PDA

View Full Version : Twice the wage bill, twice the possession, twice the chances

Sprouleflyer
28-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Really, what chance do we have?

Lofarl
28-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Loads athletico Madrid beat real loads of times.

Vontz
28-08-2011, 04:48 PM

Other teams with less financial backing than us can go to Tynecastle and come away with results. Remember, that was a very poor Hearts side today. Unfortunately the table doesn't lie. I just hope we sort this out soon or we could end up staying there.

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2011, 04:50 PM

The same chance St Mirren had against us.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-08-2011, 04:57 PM
To think they played at WHL on Thursday and were still streets ahead of us fitness wise even at the end you begin to wonder just WTF is going at ER

I gie up!

MWHIBBIES
28-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Loads athletico Madrid beat real loads of times.Don't think they have beaten then in the league for over 10 years.

Cropley10
28-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Ridiculous OP - have a look at Motherwell FFS

The Falcon
28-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Ridiculous OP - have a look at Motherwell FFS

We should be doing better.

Hainan Hibs
28-08-2011, 05:07 PM
What chance do we have?

Going by this Einstein method we would be a shoe-in for 4th.

But we're 12th. Bottom of the pile. Behind clubs that are miles behind us in terms of budget, but regularly deliver our ***** on a plate.

The Harp
28-08-2011, 05:13 PM

Twice the numpties! :rolleyes:

Geo_1875
28-08-2011, 05:29 PM
What they also have are players who try twice as hard against us than other teams and refs who let them away with twice as much. We'll not beat them often until we try harder against them and refs stop cheating. I won't hold my breath.

edwards
28-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Motivation is the name of the game and I have lost all patience with Calderwood his pre season antics trying to undermine the club having secret meetings with other clubs stuttering through Interviews.
Don't think Calderwood is a motivator.

Taxi for Calderwood

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2011, 05:36 PM
To think they played at WHL on Thursday and were still streets ahead of us fitness wise even at the end you begin to wonder just WTF is going at ER

I gie up!

Calderwood suggested our game against Berwick had an effect today. Unbelievable.

Hibercelona
28-08-2011, 05:37 PM
They don't have better players than us, just because they're on twice/thrice the wages.

Hearts are pretty rank, but at least they can string a few passes together and look more hungry for it.

We can't even get the basics right!

inglisavhibs
28-08-2011, 05:38 PM

well killie have half our wage bill and put 4 past us. every other team in the league bar 3 have lower wage bills but can beat us regularly.

CalgaryHibs
28-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Zero!
Our budget is the problem we cannae pay good wages to better players, and its that simple.

edwards
28-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Well the Scottish game has taken a bit of a battering after the yams got humped by spurs.
Yet today we had how many english players out on the park.

Thornhill who came from Nott's Forrest
Sodje
Agogo
O'Hanlon who came from MK Dons ?
Osbourne.who came from Aston Villa
Pallson who came from Liverpool

We all go on about players not being match fit, the manager has to motivate these players to get the best out of them.

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Calderwood suggested our game against Berwick had an effect today. Unbelievable.

I thought exactly the same when I heard the interview. :agree:

The players need games according to Colin, but the game against 3rd Division Part Time Berwick Rangers was to blame for players "fading" a full FOUR DAYS after the Berwick game ! :confused:

Calderwood is the most unconvincing manager I can remember at Hibs.......cannae believe we actually turned money down for him........only at Hibs ! :faf:

The Voice Of Reason
28-08-2011, 05:58 PM

What a ridiculous post.

We pay higher wages that every team above us apart from The Old Firm and Hearts.

We are currently rock bottom af a dreadful league. I will leave it at that.

steakbake
28-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Zero!
Our budget is the problem we cannae pay good wages to better players, and its that simple.

Not so. Which of the teams above us have splashed money on new players for this season?

Big signings are not happening just now - not just at ER but also elsewhere.

Alfred E Newman
28-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Well the Scottish game has taken a bit of a battering after the yams got humped by spurs.
Yet today we had how many english players out on the park.

Thornhill who came from Nott's Forrest
Sodje
Agogo
O'Hanlon who came from MK Dons ?
Osbourne.who came from Aston Villa
Pallson who came from Liverpool

We all go on about players not being match fit, the manager has to motivate these players to get the best out of them.

You may well have highlighted the problem with that list. Too many second rate imports.

RickyS
28-08-2011, 06:20 PM
well killie have half our wage bill and put 4 past us. every other team in the league bar 3 have lower wage bills but can beat us regularly.

this!

good managers get teams playing and finishing higher than they are expected too. we have the 4th biggest budget but we are 12th...go figure that out

inglisavhibs
28-08-2011, 07:59 PM
this!

good managers get teams playing and finishing higher than they are expected too. we have the 4th biggest budget but we are 12th...go figure that out

I think i can figure it out ok.

greenlex
28-08-2011, 09:18 PM

Yes he did He was being asked about a settled side and the need for it. He wasnt using it as an excuse so its all very believable.
He said we looked like a side with players (the new boys*)were not up to speed lacking match fitness and tempo when we were chasing the game.
*O'Hanlon Towell Ozzy and Agogo all fall into that category. He said that when they were up to speed we would be alright.
If anyone is suggesting that the side today would have fared better without O'Hanlon and Towell are kidding themselves on. Agog and Ozzy maybe for Scott and Palsson but he will live and die by those decisions.

The_Famous_HFC
28-08-2011, 11:57 PM
To think they played at WHL on Thursday and were still streets ahead of us fitness wise even at the end you begin to wonder just WTF is going at ERI gie up! Pretty much a completely different line up from Thursday. Unfortunately, I'd argue out was a weaker line up than the one that faced spurs.

basehibby
29-08-2011, 03:29 AM

If St Mirren can come and win at ER then Hibs winning at Tynie should not be outwith the realms of possibility.

Sprouleflyer
29-08-2011, 07:10 AM
If St Mirren can come and win at ER then Hibs winning at Tynie should not be outwith the realms of possibility.

Pretty much has been since 1875!!!! And for that matter at ER as well!

I never asked about St Mirren and any other teams, only about the difference between Hibs and Hearts as i feel the jump up in quality is far greater when you compare a £9m wage bill against a £4.5m wage bill compared with a £4.5m wage bill against a £2m wage bill.

Look at their bench today, Templeton, Skacel, Jonsson. Sutton and Thouil were not even stripped today, each one would stroll into our first 11..........so really, what chance did we have today? The display confirmed none!!!

I agree with most posters that CC is not the man to take Hibs forward and his record is truly shocking, change is needed but it has to be a change for the better and not just for the sake of it.