PDA

View Full Version : Cheerio Calderwood/ CC must go etc etc etc

magnificent_seven
28-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Get the **** away from my football club.

RIP
28-08-2011, 04:20 PM

To Sydney presumably?

magnificent_seven
28-08-2011, 04:22 PM
To Sydney presumably?

Naw, he can stay away from here too

Stuarty27
28-08-2011, 04:26 PM
The team he has built are horrific!

Get him to

Baader
28-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Getting pretty indefensible now...

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 04:29 PM

I think we should wait and hear from those at the game just how unlucky we have been, and how many chances we have missed. And you have to remember this team Calderwood has assembled need time to gel. As soon as that happens, we will then have a midfield that creates, and a back 4 that is tighter than a ducks arse. Its only a matter of time i'm told.

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Really living up to his nickname today..

4-4-2 for the 1st time all season against a team that play 5 in midfield, playing 3 guys, Osbourne, Thornhill & Agogo that are clearly all not match fit..

No urgency, no discipline, NOWT!

Said before the start of the season why fight to hold on to a manager who's wanting to leave & turn down compensation for who'll we end up sacking come October anyway!

Superb stuff again from Petrie :rolleyes:

RIP
28-08-2011, 04:30 PM
The team he has built are horrific!

Get him to

Nowt wrong with the team mate. Some good talent.

Just tactics, that's all

Jim44
28-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I've wanted to see the back of him from day one but I suspect we're lumbered wiith him for the foreseeable future as Petrie would have to go with him and there's no way he'll fall on his own sword.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Just tactics, that's all

You must watch a different game to me, a defence that cant defend, a midfield that cant defend, and they also have no creation whatsoever.

Garry O'Conner cant do it all on his own, make no mistake we have no tactics apart from hoofball, but this clown has built a team with no bite bollox or brain.

He's a shambles of a manager, who's built a shambles of a team. Get him tae **** now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Im looking forward to Andy74s latest list of stats!

Nakedmanoncrack
28-08-2011, 04:39 PM
You must watch a different game to me, a defence that cant defend, a midfield that cant defend, and they also have no creation whatsoever.

Garry O'Conner cant do it all on his own, make no mistake we have no tactics apart from hoofball, but this clown has built a team with no bite bollox or brain.

He's a shambles of a manager, who's built a shambles of a team. Get him tae **** now.

:agree:

B'Briggs Hibee
28-08-2011, 04:39 PM
And we have to pull out all the stops to get O'neill. It will be difficult due to the fact of Europe but we must try. We are an abysmal team who are only going to get worse under this absolute clown.

madabouthibs
28-08-2011, 04:40 PM
And the replacement is?

mcfly
28-08-2011, 04:41 PM
And we have to pull out all the stops to get O'neill. It will be difficult due to the fact of Europe but we must try. We are an abysmal team who are only going to get worse under this absolute clown.

AYE but who employed him - he's got to go too

NOLA
28-08-2011, 04:42 PM
130 derby wins to our 76, pathetic record, cant see it improving under calderwood, he wont be sacked but he should be:grr:

HUTCHYHIBBY
If we never had a manager it wouldnae be any worse!

Saorsa
Calderwood, yer tea's oot and take Petrie with you :bye:

James70
28-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Why would O'Neill want to make a downward move? Unless someone is still prepared to pay us for CC we are stuck with him.

Monkey Harris
Bottom of the SPL, sack this **** now!!!!!!!

SteveHFC
Sorry your time is up. GTF! :bye:

KiddA
28-08-2011, 04:46 PM
The club needs to change from top to bottom starting with Petrie and his mickey mouse board :agree:

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Do we not have to wait until the team gel, surely its only a matter of time? :rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-08-2011, 04:47 PM
He really hasn't got a clue has he?, as a former defender himself he should be able to see that players like Booth, Hanlon are simply not up to the task, schoolboy defending by them time and time again is really getting me down, and what does he do to remedy it today?, put Griffiths up front and has them pumping aimless high balls to him,

TATA Colin

The Green Goblin
28-08-2011, 04:49 PM
It's all Calderwood then? Him and him alone? Just like it was exclusively all Mixu's, and Collins and Hughes' fault before him? I don't think so. Players and those in charge of the club must also take their share of the blame for this.

Complete overhaul needed- from the very top down.

GG

Latapy1911
28-08-2011, 04:49 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/worlds_worst_boss_mug-p1681058949642806872opcc_400.jpg

NOLA
28-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Do we not have to wait until the team gel, surely its only a matter of time? :rolleyes:
they might have gelled by xmas, then again ...

essexhibee
28-08-2011, 04:51 PM
You must watch a different game to me, a defence that cant defend, a midfield that cant defend, and they also have no creation whatsoever.Garry O'Conner cant do it all on his own, make no mistake we have no tactics apart from hoofball, but this clown has built a team with no bite bollox or brain.He's a shambles of a manager, who's built a shambles of a team. Get him tae **** now. THIS. Cannot describe at this point how angry I am.

NOLA
28-08-2011, 04:52 PM
And we have to pull out all the stops to get O'neill. It will be difficult due to the fact of Europe but we must try. We are an abysmal team who are only going to get worse under this absolute clown. who would take the job? seriously.

delthehibee
28-08-2011, 04:52 PM
E

Cropley10
28-08-2011, 04:53 PM
He just needs time.

weonlywon6-2

strong words,but sadly all true:agree:

Cropley10
He just needs time.

To take us in to Division 1 and drive away the rest of the support in doing so.

hibees707070
28-08-2011, 04:54 PM
E

He should offer to resign after that! Team selection wrong and tactics wrong! Absolute disgrace!

delthehibee
28-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Get get lost calderwood leave our club you have worse record than hughes ta ta please

Cropley10

If you mean Martin then he's out of our league .

If you mean Michael then get a grip - have you seen Rovers play??

weonlywon6-2
It's all Calderwood then? Him and him alone? Just like it was exclusively all Mixu's, and Collins and Hughes' fault before him? I don't think so. Players and those in charge of the club must also take their share of the blame for this.

Complete overhaul needed- from the very top down. GG

cc has virtually changed the complete team. for me its the manager thats at fault. we are stuck with him for now though

The Falcon
28-08-2011, 04:56 PM

From the man who told us what a great player Michael Hart :rolleyes:

johnbc70
28-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I voted back him in the recent poll, but now think he has to go. Another poor poor display. Cannot see how he turns it round now.

Thecat23
28-08-2011, 04:58 PM
And the replacement is?

So you think he should stay? There are managers out there Strachan for one. Anyone who comes on here defending him are as clueless as CC. "knee jerk" reaction my @rse we're fed up of this gash we're bottom for a reason, 4 or 5 straight losses against a poor Hearts teams ridiculous.

Petrie the lot please in the name of god leave this club now your killing it.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Damned is he does, damned if he doesn't IMO. Plenty if us shouting for a 442 today; I bet there would be a "Clueless Colin" thread about how 451 with Gaz up top simply doesn't work if he'd opted for that formation too.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 05:00 PM
And the replacement is?

Secret squirrel, tom and jerry, postman pat, derek and the dominoes, kate winslet, simon cowell, louis walsh, the chuckle brothers, harpo marx, sophie/rosie or kevin webster, adrian mole, vidal sassoon, pugh pugh barney mgrew cuthbert dibble or grub, the guy that cleans my windows, brian may, dot cotton, private benjamin, thomas the tank, lionel blair, una stubbs, pat cash, pick any of the above, and they all couldn't do a worse job than this clown.

The Green Goblin
28-08-2011, 05:00 PM
cc has virtually changed the complete team. for me its the manager thats at fault. we are stuck with him for now though

Fair point, yes. I just think that he is the latest in a succession of managers who have all bombed, therefore, it's reasonable to assume that the state of the club has something to do with it.

GG

ScottB
28-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Where's the evidence that'll change anything?

We were shocking under Mixu, shocking under Hughes and shocking under Calderwood. Despite repeated changes in the playing squad, we have been continually unfit, continually making stupid mistakes and continually not trying hard enough.

For me, what the hell are Stevenson and Wright doing with these guys during the week? The Coaching staff are the one constant throughout this era of mediocrity, but seem to hardly ever be questioned, yet much of what is wrong with us, to me, would seem to stem from the work these guys are doing, or rather aren't doing, in training.

Clearly a total overhaul is required. When Hughes was punted people demanded a new manager and a turnaround in the squad, we have done that. Just doing the same thing again seems rather futile, like putting a sticking plaster on a knife wound.

down the slope
28-08-2011, 05:02 PM
And to think we could have got money for him !, trouble is Petrie has nailed his colours to the mast with this one so if Calderwood goes the other clown has to go as well.

Winston Ingram
28-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Damned is he does, damned if he doesn't IMO. Plenty if us shouting for a 442 today; I bet there would be a "Clueless Colin" thread about how 451 with Gaz up top simply doesn't work if he'd opted for that formation too.

We were unlucky to go in at HT behind imo. What really ****ed us was his change to put 3 up top. Left us with no width and our sole tactic was just to launch it.

madabouthibs
28-08-2011, 05:04 PM
He can't win. He plays the 442, Like we want, but nowt comes of it so he's still to blame. Some of these guys need to up their game. We have decent players considering our alleged **** wages.

Makaveli
28-08-2011, 05:04 PM
In the car. Spewing.

F*** off out our club you spineless prikc. Take gutless Thornhill and shadow osbourne with you.

Petrie has backed you. We've backed you. You've ****ed us about. You've made Christ know how many signings - some of them good players - and we're worse than when you arrived. How can that be? Because you're a joker.

Make no mistake, the support hates you. Leave while you can retain a modicum of dignity.

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 05:05 PM
He can't win.we see that in almost every game :agree:

RickyS
28-08-2011, 05:08 PM
He can't win. He plays the 442, Like we want, but nowt comes of it so he's still to blame. Some of these guys need to up their game. We have decent players considering our alleged **** wages.

sad but true

hibee_patty
28-08-2011, 05:08 PM
chopping and changing managers is not going to help!! we need to stand by him and we need to support theteam! we are supporters we support the team no matter what the score is just because we are not doing well turning your back on the club wont help

Greenblood70
28-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Results don't lie, Calderwood has an abysmal record. Time to stop making excuses for him and face the fact that he is not a manager.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Secret squirrel, tom and jerry, postman pat, derek and the dominoes, kate winslet, simon cowell, louis walsh, the chuckle brothers, harpo marx, sophie/rosie or kevin webster, adrian mole, vidal sassoon, pugh pugh barney mgrew cuthbert dibble or grub, the guy that cleans my windows, brian may, dot cotton, private benjamin, thomas the tank, lionel blair, una stubbs, pat cash, pick any of the above, and they all couldn't do a worse job than this clown. Rosie Webster for me please BH!

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 05:12 PM
chopping and changing managers is not going to help!! we need to stand by him and we need to support theteam! we are supporters we support the team no matter what the score is just because we are not doing well turning your back on the club wont helpneither is flogging a dead horse. If there had been the slightest sign of any improvement fair enough but there hasnae, we're ***** and getting worse, he's got tae go.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Rosie Webster for me please BH!

She'd definitely play every week with 2 up front. :wink:

fatbloke
28-08-2011, 05:13 PM
I think we should wait and hear from those at the game just how unlucky we have been, and how many chances we have missed. And you have to remember this team Calderwood has assembled need time to gel. As soon as that happens, we will then have a midfield that creates, and a back 4 that is tighter than a ducks arse. Its only a matter of time i'm told.

About as likely as finding a virgin in Blackpool on a Saturday night:greengrin

Speedway
28-08-2011, 05:16 PM
CC signed a contract extension on Thursday as well.

magnificent_seven
chopping and changing managers is not going to help!! we need to stand by him and we need to support theteam! we are supporters we support the team no matter what the score is just because we are not doing well turning your back on the club wont help

:faf:

RickyS
And to think we could have got money for him !, trouble is Petrie has nailed his colours to the mast with this one so if Calderwood goes the other clown has to go as well.

when's the AGM? Petrie won't be wanting a hard time so expect action before then if things don't improve

Greenblood70

:top marks Enough is enough, we should have seen some improvement but are already shaping up as relegation candidates again. We still can't defend any cross balls into our box, have no creativity in midfield, have replaced de graff with the cowardly lion in thornhill, and rely on Garry O to do it on his own up front. We're a shambles and its high time the support stopped burying its head in the sand before its too late a la Duffy.

CropleyisGod
28-08-2011, 05:19 PM
For what it's worth thought we played reasonably well. Two defensive cockups cost us dear. Good possession, some nice football at times just no cutting edge. I feel positive.

harry-hibee
28-08-2011, 05:19 PM
I think in the main he has picked up some good players in the transfer window considering what we can afford,my main concern is the way he selects and puts out the team, today being a case in point, i would not have guessed that team selection today. There is one signing that i think he could have done better and that is Towel, i have nothing against the lad but when we have a defence that is crying out for experience he signs a 20 year old, our back four is far too young and needs more experience in it. We should play Murray at left back and give young Booth a rest we have good defensive cover in midfield to allow Murray to go to left back as Calderwood said we have to go back to basics so then we can move forward. I am beginning to have very grave doubts about Mr Calderwood.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-08-2011, 05:21 PM
he's easily our worst ever boss and facts don't lie. get him to . Now.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 05:22 PM
For what it's worth thought we played reasonably well. Two defensive cockups cost us dear. Good possession, some nice football at times just no cutting edge. I feel positive.

I agree entirely.

Knee-jerk reaction by most on here unfortunately has them being totally irrational though - for a change :greengrin:

Hibby70
28-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I agree entirely.Knee-jerk reaction by most on here unfortunately has them being totally irrational though - for a change :greengrin: My knees seem to be jerking every week for months though. Maybe i need to see the doc.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I used to think that the lower leagues in England were as good, if not better, than the SPL. but CC's players from these leagues has proved that the quality isn't as good as I thought (or is it just his inept knowledge that lets him down?)

magnificent_seven
28-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Are some people on here for real? Happy with the performance? Knee jerk reactions? We are at the bottom of the effin league, beat AGAIN by Hearts, hardly a shot at goal.

And people are pleased? Aye, alright then :aok:

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 05:27 PM
My knees seem to be jerking every week for months though. Maybe i need to see the doc.

Maybe we need to let a whole teams worth of players have the time to gel together before the manager, squad and board are hung, drawn and quartered......?

edwards
28-08-2011, 05:29 PM
I agree entirely.

Knee-jerk reaction by most on here unfortunately has them being totally irrational though - for a change :greengrin:

Knee Jerk lets try and think up another buzz word this one is already getting old hat.

If I fitted your windows badly
or done your pluming badly
or done your electrics badly

and so on and so on
would you want to hire me.

CC is managing badly, the Berwick result saved his skin for another couple of weeks but we all know hand on heart that we will probably be back on here next week saying the same old things.
Petrie needs to get his ass into gear and start planning ahead as he had the chance to move him on so he has to accept his share of the responsibility as well.

steakbake
28-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Yes - the defensive errors must end or they will cost CC his job and perhaps more fans that Hibs can afford to lose.

Hearts to give them their dues, looked well in control. They safely won it today without even being particularly good. We looked impotent, desperate at times with little threat going forward. We don't look like we naturally know how to play the ball on the deck.

To quote one of our many managers of recent times: the ball is round - it's meant to roll.

Moulin Yarns
28-08-2011, 05:31 PM
he's easily our worst ever boss and facts don't lie. get him to fu**. Now. Two words. Jim Duffy. You are right facts don't lie, Duffy is worse, statistically, than Calderwood. FACT

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Are some people on here for real? Happy with the performance? Knee jerk reactions? We are at the bottom of the effin league, beat AGAIN by Hearts, hardly a shot at goal.

And people are pleased? Aye, alright then :aok:

I wouldn't say that I was "happy with the performance" but people creaming themselves over Towell and Griffths one minute and calling for a complete overhaul of playing staff, management, coaching personnel and the board is a knee-jerk reaction if I ever saw one.

Where is Filled Rolls when you need him, the sky is most certainly falling.

Greenblood70
28-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I agree entirely.

How long do you associate knee jerking with our disastrous run of results? We were garbage today and it could easily have been more than 2-0. Irrational is ignoring our run of form and hoping for improvement when we are clearly getting worse.

Northernhibee
Maybe we need to let a whole teams worth of players have the time to gel together before the manager, squad and board are hung, drawn and quartered......? What we needed was a manager that could win a charisma contest against a ****ing mop, the man is absolute murder.So many of our players are getting worse under him, our performances are horrific, we theoretically have a top six squad but we're dead last.Get him right to ****.

Viva_Palmeiras
Ok who left the light on ot the ****e out?

down the slope
28-08-2011, 05:33 PM

You must have been watching a different game from the rest of us, good possession ! i must have missed that couple of minutes. As for nice football you could say it was nice...for rugby , he will take us down.

Northernhibee
28-08-2011, 05:34 PM
So what can Cc defend himself with? A win against the might of Berwick? Almost makes up for Ayr.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Knee Jerk lets try and think up another buzz word this one is already getting old hat.

If I fitted your windows badly
or done your pluming badly
or done your electrics badly

and so on and so on
would you want to hire me.

CC is managing badly, the Berwick result saved his skin for another couple of weeks but we all know hand on heart that we will probably be back on here next week saying the same old things.
Petrie needs to get his ass into gear and start planning ahead as he had the chance to move him on so he has to accept his share of the responsibility as well.

How about incumbent?

That one is really beginning to piss me off.

A victory against a 3rd division side saving his skin for a few weeks is a "knee-jerk" reaction though, no matter how much the 'buzz word' annoys you.

The Green Goblin
28-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Two words. Jim Duffy. You are right facts don't lie, Duffy is worse, statistically, than Calderwood. FACT

It must be pretty close by now though. I had a look for the stats, but couldn't find them. Would be interested to see a direct comparison between Duffy and Calderwood, if you can help me find them?

GG

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 05:39 PM
How long do you associate knee jerking with our disastrous run of results? We were garbage today and it could easily have been more than 2-0. Irrational is ignoring our run of form and hoping for improvement when we are clearly getting worse.

Where have I said that I am happy with the current run of results?

Irrational is letting a manager bring in a whole teams worth of players and then shouting fir his head after a couple of games because things haven't worked out yet.

tamig
28-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I agree entirely.

Agreed. If we went on a good run this board would die.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2011, 05:41 PM
His interview on the radio was a joke, he just doesn't give a flying one.

With 2 minutes to go today the Hearts manager was screaming and shouting instructions, kicking every ball with them. Calderwood stood with hiss arms folded for 90 minutes watching and absolute horror show of a performance.

The Green Goblin
28-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Two words. Jim Duffy. You are right facts don't lie, Duffy is worse, statistically, than Calderwood. FACT

Okay, got them:

CC: Played 38 Won 10 Drawn 6 Lost 22
JD: Played 48 Won 10 Drawn 15 Lost 23

GG

EasterRoad4Ever
28-08-2011, 05:44 PM
:top marks Enough is enough, we should have seen some improvement but are already shaping up as relegation candidates again. We still can't defend any cross balls into our box, have no creativity in midfield, have replaced de graff with the cowardly lion in thornhill, and rely on Garry O to do it on his own up front. We're a shambles and its high time the support stopped burying its head in the sand before its too late a la Duffy.

What he said, and every Hibby should by now realise :agree: Calderwood and Petrie are systematically killing our club and ripping the fans off.

AL-Qaholik
28-08-2011, 05:47 PM
In the car. Spewing.

F*** off out our club you spineless prikc. Take gutless Thornhill and shadow osbourne with you.

Petrie has backed you. We've backed you. You've ****ed us about. You've made Christ know how many signings - some of them good players - and we're worse than when you arrived. How can that be? Because you're a joker.

Make no mistake, the support hates you. Leave while you can retain a modicum of dignity.

This. :agree:

EK_Hibs
28-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Colin 'HOOF' Calderwood.... Pack your bags now please!!! PLEEEEAASE!!!!

HFC 0-7
28-08-2011, 05:51 PM

Just tactics, that's all

Tactics were all wrong today, lump it up and miss out the midfield. I wouldnt say that its just the tactics, I would say we are missing some types of players in midfield. Cant see a play maker in there at all, when we do get the ball on the deck there is no one in there that can receive and start an attack easily. Suppose that is maybe why we resort to long ball.

Cropley10
28-08-2011, 05:53 PM
His interview on the radio was a joke, he just doesn't give a flying one.

With 2 minutes to go today the Hearts manager was screaming and shouting instructions, kicking every ball with them. Calderwood stood with hiss arms folded for 90 minutes watching and absolute horror show of a performance.

Again. It's not going to change.

Greenblood70
28-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Where have I said that I am happy with the current run of results?

Irrational is letting a manager bring in a whole teams worth of players and then shouting fir his head after a couple of games because things haven't worked out yet.

The term knee jerk would imply that those that are unhappy are only reacting to todays result. It runs much deeper than that for many reasons. You have to look at why and how he sets up the players brought in. Not having a pop at you and appraciate your prepared to give Calderwood time, I just don't see any reason for optimism as imo he's failed to address our biggest weaknesses which were an inexperienced defence and lack of creativity in midfield.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-08-2011, 05:56 PM
The defeat that launched a xxxxx yams hopefully ;)

Alfred E Newman

I think you may have had too much wine with your tea.:greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
One thing that will come out of this latest defeat (and bottom of the SPL) is the huge and increased pressure CC (and Petrie) will get from the media. His record, team selection, management skills, tactics and comments will now come under the most intense scrutiny - as will his attitude and behaviour during the summer pre-season. As they say, the league doesn't lie. And Petrie's part in Hibs 4 year downward spiral will also be recognised.

We can now only hope the guy cracks and walks away from the job.

One Day Soon
28-08-2011, 05:57 PM
You would have thought Hearts fans would have become sickened by the continuing brand of Hoofball over the years and to cap it all by having to watch their team play in a green strip today must really have them spewing. Add to that the complete lack of invention, missing midfield, inability to defend and a squad containing some pretty decent players that they can't get to play as a team and there must be a real sense of crisis in Gorgie.

Oh, wait a minute......

EasterRoad4Ever
28-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Colin 'HOOF' Calderwood.... Pack your bags now please!!! PLEEEEAASE!!!!

That's what caught my eye today. CC's strategy to beat the Yams is...... lets hoof long balls right up the middle against arguably the team most suited in the whole of the SPL to deal with that, and hope something comes off. It would be pathetic if out wasn't so sad.

"You don't know what you're doing" would be appropriate, if I didn't suspect he knows EXACTLY what he's doing and how to get out of ER with a bag of cash :confused:

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 06:04 PM
The term knee jerk would imply that those that are unhappy are only reacting to todays result. It runs much deeper than that for many reasons. You have to look at why and how he sets up the players brought in. Not having a pop at you and appraciate your prepared to give Calderwood time, I just don't see any reason for optimism as imo he's failed to address our biggest weaknesses which were an inexperienced defence and lack of creativity in midfield.

To be fair to you, I don't disagree with the points you've made about the defence and lack of creativity in midfield.

The knee-jerk comments refer to the contrasting reactions between beating a pub team, signing a few mediocre players on loan and then losing a derby at tynie.

Staying optimistic is the only way I could cope lol. I do recognise our shortfallings and how we repeatedly fail to address key weaknesses but I simply do not believe that chucking a manager every season, until we find the right one, is the way to go about it.

HFC 0-7
28-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Maybe we need to let a whole teams worth of players have the time to gel together before the manager, squad and board are hung, drawn and quartered......?

What about next season then? there is about 8 players contracts up at the end of the season or before? Are we too just have another season of waiting for a team to 'gel'? If we are going to sign a lot of players on short term contracts then this is exactly what going to happen every season. I dont think its a case of waiting for the to 'Gel', the tactics are wrong IMO and its making the team look really bad. When we get cuffed off Kilmarnock we keep pretty much the same squad for the next game, in particular the defence. We win 5-0 midweek and make changes. The players look like they arent gelling because we are constantly chasing the game, constantly hoofing the ball, losing possesion and starting all over again. Some of the players looked like having a problem with fitness today towards the end of the match which can only be down to the system we are playing meaning they have to work too hard or the fitness work they do at training. Either way CC is in charge of it and the buck stops with him. I am all for giving him more time, but its not a case of giving him more time to wait on players gelling, its a case of giving him more time to get the tactics and team selections correct. Time is running out for him from me as he doesnt seem to be showing any signs of improving.

We arent doing anything anywhere on the pitch that makes us worthy of winning games, we cant defend, there is a wealth of mistakes, we are making very few chances on goal and we cant keep the ball. Usually when you see a team improving you will see an improvement in at least one of these areas. We have conceeded 10 goals in 5 games and only scored 3. We have the second least attempts on goals in the league on 33 with only 14 on target. Compare that with a team like Dundee Utd that we should be hoping to compete with they have had 79 attempts with 33 on target. Or Motherwell with 46 attempts with 33 on target.

Scoring goals wins games, conceeding them loses games, we cant score and we conceed easily.

.Sean.
28-08-2011, 06:08 PM
He's a ******, if I was as ***** at my job as he is at is I'd get sacked, hopefully the idiot is punted.

Cameron1875
28-08-2011, 06:09 PM
One thing that will come out of this latest defeat (and bottom of the SPL) is the huge and increased pressure CC (and Petrie) will get from the media. His record, team selection, management skills, tactics and comments will now come under the most intense scrutiny - as will his attitude and behaviour during the summer pre-season. As they say, the league doesn't lie. And Petrie's part in Hibs 4 year downward spiral will also be recognised.

Lets bloody hope so. I've always felt the media aren't interested in hibs and petrie and co can get away with whatever. Hopefully it will be highlighted how serious a position this club is in.

Cropley10
28-08-2011, 06:12 PM

And takes Calderwood with him.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-08-2011, 06:15 PM
And takes Calderwood with him.

thebausburst
28-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Hope he takes Agogo with him, was he on the pitch today??

Sir David Gray
28-08-2011, 06:20 PM
It must be pretty close by now though. I had a look for the stats, but couldn't find them. Would be interested to see a direct comparison between Duffy and Calderwood, if you can help me find them?

GG

We've now played a whole season's worth of matches under Calderwood (38), in all competitions, and we've won 10 matches. After 38 matches in all competitions under Duffy, we had won 7 matches.

Calderwood

P-38
W-10
D-6
L-22
F-39
A-59

Duffy

P-38
W-7
D-13
L-18
F-44
A-58

So although we've managed to win more games under Calderwood, we've scored fewer goals, conceded more goals and lost more games.

Make no mistake, with the way we're playing right now, relegation is a huge possibility.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 06:23 PM
What about next season then? there is about 8 players contracts up at the end of the season or before? Are we too just have another season of waiting for a team to 'gel'? If we are going to sign a lot of players on short term contracts then this is exactly what going to happen every season. I dont think its a case of waiting for the to 'Gel', the tactics are wrong IMO and its making the team look really bad. When we get cuffed off Kilmarnock we keep pretty much the same squad for the next game, in particular the defence. We win 5-0 midweek and make changes. The players look like they arent gelling because we are constantly chasing the game, constantly hoofing the ball, losing possesion and starting all over again. Some of the players looked like having a problem with fitness today towards the end of the match which can only be down to the system we are playing meaning they have to work too hard or the fitness work they do at training. Either way CC is in charge of it and the buck stops with him. I am all for giving him more time, but its not a case of giving him more time to wait on players gelling, its a case of giving him more time to get the tactics and team selections correct. Time is running out for him from me as he doesnt seem to be showing any signs of improving.

We arent doing anything anywhere on the pitch that makes us worthy of winning games, we cant defend, there is a wealth of mistakes, we are making very few chances on goal and we cant keep the ball. Usually when you see a team improving you will see an improvement in at least one of these areas. We have conceeded 10 goals in 5 games and only scored 3. We have the second least attempts on goals in the league on 33 with only 14 on target. Compare that with a team like Dundee Utd that we should be hoping to compete with they have had 79 attempts with 33 on target. Or Motherwell with 46 attempts with 33 on target.

Scoring goals wins games, conceeding them loses games, we cant score and we conceed easily.

I am not defending the short term deals we've given players so that is pretty irrelevant IMO - if we get a load of other players in at the end of these deals then I'd be wanting to wait a few games before sacking everyone associated with the club then too :greengrin:

A lot of the players playing today have had a minimal amount of first team action since January; I'd argue thats why we looked so unfit.

The players aren't gelling because the team have never played together as a unit before, and others were either making thier debut or first ever start for the club.

Cameron1875
28-08-2011, 06:24 PM
We've now played a whole season's worth of matches under Calderwood (38), in all competitions, and we've won 10 matches. After 38 matches in all competitions under Duffy, we had won 7 matches.

Calderwood

P-38
W-10
D-6
L-22
F-39
A-59

Duffy

P-38
W-7
D-13
L-18
F-44
A-58

So although we've managed to win more games under Calderwood, we've scored fewer goals, conceded more goals and lost more games.

Make no mistake, with the way we're playing right now, relegation is a huge possibility.

Too right. If Calderwood stays i seriously cant see us finishing higher than 10th. Sucks to be a hibee at the mo but always glad i'm not one of them.

RickyS
28-08-2011, 06:26 PM

Calderwood

P-38
W-10
D-6
L-22
F-39
A-59

Duffy

P-38
W-7
D-13
L-18
F-44
A-58

a certainty if this clown sticks around

one day maybe...
28-08-2011, 06:29 PM
To be fair to you, I don't disagree with the points you've made about the defence and lack of creativity in midfield.

The knee-jerk comments refer to the contrasting reactions between beating a pub team, signing a few mediocre players on loan and then losing a derby at tynie.

Staying optimistic is the only way I could cope lol. I do recognise our shortfallings and how we repeatedly fail to address key weaknesses but I simply do not believe that chucking a manager every season, until we find the right one, is the way to go about it.

Correct. Althoughnit is hard and by christ it is frustrating we need to allow this manager to attempt to achieve what he believes is right for Hibernian. To keep ripping it up and starting again is not the way forward. I do believe Calderwood will get it right, I just hope for his sake it is soon and that it benefits Hibs in the long run. Don't know why, but I just have a wee sneaky that 2012 could finally be the year.. Have faith fellow Hibees..

BSEJVT
28-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I am completely at a loss to know what to do next with Hibs.

From virtually day one I havent rated Calderwood, but whether it was him or even the most unpopular figure the entire support could have dreamed up I would have said that we had to make a stand one day and give a manager time to turn us around and by that I mean 2 -3 seasons.

I have hated watching Hibs under Caldwerwood and gace up a season ticket after around 15 consecutive seasons, but still felt we needed to stick with him.

I dont think there can be any argument the board have backed him in shipping players out and bringing new ones in and with my rational head on I would say that we need to give this lot of players a chance to gel and the manager a chance to work with them........

But he just makes so many unfathomable decisions that I dont know if he's the full shilling or not.

Todays game would have been ideal for both Palsson and Scott, for the first time in a long time I actually thought we would stand up to them and compete on equal terms physically and harass the hell out them like they do to us.

To be honest we should have went there outfought them and took a draw happily and maybe even sneaked a win.

Instead we get the now weekly chop and change and bring in guys who even we know aren't match fit into a derby when unless you are Messi, you need to be at peak fitness.

He is absolutely ruining Hanlon & Booth by playting them when they are bang out of form and need protected and unless we are careful they will turn into Wotherspoon MK 2 & 3.

The board just can be considering sacking him and I would guess that he has another 6 weeks minimum to turn it round.

We need to pray for all our sakes that he does.

I wouldn't bet on it though

Judas Iscariot
28-08-2011, 06:38 PM
The clown doesn't want to be here, the players know it, the fans know it..

We're a ****ing laughing stock at the moment..

Thank **** I never renewed :aok:

HFC 0-7
28-08-2011, 07:11 PM
I am not defending the short term deals we've given players so that is pretty irrelevant IMO - if we get a load of other players in at the end of these deals then I'd be wanting to wait a few games before sacking everyone associated with the club then too :greengrin:

A lot of the players playing today have had a minimal amount of first team action since January; I'd argue thats why we looked so unfit.

The players aren't gelling because the team have never played together as a unit before, and others were either making thier debut or first ever start for the club.

This Gelling thing is nonsense IMO, other teams have brought a lot of players in and are still doing better than us. the tactics are all wrong, we are inviting trouble but not even attempting to hold onto the ball. Man Utd can still have 4 new faces in and still hump Arsenal 8-2. Along with having Welbeck and smalling who are still pretty new to it all. Hibs had 5 new signings in the starting 11 today the rest have been here from at least January or have played with us recently ie Towell. we could have replaced some of the new faces with players like Pallson, Scott and Sodje. How can you explain man U having 4 new faces in who have only played about 3 league games and gelling to beat a team like Arsenal 8 - 2, but Hibs bring in 5 new players and not being able to gel at all?!?!? Stack, Booth, Hanlon, Murray, Towell and Thornhill have experience playing together. O'connor is new to the team yet has seemed to have 'gelled' as he is probably our best performer. If it is such a problem and the reason we are crap, why does Calderwood leave 5 outfield players that have been with us since before this season on the bench?

Pedantic_Hibee
28-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Quite a few posters who have less posts than they have years in membership of this site are posting on here today. It f*****g reeks............

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/8/25/324ec938-2e0d-481e-92e6-eb0d07221d19.jpg

sundo1875
28-08-2011, 07:19 PM
he is one of the only managers i can think of that has made hibs boring to watch cc gtf

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 07:24 PM
This Gelling thing is nonsense IMO, other teams have brought a lot of players in and are still doing better than us. the tactics are all wrong, we are inviting trouble but not even attempting to hold onto the ball. Man Utd can still have 4 new faces in and still hump Arsenal 8-2. Along with having Welbeck and smalling who are still pretty new to it all. Hibs had 5 new signings in the starting 11 today the rest have been here from at least January or have played with us recently ie Towell. we could have replaced some of the new faces with players like Pallson, Scott and Sodje. How can you explain man U having 4 new faces in who have only played about 3 league games and gelling to beat a team like Arsenal 8 - 2, but Hibs bring in 5 new players and not being able to gel at all?!?!? Stack, Booth, Hanlon, Murray, Towell and Thornhill have experience playing together. O'connor is new to the team yet has seemed to have 'gelled' as he is probably our best performer. If it is such a problem and the reason we are crap, why does Calderwood leave 5 outfield players that have been with us since before this season on the bench?

Oh FFS, you can't use arguably the best team in the world as a benchmark of how our players should be playing together - for the love of god man :greengrin

CC could have replaced some of the new faces with those who had a little more experience of playing together, but what good would that have done?

According to you this "gelling" thing is a load of rubbish.

marinello59
28-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Two weeks before the next game. Time to get rid and get a new man in. Having a plan B today would have been nice.
Having a plan A would have been even better.

Saorsa
28-08-2011, 07:27 PM
he is one of the only managers i can think of that has made hibs boring to watch cc gtfNot been around long then :greengrin Moggadon, Mr Blooby, probably nae point in going back further.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Two weeks before the next game. Time to get rid and get a new man in. Having a plan B today would have been nice.

He had a plan a, the same plan a he's had since he arrived hoof the bloody thing as long as we can and charge.

BigBamba
28-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Get him to f***!! This club needs to start going in the right direction!!

HFC 0-7
28-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Oh FFS, you can't use arguably the best team in the world as a benchmark of how our players should be playing together - for the love of god man :greengrin

CC could have replaced some of the new faces with those who had a little more experience of playing together, but what good would that have done?

According to you this "gelling" thing is a load of rubbish.

Yes I am comparing them because they are not playing in the SPL, they are playing in arguably the best league in the world!!!!! I am saying that other teams, players and managers can gel quick, why cant we? I am not saying Gelling is rubbish, I am saying that blaming the performances on gelling is rubbish. If you are saying that this gelling thing IS the cause of the performances then surely Calderwood must know this and therefore not throw all of his new signings in together and do it slowly?!?!? or at least not in a derby!!!!

regardless of playing as a unit, we have seen individual mistakes, lack of creativity and a lack of direction. these are all things that the players should be able to do regardless of whether they have played together for 5 games or 5 years. I am not expecting them to string 100 passes together then score, I do expect each player to know what is expected of them and be able to show for a ball and pass a ball. Calderwood isnt even using 'gelling' as an excuse, his excuse is match fitness. OK then dont put loads of players that havent got much match fitness onto the park at once in a bloody derby!!!!! If we had a lot of possesion but maybe not making that cutting pass then I would say that gelling would be a factor for that as matching peoples runs takes time. That isnt whats happening here. We cant keep the ball, players look like they dont want it.

HFC 0-7
28-08-2011, 07:34 PM

I think Calderwood did have a plan today, he realised the midfield has been rank so told his defenders to bypass them at every opportunity. I think a sign of a good manager that can make changes to the tactics during a game to try and combat any threats and cause more threats ourselves.

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Yes I am comparing them because they are not playing in the SPL, they are playing in arguably the best league in the world!!!!! I am saying that other teams, players and managers can gel quick, why cant we? I am not saying Gelling is rubbish, I am saying that blaming the performances on gelling is rubbish. If you are saying that this gelling thing IS the cause of the performances then surely Calderwood must know this and therefore not throw all of his new signings in together and do it slowly?!?!? or at least not in a derby!!!!

regardless of playing as a unit, we have seen individual mistakes, lack of creativity and a lack of direction. these are all things that the players should be able to do regardless of whether they have played together for 5 games or 5 years. I am not expecting them to string 100 passes together then score, I do expect each player to know what is expected of them and be able to show for a ball and pass a ball. Calderwood isnt even using 'gelling' as an excuse, his excuse is match fitness. OK then dont put loads of players that havent got much match fitness onto the park at once in a bloody derby!!!!! If we had a lot of possesion but maybe not making that cutting pass then I would say that gelling would be a factor for that as matching peoples runs takes time. That isnt whats happening here. We cant keep the ball, players look like they dont want it.

So if the best teams in the world can do it then we should be able to do it as well; what kind of logic is that?

I've not once blamed our performance today on the team not gelling alone. I am only trying to defend CC from the "off wi their head" lot because we have a squad who have barely just met each other - it's still early days.

You still seem to be making a whole load of other irrelevant points, which I'm again not gong to pay any attention to.

Big Frank
28-08-2011, 08:07 PM

yip. have to agree with that

147lothian
28-08-2011, 08:08 PM
The root cause of the problem is petrie, hibs signings seem ok, and we need to give them time, joping and changing will get hibs no where, it all comes down to money. If petrie doesn't give the manager the money he needs to secure the defence and mid field, then its petrie thats the problem, not calderwood!

HFC 0-7
28-08-2011, 08:24 PM
So if the best teams in the world can do it then we should be able to do it as well; what kind of logic is that?

I've not once blamed our performance today on the team not gelling alone. I am only trying to defend CC from the "off wi their head" lot because we have a squad who have barely just met each other - it's still early days.

You still seem to be making a whole load of other irrelevant points, which I'm again not gong to pay any attention to.

My point is that the best teams in the world can do it in the best leagues in the world. I am talking about Hibs doing it in the SPL. If the top teams can gel quick and the players can adapt quickly to the best leagues in the world, why should hibs players take longer in a rank rotten league?

The whole load of 'irrelevant' points are showing the failings of Calderwood, or perhaps you dont want to acknowledge them and instead ignore them.

In regards to the bold bit above, the squad of 29 players that we have, 21 have been with hibs from at least the previous transfer window 22 if you include Towell? So really the vast majority of the team have had at least half a season playing with each other. Is that not long enough?

Dinkydoo
28-08-2011, 08:47 PM
My point is that the best teams in the world can do it in the best leagues in the world. I am talking about Hibs doing it in the SPL. If the top teams can gel quick and the players can adapt quickly to the best leagues in the world, why should hibs players take longer in a rank rotten league?

The whole load of 'irrelevant' points are showing the failings of Calderwood, or perhaps you dont want to acknowledge them and instead ignore them.

In regards to the bold bit above, the squad of 29 players that we have, 21 have been with hibs from at least the previous transfer window 22 if you include Towell? So really the vast majority of the team have had at least half a season playing with each other. Is that not long enough?

That makes a bit more sense, I misunderstood your previous post.

I still however think we have to recognise that we've had the biggest squad overhaul of the past decade and it is going to take time before we start playing consistently well.

We started today with four players who have rarely - if at all - played with each other and proceeded to bring on another two. It doesn't matter how long the many unused subs and people we had in reserve have had to play with each other as they obviously didn't influence today's game............

The match fitness of those same players could probably be called into question too tbh.

The other points are irrelevant because as I've said before, I do pay notice to our short-fallings and weaknesses that we fail to address week in week out; changing the manager as frequently as we have been doing over the past 3 years doesn't seem to be helping either though.

I'd much rather wait until Xmas before saying enough is enough, CC you're *****, your players are *****, everything must go! Rather than another 12 months down the line realise that things still haven't really improved even with another manager and we finally realise that the club needs a little stability in going forward.

GGTTH and **** the Hearts; especially Ian Black :greengrin:

The Green Goblin
28-08-2011, 09:13 PM

Is it? He's been manager for 10 months. He has played 38 games: won 10, drawn 6 and lost 22. We have taken 4 points from a possible 33 in our last 11 games. We had a relegation scare last year. We are bottom of the league again. New signings - yes. Any visible signs of improvement in the last 10 months - no. Time is one thing, but I am puzzled as to why you think there are any signs of progress under CC or why there are any reasons to be even a tiny bit optimistic.

GG

Dinkydoo
29-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Is it? He's been manager for 10 months. He has played 38 games: won 10, drawn 6 and lost 22. We have taken 4 points from a possible 33 in our last 11 games. We had a relegation scare last year. We are bottom of the league again. New signings - yes. Any visible signs of improvement in the last 10 months - no. Time is one thing, but I am puzzled as to why you think there are any signs of progress under CC or why there are any reasons to be even a tiny bit optimistic.

GG

The early days comment was in reference to the squad which is made up of quite a few new faces, not CC's reign.

Fwiw, I'm far from convinced that CC is the man for the job at the moment but who else with a better track record are we going to get in - and at what cost?

Another season written off due to more squad rebuilding.........

The Green Goblin
29-08-2011, 12:16 PM
The early days comment was in reference to the squad which is made up of quite a few new faces, not CC's reign.

Fwiw, I'm far from convinced that CC is the man for the job at the moment but who else with a better track record are we going to get in - and at what cost?
Another season written off due to more squad rebuilding.........

Point 1 - Fair enough.

Point 2: Strachan? But I agree that is unlikely, as this board seems to only appoint managers at the fledgling point of their career, not more experienced ones.

Point 3 - If that is the case, as it seems to be, then donīt you think its finally time the fans held the board, and Petrie, fully to account for their failure to properly take care of the footballing side of the club?

GG

Dinkydoo
29-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Point 1 - Fair enough.

Point 2: Strachan? But I agree that is unlikely, as this board seems to only appoint managers at the fledgling point of their career, not more experienced ones.

Point 3 - If that is the case, as it seems to be, then donīt you think its finally time the fans held the board, and Petrie, fully to account for their failure to properly take care of the footballing side of the club?

GG

Strachan, I personally don't like the guy but I guess he could do a good job; he knows success and has to be better tactically than CC. My only fear would be that he's used to having money to burn and being at hibs would be a bit of a culture shock.

I agree and disagree with you at the same time on the third point. Yes, people need to be held accountable for their ineptitude but I think there is evidence to suggest that we've been a bit unlucky with the last two managerial appointments.

Let's roll it back a bit, Mixu was a gamble, he was very inexperienced as a manager and was only really chosen because of the history he has with the club. Mixu really was the cheapo option at the time and in retrospect was a bad appointment by petrie and the board. His failure to learn from the mistakes he and our squad were making and refusal to accept that he had been wrong - constantly blaming match officials was one of his traits that sticks in my mind - meant his time with us was short lived.

John Hughes, had a reasonable track record, nothing flashy but had shown he was capable of building a team and getting them to play well - he had Falkirk punching above their weight a little but he still IMO had moderate success there. I was happy, like most on here, with this appointment.

His Hibs team started well, a bit lucky - like Falkirk were - and just managed to finish fourth in the end after going on a poor run towards the end of the season. Did we care though? Nah, we had European football - short lived as it was - and finished above the yams, it can be considered a successful season.

Unfortunately the poor run continued, through the summer and way into the following season. We were no longer lucky and the players didn't seem to really care anymore - had Hughes completely lost the dressing room? This downward spiral continued until CC was appointed, relieving Yogi of his duties.

CC has came with a decent track record, arguably better than Mixu and JH's (although I'd intimate not by much). He's had moderate success in the lower English leagues - which is probably a similar standard in terms of finances and quality than that of the SPL. Again, I was happy with this appointment - I'd say though that the fans in general were a bit indifferent towards him coming here.

Despite this though, we find ourselves in a similar position one year later (worse if you look at league position) but with one difference. Our team looks completely different, stronger, but still without any apparent direction or togetherness. Previous questions over CC's loyalty to the club and the poor run of form we've been on mean that although we've finally given a manager the opportunity to completely revamp the team - something that I know I've been wanting since 2007 when Collins left - he has very little time to get them playing together before everyone, even me, has had enough. Some however have had enough before the majority of the new guys have even had 90 minutes on the pitch........

I'm prepared to wait until Xmas - provided there is improvement along the way - to see if CC can make a team out of the individuals we saw play on Sunday (some of which are undeniably talented footballers, others young but showing promise and a couple who admittedly look a bit iffy). I'll maybe be calling for his head if we are still bottom of the pile by November but I'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

Getting rid of CC now may be Petrie's saving grace but it could mean that we are again stuck in another transitional period, one which could permanently damage the club.

This is a delicate situation which needs to be handled properly; I don't think we are yet in a position to act and be confident of it being the best way forward.

Littlest Hobo
29-08-2011, 05:19 PM
THE BASICS OF BUILDING A GOOD SOLID TEAM

To START - bring in a good solid realiable goalkeeper. HIBS = Not seen a real goalkeeper in a Hibs jersey since Leighton

Then ADD - two solid (must be ugly+bald) no nonsense centre halfs = jury is out on O'Hanlon but it has to be a fail for Hanlon

ADD TO THE MIX - a quality playmaker - Example = Latapy or someone in that mould.

TO TOP IT OFF - a big fast solid centre forward, who will put his head on anything that moves in the box.
a little nippy goal hungry striker to play off said centre forward.

Then add decoration down the sides but said decor isn't too important if you get the basics right.

Golden Bear
29-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Paul Kane now talking on BBs Radio Scotland Medium wave about the current situation at Hibs.

This should be interesting but he's obviously a Yogi fan so I'll take what he says with a pinch of salt.

R'Albin
29-08-2011, 05:39 PM
THE BASICS OF BUILDING A GOOD SOLID TEAM

To START - bring in a good solid realiable goalkeeper. HIBS = Not seen a real goalkeeper in a Hibs jersey since Leighton

Then ADD - two solid (must be ugly+bald) no nonsense centre halfs = jury is out on O'Hanlon but it has to be a fail for Hanlon

ADD TO THE MIX - a quality playmaker - Example = Latapy or someone in that mould.

TO TOP IT OFF - a big fast solid centre forward, who will put his head on anything that moves in the box.
a little nippy goal hungry striker to play off said centre forward.

Then add decoration down the sides but said decor isn't too important if you get the basics right.

Stack is a solid goalkeeper, I don't really know what more you can expect for an SPL side..

Daniel Andersson if I remeber correctly was a good goalkeeper as well.

As for the striker bit I feel we are well equipped there as well, Griffiths and Garry will score goals and Sodje will put his head on most things, not seen enough of Agogo to comment on him yet.

Golden Bear
29-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Paul Kane now talking on BBs Radio Scotland Medium wave about the current situation at Hibs.

This should be interesting but he's obviously a Yogi fan so I'll take what he says with a pinch of salt.

To summarise (in the eyes of Kano):-

The cLub were wrong to sack Yogi (your joking of course Kano)

Sir Tom Farmer should think about his current role at Hibs and consider whether Rod Petrie is behind many of the current problems at ER. (Interesting)

RP is interfering far too much on the football side and was wrong to go behind JC's back (I totally agree with this one)

The fans are not happy bunnies right now and this will have a disastrous effect on the Clubs' finances in the coming months (we already knew that)

Littlest Hobo
29-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Stack is a solid goalkeeper, I don't really know what more you can expect for an SPL side..

Daniel Andersson if I remeber correctly was a good goalkeeper as well.

As for the striker bit I feel we are well equipped there as well, Griffiths and Garry will score goals and Sodje will put his head on most things, not seen enough of Agogo to comment on him yet.

Stack is not what I class as a solid goalkeeper mate. He's an accident waiting to happen everytime he puts on the gloves.
We need better than him.

I agree with the rest of your post but what about the defence and the midfield?

Wellbankhibby
29-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Im sick to death of stating the obvious. Three weeks ago I felt I had to Question the wisdom of our board in keeping CC as our manager. I was slated for mentioning that it should be DD for him if we lost the following game, since then we have lost every game apart from Berwick rangers. The truth is with CC in charge you better believe it that we are strong relegation candidates. I know some on here will say we have only played a few games but the other teams such as aberdeen, st. Mirren killie, motherwell are all potentially better than us. Only St. Johnstone, Dunfermline and Calley thistle look as bad as us and I have no doubt Saints and Calley will improve leaving us to fight relegation with the Pars. I dont like going on about sacking managers but when its not working its not working Im afraid CC does not have a clue. I will keep stating the point that we need a very strong Manager who is aggressive when he has to be and in my opinion Gordon Strachan should be appointed as quickly as possible. Whether you like him as a person or not he will get the best out of our current players and he will also attract a better quality of player , our young players will also look up to him. As a team we are far too soft, I have watched us being half hearted in tackles especially againt the Yams. It used to be that we were ALWAYS the better footballing side but they hastled us and often kicked us off the park unfortunately they are still a VERY POOR footballing side and we are falling quickly to their standards. We have to Toughen up, the Players complained about JC when he was manager but I thought the team were starting to dig in. Unfortunately yet another Derby defeat and its hard to take when we are beaten so easily. We need an experienced Manager to get us back on track Get Strachan NOW. :flag: