Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP
28-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Not good enough.

Plenty good enough

Just needs to learn

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Not good enough.Rubbish (your post no him)

Ozyhibby
28-08-2011, 04:41 PM
No probs, rest him till next season.

Bostonhibby
28-08-2011, 04:58 PM
The guy is 20 years old FFS. Do you real think that giving him pelters is going to help him in any way. The fact is Calderwood has had to rely too heavily on him and he's feeling it big time.

:agree: How I feel about it too, but we just cant afford the luxury at the minute, we need good experience to help carry him and Hanlon through but to be honest today it was only a question of when the Yams would force an error from one or both with their direct style, poor defending is costing us, simple as that.

roondheid
28-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Good enough for sure, but not at left back. Left midfield is his position.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Glad to see that most are talking utter pish as per usual.

Dirkster23
28-08-2011, 05:11 PM

Good enough player but not strong enough to play LB as you say. In an ideal world we'd have another LB and could push Booth into midfield.

essexhibee
28-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Absolute tosh.

Talking of someone that is not good enough.....Paul Hanlon. Absolutely honking in every derby I've ever seen him play....absolutely ****.

col02
28-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Good enough player but not strong enough to play LB as you say. In an ideal world we'd have another LB and could push Booth into midfield.

I fully agree with this as teams are now targeting the left back area as our weakest defensive area. I feel that Booth if he carries on being played at left back will become very similiar to Wotherspoon in going backwards in his development.

YetholmHibee
28-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Found out today - big style! . . . defo!
It's not the first time either . . . . Killie game!

OMG - Did Yogi know this!

YetholmHibee
28-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Absolute tosh.

Talking of someone that is not good enough.....Paul Hanlon. Absolutely honking in every derby I've ever seen him play....absolutely ****.

Agree :agree:

But he was never a defender as a youth player . . . . . so who's fault is it (?)

AlbertK86
28-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Absolute tosh.

Honking every week just now never mind the derby.

I've been saying on these threads for weeks about both Hanlon and Booth needing a rest.

Both of them haven't learned from previous weeks and keep turning into people and losing the ball in dangerous areas.

Also been saying Booth should be left midfield as he gets caught out so many times when the diagonal ball is played between him and Hanlon.

Needs addressed before the window closes.

Cameron1875
28-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Hanlon and Booth are young laddies that should be given time to develop and get more experience but cause the club is in such a mess we expect them to play 38 league games and have the consistency of senior pro's. That aint gonna happen.

Ozyhibby
28-08-2011, 06:14 PM
So although I am a fud/idiot etc you all think he should be dropped?

Cameron1875
28-08-2011, 06:17 PM

Who for mate? We have no other defenders so there is no one pushing people for a game.

HFC 0-7
28-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Calum Booth is young and with all the pressure he must have been under with fans expecations it must be getting to him. Couple of mistakes recently will have dented confidence. If the errors he made towards the end of the match resulted in a goal then he could be effected big time and never recover. He should be rested IMO, but who with? No cover in the squad!

He is a good player, I have no doubt about that. He could become a great player if introduced to the game properly at this level, which IMO, at this present time, he isnt.

Albion Hibs
28-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Killie were the first team to identify he was the weakest link in our defence and exposed him all day long, he had a mare against St Mirren and then again today. I am not up for this "resting" chat, he needs dropped, or perhaps moved to left mid where he will not be that exposed.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2011, 07:06 PM
He's had a poor run, it's nothing more sinister than that.

We know what he's capable of since he came into the side in January and he's highly rated by a lot of people in the game. Ideally we wouldn't be relying on youngsters his age every single week but he's all we've got at left back.

Believe me, we have bigger problems right now than Callum Booth.

A lot bigger.

Forthview
28-08-2011, 07:06 PM
I thought he was exposed because he was getting no help from left midfield, whoever was playing there I don't know.
Towel was getting good support from Ivan and we pretty much closed down that side of the pitch. I believe.

caithnesshibee
28-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Utter crap, fair enough he has made a couple off mistakes but he is learning his trade, maybe just me but for the first goal im convinced it was a foul on CB.

greenlex
28-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Plenty good enough

Just needs to learn
:agree: He needs to know when to stand his ground instead of being turned round like a corkscrew by players that are average at best. Thats the Killie winger and know some hearts no mark that has made him look poor. Had a good first half but like the rest of them faded second.
He will go on to become a top defender. He is just a kid FFS.

MrRobot
28-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Not good enough.

Booth is a quality player.

Better than most tbe **** who get on the pitch. Has talent and actuslly cares. We need a 3-5-2 with him and towell as full backs and 3 no nonsense full backs.

whiskyhibby
28-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Not good enough.

Talking out of yer Erse IMHO

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.944688,-3.223702

MrRobot
28-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Talking out of yer Erse IMHO

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.944688,-3.223702

This. And not just your opinion, fact.

lucky
28-08-2011, 10:00 PM
He is very good player. But had made a few mistakes this season. He has no support from.the left midfield all season. He will come good again.

NOLA
28-08-2011, 10:06 PM
the absence of a reserve league is damaging our young players who are in the first team at the moment. they are being asked to perform to the best of their abilities week in week out, and when they make a mistake it's costing the team as a whole, but there is no other choice but to keep playing them as we have no real cover for them, it's sink or swim time and i feel it's damaging them mentally.

Westie1875
28-08-2011, 11:45 PM
I like Booth but he made a terrible mistake for the first goal, took far too long to pick his pass allowing the Hearts players to close the space, he did this a few times on Tuesday vs Berwick too and clearly hasn't learnt his lesson.

Dunbar Hibee
29-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Not good enough.

Get a ****in grip of yourself please mate.

Dunbar Hibee
29-08-2011, 12:28 AM
He's had a poor run, it's nothing more sinister than that.

We know what he's capable of since he came into the side in January and he's highly rated by a lot of people in the game. Ideally we wouldn't be relying on youngsters his age every single week but he's all we've got at left back.

Believe me, we have bigger problems right now than Callum Booth.

A lot bigger.

OUR BEST ****ING PLAYER. PROBLEMS :faf:

HibeeSince85
29-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Hanlon and Booth are young laddies that should be given time to develop and get more experience but cause the club is in such a mess we expect them to play 38 league games and have the consistency of senior pro's. That aint gonna happen.

Paul Hanlon is experienced, played in the first team as a regular for the past 2' years, has captained Hibs.

Bayern Bru
29-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Hearts' two goals came from the left side. They ripped us a new one on the left in the second half, everyone could see this.
IIRC Hanlon has always looked better at left back, than CB, and Booth is a lot better going forward.
Hanlon to left back, Booth to left mid.

Admittedly that then *****s us for a CB with O'Hanlon but we've tried everything else, why not this?

RIP
29-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Our backs are constantly exposed because of a hole where our midfield once was. Hanlon and O'Hanlon were narrow so Booth had the biggest area of the pitch to manage all on his lonesome. Against Killie he was actually covering for 2 centre halves and a right back.

All an attacking team has to do is work a triangle around an exposed full back like Booth. He has no support from left mid. In fact do we even have a left mid?

If my thirteen year old laddie (who is a full back btw) can see that why can't the rest of us

Maybe Calderwood and Ozyhibby should get a room :bye:

Duffys13
29-08-2011, 07:56 AM
I fully agree with this as teams are now targeting the left back area as our weakest defensive area. I feel that Booth if he carries on being played at left back will become very similiar to Wotherspoon in going backwards in his development.

Hearts tried everyhting down their left, our right for the first 30 mins. Think everyone needs to give the laddie a bit time, threads like this are absolute nonsense.

Twa Cairpets
29-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Not good enough.

The problem with crassly stupid posts like this are that they seeem to suggest that no player is ever allowed to make a mistake in a game or suffer a dip in form without being hoinded for being rubbish.

Booth is quite clearly a very good player, and will continue to get better as he gains exeprience.

He will make mistakes, and becausehe is playing as defender some of those mistakes may lead to goals. I dont see GOC being slated by you as not being good enough for his misses yesterday - its the same thing, and I do not see what people like you get out of coming on and starting threads like this.

Unless of course you're a Hearts fan on the wind up/

Saorsa
29-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Hearts tried everyhting down their left, our right for the first 30 mins. Think everyone needs to give the laddie a bit time, threads like this are absolute nonsense.:top marks

Golden Bear
29-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Callum may well be suffering from SPL syndrome. The same mysterious condition that has occasionally struck at both David Wotherspoon and Paul Hanlon.

PISTOL1875
29-08-2011, 05:06 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Tricla
29-08-2011, 05:12 PM

:agree:

Bohemian_Hibee
29-08-2011, 05:16 PM
I can only base my opinions on the last three games. There have been many poor performance but Booth has been the common denominator. The nicest thing I could say about him is that he has been ineffective and poor. I don't know enough about him as a player to say he's better in a different for sure, but one things for sure, he's not a full-back.

PeterboroHibee
29-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Hearts' two goals came from the left side. They ripped us a new one on the left in the second half, everyone could see this.
IIRC Hanlon has always looked better at left back, than CB, and Booth is a lot better going forward.
Hanlon to left back, Booth to left mid.

Admittedly that then *****s us for a CB with O'Hanlon but we've tried everything else, why not this?

I think Hanlons a better CB but he hasnt had a great start to the season. I agree with what you are saying though, Hanlon to LB and Booth to LM would solve alot of our problems. Would hopefully mean Calderwood would bring in a more experienced CB, Booth would no doubt realise his defensive duties more than some of the numpties who were meant to be helping him out in recent weeks, and would also mean he has more license to get forward.

hibernator
29-08-2011, 05:29 PM
His skill is not the thing under scrutiny here, he needs to be more aggressive as well as building some muscle, he has been at fault but only of inexperience he will learn from this, I think this is what Calderwood meant when he mentioned the good experience thing, he will be targeted so he will need help from those around him as well as the fans.

scoopyboy
29-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Absolute tosh.

Did you see the one where we won 1-0 at the PBS?

eastmainsmsh
29-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Never a left back imo .... like to see a left back coming in with Callum moving forward to left mid he is being exposed and his confidence is prob suffering ...He will be a big player for us
:aok: