PDA

View Full Version : Relegation is on the cards unless we cut out the mistakes...

3pm
28-08-2011, 05:26 PM
...Get someone in who can help us with that. Calderwood doesn't have the ability to mould the team.

They are shiiite as well which makes it worse. Murder.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I remember the arguments against Hughes, get him tae f was the cry, he's clueless no plan B he's ruining these players, we need another manager to manage this team, we have the players we just need a new manager, one who knows what he's doing.

Enter Colin Calderwood. :faf::faf:

3pm
28-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I remember the arguments against Hughes, get him tae f was the cry, he's clueless no plan B he's ruining these players, we need another manager to manage this team, we have the players we just need a new manager, one who knows what he's doing.

Enter Colin Calderwood. :faf::faf:

I'd have emptied Hughes, he was murder. However, we seem to have replaced him with someone worse. How Petrie managed it I'll never know.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I'd have emptied Hughes, he was murder. However, we seem to have replaced him with someone worse. How Petrie managed it I'll never know.

I agree Hughes time was up, again enter Colin Colderwood the man to save us from Yogi's mess. :faf::faf:

Cropley10
28-08-2011, 05:39 PM

A man who's gone and bought a few players who are either not very good or don't know this league. In most cases both.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Can't just keep changing though surely by your logic we'd have been better off with yogi ? What happened to the Leith motto?
I fear that well turn into Aberdeen if we follow this "revolving door" path I really do

Hibernia Na Eir
28-08-2011, 05:45 PM
we'll nab Wegner when he gets the chop shortly :)

Cropley10
28-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Can't just keep changing though surely by your logic we'd have been better off with yogi ? What happened to the Leith motto?
I fear that well turn into Aberdeen if we follow this "revolving door" path I really do

We probably will. Which is still better than getting relegated.

jonty
28-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I agree Hughes time was up, again enter Colin Colderwood the man to save us from Yogi's mess. :faf::faf:

Which he did.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Coaching staff must shoulder some of the blame IMO.

They're the ones who - along with the manager - should be working with the players to iron out these errors every day in training.

3pm
28-08-2011, 05:47 PM

Read it again. Never once implied we should keep Hughes.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Read it again. Never once implied we should keep Hughes.

Ok see post #3

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Relegation fodder for sure, we are murder.

Calderwood is an extremely talended chap - he has managed to make us even worse than we were under Hughes......that is some achievement.

We are rock bottom af a dreadful league.

Effing joke. :grr:

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Which he did.

Yip, came in when we were 8th and saved us last season in 10th. Now we are 12th. Thanks for saving us Colin, its a good job you never failed us. :top marks

jonty
28-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Yip, came in when we were 8th and saved us last season in 10th. Now we are 12th. Thanks for saving us Colin, its a good job you never failed us. :top marks

That was a quick season, wasn't it. 5 games and we're relegated.:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 06:00 PM
That was a quick season, wasn't it. 5 games and we're relegated.:rolleyes:

Again, do we have a different set of rules now with calderwood than we did with hughes?

The Falcon
28-08-2011, 06:00 PM

So you think there is no way this team will improve?

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 06:01 PM

No i dont, we are no better now than we were when he took over.

3pm
28-08-2011, 06:04 PM

I don't.

jonty
28-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Again, do we have a different set of rules now with calderwood than we did with hughes?
Answered on the other thread. Why ask again:confused:

I don't.
Going back to your original post, If the individual errors are cut out, we'll improve.
There are too many youngsters in the squad who need experience and experienced players alongside.

heidtheba
28-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm not a hardcore Hibby anymore so this might go down like a lead balloon but honestly, right now I'd take JJ or Burley. Burley seemed to make a team play with a bit of flair and had an eye for a player, admittedly ones which were bankrolled at a higher level we could afford and JJ could make a team hard to beat. We have neither right now.

Tricla
28-08-2011, 06:10 PM
No i dont, we are no better now than we were when he took over.

He's only just finished bringing in his own team.

Most of the recent additions have played about half a game between them.

You, like many others, have utterly no patience and no grasp of the realism involved in getting a new group of people to perform together.

It's the same in any industry.

Storming

Norming

Performing

I believe we will prevail in time. Have some sense of reality BH.

3pm
28-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Going back to your original post, If the individual errors are cut out, we'll improve.
There are too many youngsters in the squad who need experience and experienced players alongside.

I know Jonty but it happens too often to suggest we can just switch it off.

The Falcon
28-08-2011, 06:13 PM
He's only just finished bringing in his own team.

Most of the recent additions have played about half a game between them.

You, like many others, have utterly no patience and no grasp of the realism involved in getting a new group of people to perform together.

It's the same in any industry.

Storming

Norming

Performing

I believe we will prevail in time. Have some sense of reality BH.

We're still forming.

We wont get relegated.

3pm
28-08-2011, 06:17 PM
We're still forming.

We wont get relegated.

Mate, you're brave to dismiss the possibility!

The Falcon
28-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Mate, you're brave to dismiss the possibility!

We should be doing better than we are but we will get better.

jonty
28-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I know Jonty but it happens too often to suggest we can just switch it off.

:agree: the youngsters have to learn. Experienced players alongside to educate and perhaps time on loan to get match experience.
We've got some experienced players in who need to be the backbone of the team.

Changing the manager, again, only leads to another wasted season. We need to stick by a manager for a couple of full seasons to let them build a team.
It's not football manager we're playing.

Caroline Hibby
28-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Hughes had a lot more time than CC has had. Admittedly he ought to have been emptied before start of last season (would have also meant we'd never have had De G, Hart etc). CC inherited the worst squad I can remember and had to live with it until Jan. He 'managed' to put enough points between us and the rest to stay up - still having to continue with the rubbish he inherited like Miller, Rankin, Dikho, Smith, Thicot, Nish etc until the season was finished. He's putting together his own squad and deserves a chance to show what they can do over a reasonable period of time. That means more than 5 games. I'm bored with a new manager every year and if he was signing dross I'd be more concerned, but if you'd offered me O'Connor, Sproule, Griffiths, Osbourne in May, I'd be happy. Let's see where we are at the half way mark before making judgements.

essexhibee
28-08-2011, 06:27 PM
I fear that we are at the moment just as bad as when we were under hughes. With the players we have we shouldn't be....but we are. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

HFC 0-7
28-08-2011, 06:31 PM
We should be doing better than we are but we will get better.

I dont think we will get relegated but I think we will struggle all season. People keep banging on about letting them gel, why? Waiting for a team to gel doesnt mean that in the meantime the players forget about the basics of football. I said on another thread that We are conceeding heavily and creating little. we also cant keep a hold of the ball. Normally an improving side will see part of this change, whether it be much more possesion but few chances. Lets not forget we will have a lot of new faces again next season as we have about 8 players contracts up half way through or at the end of the season. Will next season be the same again and 'waiting to gel'.

I have seen no real improvement over the last few games and even from last season to suggest that this is just a phase we are going through. We have no direction on the pitch other than lumping it forward, any changes today were for more bodies available up front for the lump forward. We dont seem to react to try and counter act anything the opposition do that hurts us. We have bought players yes, but some of them, IMO are the wrong ones. Back to the OP, relegation is on the cards unless we cut out the mistakes? We wont get relegated but the mistakes arent whats costing us, its the tactics, we dont hold onto the ball, we dont create anything near enough chances and we invite pressure, which in turn leads to goals.

down the slope
28-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Ok then, all who support CC tell me who we will beat in the SPL this season ?.

JustSimplyHibs
28-08-2011, 06:39 PM

Everyone....and we will get to 1 semi and a final

Tricla
28-08-2011, 06:40 PM
We're still forming.

We wont get relegated.

:top marks

Tricla
28-08-2011, 06:42 PM

The opposing team on numerous game days. Duh!

jonty
28-08-2011, 06:45 PM

And at the same time, can we have the winning lottery numbers for euro millions so we can buy out STF

I'm not a staunch CC supporter but I'll back the team and support the club.

Newhaven
28-08-2011, 06:55 PM
And at the same time, can we have the winning lottery numbers for euro millions so we can buy out STF

I'm not a staunch CC supporter but I'll back the team and support the club.

So have many Jonty in the purchase of season tickets and other revenue generators for the club.

And what do we have? A team that is bottom of a rank league with a manager that played us for fools in the summer.

jonty
28-08-2011, 07:07 PM
So have many Jonty in the purchase of season tickets and other revenue generators for the club.

And what do we have? A team that is bottom of a rank league with a manager that played us for fools in the summer.

You had me until the last few words. Has reasoned argument gone without resorting to insults and accusations?
If anyones been played for fools it's the fans by the media -regurgitating the myth and speculation that we accepted as fact.
Yes it's a crap league but it's the only one we've got, so we need to get over it.
Yes we're bottom but we've a game in hand that if we win we're mid-table.
Still not what we expect but hardly the end of the world.

Newhaven
28-08-2011, 08:51 PM
You had me until the last few words. Has reasoned argument gone without resorting to insults and accusations?
If anyones been played for fools it's the fans by the media -regurgitating the myth and speculation that we accepted as fact.
Yes it's a crap league but it's the only one we've got, so we need to get over it.
Yes we're bottom but we've a game in hand that if we win we're mid-table.
Still not what we expect but hardly the end of the world.

Sorry J you've lost me here. Where's the insults/accusations in my post :confused:

Wheat Hound
28-08-2011, 08:56 PM
How many games into last season were we before Yogi was sacked?

Sir David Gray
28-08-2011, 08:59 PM
How many games into last season were we before Yogi was sacked?

Seven league games.

Ten altogether.

jonty
28-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Sorry J you've lost me here. Where's the insults/accusations in my post :confused:
Sorry B - meant the 'playing us for fools' part.
I'm assuming you meant the will he/wont he stay/go that the media kept stoking when it was a quiet news day.

IMO he's done the same during break that any other manager has done - perpare the squad in a ridiculously short amount of time, scouted some players and get some in before the end of the window.

Of course you could mean he's pretending to be a football manager :greengrin

nortonhibby
28-08-2011, 10:11 PM
...Get someone in who can help us with that. Calderwood doesn't have the ability to mould the team.

They are shiiite as well which makes it worse. Murder.

wake up and smell the coffee mate we are the Hibees:flag:

nortonhibby
28-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Seven league games.

Ten altogether.
How many games/years sinces we beat the Yams ?

Sir David Gray
28-08-2011, 11:27 PM
How many games/years sinces we beat the Yams ?

By the time the next derby comes round, it will have been more than two and a half years since our last derby win.

We've failed to win in the last eight derbies. 3 draws and 5 losses since May '09.