PDA

View Full Version : Are we qualified to judge the manager ???

Tranent Hibby
28-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I would suggest not however I would argue we are qualified to judge the club and the board.
This constant changing of managers cannot produce long term stability for the club. I honestly believe we had the opportunity to stabilise the club with the appointments of ether JC or Mixu, I also believe we had enough passion and integrity in the club when we installed Yogi and given time any one of these three would have produced long term results for us.

It cannot be ignored that CC never applied for the job he was headhunted by RP a disaster waiting to happen.

We as Hibbys have to acknowledge our role in baying for the managers heed as Rod seems to follow when we howl however enough is enough. We must employ a manager for the long term rather than transfer window to transer window fixes we seem to be looking at now.

And if you want mames here goes -
Ricky Spragia
Derek McInnes
Danny Lennon
John Hughes
John Collins
John McGlynn

And ther may a hundred other names the point I am making is our board are culpable in making the wrong decisions over the past number of years probably because RP has loads o cash locked into the Hibees but its dragging us down.

GGTTH

ancient hibee
28-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I would suggest not however I would argue we are qualified to judge the club and the board.
This constant changing of managers cannot produce long term stability for the club. I honestly believe we had the opportunity to stabilise the club with the appointments of ether JC or Mixu, I also believe we had enough passion and integrity in the club when we installed Yogi and given time any one of these three would have produced long term results for us.

It cannot be ignored that CC never applied for the job he was headhunted by RP a disaster waiting to happen.

We as Hibbys have to acknowledge our role in baying for the managers heed as Rod seems to follow when we howl however enough is enough. We must employ a manager for the long term rather than transfer window to transer window fixes we seem to be looking at now.

And if you want mames here goes -
Ricky Spragia
Derek McInnes
Danny Lennon
John Hughes
John Collins
John McGlynn

And ther may a hundred other names the point I am making is our board are culpable in making the wrong decisions over the past number of years probably because RP has loads o cash locked into the Hibees but its dragging us down.

GGTTH

So the board are guilty of bringing in the wrong managers-two of whom you list for the job?

The Falcon
28-08-2011, 06:17 PM
So the board are guilty of bringing in the wrong managers-two of whom you list for the job?

Its going to be that kind of night I think. :agree:

Tranent Hibby
28-08-2011, 06:19 PM
My point is if you employ someone you must stand by the appointment. It cannot be right you then empty a manager and absolve yourself of blame because it didnt work, for the record given time Yogi. JC and Mixu I beleive would have produced stability to the club (but thats my opinion) .
Its time for the board to accept responsibility for the hiring and firing policy that is not working at our club.

truehibernian
28-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I played football and scored at Easter Road......sadly not for my beloved cabbage !

Every pundit, ex pro, current pro sees the failing of the side. No experience at the back, no creativity in midfield. Doesn't even need an inquest.........its plain to see for any neutral. Calderwood today proved to me he was inept on derby day.

Bostonhibby
28-08-2011, 06:26 PM
I feel eminently qualified to judge if a manager is a bad one, I have seen so many that I have a feel for what it looks like to have one.

I am still with Calderwood for a bit yet :duck: