PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths Debut

EasterRoad4Ever
28-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Hopefully not a sign of things to come. He did 2 things in the whole 35 minutes he was on the pitch:

1. a stupid tackle within the first 20 seconds that on another day might have got him a straight red card
2. he actually only touched the ball just ONCE in 35 minutes - picked up a decent pass, cut inside and hit a weak shot at the Yam keeper.

Most of the time he ran about like a little laddie trying to join in an adult match. I was really expecting the guy - coming from a top English club - might be a bit more composed, intelligent and influential in his running and general play. Then again, I was also hoping the same from Osbourne, who looked lost and disinterested throughout the 90 as the game raged on around him.

Sure they will both improve, but very disappointing in both today.

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Pity our HOOOOOF tactics totally took away any chance of getting him into the game :rolleyes:

BoltonHibee
28-08-2011, 05:41 PM
To be fair, the service to him was pretty appalling. No point in hoofing the ball to him

thebausburst
28-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Looks about 50 times better (and faster) than Agogo!!!!!

Twiglet
28-08-2011, 06:19 PM
To be fair, most balls that went forward were high that would have been perfect for Sodje to get on the end of, but he was marked by a much taller player so had little chance of getting them. He did try and get into good positions, so I'm hopeful.

essexhibee
28-08-2011, 06:28 PM
He looked ok in what he did (albeit which was very little).

Miles better than Agogo, felt like he wasn't even on the pitch!! He was dire alongside Osbourne, Sproule, Hanlon to name but a few.

stevensons-fan
28-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Agree with all the above, Leigh didn't stand a chance to properly get involved in the game with the hoofball tactics we resorted too in the second half. He's not going to win headers against Webster & Zaliukas but our team clearly didn't get that concept..

crash
28-08-2011, 06:34 PM
You can buy all the guns you want, but they are useless if you dont have any bullets.

LancashireHibby
28-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Don't think he had a sniff of showing us what he can do. We could have had Pele and Maradona up front today and it would have made zero difference given the lack of service.