PDA

View Full Version : Scarfs thrown on pitch?

just_joe
28-08-2011, 04:51 PM
A Jambo mate says there would be lots thrown onto the pitch from Hibs fans. was he right? i told him there wouldn't be alot. daft question to ask I know but was just curious.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 05:10 PM
A Jambo mate says there would be lots thrown onto the pitch from Hibs fans. was he right? i told him there wouldn't be alot. daft question to ask I know but was just curious.

Who can blame them? They are let down once again, dont know how many did it, but i for one wouldn't blame them at all.

CallumHibs07
28-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Who threw the smoke bomb and flare on the pitch before the match?

Hibernia Na Eir
28-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Who threw the smoke bomb and flare on the pitch before the match? was it from our end? its usually customary that the diet-huns throw the flare at Easter Road. has to be the same person...

Twiglet
28-08-2011, 05:59 PM

There were 2. If that means lots then whoever taught him maths needs to be sacked.

frazeHFC
28-08-2011, 06:02 PM
There was a smoke bomb from our end at the start and then when they scored, on from their end. 2 Hibs scarves and a flag were thrown on the pich.

The Falcon
28-08-2011, 06:04 PM
There were 2. If that means lots then whoever taught him maths needs to be sacked.

Oh well that proves it then. Two scarfs? One would be from the OP and was the other Blackpool Hibs?

just_joe
28-08-2011, 06:06 PM

he said there WOULD be lots. We were talking about it before the game. thanks anyway.

hibsbollah
28-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Two scarves, on the side away from the bus shelter. NOT lots.

Twiglet
28-08-2011, 06:12 PM
he said there WOULD be lots. We were talking about it before the game. thanks anyway.

Oops, sorry. Note to self, read posts properly before replying. :greengrin

FastEddieFelson
28-08-2011, 06:13 PM
One green smokebomb from the roseburn, two red flares from the main stand. Thought it all looked pretty cool, to be honest.

There were a few Hibs scarves thrown, not loads. Didn't show my disappointment like that myself, but can understand why someone would.

scoopyboy
28-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Who can blame them? They are let down once again, dont know how many did it, but i for one wouldn't blame them at all.

Well I would f****** blame them, if they don't want to watch the team without resorting to that simply stay out the road.

And you are no better for condoning their actions.

Hibs Class
28-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Well I would f****** blame them, if they don't want to watch the team without resorting to that simply stay out the road.

:agree: That kind of behaviour only adds to the enjoyment of their support - if our fans were that disgusted they should have just done what the yams did in the Spurs game and left quietly at half time.

Monkey Harris
28-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Wouldnae do it myself, especially in front of the inbreed gorgie fuds. But we need to send a message to the board next home game, cos bitching on the internet or moaning in the pub will get us no where. Calderwood MUST GO!!!!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 06:51 PM

A slight over-reaction scoopy ?

Fans let down YET AGAIN by the players and manager and some of them throw their scarfs on the pitch. Big f***ing deal, I don't blame them either - football is an emotive game. The players, manager and board need to know how much this is hurting us. These goons should be ashamed to show their faces in public.

scoopyboy
28-08-2011, 06:58 PM
A slight over-reaction scoopy ?

Fans let down YET AGAIN by the players and manager and some of them throw their scarfs on the pitch. Big f***ing deal, I don't blame them either - football is an emotive game. The players, manager and board need to know how much this is hurting us. These goons should be ashamed to show their faces in public.

I don't feel its an over reaction at all.

I have seen it in the past and have seen the guys who have done it getting a slap from other Hibs fans for doing it.

I don't like to see Hibs fans at each others throats and to me throwing your scarf on the pitch in my book is a terrible thing to do, to me its like washing your hands of the club.

It's maybe a sign of the times or me just getting old but some Hibs fans annoy me more than opposition fans do.

The Falcon
28-08-2011, 07:00 PM

I have seen it in the past and have seen the guys who have done it getting a slap from other Hibs fans for doing it.

I don't like to see Hibs fans at each others throats and to me throwing your scarf on the pitch in my book is a terrible thing to do, to me its like washing your hands of the club.

It's maybe a sign of the times or me just getting old but some Hibs fans annoy me more than opposition fans do.

:agree:

Hibeesb0unc3
28-08-2011, 07:03 PM

Well what do you want them to do? They went out to tincastle to support their team and showed their displeasure by throwing their scarves after being let down again by another piss poor performance who cares. Or would you rather they clapped and sang at FT as if nothing was wrong with the club?

Shrekko
28-08-2011, 07:03 PM

Nah you're bang on- it's a ridiculous thing to do and disrespectful to the club itself. If folk want to react strongly they'd be as well having a go at the players who are letting down the club. I mean exactly what does scarf throwing mean?

If a player throws his jersey down you never hear the last of it.

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 07:05 PM

Don't get me wrong, I understand your sentiment :agree:

However I don't blame the fans for being raging today. We are a laughing stock, Hearts have us in their pockets and we are rock bottom of an absoloutely dreadul SPL.

DISGRACE.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 07:11 PM
The only time I've ever thrown one of my scarves away was at THAT 4 - 0 semifinal; and it was towards a fat baldy guy in the yam end who'd been winding us up all game.

If I could turn back time and relive that moment then I wouldn't have done it but, I was a daft wee boy who'd just had his heart broken.

For those of you who did the same today I understand your frustration - poor show though.

scoopyboy
28-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Well what do you want them to do? They went out to tincastle to support their team and showed their displeasure by throwing their scarves after being let down again by another piss poor performance who cares. Or would you rather they clapped and sang at FT as if nothing was wrong with the club?

Aye, you are right enough.

Its the way ahead.

greenlex
28-08-2011, 07:33 PM
In a word Yes.

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 07:37 PM
In a word Yes.

The players need to give the fans something to sing about surely ?!?!?

If throwing scarfs on the pitch lets the players, manager and board how really sickened some us feel then all the better.

As stated before, these goons should be ashamed to show their faces in public.

P.S An added bonus is the extra revenue that will be generated in the Hibs Shop - think about all the new scarfs that will be purchased ?!? :greengrin

BigKev
28-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Shocking display and quite rightly supporters were disgruntled. If throwing a scarf on the pitch lets the players know how much they've let us down again then fair do's. I doubt it does but anyone happy with that performance today needs their head examined. It was awful. The least of our problems are guys throwing scarfs on the park.

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Shocking display and quite rightly supporters were disgruntled. If throwing a scarf on the pitch lets the players know how much they've let us down again then fair do's. I doubt it does but anyone happy with that performance today needs their head examined. It was awful. The least of our problems are guys throwing scarfs on the park.

:agree:

Jonnyboy
28-08-2011, 09:05 PM
With Scoopy on this one. Aye folk were ticked off but why didn't they just up and leave? Throwing your scarf on the pitch is both childish and disrespectful IMO

frazeHFC
28-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Leigh Griffiths looked shocked, almost angry, when a scarf landed beside him and Hammil as they walked away from the goals.

down-the-slope
28-08-2011, 09:16 PM

Its a sign of 'supporters' who rarely grace ER and can hardly name the players but shout abuse if its not anything other than a win.....

The Harp
28-08-2011, 09:25 PM

With you on this one. IMO throwing your scarf is a pathetic, empty gesture and disrespectful to the club. The same club that a hell of a lot of us got behind when threatened by closure and, against all the odds, we won through. None of us would've contemplated throwing a scarf away then.

whiskyhibby
28-08-2011, 09:48 PM

WTF is the point of this thread..........

Other than Jambo wind up..,,,,,

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.926822,-3.321547