PDA

View Full Version : Spitting on players and staff

frazeHFC
28-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Today i saw 2 black guys in the Hearts end to our right spitting on Richie Towell, which disgusted me and some others and the stewards spoke to them but that was it.

Then some of our fans lowered themselves to their level. If you are reading this and you are one of the people who was spitting on the Hearts physio as he walked past, then you disgust me. He is a physio for crying out loud. Spitting on a player is bad enough, Hammill etc wound us up and spitting on them is bad enough, but to spit on the physio.......what is the point?

Big Frank
28-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Today i saw 2 black guys in the Hearts end to our right spitting on Richie Towell, which disgusted me and some others and the stewards spoke to them but that was it.

Then some of our fans lowered themselves to their level. If you are reading this and you are one of the people who was spitting on the Hearts physio as he walked past, then you disgust me. He is a physio for crying out loud. Spitting on a player is bad enough, Hammill etc wound us up and spitting on them is bad enough, but to spit on the physio.......what is the point?

write to your MP or something

.Sean.
28-08-2011, 06:20 PM
The same black guy who was saluting like a Nazi all game? Shame Towell never gobbed back at him.

hibees707070
28-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Never seen anyone spit at the physio plenty abuse but no spitting!

LancashireHibby
28-08-2011, 06:39 PM
The same black guy who was saluting like a Nazi all game?

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. His irony detector must have exploded.

Pringle
28-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Why did you feel it was important to define his race just because he was black?

stokesmessiah
28-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Eh to highlight the irony :rolleyes:

Wouldnt be very ironic if they said "a man" was spitting on the physio.

Pringle
28-08-2011, 07:16 PM
So it's ironic if a black man does it?

frazeHFC
28-08-2011, 07:17 PM

So others will know who i mean. Not racist, just a way of others identifying him.

Never seen anyone spit at the physio plenty abuse but no spitting!

I quite clearly saw it.

LancashireHibby
28-08-2011, 07:19 PM
So it's ironic if a black man does it?

When doing Nazi salutes, yes.

McSwanky
28-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Why did you feel it was important to define his race just because he was black? You wouldn't have pulled him up if he'd said he'd seen a dark haired guy doing it, would you? Stop looking for racism where it doesn't exist.

Austinho
28-08-2011, 07:21 PM
So it's ironic if a black man does it?I'm sure he can speak for himself, but I think he may have got mixed up and meant to refer to the nazi salute, rather than the spitting incident. If that is the case, of course it is ironic to see a black man doing a nazi salute.

Besides, your original post was aimed at the original poster – in a crowd of 17,000 mainly Scottish fans, I would say describing them as 'black' would be a pretty good way of distinguishing them – so get off your bloody high horse.

frazeHFC
28-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm sure he can speak for himself, but I think he may have got mixed up and meant to refer to the nazi salute, rather than the spitting incident. If that is the case, of course it is ironic to see a black man doing a nazi salute.

Besides, your original post was aimed at the original poster – in a crowd of 17,000 mainly Scottish fans, I would say describing them as 'black' would be a pretty good way of distinguishing them – so get off your bloody high horse.

No i never saw that, i was referring to them spitting.

Austinho
28-08-2011, 07:28 PM
No i never saw that, i was referring to them spitting.I wasn't referring to you in my first paragraph, I was referring to this post:

Eh to highlight the irony :rolleyes:

Wouldnt be very ironic if they said "a man" was spitting on the physio.

Gala Foxes
28-08-2011, 07:29 PM
there should be no place at Easter Road for the morons in our support that were throwing coins at Kello when he was down

NOLA
28-08-2011, 07:49 PM
there should be no place at Easter Road for the morons in our support that were throwing coins at Kello when he was down
every club has its fair share of morons supporting them, we have some, so what, it's not a new thing is it.

Gala Foxes
28-08-2011, 07:50 PM
every club has its fair share of morons supporting them, we have some, so what, it's not a new thing is it.

As Terry Hall & The Specials sang "It doesn't make it alright"

147lothian
28-08-2011, 08:01 PM
why not define his race its a defining feature is it not? God i hate these pc people,

down-the-slope
28-08-2011, 08:10 PM
can I add that I found it sad that fans of our club were wrecking the toilets before the game had even started...pathetic as human beings and daft on account of Hibs getting the bill to fix the damage...

lucky
28-08-2011, 08:17 PM

I report it to the police. I've to report to my local station tomorrow to give a statement. If you stay in lothian do like wise. That sort of behavior is unacceptable

Sir David Gray
28-08-2011, 08:18 PM

I'm quite sure that if I was to go to a football game in Zimbabwe and do something that was out of order, I would be described as "a white guy".

In fact, if I was to go to a football match here and do something out of order, I would expect to be described as "a guy in a wheelchair".

When you're trying to pick someone out of a crowd, it's completely natural to highlight a feature that makes them stand out from the majority of the crowd.

It's absolutely not racist to describe this person as "black" when I'm quite sure that 99.9% of the people who were inside Tynecastle today would have been white.

I can't believe anyone would imply that it was racist but it's a sign of the times, I suppose.

Anyway, I agree with the OP. Spitting on someone is one of the most disgusting things I can ever imagine. Hopefully these people can be identified, arrested and charged.

Jonnyboy
28-08-2011, 09:47 PM

Well they were black. Maybe the OP should have said he saw two non whites spitting - just to save your sensitive wee soul likes

Dunbar Hibee
29-08-2011, 12:23 AM
The same black guy who was saluting like a Nazi all game? Shame Towell never gobbed back at him.

Shame Towell never dragged the **** out the stand and kicked his **** in.

Moulin Yarns
29-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Well they were black. Maybe the OP should have said he saw two non whites spitting - just to save your sensitive wee soul likes

I went to see Jackie Kay at the book festival (birth mother was Scottish and birth Father Nigerian) and she doesn't like the labelling 'Black' or 'white'.

In Scotland she is described as black, and in Nigeria she is described as white. Someone in the audience asked how she would prefer to be described, and someone else suggested, as she was Scottish mixed race perhaps 'a half and a half' was the best description. She loved it :greengrin

SaudiHibby
29-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Actually they were brown. Sorry to be a pedant.:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
29-08-2011, 09:31 AM

People who imply folk are being racist when there's clearly no intention there are as bad as racists themselves. Don't be an idiot.

smurf
29-08-2011, 09:42 AM

See Hibs may well be awful but this is a reminder of the PC nonsense in the real world.

frazeHFC
29-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Actually they were brown. Sorry to be a pedant.:wink: True, they were.

stokesmessiah
29-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I wasn't referring to you in my first paragraph, I was referring to this post:

My apologies, i just read it over again and it was a typo. I meant to highlight the irony of him doing a nazi salute and not spitting.

Diclonius
29-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I was in the front row, and yhe two guys either side of me were screaming racist, homophobic, basically anything you can think of kinda abuse the minute a Hearts player got anywhere near them. Obua was immediately singled out despite us having a few black players on our team.

In addition, the minute any vaguely Eastern European looking member of the Hearts staff came near us he was told to "**** OFF BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY", "LITHUANIAN POOF" etc. Being part Polish this was pretty insulting to me but I don't think these people either have the common sense to realise or care.

I really don't get why going radge at the opposition when you're losing is gratifying in any way - it's exactly what the Hearts fans and players want to see and it means they've "won" the psychological battle. Plus some of the abuse was nothing short of sickening.

flash
29-08-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't care about Hertz. What does bother me is the vile almost feral element within our support. Spitting, throwing missiles, barely able to stand through drink, wrecking toilets............etc.

It seems to be particularly prevalent at Tynecastle and it's not pretty. How anyone is supposed to take their kids along there is beyond me. If you are at the front you are liable to get sconned by a missile from a fellow Hibby. If you are in front of a drunk he might land on you at any minute.

It's bad enough that we are awful without taking your safety and health in your hands just to watch a fitba match.

Aldo
29-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I was in the front row, and yhe two guys either side of me were screaming racist, homophobic, basically anything you can think of kinda abuse the minute a Hearts player got anywhere near them. Obua was immediately singled out despite us having a few black players on our team.

In addition, the minute any vaguely Eastern European looking member of the Hearts staff came near us he was told to "**** OFF BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY", "LITHUANIAN POOF" etc. Being part Polish this was pretty insulting to me but I don't think these people either have the common sense to realise or care.

I really don't get why going radge at the opposition when you're losing is gratifying in any way - it's exactly what the Hearts fans and players want to see and it means they've "won" the psychological battle. Plus some of the abuse was nothing short of sickening.

Totally and utter unacceptable IMHO. Take their seat numbers and report them...as for spitting at players.....thats just as bad.

Bring the club to a new level if you ask me....is it a wonder why folk are staying away.....

frazeHFC
29-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I even saw a Hibee who looked mid teens, and was in the third row, try to spit at the Hearts physio but it went all over the guys infront of him.

Hibs_SW
29-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Its absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. We are all angry that our team are being beat and just aint getting any better but come on pull yourself together. On a different level i was walking back to my car after the match with my 8 year old nephew when i got to the lights at the roseburn and heard someone behind me say something along the lines of "is that hearts fans" and just as i turned round there was a young boy probs about 17 or so seemed to be in my face looking when quite clearly my nephew was wearing a hibs rain jacket and i had my scarf.....He seemed very apologetic and walked away with his friends when i responded to him asking what he was all about?? Your own support and they are making comments like that the thing that makes me wonder is what was he planning on doing to a 24 year old female and her 8 year old nephew!? absolute pillock! People like that should just stay away causing bother dont solve anything on the pitch! Its just embarassing!

Gala Foxes
29-08-2011, 08:39 PM
problem with Tynecastle & Ibrox is that with it being all-ticket and you unluckily end up sitting with one of our undesirable element you are stuck with it - at least at Tannadice, Fir Park, Rugby Park etc you can move away

healfyhibee
30-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Wow! These stories are disgusting. I was thinking of bringing my son up to a derby game at some point but i dinny think I'll bother. I took him to see a couple of Brighton games last season and there was nothing like that everyone left at the same time and chatted with traveling fans. Obviously there will be a few more heated games this season as Brighton meet up with their rivals in the championship like crystal palace and Cardiff but I still dinny think there will be any racist abuse or spitting on players and physios. Rancid behaviour.

WellingtonHibby
30-08-2011, 09:10 AM
When doing Nazi salutes, yes. i only ever spit ironically. ....There seems to be those of the alanis morisette school of irony on here..

lEXO
30-08-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't care about Hertz. What does bother me is the vile almost feral element within our support. Spitting, throwing missiles, barely able to stand through drink, wrecking toilets............etc.

It seems to be particularly prevalent at Tynecastle and it's not pretty. How anyone is supposed to take their kids along there is beyond me. If you are at the front you are liable to get sconned by a missile from a fellow Hibby. If you are in front of a drunk he might land on you at any minute.

It's bad enough that we are awful without taking your safety and health in your hands just to watch a fitba match.
Agree totally. I havent been to Swiney for 8 years and it was the behaviour of some our fans that stopped me. Smashing seats and toilets, racially abusing a coloured steward who told them they were in the wrong seats and generally behaving like pricks. I pulled the racist guy up and the seat smashers,but i go to games to support my team, not pulling up people for behaving like dicks.

Kojock
30-08-2011, 11:06 AM
can I add that I found it sad that fans of our club were wrecking the toilets before the game had even started...pathetic as human beings and daft on account of Hibs getting the bill to fix the damage...

At half time I was going to the toilet and was told by a steward that the toilets were closed as they had been damaged by Hibs fans. The guy beside me started going crazy at the steward calling him all the names under the sun. I told the guy that the toilets were okay before the game as I was in them so maybe the steward was telling the truth. He just continued ranting and raving saying that the game should not go ahead as it was against health and safety that they toilets were not working.

The next time I saw this guy he was trying to rip the external door off the only working set of toilets WTF :confused:

Should just add that the guy was mid to late thirties so he was old enough to know better.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Was there not scarfs thrown on the pitch too?? :confused:

Elephant Stone
30-08-2011, 11:15 AM
At half time I was going to the toilet and was told by a steward that the toilets were closed as they had been damaged by Hibs fans. The guy beside me started going crazy at the steward calling him all the names under the sun. I told the guy that the toilets were okay before the game as I was in them so maybe the steward was telling the truth. He just continued ranting and raving saying that the game should not go ahead as it was against health and safety that they toilets were not working.

The next time I saw this guy he was trying to rip the external door off the only working set of toilets WTF :confused:

Should just add that the guy was mid to late thirties so he was old enough to know better.

Unbelievable :faf:

Banff
30-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Was there not scarfs thrown on the pitch too?? :confused:

The plot thickens

God Petrie
30-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Someone should throw a train ticket to Birmingham at CC.

Hibernia Na Eir
30-08-2011, 12:35 PM
oh, but the Hearts fans were up to their knees again in the blood of the Fenians ....

LancashireHibby
30-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Someone should throw a train ticket to Birmingham at CC.

Have you seen how much those things cost?!?!

Allant1981
30-08-2011, 01:21 PM
oh, but the Hearts fans were up to their knees again in the blood of the Fenians .... So that makes it ok to spit on folk?

Sir David Gray
30-08-2011, 01:31 PM
oh, but the Hearts fans were up to their knees again in the blood of the Fenians ....

I'm not saying that is correct either but if I had the choice between someone calling me a nasty name and someone spitting all over me, I know which one I would rather be on the receiving end of.

Spitting is such a horrible, disgusting thing to do to another human being. Absolutely filthy.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Have you seen how much those things cost?!?!

Go to the trainline.com then :greengrin

Frazerbob
30-08-2011, 04:11 PM
I was in the gents about 10 minutes into the game and they were a complete bomb site. The cubicle door was in bits, the towel holders were ripped off the wall, a sink was smashed and another full of urine and an electrical box had been ripped off the wall. Whilst I was having my pee, a few stewards and a Hearts official came in to take photos (not of me having a pee thankfully). I was mortified and said so. It really is pathetic. Do these idiots not realise that it's Hibs that pay for the damage. I know it happens in the away end at ER as well but that does not make it OK.

Maybe it's time that Hibs put a few of their own stewards in the toilets. Surely it would cost less than than repairs.

Hibrandenburg
30-08-2011, 04:26 PM
I was in the gents about 10 minutes into the game and they were a complete bomb site. The cubicle door was in bits, the towel holders were ripped off the wall, a sink was smashed and another full of urine and an electrical box had been ripped off the wall. Whilst I was having my pee, a few stewards and a Hearts official came in to take photos (not of me having a pee thankfully). I was mortified and said so. It really is pathetic. Do these idiots not realise that it's Hibs that pay for the damage. I know it happens in the away end at ER as well but that does not make it OK.

Maybe it's time that Hibs put a few of their own stewards in the toilets. Surely it would cost less than than repairs.

Whilst I fully understand and condem this sort of yobbish behaviour, I feel we should leave the public toilet loitering to the Yams.

Banff
30-08-2011, 05:20 PM

At least Petrie will be spending money on something when they pay for the damage! It might even make him realise that fans are absolutely raging..........then again maybe not

Jamesie
30-08-2011, 05:29 PM

You missed the bit about a young female supporter screaming abuse at a certain Hibs player - still possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard in a football stadium :greengrin

down-the-slope
30-08-2011, 05:38 PM
At least Petrie will be spending money on something when they pay for the damage! It might even make him realise that fans are absolutely raging..........then again maybe not

:rolleyes: a demonstration of the level of intelligence being demonstrated by a sizable minority on Sunday. Losing a football match is of little consequence compared to the appaling behaviour of people I do not want to be associated with.

While so much is said about standards of football driving people away, its equally the case that the whole football experience is far less enjoyable due to events like this which are becoming all to common and are also a significant factor in people choosing more pleasent environments to spent their time and money.

The club has done its bit with the stadium / Hibs Kids etc to make it a family environment...but others are intent on otherwise

FranckSuzy
30-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Sadly, it was always going to be thus with a 15.45 k.o. Bad enough when it's early, like usual :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
30-08-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm not racist, I've got a colour TV. :agree:

Sir David Gray
30-08-2011, 08:27 PM

Disgusting.

It would be great if these people could be identified and the bill sent straight to them instead of Hibs.

givescotlandfreedom
30-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Agree totally. I havent been to Swiney for 8 years and it was the behaviour of some our fans that stopped me. Smashing seats and toilets, racially abusing a coloured steward who told them they were in the wrong seats and generally behaving like pricks. I pulled the racist guy up and the seat smashers,but i go to games to support my team, not pulling up people for behaving like dicks.

:agree: Our support at Tynecastle is ridden with idiots who are just as bad as those in the home end.

givescotlandfreedom
30-08-2011, 10:06 PM

On the topic of those kinds of numpties, my favourite was taunting the Jamboids with a tricolour with "SPROULE 17" on the back of his top.