PDA

View Full Version : Worst team in living memory?

thebausburst
28-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Leaving the appalling stats behind, as someone who has watched Hibs for 30yrs, this is the most boring useless bunch I can remember. Seriously even when Hibs were murder under the likes of Duffy and Miller there were still guys worth paying to see (Chic Charnley, Steve Archibald etc), who on earth in THIS team can you say that about? I've been to a few games this season and they're all the same - BORING and end predictably in Hibs losing. There should have been a marquee signing to bring the fans in and inject a much needed entertainment (thats what this is supposed to be after all an entertainment industry!!) such as a Sauzee, someone maybe in the twilight of their career but who would put bums on seats, instead we've but the predictable bunch of journeymen from down south - lets face it we don't have a great record of inspiring signings from the English lower leagues go we?

JustSimplyHibs
28-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Leaving the appalling stats behind, as someone who has watched Hibs for 30yrs, this is the most boring useless bunch I can remember. Seriously even when Hibs were murder under the likes of Duffy and Miller there were still guys worth paying to see (Chic Charnley, Steve Archibald etc), who on earth in THIS team can you say that about? I've been to a few games this season and they're all the same - BORING and end predictably in Hibs losing. There should have been a marquee signing to bring the fans in and inject a much needed entertainment (thats what this is supposed to be after all an entertainment industry!!) such as a Sauzee, someone maybe in the twilight of their career but who would put bums on seats, instead we've but the predictable bunch of journeymen from down south - lets face it we don't have a great record of inspiring signings from the English lower leagues go we?

Nah mate its a results industry....u want entertainment watch the TV

thebausburst
28-08-2011, 06:38 PM
But we're not getting either, christ £30 to watch Celtic at home and we never had a shot at goal, x weeks later and how many did we have today?

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Nah mate its a results industry....u want entertainment watch the TVand we're getting results aye?

are you on something or at the wind up?

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Wondered how long it would take:faf:

I wouldn't say that the likes of O'Connor, Stack, Towell, Scott, Sproule, Booth and Sodje were the worst we've ever had.

thebausburst
28-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Maybe its Blobby in disguise trying out his go to the cinema if you want entertainment line!

DaveF
28-08-2011, 06:43 PM
It's nowhere near the worst Hibs team I've seen - not a chance.

It is however, managed by one of the least inspiring and motivated people the club has had.

(and having watch Alex Miller's era, that's some accolade :greengrin)

thebausburst
28-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Wondered how long it would take:faf:

I wouldn't say that the likes of O'Connor, Stack, Towell, Scott, Sproule, Booth and Sodje were the worst we've ever had.

The worst TEAM, I think there's a fair argument based on the last 10 months, no?

JustSimplyHibs
28-08-2011, 06:45 PM
it's only 5 games gone ffs still over 30 to go and cup.

we have had 1 fit forward for those games, no right back for 4, an experience centre half out for 3.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 06:45 PM
The worst TEAM, I think there's a fair argument based on the last 10 months, no?

No, we have had two different teams within the past ten months.

thebausburst
28-08-2011, 06:46 PM

It is however, managed by one of the least inspiring and motivated people the club has had.

My main point was even previous rank teams had players worth turning up to watch e.g. Best when we were MURDER, Archibald, Collins etc in Millers rank teams, even Chic under Duffy -who is there in this team worth £30 to watch?

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 06:47 PM
No, we have had two different teams within the past ten months.two different teams, same poor manager.

MUPPET
28-08-2011, 06:48 PM
The worst TEAM, I think there's a fair argument based on the last 10 months, no? Sproule is definitely one of the worst footballers we've ever had on our books!

thebausburst
28-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Sproule is definitely one of the worst footballers we've ever had on our books!

Not the same player mate, anyone can see that!

Cropley10
28-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Sproule is definitely one of the worst footballers we've ever had on our books!

If his name was Ivan O'Brien folk would be raging. I was surprised how little support he gave Spoon on Tuesday.

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 06:51 PM

(and having watch Alex Miller's era, that's some accolade :greengrin):agree:

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Probably not the worst lot of players we have had but they must be one of the most disorganised and disjointed sides I`ve seen. And by the way, Millers team would wipe the floor with this lot.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 06:53 PM
two different teams, same poor manager.

Perhaps, but to suggest that we've got the worst team in living memory, based on the pish poor results and performances of virtually two different teams is a bit daft IMO - especially since we've had four players join the club in the past two weeks.

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Perhaps, but to suggest that we've got the worst team in living memory, based on the pish poor results and performances of virtually two different teams is a bit daft IMO - especially since we've had four players join the club in the past two weeks.I agree, I dinnae think the team is the problem. It's not near the worst I've seen.

Horse
28-08-2011, 07:03 PM
In a word No! We are a team that has just been put together. We got rid of a huge amount of deadwood and have brought in players who are of a better standard who will come good given time. It's horrible getting beaten by the filth but looking at the bigger picture I think we a are slowly but surely heading in the right direction. I think the main reason for our recent poor form is the lack of stability caused by changing manager so frequently. Give CC a chance cos if we don't then we'll continue in this spiral of mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

hibeedonald
28-08-2011, 07:06 PM
"Worst Hibs team" in so many years. Seen it so many times on this forum since Mixu took over. We are awful, but not the worst.

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2011, 07:12 PM
In a word No! We are a team that has just been put together. We got rid of a huge amount of deadwood and have brought in players who are of a better standard who will come good given time. It's horrible getting beaten by the filth but looking at the bigger picture I think we a are slowly but surely heading in the right direction. I think the main reason for our recent poor form is the lack of stability caused by changing manager so frequently. Give CC a chance cos if we don't then we'll continue in this spiral of mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Don`t agree. We have just replaced our deadwood with someone else`s.

Greenblood70
28-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Probably not the worst lot of players we have had but they must be one of the most disorganised and disjointed sides I`ve seen. And by the way, Millers team would wipe the floor with this lot.

Yep, I'd agree with you there. Miller's teams while no world beaters at least usually worked for each other. I see no redeeming qualities in Calderwood's teams so far. Every dept of the team since his arrival fails to function properly from our inexperienced defence devoid of confidence and the ability to defend set peices, thru a pedestrian midfield with Thornhill, the cowardly lion, mystifyingly picked regardless of form, to our forwards where O'connor is isolated and left to try and work a miracle on his own.

We've had worse players, but as an eleven and a so called team the current bunch are well shy of piss poor.

crash
28-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Not sure if this is the worst ever team, however and more importantly we are the worst team in the SPL.

steakbake
28-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Totally OTT. We have had far worse players. Far far worse.

The problem as I see it: no direction, no leadership on the pitch.

Monkey Harris
28-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Nah mate its a results industry....u want entertainment watch the TV Blobby, is that you Mr Williamson????????

keep the faith
28-08-2011, 07:29 PM

:agree: This.

midlothianhibby
28-08-2011, 07:45 PM
I don't know if we have the worst team in 30 years but what I do know is that today's team played the same way as the vast majority of Hibs teams have played at Tynecastle during the past 30 years.

Giving an average team lots of time in possession, giving the ball away the minute we are put under any pressure ourselves, making simple errors to gift them goals and all in all, putting in a completely pi$$ poor performance.

I have been watching Hibs for well over 30 years but the past 3 seasons or so have definitely been amongst the worst. Maybe it's because of the quality of the players we had under Mowbray and the feel good factor that existed, but that has well and truly been lost and unfortunately, despite changing pretty much all of the personnel, we seem to have had the same old problems during the past 3 seasons or so.

I'm hurting like mad after yet another Derby day defeat and although this may not be the worst Hibs team I've seen in the past 30 years, they need to start picking up results or they will become only the second team to be relegated in 30 years.

tamig
28-08-2011, 07:49 PM
No, we have had two different teams within the past ten months.

Absolutely. Calderwood has had a huge rebuilding job and he has only just got his own men in. I like the look of a lot of the new signings and I'm sure things will improve hugely over the next few months. This bunch of players will not have us at bottm of the league for long. Mass hysteria on here today. :bitchy: