a clown.

Did you enjoy your curry after the game Colin......you looked as unconcerned ordering as you did on the touchline.

He will, sad to say, take us down. Poor poor poor football. Unimaginative, no creativity, no fight, no desire......no leaders.

R'Albin
28-08-2011, 10:57 PM
I have to admit I haven't listened to this interview, as I cannot be bothered. But I'm seriously worried if our players are that tired after playing a midweek game against a 3rd division club.

Up until today I have been saying we should back CC, but It's got to the point where I think we should punt him. The guy is good at finding players but is tactically inept, I genuinely believe we have good squad but that the problem is that he has no clue how he should play them.

We have some really good players in our squad, but they are not being utilised correctly and the squad that we have at the moment is being wasted by Calderwood IMO..

joe breezy
29-08-2011, 02:34 AM
You should play a team that's match fit. Same starting eleven that started Berwick.

Did you enjoy your curry after the game Colin......you looked as unconcerned ordering as you did on the touchline.

He will, sad to say, take us down. Poor poor poor football. Unimaginative, no creativity, no fight, no desire......no leaders.

I wanted Hibs to take the compensation when it seemed there was a chance he could go but I'm not sure he should be crying into his popadoms just to keep Hibs fans happy when he's having a curry.

FWIW I'm not that bothered about post match interviews. More bothered about what happens on the pitch

Hearts are a different proposition to anyone outside the Old Firm. Better wages does mean better players on the whole, that's kind of how it works most of the time.

It's the board that's the problem, or the owners but until someone has the motivation to lose some money on a football team things won't get much better.

Beefster
29-08-2011, 07:07 AM

I was all for giving him this season to prove he is capable or otherwise but if he had a curry for his tea, get him out of ER this week. Everyone knows that you are only allowed a smoked sausage supper after a derby defeat and that you have to be in tears whilst ordering it.

This place is like a parody of a real football forum these days - dress sense, interview manner, post-match dinner. What's next? His choice of shower gel? The fact that he uses a scrunchy and not a sponge whilst bathing?

TornadoHibby
29-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Thats not what he said though. He said the defending and gifting opposition goals is a problem.

Match fitness is a problem for some of the newer lads and that will come.

Yup, that's what he said and NOT what many other posters have THOUGHT that he had said! :rolleyes:

I'm with you in that the new players do look as though they will deliver when match fit (quite different from fit by running up and down Arthur's Seat as some have suggested! :wink:)!

We should see some improvements in September probably towards the end of the month but maybe sooner! Assuming that the training programme is properly constructed and delivered and monitored at East Mains! :wink:

truehibernian
29-08-2011, 08:18 AM
I was all for giving him this season to prove he is capable or otherwise but if he had a curry for his tea, get him out of ER this week. Everyone knows that you are only allowed a smoked sausage supper after a derby defeat and that you have to be in tears whilst ordering it.This place is like a parody of a real football forum these days - dress sense, interview manner, post-match dinner. What's next? His choice of shower gel? The fact that he uses a scrunchy and not a sponge whilst bathing? Admittedly written in the heat of the moment beefster, borne out of utter frustration with the team.For me though, after any defeat, I am a sore loser and would bury myself away stewing. Seeing him after the game as carefree as you like just made my blood boil slightly. I agree though, now the dust has settled, not one of my better posts.

Tyler Durden
29-08-2011, 09:12 AM
I wanted Hibs to take the compensation when it seemed there was a chance he could go but I'm not sure he should be crying into his popadoms just to keep Hibs fans happy when he's having a curry.

FWIW I'm not that bothered about post match interviews. More bothered about what happens on the pitch

Hearts are a different proposition to anyone outside the Old Firm. Better wages does mean better players on the whole, that's kind of how it works most of the time.It's the board that's the problem, or the owners but until someone has the motivation to lose some money on a football team things won't get much better.

So why are Hibs sitting 12th from 12, when we've the 4th/5th biggest wage bill?

down the slope
29-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I was all for giving him this season to prove he is capable or otherwise but if he had a curry for his tea, get him out of ER this week. Everyone knows that you are only allowed a smoked sausage supper after a derby defeat and that you have to be in tears whilst ordering it.

This place is like a parody of a real football forum these days - dress sense, interview manner, post-match dinner. What's next? His choice of shower gel? The fact that he uses a scrunchy and not a sponge whilst bathing?

Nothing to do with interview manner more the content, nearly every other club had a midweek game and also with new additions to their squads but it would seem we are the only team affected by this ?, i think nothing will change with this man at the helm.

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Just listened to it and thought it was laughable. To use a lack of match sharpness as an excuse is straw clutching at best. He had the fittest and most energetic player in Martin Scott sat on the bench for 81mins.

Wrong team selection and poor tactics lost is that match yesterday, nothing else.

Beefster
29-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Admittedly written in the heat of the moment beefster, borne out of utter frustration with the team.For me though, after any defeat, I am a sore loser and would bury myself away stewing. Seeing him after the game as carefree as you like just made my blood boil slightly. I agree though, now the dust has settled, not one of my better posts.

Fair dos. I've been guilty of the 'heat of the moment' posts myself on many occasions.

Nothing to do with interview manner more the content, nearly every other club had a midweek game and also with new additions to their squads but it would seem we are the only team affected by this ?, i think nothing will change with this man at the helm.

What he said about the Berwick game is nonsense and, rightly, deserves to be ridiculed. However, I was referring to the posters who slag him off for his 'lack of passion and personality' because of his manner in interviews.

marinello59
29-08-2011, 10:53 AM

He's right. We had an energy sapping game against the mighty Berwick to recover from. It was bound to take it's toll.
Whilst they had a stroll in the park in a European fixture against Tottenham something or other.
It just wisna fair.

greenlex
29-08-2011, 11:12 AM
He's right. We had an energy sapping game against the mighty Berwick to recover from. It was bound to take it's toll.
Whilst they had a stroll in the park in a European fixture against Tottenham something or other.
It just wisna fair.
When he mentioned three games in a week it was in the context of a settled/first 11 team and changing it. He mentioned tiredness or match fitness in the context of new players with little game time.
I am not having a pop at you in particular and I understand he is hard work in interviews but we really should be listening to the questions and the answers in context. If we dont we get to this situation where it is peddled that the game against Berwick was the reason we didn't perform second half.

down the slope
29-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I think Yogi must write his script

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss-slams-derby-performance.6827168.jp

Colin , you cannot keep a clean sheet when you are a goal down.

BEEJ
29-08-2011, 11:53 AM
When he mentioned three games in a week it was in the context of a settled/first 11 team and changing it. He mentioned tiredness or match fitness in the context of new players with little game time.
I am not having a pop at you in particular and I understand he is hard work in interviews but we really should be listening to the questions and the answers in context. If we dont we get to this situation where it is peddled that the game against Berwick was the reason we didn't perform second half.
:agree: First question from interviewer was about a settled first eleven, which prompted CC's reference to the midweek game and the players returning from injury etc.

First question probably ought to have been, "Colin, do you think you should have made so many changes to the starting 11 from the midweek game?"

Albion Hibs
29-08-2011, 12:00 PM
What did you see in the other 52 minutes? Is it acceptable than as soon as we lose a goal we're beat?

And just to defend Booth slightly, although it was a shocking pass to give Thornhill, we should have still dealt with what came alot better. Also, although this will sound like clutching at straws, I think Hamill actually fouls Thornhill. Clearly comes through the back of him to take the ball and in most leagues, it's a foul. In the heat of a derby, probably not unexpected that we get nothing.

Anyway to get back OT, Calderwood is completely unconvincing and uninspiring when talking to the media. I doubt he's that different when addressing the squad. Personally I can't see him taking us where we want to go. Top 6 will be a struggle. He seems similar to Mixu's problem of signing what appear to be quality players but having no idea how to make them a cohesive unit. The flat 4-3-3 that we ended with was never going to get us anywhere. The depth of the tactics is "hit it long and hope Sodje/GOC/Agogo wins a flick on".

No, where did I say it was acceptable not to be able to mount a come back? But being realistic, if you dont see that it materially changes things then you are kidding yourself. Put another way would you have backed hibs -1 goal yesterday, perhaps even two when you throw in the Hanlon bad clearance, Stack save and thornhill losing his man, or -2 against St Mirren, because that is effectively what we are doing to ourselves at the moment.

As soon as we are one down, they can focus on stopping us playing, they get there crowd behind them and we are forced to change things about to get a goal just to get us level, leaving ourselves more open to them countering.

connerg
29-08-2011, 12:50 PM

:top marksCouldn't agree more, we do have pretty good players but CC is not a manager and does not want to be at Hibs.

sauzee6_2
29-08-2011, 01:20 PM
If the players are not match fit then why not? He said he knew it might be problem.

So is he taking the piss out of us fans?? Use the game against Berwick to get match fitness!! Do not take any chances in a derby match!

We now have 2 weeks off when these guys can get up to speed in bounce matches......on no wait, from what I hear the players have been told they will get a good few days off!!!!

I have heard a right few stories from inside Hibs recently, stories that have me very worried. Not going to share at the moment, but suffice to say, all is not rosy!!

Looking at the club is there any area / department when you look at it and think 'that is well run'

Management, coaches, fitness coach, players, links with fans, Hibs TV, website, matchday programme,

Can you honestly say that none of these areas do not need improvement?

There comes a time when enough is enough.....I fear that this time is coming very soon!

greenlex
29-08-2011, 01:35 PM
So is he taking the piss out of us fans?? Use the game against Berwick to get match fitness!! Do not take any chances in a derby match!

We now have 2 weeks off when these guys can get up to speed in bounce matches......on no wait, from what I hear the players have been told they will get a good few days off!!!!

I have heard a right few stories from inside Hibs recently, stories that have me very worried. Not going to share at the moment, but suffice to say, all is not rosy!!

Looking at the club is there any area / department when you look at it and think 'that is well run'

Management, coaches, fitness coach, players, links with fans, Hibs TV, website, matchday programme,

Can you honestly say that none of these areas do not need improvement?

There comes a time when enough is enough.....I fear that this time is coming very soon!

Of course he is not taking the piss. He wanted to get to 60/70 mins in the game and still in it and then bring on what he saw he needed to. It didnt happen we poorly defended and webster scored after the first(another mistake). He conceded we looked like losing a second goal as we didnt have the numbers in the right areas and after that we didnt play well. We had strength and depth on the bench and in his words he is happy with that The plan in his words were we wanted to be in the game and make changes at the right time probably after an hour. The game was done before the changes were made.
All areas of the club should be striving for constant improvement. Should you just cull anyone and any thing without giving them a fair chance to improve what they are doing? You seem to have a bit of inside knowledge of the club as a whole so either share so we can make comment or you would be a s well just staying quiet.

JustSimplyHibs
29-08-2011, 01:47 PM

Which accounts for the majority of goals scored in Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland.

What's the saying again "80% of team goals are scored using 6 touches and less"

sauzee6_2
29-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Of course he is not taking the piss. He wanted to get to 60/70 mins in the game and still in it and then bring on what he saw he needed to. It didnt happen we poorly defended and webster scored after the first(another mistake). He conceded we looked like losing a second goal as we didnt have the numbers in the right areas and after that we didnt play well. We had strength and depth on the bench and in his words he is happy with that The plan in his words were we wanted to be in the game and make changes at the right time probably after an hour. The game was done before the changes were made.
All areas of the club should be striving for constant improvement. Should you just cull anyone and any thing without giving them a fair chance to improve what they are doing? You seem to have a bit of inside knowledge of the club as a whole so either share so we can make comment or you would be a s well just staying quiet.

So is it ok to take chances with fitness In a derby??? Chances he did not need to take! Why not get 60/70 mins with fit players and then bring on the players that are not fully fit?

As for your other point, how long is enough time? Most of the areas mentioned have been poor for at least 5 years! Sticking your head in the sand will not get us out of this mess!

greenlex
29-08-2011, 02:01 PM
So is it ok to take chances with fitness In a derby??? Chances he did not need to take! Why not get 60/70 mins with fit players and then bring on the players that are not fully fit?

As for your other point, how long is enough time? Most of the areas mentioned have been poor for at least 5 years! Sticking your head in the sand will not get us out of this mess!
Would we have been any better off with the team that won on Tuesday? the fit one? The defence bar Towell was the same. We will never know. Fact is we are a squad/team that is playing together for the first time. Whether it was Hearts St Mirren Dunfermline or whoever it wouldnt matter. Its because it was Hearts folks are getting their knickers in a twist. Probably better using an away derby to bring players up to speed than a League cup tie to be honest. What if the unthinkable had happened and Berwick had got a result against players just in the door? I will get over yesterday a whole lot quicker than being being pumped out a cup tie by Berwick Rangers.
As for your other points they are just nonsense. The club is being run very well in every other aspect. The on field stuff is concerning but the rest is just fine. Unless you are gonna spill what you know or are you just making it up? I find it really hard to take someone who is bashing the match programme in the same breath as the manager.team or Board to be honest.

down the slope
29-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Would we have been any better off with the team that won on Tuesday? the fit one? The defence bar Towell was the same. We will never know. Fact is we are a squad/team that is playing together for the first time. Whether it was Hearts St Mirren Dunfermline or whoever it wouldnt matter. Its because it was Hearts folks are getting their knickers in a twist. Probably better using an away derby to bring players up to speed than a League cup tie to be honest. What if the unthinkable had happened and Berwick had got a result against players just in the door? I will get over yesterday a whole lot quicker than being being pumped out a cup tie by Berwick Rangers.
As for your other points they are just nonsense. The club is being run very well in every other aspect. The on field stuff is concerning but the rest is just fine. Unless you are gonna spill what you know or are you just making it up? I find it really hard to take someone who is bashing the match programme in the same breath as the manager.team or Board to be honest.

" The club is being run very well in every other aspect ", have a look at the league table , in case you have forgotten we are a football club not a property company or any other company.

HFC 0-7
29-08-2011, 02:12 PM

6 of the starting 11 have played together for at least half a season so they should be up to speed. Couple that with another 5 outfield players on the bench that have been with the club since at least January. If Calderwood thought it would be a gamble to play 5 players that havent played together before then why do it in a derby? Why not introduce them slowly. FWIW the best player for hibs this season is one of the new signings in O Connor, he seems to have got to grips quickly enough and looks pretty fit even although he hasnt had much in the way of match practice before Hibs . There is a difference between physically fit and match fit. You need to play players in games to get match fit but you dont have to play them to get physically fit. The players werent physically fit and it showed. If they arent physically fit they shouldnt play, end of. Calderwood played them and left the fit ones on the bench. Massive error. Excuses excuses on here for why we are rubbish, the reason we are rubbish is because the tactics are rank, the players were played when unfit and thats all Calderwood fault.

BEEJ
29-08-2011, 02:20 PM
:agree: Strange indeed

greenlex
29-08-2011, 03:04 PM
6 of the starting 11 have played together for at least half a season so they should be up to speed. Couple that with another 5 outfield players on the bench that have been with the club since at least January. If Calderwood thought it would be a gamble to play 5 players that havent played together before then why do it in a derby? Why not introduce them slowly. FWIW the best player for hibs this season is one of the new signings in O Connor, he seems to have got to grips quickly enough and looks pretty fit even although he hasnt had much in the way of match practice before Hibs . There is a difference between physically fit and match fit. You need to play players in games to get match fit but you dont have to play them to get physically fit. The players werent physically fit and it showed. If they arent physically fit they shouldnt play, end of. Calderwood played them and left the fit ones on the bench. Massive error. Excuses excuses on here for why we are rubbish, the reason we are rubbish is because the tactics are rank, the players were played when unfit and thats all Calderwood fault.

I agree. There are five players who are at this moment not match fit and most with possibly the exception of possibly Towell haven't really had a preseason to speak of. O'Hanlon Agogo Osbourne Towell and Sodje. Of that five two of them have been here a matter of weeks the one not that much longer. When do we ease them in? Why not give them an hour in a Derby. At the end of the day its only three points and three points that not many of us would be counting on to be frank.There lack of games didnt IMO contribute to the loss of the goals. When we were two down and the damage done it was hard for the substitues to make an impact so much so that I would argue it made things worse.
O'Connor and Sproule havent been here for years so are getting to know there team mates. Griffiths hasnt been here since a kid. Calderwoods other signings have been here a matter of months. Add to all that the ones that have been here since Huhes /Mixu the team/squad needs time to gel.
I find it hard to argue Scott should have started instead of maybe Thornhill but Palsson looked good on the ball on Tuesday with plenty time. Time he wouldnt have got yesterday
Both Palsson and Scott have short fuses and prone to losing the plot so maybe that was behind Claderwoods decision to start without them. Who Knows.
ALL IMHO of course.
Calderwood and his squad needs a season.

greenlex
29-08-2011, 03:05 PM
" The club is being run very well in every other aspect ", have a look at the league table , in case you have forgotten we are a football club not a property company or any other company.
I am not the one moaning about it either way DTS. Merely responding to the poster who is saying these parts of the club are a shambles which they clearly are not. I dont think you read my post properly. I did say the on on field issues were a concern or did you just ignore that bit?

matty_f
29-08-2011, 03:20 PM
I would give cc thecseason but imho the deciding factor should not be whether or not we are looking likely to be relegated, but instead whether or not we will make top 6. Spl survival should be a given, not an aspiration.

sauzee6_2
29-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Clearly this is where we differ, i would never expect to lose to Berwick, even if it was our u19's. Yes cup shocks happen, but we should always have enough depth to beat a part time team.

Losing to hearts is never acceptable to me, nor do i get over it quickly (just a personal thing). The worrying thing for me is that people are actually accepting the gulf between the two teams yesterday, lets face it, we did not even get close to matching them yesterday! I even heard somebody say thay where quite happy losing 2 - 0 as they expected it to be a lot worse. I accept that we all take defeat differently, but yesterday was a sore one for me (and a lot of uother unhappy people i was with yesterday).

As for the other areas, the product on the field is a direct link to the productivety off the field.

Look at other clubs in the league, they are smaller clubs, smaller fan base, smaller turnover - yet they are (currently) ALL doing better than us. Who is to blame when we have not had a successful manager / team for 5 years? The board need to take some stick here, why do they get away with it? They appoint the manager (s), they need to stick by their decisions. What about the fact that that we have had to pay off our last 2 managers with 2 years of their contracts left, i would guess that will be around £500K. If the board did their job properly, would that money have been better spent? (i guess we will never know)

The point i was making re the programme etc was an attempt, in my view to highlight that we have a lot of areas off the park that needs improvement, but much like the team, some people seem to accept a middle of the road standard. Again, going back to my point, these areas have been like this for some time, in most areas showing no sign of improvement.

Perhaps a bit of frustration venting, however the upward spiral we experianced in the past is now becoming a rapid decline that needs to be halted very quickly before we end up like a Dundee, Falkirk

truehibernian
29-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I would give cc thecseason but imho the deciding factor should not be whether or not we are looking likely to be relegated, but instead whether or not we will make top 6. Spl survival should be a given, not an aspiration.Totally agree matty, but just as winning breeds confidence, losing continually is as contagious. My fear and worry is that despite every fan, coach, ex pro and pundit identifying the weaknesses, it is the same errors now week week out.Yesterday - was it just me, or did anyone else spot the continual ball watching from their throws or set pieces ? Not tight, space not closed down. Our players stand off far too often. Towell showed Driver onto his left all first half instead of committing and forcing him inside. Similarly Booth was turned inside out due to a lack of confidence in the tackle.Midfield was again too narrow, or the only out ball first half was Sproule, second half long ball to Sodje or Garry. Passing was slow, cumbersome and ill thought out. When we lost possession, Black and co had acres of space to work in. The work ethic is not there. As the commentary said, four Hibs players in the box for the first goal, not one anticipated the cut back or tracked runners. We play so flat positionally that has to be a coaching issue for me.Bottom 6 is the reality. No panic, just harsh truths. We are a very poor football side with no spine.

HFC 0-7
29-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I agree. There are five players who are at this moment not match fit and most with possibly the exception of possibly Towell haven't really had a preseason to speak of. O'Hanlon Agogo Osbourne Towell and Sodje. Of that five two of them have been here a matter of weeks the one not that much longer. When do we ease them in? Why not give them an hour in a Derby. At the end of the day its only three points and three points that not many of us would be counting on to be frank.There lack of games didnt IMO contribute to the loss of the goals. When we were two down and the damage done it was hard for the substitues to make an impact so much so that I would argue it made things worse.
O'Connor and Sproule havent been here for years so are getting to know there team mates. Griffiths hasnt been here since a kid. Calderwoods other signings have been here a matter of months. Add to all that the ones that have been here since Huhes /Mixu the team/squad needs time to gel.
I find it hard to argue Scott should have started instead of maybe Thornhill but Palsson looked good on the ball on Tuesday with plenty time. Time he wouldnt have got yesterday
Both Palsson and Scott have short fuses and prone to losing the plot so maybe that was behind Claderwoods decision to start without them. Who Knows.
ALL IMHO of course.
Calderwood and his squad needs a season.

I dont think you are seeing the full picture though, we have to hit the ground running, every team needs to. We are the only ones that cant seem to 'gel' as everyone keeps saying. Facts are, about 75% of the squad have been with hibs since January or before. You play to your strengths, we played players that were physically unfit, in a derby where the pace is manic, that is never going to be a good thing. Another fact which people seem to be missing is that we will probably be forced into having to replace 8 or more players in the next window or end of the season meaning we will be in exactly the same position next season. So in regards to the part in bold, a season to do what? If, what you think is going to happen, and we gel and become a great side, it will be dismantled because the short term signings will all be gone!!! Players need to hit the ground running, granted the 'team' wont be firing on all cylinders until they get used to each other, but having just signed shouldnt mean that you cant pass, take up good positions and just in general do the basics of football.

The biggest point I think most are missing is that Calderwood is assembling a team where most of the players that he has brought in are short terms signings. If thats his plan then he must know that the players must gel quick. We cant throw 5 or more games away a season due to a team 'gelling' and getting fit.

greenlex
29-08-2011, 04:43 PM
I dont think you are seeing the full picture though, we have to hit the ground running, every team needs to. We are the only ones that cant seem to 'gel' as everyone keeps saying. Facts are, about 75% of the squad have been with hibs since January or before. You play to your strengths, we played players that were physically unfit, in a derby where the pace is manic, that is never going to be a good thing. Another fact which people seem to be missing is that we will probably be forced into having to replace 8 or more players in the next window or end of the season meaning we will be in exactly the same position next season. So in regards to the part in bold, a season to do what? If, what you think is going to happen, and we gel and become a great side, it will be dismantled because the short term signings will all be gone!!! Players need to hit the ground running, granted the 'team' wont be firing on all cylinders until they get used to each other, but having just signed shouldnt mean that you cant pass, take up good positions and just in general do the basics of football.

The biggest point I think most are missing is that Calderwood is assembling a team where most of the players that he has brought in are short terms signings. If thats his plan then he must know that the players must gel quick. We cant throw 5 or more games away a season due to a team 'gelling' and getting fit.

The same players who might have instigated the short term signing themselves with a view to using us as a stepping stone. Thats fine by me and do the same next time. As long as they are successful the team will most likely be the same. The other side of the coin is they may see a bigger potential to actually staying at a successful club and extend their contracts.
Add to the above that if they dont cut it we are not saddled with high earning duds like Hart or De Graff have worked out to be.
I ain't missing this shorter term deal thing.
We will find out over the next month or so how its shaping up. Time will tell. Time he needs to be afforded.

HFC 0-7
29-08-2011, 05:45 PM
The same players who might have instigated the short term signing themselves with a view to using us as a stepping stone. Thats fine by me and do the same next time. As long as they are successful the team will most likely be the same. The other side of the coin is they may see a bigger potential to actually staying at a successful club and extend their contracts.
Add to the above that if they dont cut it we are not saddled with high earning duds like Hart or De Graff have worked out to be.
I ain't missing this shorter term deal thing.
We will find out over the next month or so how its shaping up. Time will tell. Time he needs to be afforded.

You said in a previous post we should give him a season, now you are saying a month or so?

greenlex
29-08-2011, 05:51 PM
You said in a previous post we should give him a season, now you are saying a month or so?

I have said repeatedly he should be given till the end of the season unless we are cut adrift at the bottom at the next window. So many times that I am now actually bored typing it. I still firmly believe that. We can still see how its shaping up in a month or so cant we?:confused:

HFC 0-7
29-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I have said repeatedly he should be given till the end of the season unless we are cut adrift at the bottom at the next window. So many times that I am now actually bored typing it. I still firmly believe that. We can still see how its shaping up in a month or so cant we?:confused:

Thats a bit contradictory though. You will give him until the end of the season, but will see how we are doing in a month or so and also suring the next transfer window!

I said I would give him a month or so in various other threads, I wouldnt say that I would give him a season if I was going to evaluate him in a month or half way through the season!

SanFranHibs
29-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Fixed that for you T :greengrin

:greengrin

Why did I not think of that? Oh, of course.....I never moan ! :wink: Not even on Moandays, which if Hibs played all games on Sundays would be the first day of the week for us !

Anyhow, I have to go and have a nap. I just watched a second game this week and it really has tired me out. Only Berwick and Hearts fans have the fitness to watch two games in one week.

So glad there is an international break coming up !!